• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

SuperColom64

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty new to melee hacking... But is it possible to link a stage in stage select to start up, for example, a target test stage?

EDIT: I read Aerros11's guide on replacing Rainbow Cruise with Roy's Target Test on page 4 at the time of this writing, but I have no idea on where to find ID's, or replace them, for other stages like Target Test ones. If anyone knows of a thread or page with a guide on this, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ive been updating the OP. Does anyone want the old versions of the stages around?

zankyou

Smash Lord
Z zankyou I'm just curious, have you started that other Peach's Castle hack that you talked about before?It looks super nice and it'd be cool to try it out.
Its been started but unfortunately Im running into the issue of stages loading on dolphin but not console. Same thing has happened with the metroid lab.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Its been started but unfortunately Im running into the issue of stages loading on dolphin but not console. Same thing has happened with the metroid lab.
Super sad face.
So how do you go about troubleshooting this problem? Importing structures in little chunks to figure out which one(s) is causing the problem?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Metroid lab runs on "my" mod on console btw.
(As does the camera panning code)

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Super sad face.
So how do you go about troubleshooting this problem? Importing structures in little chunks to figure out which one(s) is causing the problem?
Oh god no that would take forever. I just remove pointer table entries so the game doesnt even know the structure is there. its still takes forever the change the appropriate pointers but its feasible. As far as troubleshooting goes I try to guess the problem since the formula works most of the time. Like what is different about this metroid import than the last one and its usually because some structure has weird flags somewhere or a flag doesnt work in a particular object group because theres some random animation on the bone tree. Its just really annoying when something runs on dolphin but not console.
Metroid lab runs on "my" mod on console btw.
(As does the camera panning code)
Importing over battlefield never gives me any trouble. Its just a bad idea to do that for every stage. The last metroid should be over battlefield but its been a while.

I should add I kinda shifted my focus to the converter so everything doesnt take as long. I just wish I didnt write it in python.

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
So, will this converter be able to export to formats usable on PC? If so, can it be extended to get the fighters as well?

It's been way too long to be without an extraction tool for this game, and zankyou's seems to be the closest there is at the moment.

zankyou

Smash Lord
So, will this converter be able to export to formats usable on PC? If so, can it be extended to get the fighters as well?

It's been way too long to be without an extraction tool for this game, and zankyou's seems to be the closest there is at the moment.
No its just to convert the brawl model to melee model. If you want exporting tcll is the closet with umc.

Cerbious

Smash Rookie
XD "meleemeters"

Anyway, to be clear...especially for others with the same question as me:

To replace, say, Rainbow Cruise with Kalos League...
the instructions are:

0) Inject Kalos League over Roy's Break the Target Stage

1) Go to Start.dol

2) Seek Rainbow Cruise by going to:

Rainbow Cruise
3ED6F4
02010C0B

3) Replace 0B in this case (or just the entire Ranbow Cruise ID?) with [Roy's Break the Target stage ID]

Roy's Break the Targets Stage
XXXXXX
AABBCCDD

Hi im new here, can you please explain this to me again? Do I go to Start.dol through GCR? If so how do i get in and find rainbow cruise and edit the codes? thanks

SuperColom64

Smash Rookie
Hi im new here, can you please explain this to me again? Do I go to Start.dol through GCR? If so how do i get in and find rainbow cruise and edit the codes? thanks
It took me about a week to figure this out too, so I'll explain:

Download a Hex Editor like HxD (you can find the download here http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ).

Open the start.dol in HxD.

Here's where it gets tricky, the first thing you gotta do is find the stage ID of the stage you want to replaced in HxD.

For example, let's say I want to replace Venom with Roy's Target Test stage... I'd find the location for Venom's Stage Select ID in HxD, and replace it's actual stage ID with Roy's Target Test Stage ID.

Here's a list of the ID's of most stages: http://smashboards.com/attachments/sss-notes-4-txt.48676/

Venom's "Stage Select" ID is 3ED80C, so look for the row labeled 3ED800 in HxD (this might take you a while). You'll notice some numbers in that row that look like this "020D1216". The only numbers you need to worry about are the last two digits, 16, as that is the ACTUAL stage ID.

Now, you want to replace 16 with Roy's target test stage ID. This isn't included in the link I sent, but I managed to find the ID for this stage and a few others on my own (I'm not home rn but I'll send you what I've found ASAP). Roy's target test stage ID is 39, so your finished result should be 020D1239. After you've done that, save, and rebuild the ISO in GCR.

Now when you're back in Melee, picking Venom in stage select should take you to Roy's Target Test Stage.

Let me know if you have any problems. :)

EDIT: Here's are some of the other ID's (T meaning Target Test)

T Peach
?
______30

T GameWatch
?
______38

T Roy
?
______39

T Young Link
?
______17

T Bowser
?
______2A

T Ganon
?
______3A

T Young Link
?
______23

Last edited:

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
Not sure if I should ask this here. But if theres other threads on this, refer it to me please .-.

