• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zerg vs Zerg is a tricky tricky matchup. Roaches are great, from what I've seen. So are Mutalisks. Hydralisks are somewhat fragile, so you'll probably still want to support them with Roaches if you go down that tech path.

If you want any Terran practice though, add me sometime.
aisight.334

rhan

Smash Hero
That's why I ask if you were going to upload them lol.

GG's bro. We should practice together more.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Zerg vs Zerg is a tricky tricky matchup. Roaches are great, from what I've seen. So are Mutalisks. Hydralisks are somewhat fragile, so you'll probably still want to support them with Roaches if you go down that tech path.

If you want any Terran practice though, add me sometime.
aisight.334
Thanks for the info. I'll add you later today, lol.

So anyway, I won 2 games out of 3 yesterday! The first game was Zerg vs Protoss, and my lings took out the pylon next to his gateway before he got more than on Zealot out. He ragequitted. :3

The second round was P v P. I mostly defended at the beginning and took out his units that he attacked me with, and after I finally attacked and took out a bunch of his units. After using an observer to see that he only had a bunch of Zealots at his base (scouting rocks!), I sent in a bunch of Stalkers and immortals to kill him. His Zealots might have killed me, but my old Command and Conquer instincts kicked in. I focus fired on his zealots, and I easily took them out.

From that point, it was a piece of cake to get rid of the pylons that were powering his gateways. If that last attack hadn't worked, I was already making some Dark Templars since he obviously didn't have any detectors.

Yes, I'm going to stop describing my matches so much after I start winning more. At this point, each win just feels absolutely amazing, haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"I sent in a bunch of Stalkers"
"His Zealots might have killed me"

Comedy.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
He had like 10 Zealots, but yeah, looking back, I don't see how I could have lost. XD

Besides, I could have easily warped in more Stalkers/built more immortals if that didn't work.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He had like 10 Zealots, but yeah, looking back, I don't see how I could have lost. XD

Besides, I could have easily warped in more Stalkers/built more immortals if that didn't work.
Sorry, it's just funny looking back at how things worked without micro, but Stalkers are ranged and move faster than Zealots, so as long as there's room to maneuver they should be able to infinitely kite Zealots and take zero damage while killing them.

By the way, don't make Immortals to deal with Zealots. That's not a good use of money.

@Overswarm: http://i52.tinypic.com/28jxw94.gif

Also, Kira, are you around?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, microing was fun against him. :3

And the immortals weren't for his Zealots. They were for the huge wall of gateways, etc that blocked his ramp. He had stupidly put his pylons a bit too close together, so I took them out quickly with the immortals to keep his gateways from producing anything else.

Edit: and what do you mean by kite?

Sion

Island of Horizon
since stalkers are ranged and have a slow attack time, you can move back and attack to maximize damage done and minimize loss against melee units and some other units.

like dragoon dancing in bw

edit: got ninja'd

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ok, cool! I'll try to work on doing that a bit.

Oh, and I figured out why I can't add any email friends. Parental controls are enabled since I'm under 18, and I have to get a parent to turn RealID on.

...Unless, of course, my "parental email" is just one of my alt. email accounts. :awesome:

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Werekill and anybody else wanting to learn the game

www.gomtv.net

Every question you asked is answered in those vids, though you may have to watch more than one

ZvZ relies entirely on roaches and infestors, unless you can surprise them with mutas/early banes or do a nice hydra timing or something. If your a beginner focus on getting up a roach warren early. My ZvZ opener is always 12pool, 11 ovie, 2 drones, then when it pops make 6 lings and send them, as well as a spine crawler or 2. Im random so this is better for me but itll probably still own everyone you play

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Werekill and anybody else wanting to learn the game

www.gomtv.net

Every question you asked is answered in those vids, though you may have to watch more than one

ZvZ relies entirely on roaches and infestors, unless you can surprise them with mutas/early banes or do a nice hydra timing or something. If your a beginner focus on getting up a roach warren early. My ZvZ opener is always 12pool, 11 ovie, 2 drones, then when it pops make 6 lings and send them, as well as a spine crawler or 2. Im random so this is better for me but itll probably still own everyone you play
This..... isn't true. >_>

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
bah i haven't been home in over a week so i haven't been around SC/a computer ankoku do i have another match yet? gotta go again now so i don't have time to read :(

Edit: this is Kenrawr

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I hate when people are overly literal about the most obvious things

Next your gonna tell me PvP doesnt revolve around collosi timings

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll probably join the next tournament, i still have a ton to learn but i can least hold my own vs the diamond players im playing on ladder so I'm hoping i wont just lose right away lol.

Roman.

Smash Champion
so the guy i'm supposed to play was on and i msged him and a few minutes later he logged off without responding

i'll be on tomorrow night so i hope you get on like 8pm - 1am est

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nah, filling out paperwork for potential job. Didn't even bother looking for a ride or anything.

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
so the guy i'm supposed to play was on and i msged him and a few minutes later he logged off without responding

i'll be on tomorrow night so i hope you get on like 8pm - 1am est
Yo I'll be on tomorrow sometime between 8pm-1am

Sorry I'm "online" a lot but a lot of times afk or have the window minimized

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Still no word from Signia after he PMed me "uhhh... DQ me", despite me rather playing him =(. I guess he will get dq'ed unless he asks for an extension by.... tomorrow, cause I can't play tomorrow =(.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, theoretically, that's how it should've gone. I'll be calling forfeits based on seed position if both people aren't around by the end of tomorrow.

If you enter the tourney please plan on playing games :V
Seriously, I gave something like a two week timespan for this first round and there's still a bunch of matches unplayed.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, I think I'm gonna drop this tournament cause like, stuff and johns and not playing. Sorry Scabe, I let you off easy this time. Next time there will be no such generosity. or johns from me.

Sensei Hanzo

Smash Cadet
Oh **** uh I totally forgot this tournament existed. You up for playing tomorrow (which is really later today (Sunday)) sometime?

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Well, theoretically, that's how it should've gone. I'll be calling forfeits based on seed position if both people aren't around by the end of tomorrow.

If you enter the tourney please plan on playing games :V
Seriously, I gave something like a two week timespan for this first round and there's still a bunch of matches unplayed.
I don't think my opponent Squidster plans to play our match at all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
btw, Hanzo is in EST and Arrow is in Cali, so 7-8 translates to 4-5. Just a quick reminder.

Top Bottom