• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standard Rules DPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
isn't attacks like sand attack or mud slap banned? iv always been confused on exactly which accuracy things are allowed and which are banned. also shouldnt the banned list have garchomp on it? or are these like official swf rules. we should have a swf shoddy server with whatever rules we choose, might be an interesting project.

WouW

Smash Lord
isn't attacks like sand attack or mud slap banned? iv always been confused on exactly which accuracy things are allowed and which are banned.
Simply put:
Moves that increase the user's evasion (Double Team, Minimize) are banned.
Moves that decrease the opponent's accuracy (Sand Attack, Mud-Slap) are not banned.

ss118

Smash Master
I think he means that you can't compare Double Team and Sand-Attack because of the pokemon that it affects. For example, Double Team can be used on any pokemon, can't be worked around usually, and it influences the pokemon using it, meaning if it causes the opponent to miss it just does it again to increase that chance.

Using Sand-Attack forces the opponents hand into taking into account the rewards/risks scenario. Sure, the player using Sand-Attack is trying to force luck, but at least the opponent can do something about it, say, switch.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
elaborate so that I can respond to this.
First page?:
Garchomp was the first on that list. The community voted and Garchomp was deemed uber. So why do we need to wait for platinum to "settle" before you adopt the standard rules? If I asked which pokemon could not be used in a UU battle what would you say? Where would you look for a tier list? And yet you don't want to put Garchomp in ubers because...? Your bias is clearly showing.
On that note, according to Smogon, Garchomp is uber so... Unless somebody else on Smashboards is against a Garchomp ban...

ss118

Smash Master
I'm against a Garchomp ban, as probably are a lot of people. However, unless we open up our own server what we really want doesn't matter.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Then my point was purely moot. Anyone around here good with haxing and all that good techy computer stuff? Maybe then "we" (as in not me) could set up "our" (as in not me) own server.

D

Deleted member

last I checked Smogon has Quick Claw and Bright Powder banned too.

Smashboards!=Smogon

ss118

Smash Master
smogon doesn't have either banned. I'm waiting for the day I can use Curse Quick Claw Snorlax on shoddy.

their stance is that "if the opponent wants to take their chances instead of a guaranteed attack boost/ steady recovery, let them"

D

Deleted member

banning them might as well be their answer so long as they don't have them as options for shoddy.

heytallman

CTALL
On gamebattles, the only banned items are Brightpowder and Lax Incense.

Items like quick claw, king's rock, and other so called "hax" items can be annoying, but I definitely wouldn't say they're game-breaking. Granted, I'd prefer not to play with them, but there are definite downsides to all of them.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I cant believe it!
i just lost my DS with pokemon diamond.
i had a great team and now its all gone.
*sob*

UncleSam

Smash Master
No item clause, question mark
I do not know what this is, wait is it you can't use two of the same item, question mark

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My real life name and the fact that I like the letter W. Used it before World of Warcraft even existed.
Oooo...I like that then. I also am not too fond of WoW, so that's quite nice for me to hear as a replacement. XD

Now someone should come in and put us back on-topic with a question. <.<

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Then my point was purely moot. Anyone around here good with haxing and all that good techy computer stuff? Maybe then "we" (as in not me) could set up "our" (as in not me) own server.
Quoting this suggestion for the sake of the fact that it's a good idea and should be done (if anyone knows how, that is).

Seriously, I probably wouldn't play on Smogon server very often if we had our own. I prefer the idea of playing against people that I post with on a general day-to-day basis as compared to all those random players on Smogon that I'll probably never meet or talk to again. Plus, it would probably make running tournaments on here a lot easier too, considering the fact that it'd mainly just be us using the server in the first place. :)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Quoting this suggestion for the sake of the fact that it's a good idea and should be done (if anyone knows how, that is).

Seriously, I probably wouldn't play on Smogon server very often if we had our own. I prefer the idea of playing against people that I post with on a general day-to-day basis as compared to all those random players on Smogon that I'll probably never meet or talk to again. Plus, it would probably make running tournaments on here a lot easier too, considering the fact that it'd mainly just be us using the server in the first place. :)
It should be done, who should make it?

c3gill

Smash Ace
Seriously, I probably wouldn't play on Smogon server very often if we had our own. I prefer the idea of playing against people that I post with on a general day-to-day basis as compared to all those random players on Smogon that I'll probably never meet or talk to again.
..... go join Smogon?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
..... go join Smogon?
I hate the atmosphere in the Smogon forums. It's some sort of mix of executive professionalism and just pure stuck-up evil. When gazing into their areas, I feel little humor...and it scares me. <_< That is more than enough to make me not want to join. I did consider joining for tournaments though, but even that has been thwarted as of right now, as there are no tournaments up that I can join without being a reserve. Plus, I usually prefer sticking to one forum at a time...it's a sort of multitasking problem I tend to have. :\

drcossack

Smash Ace
..... go join Smogon?
I hate the atmosphere in the Smogon forums. It's some sort of mix of executive professionalism and just pure stuck-up evil. When gazing into their areas, I feel little humor...and it scares me. <_< That is more than enough to make me not want to join. I did consider joining for tournaments though, but even that has been thwarted as of right now, as there are no tournaments up that I can join without being a reserve. Plus, I usually prefer sticking to one forum at a time...it's a sort of multitasking problem I tend to have. :\
I have to agree with c3. I've played a few people from here - c3gill (yesterday), Orly, once or twice against Pink Reaper, and might've had a match or two against ss118.

As far as Smogon itself, there's both good and bad players on the server.

heytallman

CTALL
Generally, people on the Smogon server are mediocre at best. They use what Smogon says is the best, and don't really put all that much thought into their team. I've played several teams with just random OU OU pokes on there (because there's a big difference between normal OU and the overused OU), and ***** them hard, simply because they just think if they have good Pokemon on their team, they will win.

I haven't been on shoddy in about a month lol, maybe things are a bit different now. Do they still have that anti-hax clause?

Scope

Smash Rookie
I would leave Garchomp unbanned, however, ban Yache Berry. Without Yache Berry, Garchomp is much more easy to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom