• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

Patinator

Smash Champion
If any of the vocal Sonic tracks make top... I'll kill myself...

BEST: Angel Island Zone.

Worst: ...The rest except Scrap Brain Zone. But I'll narrow it to Seven Rings in Hand I guess.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Yes.

We also hate cheesy music.
well at this point, 7 rings probably lost. not surprising, seeing some results for other stages that are just 'wtf?'
also, I have to wonder how many ppl actually listened to the newer songs for more than 10 seconds before coming to the 'it sucks' conclusion. Because I didn't like 7 rings at first ~ I only liked it after I listened to the whole thing a couple of times. I also wonder how even the guys who hate all the new games can think 7 rings is worse then rt, on or sonic racing :rolleyes:

I have to ask the same question about the belief about the 3D sonic games being bad. Have the ppl who are crucifying them even played them? The ones I've played didn't seem as terrible as a lot of u guys are claiming. I might be completely off though, since I've only played sonic adventure & heroes out of all the 3D games, so don't take what Im saying seriously or anything lol

Narshen

Smash Rookie
Best: Green Hill Zone(Hated it at first...but it grew on me)
Worst: Seven Rings in Hand

To be perfectly honest, Green Hill Zone and maybe Sonic Boom are the only songs I cared for on this course. I didn't really put much thought into the "worst" category. :/

half_silver28

Smash Ace
thats mostly what I thought. Shadow used guns in STH. That equals fail in the sonic world. sonic 06... well silver looks like one of the dumbest chars in the entire series.

so I get where the idea comes from ~ its the beliefs about some of the music that puzzle me :confused:

alright, 7 rings lost, its done. & Im done ranting. Im gonna buy secret rings & play it just for the hell of it, even though I hear the controls suck :ohwell:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Best: Sonic Boom, because I loved Sonic CD.
Worst: Right There, Ride on because every time I hear it it makes me want to bite my nose off.

Edds

Smash Ace
a hard one cause i both love sonic boom and angel island zone. but sonic boom does repeat itself after the 1st loop.

best: angel island zone
worst: scrap brain zone

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Best: Sonic Boom
Worst: 7 Rings

I just have too many memories of Sonic Boom from my childhood to say anything different.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Best: Angel Hill Zone

Worst: Um... let me think about this.
If I have to choose, Seven rings in hand.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Best:Live&Learn(slighty beats Angel Island)
You read my mind.

Best: Live&Learn
Worst: Right there, right now. Freaking horrible.

Worst was a hard decision. Vocals of most of the song are horrible, it could have been 7Rings or Sonic Racing...

AlexX

Smash Ace
Best: Seven Rings In Hand
Worst: Right Here, Right Now

Despite playing the original games, I like a lot of the ones with lyrics... though not all of them. But I do think Seven Rings does deserve a little more than a lot of guys are giving it.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Oh, god, this is going to be my hardest day ever! I'm so in love with Sonic's music (I don't care what you guys say, I adore the vocals. What's wrong with Crush 40?)

Best: Open Your Heart (favorite song ever!!)

Live and Learn
Angel Island Zone
His World
Sonic Boom
Emerald Hill Zone
Seven Rings in Hand
Super Sonic Racing
Green Hill Zone
Sonic Heroes (What I'm Made Of would have been better)
Right There, Ride On (I know this is low on my list and all, but what's everyone's problem with it? Sonic Rush had an orgasmic soundtrack. RT,RO might not be the best song in it (Back 2 Back, Jeh Jeh Rocket, Wrapped in Black), but it's still pretty freakin' good!

Worst: Scrap Brain Zone (this is ironic 'cause this plays on my CD/Sticker factory)

Egallardo26

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone Hate 7 Rings in Hand so much?
if anything why not hate on "His World" for its reminder of such a crappy game which is a way worse game than Sonic R I 'm Surpised that no one hates that song

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Why does everyone Hate 7 Rings in Hand so much?
The opening is ok, past that, it doesn't get any better.
Once they get to the lyrics that I can actually understand, it doesn't sound smooth. It's as if he's just blurting out words in a very-little rythmic tone.
Then it gets to the part where he repeats 'Seven rings in hand' about 50,000 times.

Though I do not hate the song, I just prefer other songs above this. Probably because this song is quite repetative as well. (I voted for Right Here, Right On as the worst for repetative reasons)
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: roy_owns, for Smashville, will there be an option to vote on special event songs such as KK Cruisin' or KK Gumbo? Or is it the 5 stage songs? (thinking it's just the 5 regular songs)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Why the heck is noone voting His World (Instrumental) for best.... it is THE best!

And the worst.... I would have to say... anything ending in Zone. I just don't like how they aren't awesome.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I feel like far too many of you are total 2D whores. It's actually bothering me.

I realize the 3D games aren't as legendary as the 2D ones (basically, the Adventure games were decent and everything else is embarrassing), but you guys shouldn't be holding that against the songs. "Seven Rings In Hand" starts off pretty nicely, but then kind of drifts into humdrum-ville. I understand why people don't like it as a whole. But claiming to like it even less than songs like "Right There, Ride On"? I find that so hard to believe.

Seriously, now. I won't call out anyone in particular, but those of you who are shunning the new generation songs out of bias know who you are. And you're not cool.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I feel like far too many of you are total 2D whores. It's actually bothering me.

I realize the 3D games aren't as legendary as the 2D ones (basically, the Adventure games were decent and everything else is embarrassing), but you guys shouldn't be holding that against the songs. "Seven Rings In Hand" starts off pretty nicely, but then kind of drifts into humdrum-ville. I understand why people don't like it as a whole. But claiming to like it even less than songs like "Right There, Ride On"? I find that so hard to believe.

Seriously, now. I won't call out anyone in particular, but those of you who are shunning the new generation songs out of bias know who you are. And you're not cool.
The opening is ok, past that, it doesn't get any better.
Once they get to the lyrics that I can actually understand, it doesn't sound smooth. It's as if he's just blurting out words in a very-little rythmic tone.
Then it gets to the part where he repeats 'Seven rings in hand' about 50,000 times.

Though I do not hate the song, I just prefer other songs above this. Probably because this song is quite repetative as well. (I voted for Right Here, Right On as the worst for repetative reasons)
We're seemingly on the same page.
(quoted myself FTW)

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Even if the games were great I'd still hate the music.

And I just hate Seven Rings in Hand over RT, RO because the voice, to me, is even more annoying than the ones in RT, RO.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf

You ever think maybe the music actually sucks?

Top Bottom