• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stage ruleset?

Greward

Smash Lord
ok guys we only play in SV we all know it and i think we could change the stagelist because brinstar sucks

japanese guys play with this one (at least they used to before the earthquake):

Starters: SV BF FD
CPs: Lylat Yoshis PS1

its way better than the one we have now so why we dont change it?

it's not the correct forum to post it but if i post it in the correct one nobody will read it

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I dunno I proposed this way earlier but no one liked it.

And you posting in a trollish fashion isn't going to change a whole lot either :(

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why would you choose Delfino over Lylat, there is zero merit to Delfino being a better stage.

Anyway I really don't see the problem with playing on Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino or Frigate Orpheon. Taking away more stages than necessary just dulls the identity of smash for me.

Staco

Smash Champion
Stupid thread, lots of people take counterpicks actually, which are not in your list.

Greward

Smash Lord
those counterpicks are stupid and unbalanced, it just gives some chars a free win and when they dont the winner is sometimes decided by the stage and not by the player skills cause they all got bugs or stupid hazards
and we dont play there too much, just some random MK players =) jokes

Flayl

Smash Hero
The stages that are currently in the counterpick list decide the outcome of a set way WAY less than the characters.

If that's your logic we should be banning characters who can be used as pocket CPs for heavy advantages. Or ban bad characters.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Japan is too liberal.

Starter : SV
CP : BF
Hard CP : FD

Or we could just go 7/9 starters, no CP.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I guess we only use FD, BF, SV, PS1, Delfino & Fregate.

I nearly never see any other stages @tournaments in Germany.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yoshi's and Lylat are musts though imo. And banning Halberd and Siege because it's not used a lot is just silly.

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yoshi's and Lylat are musts though imo. And banning Halberd and Siege because it's not used a lot is just silly.

:059:
I just said what I see the most xD

I guess, I don't see any Halberd because it gets banned everytime vs. any Snake after the first match :D

YI, LC & CS probably are just not liked a lot (I can understand why, YI & LC are just stupid xD and nearly every character has 1 better stage than CS haha XD)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Banning stages because people don't pick/like them is stupid. And I'm fairly conservative about stages (I think Pictochat is horrible)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Banning stages because people don't pick/like them is stupid. And I'm fairly conservative about stages (I think Pictochat is horrible)
Sure. It would be somewhat stupid.
But I guess, the whole stage thing is subjective, so if really everyone would love and want Mario bros. in the list, it would as well just be stupid to take it away.
Same thing could be said the other way round.
And in the end, the tournament still is for the people, right ;)

But anyway, my list was just a parallel to the japan one, because we dont use YI & LC, but DP & FO instead.

Still, it would be stupid, and i guess, japanese would also prefer DP/FO over YI/LC, but they just don't allow them, because they think they are worse.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I disagree, but whatever.
Youuuu :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What would you like to change?

See it as the european unity ruleset, and with that in mind, it would be impossible to include brinstar or even more XD

Or I dunno, I don't know every european ruleset.

All I know is that France = 50% SV only, NL nearly the same, and Germany is like FD, BF, SV and MK CPs.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what I'd like to change. Go with whatever the community that travels the most feels is best.

We're already using our own stage list anyway.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter what I'd like to change. Go with whatever the community that travels the most feels is best.
Sure.

We're already using our own stage list anyway.
"We" = Portugal?

But I guess, you underestimate the advantages/importance of something like a unity ruleset.

Think of you travelling to France/Germany/whatever and beeing confronted with another ruleset. Would be pretty stupid right?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yes by "we" I meant Portugal. Being confronted with another ruleset is fine as long as there is information in advance.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Different rulesets tend to not matter all that much since pretty much every country has had, say, Brinstar legal throughout 08-09.

RC gay though.

And PS2.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
We probably should share all of our common rulesets, would be the best to start with i think.

So here we go.

Germany:

starter:
FD
BF
SV
YI
LC

CPs:
PS1
Castle
Delfino
Halberd
Fregate
[- PS2
- Brinstar
- RC] (<- It most often is 1 or 2 of them)

Sometimes PS1 instead of YI/LC, but in the past it mostly was LC/YI as starter 4 and 5.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I honestly do not think we should even bother trying to do this. If we are, it's gonna be a lot of perfectionism and discrepancy about pretty much everything. Some of us may have seen the unity ruleset discussion, that stuff is going nowhere. Not only because 90% of the people there are *******, but also because regardless of how capable we are of intelligent discussion, we really wouldn't end up with something everyone agrees with.

So long as there's no 100% consensus, countries will just stick to their own stagelists. We have no tools to enforce stagelists upon countries and even if we did, we wouldn't abuse them because that'd be ******** to do.

Germany apparently loves PS2 and to be fair, I have no aspiration to try and convince them of it being a real homo stage. Only Germany has it legal (perhaps Finland, but **** Finland) and that's fine. Let's not make things overly complicated.

I do want to specifically ask every country should at least consider removing FD from the neutral stage selection, I don't think anyone really agrees with its traditional spot as a insta-strike by now.

Top Bottom