• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
I tend to run the Trick Set of Lugia and I think that would screw Snorlax over. :) Although I agree that a standard Snorlax will probably beat a standard lugia, I try to run novelty sets (Trick + Choice Specs is always good for other Ubers). Reflect is always good to soften the blow along with toxic if isn't running a Sleep Talker set. Recover/Roost stalls Snorlax and can let toxic do its work. Taunt could also work although it isn't a really good move for Lugia.
You'd have to pray that Snorlax desires to set up on Lugia and doesn't feel like outright destroying it with it's attacks. And with Immunity (it doesn't require Thick Fat for Ice-Beam to do horribly low amounts of damage), you'd lose your Toxic advantage, not to mention that on the offensive Snorlax sets, even with a Reflect against him, and witout Thick fat, he is indeed capable of damaging Lugia more than Lugia can damage Snorlax.

Lugia would have to use Choice Specs Ice Beam to win, and even then, Snorlax can still do more, especially since you can't have both Reflect up and still hit with a Choiced Ice Beam. And Snorlax droping your defense over time, along with Paralysing you with Body Slam and Earthquaking you once you've Roosted means that you won't be easily stalling him (the chance of Freezing Snorlax is half as much as the chance of Lugia's defense droping). And hello Choice Banding Snorlax, who can beat all 3 sets, doing a Minimum of 50% to Lugia without defense drops.

Lugia would require Whirlwind to get rid of Snorlax, and hope to God (Arceus?) that Snorlax doesn't appear again. Basically, Lugia's only option is to run. Lugia doesn't beat Snorlax over long periods of time. Snorlax wins, easy.

Snorlax will win and he has my vote.

Also, I heard the release date for the new super smash is 22-12-2012.
Where did you hear about the new game, let alone the date for it? I find the 22-12-20-12 a little bit weird.. just a random date plucked out of the air... any websites showing the game's content like Smashbros.com did? Or anything like that? Because I honesly do not believe it until I see it. But if it is true... FRIGGING AWESOMESAUCE!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Where did you hear about the new game, let alone the date for it? I find the 22-12-20-12 a little bit weird.. just a random date plucked out of the air... any websites showing the game's content like Smashbros.com did? Or anything like that? Because I honesly do not believe it until I see it. But if it is true... FRIGGING AWESOMESAUCE!
I'm guessing you don't know what happens December 22, 2012 or are you just joking.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm guessing you don't know what happens December 22, 2012 or are you just joking.
Oh great, if people believe on that day or that idea in general of the idea that it might happen shouldn't even be thinking right now. -_-;

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I feel so stupid. I just realised that people some how believe that the world is suppost to "end" that day. I have 2 questions for said people.

1) Will we all instantly die out that day, or is it suppost o just be the collapse of modern civilization?

And 2) From what source i this ranomd dat just thrown up? No one is still really even certai about today's date. Did C.E. begin at 0? 1? Very few people actually have actually concrete proof at when the turn of the century even started. For all we really know, we could have already passed the year 2012.

I honestly pushed aside all of the random end of the world rumors because to me, they are stupid. When some Super Natural Being (to me, God) comes to this world from where he/she was relaxing, and decimates it instantly and completely, I'll believe it. But random dates that we aren't even sure about, about an event that isn't even well described.... yeah, having huge trouble believing this.

But sory for getting off topic. ROY! UPDATE THIS THREAD! SNORLAX WENT KUNGFU ON LUGIA AND ENDED IT! I think we should move on to either Assist Trophies or Final Smahes after Snorlax is crowned champion.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Anything that beats out Latiass and Latiarse (The two most annoying pokemon in the game) deserves to win this.

Go Luiga!

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Taking 66% of the votes, the champion is...

Post of the Day: Da-D-Mon-109

Thanks to everyone who participated! It was a very enjoyable experience for myself and few of you I'm sure, and thanks to Bulbapedia for being awesome and having Pokemon sprites.

On to other business, next tournament, I have a few in mind;

Assist Trophies
Final Smashes
Best and Worst Music 2009
SWF Mods

I'll take the next day or so for everyone to discuss. Thanks again!

POKE40

Smash Lord
I feel so stupid. I just realised that people some how believe that the world is suppost to "end" that day. I have 2 questions for said people.

1) Will we all instantly die out that day, or is it suppost o just be the collapse of modern civilization?

And 2) From what source i this ranomd dat just thrown up? No one is still really even certai about today's date. Did C.E. begin at 0? 1? Very few people actually have actually concrete proof at when the turn of the century even started. For all we really know, we could have already passed the year 2012.

I honestly pushed aside all of the random end of the world rumors because to me, they are stupid. When some Super Natural Being (to me, God) comes to this world from where he/she was relaxing, and decimates it instantly and completely, I'll believe it. But random dates that we aren't even sure about, about an event that isn't even well described.... yeah, having huge trouble believing this.

But sory for getting off topic. ROY! UPDATE THIS THREAD! SNORLAX WENT KUNGFU ON LUGIA AND ENDED IT! I think we should move on to either Assist Trophies or Final Smahes after Snorlax is crowned champion.

It is some Aztec Calendar pointing the rises and fall of civilization.
It says that Dec. 22, 2012 the Calendar just fell to down (where all the bad stuff is)

Scientists say that the magnetic field of the world will be flipped.
So the south pole will become the north pole.

But just ignore it.
The next day we'll have a good laugh.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It is some Aztec Calendar pointing the rises and fall of civilization.
It says that Dec. 22, 2012 the Calendar just fell to down (where all the bad stuff is)

Scientists say that the magnetic field of the world will be flipped.
So the south pole will become the north pole.

But just ignore it.
The next day we'll have a good laugh.

Assist trophiessss.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I do wonder ifTingle will outright floor the rest of the Assist Trophies.

But still, Assist Trophies are a good idea. But next, we MUST do Final Smashes. I think after that, we need to talk about stages, as well as Sub Space Enemies (Bosses included).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I really think we should do Assist Trophies and then Final Smashes..

And I'd rather us NEVER do Moderators of the Smash World Forums. They'll see this tread, laugh a little bit, then come from the depths of the Netherworld to attack us in our quaint little home, after they see us joke about them. Chaos, Rapage, Carnage, Death, and an eventual thread lock will await us.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I really think we should do Assist Trophies and then Final Smashes..

And I'd rather us NEVER do Moderators of the Smash World Forums. They'll see this tread, laugh a little bit, then come from the depths of the Netherworld to attack us in our quaint little home, after they see us joke about them. Chaos, Rapage, Carnage, Death, and an eventual thread lock will await us.

Don't forget about potential infractions and super bans
:laugh:

roy_owns

Smash Lord
And getting this thread closed since SWF Mods ≠ Smash Bros.

They could easily move this thread to "Forum Games" if they wanted to, which doesn't have to do with Smash Bros. and if this thread gets locked, your trusty neighborhood Roy will come back with a new thread, and a new tournament.

But for the time being, Assist Trophies!

Today will be Excitebikes Vs. Kat & Ana

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Kat & Ana is basically the best character design in Warioware. Also who doesn't like ninja's? Kat & Ana as my vote. ♥

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Kat & Ana..

Edit: Oh lol. I just realised that their names form "Katana" >_< *facepalm*

Tacel

Smash Lord
Kat & Ana.
They can attack people in the air (Right?). *Has items off at all times*

Top Bottom