• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
ugh I wouldnt mind giving advice on replays IF they implemented a replay trader thing....

stupid bnet

Overswarm

is laughing at you
won my match 2-0 vs. screamer

won on metalopolis
won on scrap station

will post replays later

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Whoever doesn't post in this thread to at least let us (player and/or myself) know what's going on by the deadline forfeits.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im going to dinner with my family soon, it will probably be a bit later than that for me. IF your on for a couple hours you should see me get on though.

Also I just haven't been playing as much recently, mainly because I got 3 tourneys coming up in a month span, so Ive focusing on smash. Also Gamestop Christmas run :troll:

Twig

Smash Journeyman
ether beat me 2-1

fun set, he's a cool dude, i'm pumped for next season
After Lovage quoted this again, (I didn't realize the first time) it's a double elimination tournament man, you aren't out yet =).

Also, I PMed Signia and messaged him, and he randomly said "Uhh.... DQ me", and I messaged him back seeing if he was sure and haven't gotten a response, so if I don't hear from him between now and the 8th... I guess I get a free win =(. (Would be nice if you could confirm this Signia ^_^).

Nashun

Smash Ace
My 14 loss streak is over! I won a z v z match.

... I'll upload the replay of my next inevitable defeat later.
Alright, I watched the replay of our match and I'll post this here since you're in a game and I think it would help a lot of the newer players.

Following the 4 steps I posted earlier would have helped you tremendously in this game. For reference, here they are:

How to get to Diamond in 4 easy steps:

1. Constantly produce workers. When you think you have too much, you're wrong. Make sure that nexus is producing something at least 90% of the time. You don't want any downtime on it.

2. Spend your money. It doesn't really matter on what you spend it on until you're Diamond. TBPH a lot of lower-level diamond players have horrible macro and they're getting by. This is the most important point. SPEND YOUR MONEY. Don't pay attention to ANYTHING else until all of your production facilities are producing and you're below ~400 minerals/gas.

3. Wait for him to attack you. When he fails (which he will because you've been making more dudes than him), expand.

4. Wait for him to attack you again. When he fails, go kill him.
Hopefully you saved our 2nd replay on Jungle Basin, because I'm going to use that as a reference.

I crossed out steps 3 and 4 because they don't apply in this replay; you had trouble following steps 1 and 2!

You were supply blocked at multiple points in the game. This led to you being unable to produce probes for quite some time, and that put you behind in worker count incredibly early. Income advantages increase exponentially in this game, so keeping up on economy is incredibly important. At around maybe 40-50 supply, your minerals went over 500-600 on one base, and I stopped watching the replay there.

I'm going to reiterate the importance of steps 1 and 2. Do NOT stop producing workers, and DO spend your income. It is more important than anything you can ever do in this game if you really do want to improve. It's the stepping stone to being anything above mediocre diamond. Work on keeping those minerals/gas below 400, work on constantly building workers, and work on keeping up with supply so that you don't get unnecessarily blocked.

Again, I'm going to guarantee you that if you follow those 4 steps you will be MUCH more successful in your league.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Nastynate beat heromystic 2-1

ggs

and werekill think of it like a checklist. If you ever look up and see too many minerals an alarm should go off in your head, saying "I need to spend this asap". If its cause you saved up for something make sure your units can stop a push first, and time it as smoothly as possible (like pushing out a fast colossi). But if your getting 600+ minerals on 1 base u should focus on your build orders much more

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Rhan, when can you play? I prefer evenings if possible.

Can you play tonight (now) ?

I'll be on SC2, just log on if you can play.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
and werekill think of it like a checklist. If you ever look up and see too many minerals an alarm should go off in your head, saying "I need to spend this asap". If its cause you saved up for something make sure your units can stop a push first, and time it as smoothly as possible (like pushing out a fast colossi). But if your getting 600+ minerals on 1 base u should focus on your build orders much more
I just want to clear one thing up about "spending minerals". Queuing units up in a building does not constitute actually spending minerals. At most early game you should have AT MOST 2 units queued up (one producing, one waiting to be), ideally only one. So if you break 600+ minerals early game, don't queue up 5 zealots in a gateway because thats literally 400 minerals sitting there doing nothing, WAITING to be used, instead, throw down some extra gateways, a nexus, or some tech structure (or a pylon if you are close to supply block).

I feel this is a huge issue with newer players in not understanding that queuing units is actually a bad thing.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im so bad at sc2 now. I blame brawl and the 3 tourneys I have this month :3

Why the hell am I playing more brawl than sc2 anyway?!?!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
There are situations where you want to pool your larva though. You shouldn't be queuing up in those ;)...

Rhan, what time?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Rofl, too bad larvae use is like 10x harder of a concept that I wish I was better at >_<.

M@v - No johns.
I am not scared: all larvae on drones

I am scared: all larvae on stuff that will make you feel safe

I have a tech structure finishing in 40 seconds: save larvae to pop as many of the units your teching to as soon as the structure finishes

at least that's how I feel.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm interested to know how widely the point spread will be. Do we have a list of everyone's points? It'd be nice to get those down prior to the reset (coming soon) and compare it to the tournament results

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Fizzi beat Rhan 2-1.

Metalopolis - Fizzi
Lost Temple - Rhan
Blistering Sands - Fizzi

Is there anywhere we can upload the replays?

ggs Rhan, was fun :)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thanks for the tips. I listened to what you said, and in my next Protoss game, I won!

I'm also winning my Zerg games more, but I think that's related to my focus on the early build order and getting the timing down.

However, I have no idea what to do after my first couple 'ling attacks. Should I start building roaches, get a lair and go straight to hydras, or go to something else? I'm usually completely clueless during the mid to end game.

Oh, and I knew about the "no queuing" bit. Luckily, I picked that up during the short time that I played Brood War. Thanks anyway, though.

Top Bottom