This might sound like a scrubby question but any news on character model imports to melee? Hell, is anyone doing custom PSAs for imported models?

Cerbious

Smash Rookie

Download a Hex Editor like HxD (you can find the download here http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ).

Here's where it gets tricky, the first thing you gotta do is find the stage ID of the stage you want to replaced in HxD.

For example, let's say I want to replace Venom with Roy's Target Test stage... I'd find the location for Venom's Stage Select ID in HxD, and replace it's actual stage ID with Roy's Target Test Stage ID.

Here's a list of the ID's of most stages: http://smashboards.com/attachments/sss-notes-4-txt.48676/

Venom's "Stage Select" ID is 3ED80C, so look for the row labeled 3ED800 in HxD (this might take you a while). You'll notice some numbers in that row that look like this "020D1216". The only numbers you need to worry about are the last two digits, 16, as that is the ACTUAL stage ID.

Now, you want to replace 16 with Roy's target test stage ID. This isn't included in the link I sent, but I managed to find the ID for this stage and a few others on my own (I'm not home rn but I'll send you what I've found ASAP). Roy's target test stage ID is 39, so your finished result should be 020D1239. After you've done that, save, and rebuild the ISO in GCR.

Now when you're back in Melee, picking Venom in stage select should take you to Roy's Target Test Stage.

T Peach
?
______30

T GameWatch
?
______38

T Roy
?
______39

T Young Link
?
______17

T Bowser
?
______2A

T Ganon
?
______3A

T Young Link
?
______23
ok i think i got everything but just to make sure can you tell me how to rebuild the iso part?

Cerbious

Smash Rookie

T Peach
?
______30

T GameWatch
?
______38

T Roy
?
______39

T Young Link
?
______17

T Bowser
?
______2A

T Ganon
?
______3A

T Young Link
?
______23
NVM i figured it out thanks so much tho your a life saver!

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
No its just to convert the brawl model to melee model. If you want exporting tcll is the closet with umc.
Well that sucks. I've lost faith in tcll actually releasing anything either, since he's been at it for about 3 years now, and is constantly scrapping everything and starting over.

If you won't/can't do Melee-to-PC, could you possibly implement Melee-to-Brawl, as it's simply the inverse of what you're doing now?

zankyou

Smash Lord
Well that sucks. I've lost faith in tcll actually releasing anything either, since he's been at it for about 3 years now, and is constantly scrapping everything and starting over.

If you won't/can't do Melee-to-PC, could you possibly implement Melee-to-Brawl, as it's simply the inverse of what you're doing now?
Itd be a lot more work. For melee Im just adding structures to the end, for brawl Id have to insert it into the file and Im not an expert on the brawl format. I just know enough to take data from it.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Itd be a lot more work. For melee Im just adding structures to the end, for brawl Id have to insert it into the file and Im not an expert on the brawl format. I just know enough to take data from it.
Oh... okay. Thanks anyway.

See, what I'm looking for is some way to get the fighter models from the game with their joints and weighting intact into a format usable on PC. I've found it frustrating that we have those tools for Brawl, and even Smash WiiU, but still not Melee.

You're right that tcll was the closest for a public tool, but that only exported to .obj, which discards all the weighting. But even that is better than what we had before, which is the 'wild guess' method of grabbing from 3D ripper or something with its proportions all screwed up and a T-pose code implemented.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Which program should I use to make my own Stages Hack?I want to try and attempt to put Smashville in Melee.I don't want that "Smashville" mod that is just what you consider a legal version of Fourside

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Which program should I use to make my own Stages Hack?I want to try and attempt to put Smashville in Melee.I don't want that "Smashville" mod that is just what you consider a legal version of Fourside
There is none.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Damn...the description of this video makes me sad. Ever since Zankyou introduced us to model hacking, I've been checking DSX8's YouTube constantly for updates hoping and dreaming one day we can import them to Melee.

Last edited:

CCS Kid

Smash Rookie
Damn...the description of this video makes me sad. Ever since Zankyou introduced us to model hacking, I've been checking DSX8's YouTube constantly for updates hoping and dreaming one day we can import them to Melee.

uploaded april 1st.... do I smell an april fools joke???

zankyou

Smash Lord
Speaking of that, I actually have been checking brawlvault stages everyday for the past 3 months.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Speaking of that, I actually have been checking brawlvault stages everyday for the past 3 months.
I used to do that as well, but stopped after I noticed the only new quality uploads were seemingly from DSX8 or Edwguard Flows..so I just go to their YouTube channels way too often now.

I hope things are going well with the converter.
uploaded april 1st.... do I smell an april fools joke???
DIDNT NOTICE THAT! Plz God.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Im running out of stages that dont have animations on them to use as a base.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Im getting tired of having this on my hard drive troubleshooting so until I i find an adequate base stage Ill give you guys this.
Dont worry, Ill find a stage other than BF to do this over. Worst case scenario I just do it over one of the target stages Ive already used.

Metroid Labs

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Top Bottom