• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

rhan

Smash Hero
You still have time to join in the tourney. I might as well play too. Ain't got **** to do with my life until boot camp.

Rhan.667

terr13

Smash Journeyman
It's okay to have some kind of preset, and also some kind of triggers, but you can't play the entire game like that. If you want to play that reactive, then Zerg might be a better fit for you. Just Drone all the time, if you see him making marines, make ling/bling. If you see hellions, build Roaches. Otherwise Drone and tech to Mutas.

Roman.

Smash Champion
It's okay to have some kind of preset, and also some kind of triggers, but you can't play the entire game like that. If you want to play that reactive, then Zerg might be a better fit for you. Just Drone all the time, if you see him making marines, make ling/bling. If you see hellions, build Roaches. Otherwise Drone and tech to Mutas.
if only it were that easy to get scouting information

guessing games ftw

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Anyone that's Silver-Master Level willing to practice going 4 gate against me? Preferably start off easy (Like A move 4gate) and give me tips and try to improve my strategy against it. I'm not qq against the tactic, but I want successive practice against it so I can stop my panic and at least get more success at holding it off and having a stronger mindset.

So that being said, I'm still going to scout, probably will want to try 14 hatch/14 pool or sling expand builds while trying to hold this off. I'm not looking for outright counters, just better solid gameplay.

As it goes right now it seems like for my placing (top gold) I win any game that goes over like 7-8 minutes while losing any game that has early harrassment. 4 gate is definitely the hardest of the early harrass for me to deal with so if I can calm down against that it should help vs everything.

Edit: I've been practicing putting my hands on the number keys, I can remember to do it for early game and lol spam apm, but usually my midgame I tend go back to standard. I like it though as early game stuff it's made it a lot easier to say control lings and roaches on seperate hotkeys.

I'll be on tonight around 6 EST.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone that's Silver-Master Level willing to practice going 4 gate against me? Preferably start off easy (Like A move 4gate) and give me tips and try to improve my strategy against it. I'm not qq against the tactic, but I want successive practice against it so I can stop my panic and at least get more success at holding it off and having a stronger mindset.

So that being said, I'm still going to scout, probably will want to try 14 hatch/14 pool or sling expand builds while trying to hold this off. I'm not looking for outright counters, just better solid gameplay.

As it goes right now it seems like for my placing (top gold) I win any game that goes over like 7-8 minutes while losing any game that has early harrassment. 4 gate is definitely the hardest of the early harrass for me to deal with so if I can calm down against that it should help vs everything.

Edit: I've been practicing putting my hands on the number keys, I can remember to do it for early game and lol spam apm, but usually my midgame I tend go back to standard. I like it though as early game stuff it's made it a lot easier to say control lings and roaches on seperate hotkeys.

I'll practice against you if you want and if I have time. I get off work at 5pm central...just hang around in the smashboards channel lol.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'll practice against you if you want and if I have time. I get off work at 5pm central...just hang around in the smashboards channel lol.
Sounds good Hylian, whats the smasboards channel called? swf? It's not in the OP. I'll look for you tonight.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

check out this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177791
and more specifically this video: http://mrbitter.blip.tv/file/4711503/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
np bro. that vid helped me out a lot vs the 4gate. My biggest problem was over droning (my worst habit lol)

M@v

Subarashii!
You should almost never 4gate vs terran, unless you suspect a 1 rax fe or something.
4gate almost always in pvp unless your cheesing
sometimes it works vs zerg, but 3gate expand is way better.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Missed you last night Hylian. I went something like 10-3 on the day though.

Roman I have so much trouble doing the palm+control thing XD.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Missed you last night Hylian. I went something like 10-3 on the day though.

Roman I have so much trouble doing the palm+control thing XD.
I sat around in the smashboards channel for about an hour lol oh well. Maybe sometime tomorrow? Just profile msg me on smashboards whenever. I'm busy today though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll sign up later when I remember my character code, haha. You can go ahead and put me down as a Protoss player, though.

I'm tired of being in Bronze. I've won my last 5 matches, and it's too easy to scout then crush everyone. XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I should totally troll bronze by playing Random and only making one type of (non-worker, non-Overlord) unit regardless of what race I get and what matchup it is.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hahaha, oh man, I need to try that, but since I'm near the top of bronze now, it probably wouldn't work. :(

I'll be playing some matches soon, and I'll post my code after I switch to Windows and start up SC2.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not gonna lie, if you catch the zergs pants down with 2-3 early voids its as bad if not worse than if you catch them with banshees.

I sniped a z's natural once with 3 voids right before his hydras were out. Only had 2 queens.

Btw I'm maining toss now, at least in the near future. Hit a brick wall as terran and want to see if playing another race helps out

rhan

Smash Hero
I believe playing multiple races is such a bad idea..

Also I need Toss practice anyway. I don't know how to deal with them when they have Collossi. I even did mauds/Tanks/vik and still get **** on..

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hahaha, oh man, I need to try that, but since I'm near the top of bronze now, it probably wouldn't work. :(

I'll be playing some matches soon, and I'll post my code after I switch to Windows and start up SC2.
Pretty sure it would work up to plat if your really good, and not Zerg.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm interviewing Idra soon. I have my own list of questions, but if you guys have any feel free to write them here and if they're good I might add them in.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm confident in my ability to single-unit-victory with Zerg in Bronze.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm confident in my ability to single-unit-victory with Zerg in Bronze.
Early Zergling rush vs noscout, or mass Mutas / Hydras if they're not rushing?

Would that also mean no Queen? Or if you made a queen, would you have to mass them?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
200/200 of Hydralisks. I might need Queens just so I don't have to make like a dozen Hatcheries.

Might also have an easier time with Roaches instead, so I don't get outright ***** rushing to mass tier 2 lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
200/200 of Hydralisks. I might need Queens just so I don't have to make like a dozen Hatcheries.

Might also have an easier time with Roaches instead, so I don't get outright ***** rushing to mass tier 2 lol.
If you go Roaches and they mass air you're ****ed, though.

Then again, given that it's Bronze...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, pretty much the second part. I'd probably win any sort of base race, or kill their base faster than they can hold off the attack, against "mass air."

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, pretty much the second part. I'd probably win any sort of base race, or kill their base faster than they can hold off the attack, against "mass air."
The other concern is that if they're Terran they might lift off.

Top Bottom