• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

NukeA6

Smash Master
..... ok...... so does EVERYONE hate 3d sonic games??

the number of u picking 7 rings as the worst makes me wonder if I set something off by picking that as best... I knew I should've picked open ur heart lol
Sonic Adventures was good. And I like how Sonic has improved his appearance since the old days. But you got to admit that the songs picked from 3D games just plain sucks.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
We're seemingly on the same page.
(quoted myself FTW)
It appears so. Good stuff.

You ever think maybe the music actually sucks?
Of course. Some people legitimately don't like some of the newer songs. That goes without saying.

What I'm specifically referring to is the people who said things like:

Worst: Any of the new ones. I don't get how anyone could like the new ones.

I've seen multiple posts that have that basic sentiment. There's some clear bias there. All the new ones do have a sort of rock mentality to them, but they're still so different that I have some difficulty believing one could just hate ALL of them. I just find it incredibly unlikely that such statements aren't partially fueled by the notion that it's cool to hate on anything related to the new gen games.

EDIT:

Case in point...
Worst: His World I hate Sonic 360

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I feel like far too many of you are total 2D whores. It's actually bothering me.

I realize the 3D games aren't as legendary as the 2D ones (basically, the Adventure games were decent and everything else is embarrassing), but you guys shouldn't be holding that against the songs. "Seven Rings In Hand" starts off pretty nicely, but then kind of drifts into humdrum-ville. I understand why people don't like it as a whole. But claiming to like it even less than songs like "Right There, Ride On"? I find that so hard to believe.

Seriously, now. I won't call out anyone in particular, but those of you who are shunning the new generation songs out of bias know who you are. And you're not cool.
I don't no if it's a ok for me to say this but I also agree with you.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sorry to go into an off-topic tangent, but as this topic is the only one currently about music:

I just found this today, looking for stuff on the new Banjo and Kazooie title.

I swear to god, I almost cried hearing this... No song in Brawl, (Except for Bramble Blast) comes close to this song in terms of nostalgia..

And...it was remixed so well... *sob*

**** you rare! Making me support Microsoft by wanting your game!

Anyway, here the link

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/audio/gold-jinjo-bk-orchestra_rusty-bucket-bay-reloaded.mp3

Again, apologies for being so off topic, I just felt the need to post this so that anyone who hasnt heard it can sit back and remember.....even though it was a horribly frustrating level...

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to go into an off-topic tangent, but as this topic is the only one currently about music:

I just found this today, looking for stuff on the new Banjo and Kazooie title.

I swear to god, I almost cried hearing this... No song in Brawl, (Except for Bramble Blast) comes close to this song in terms of nostalgia..

And...it was remixed so well... *sob*

**** you rare! Making me support Microsoft by wanting your game!

Anyway, here the link

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/audio/gold-jinjo-bk-orchestra_rusty-bucket-bay-reloaded.mp3

Again, apologies for being so off topic, I just felt the need to post this so that anyone who hasnt heard it can sit back and remember.....even though it was a horribly frustrating level...
Holy shiz.

But I like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQfnj33-QU

This is for the win.

Actually Banjo-threeie is going to suck.

Seriously the original people of Rare are gone.

There is nothing left of em.

D

Deleted member

Wow, and this Banjo talk all started by a screenshot I posted on Funny Brawl Pics.

Who woulda thought?:ohwell:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow, and this Banjo talk all started by a screenshot I posted on Funny Brawl Pics.

Who woulda thought?:ohwell:
Lol yeah, that's actually what got me looking, lol.

@ darkknight, no, actually, most of the original banjo staff is still there.

I expect a good game. I'll still buy it and beat it anyway if it by some strange occurance does suck.

D00D64

Smash Cadet
Best: Sonic Boom
One of the best Sonic vocal songs. WUV
Worst: Angel Island
It keeps reminding me that they didn't remix Green Hill Zone.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Yes! This was exactly what I was hoping for today. An educated debate about the 3d and 2d Sonic games. But now that the day is over, please cease to debate about it (at least in here). But anyway the results!

Best... SONIC BOOM
Worst... SEVEN RINGS IN HAND

Today will be Smashville. See first post for details.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Best: The Roost (to anyone who might be creepily keeping tabs on what I vote for, this shouldn't be too surprising.)
Worst: Tom Nook's Store (I don't hate it. I just like it the least.)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Best: The Roost, brawling with this music is awesome, it calms me down.
Worst: Nook's Store

(How come a retro Sonic song didn't win, ffs)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Of course. Some people legitimately don't like some of the newer songs. That goes without saying.
Good to hear. I hate the new ones because I think that the vocalists don't display skill up to par with the classic melodies, so I compare the two, and find the catchy tunes infinitely better than whiny boys trying to sound cool because they got in a Sonic game ("That's cool, right? Right guys?").

When I'm fighting, I want music, not philosophies someone wrote for a fictional hedgehog, screamed not so beautifully by a human.

No opinion on Smashville, I forget song names.

Top Bottom