• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It shouldnt be too difficult that add a flat background. Sometimes the background doesnt render for some reason but usually this isnt the case. I was just going to make a model over and use the training stage background in case theres lag but this is a better idea.
I really liked the Hyrule 64 imported background. Just a nice big flat image.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Lets call this a beta. I havent had an av cord for my wii in like a month so if someone could test this on console that would be great. There are a lot of things that need to be changed and Im going to import it to a different stage, but if you arent looking directly at both youd probably never notice. Let me know if it lags and ill see what I can do about it.
GrNBa

I really liked the Hyrule 64 imported background. Just a nice big flat image.
I was always bothered by the fact that when you turn the camera when the screen is paused you can see the edges. But I could put that background on any import.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@achilles did you ever make a post about how to change the color of the stage lighting? I cant find it anywhere.
Awesome. The only lighting I know of is located in the map_plit section. I don't have my notes about it right now, but I think map_plit is a table of pointers to lighting structs and the RGB light value is at 0x10 or 0xc of these structs. One of them refers to the general light on chars (and the stage?) and then another is the shadow color, and more I believe.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Thanks. Ill look into it. On another note I figured out how to fix the leaves. However it requires rearranging 20 or so objects in order respective to being in the fore front. Could probably do in an hour or so in brawl box but Im burnt out for now.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I know whispy looks naked without his nose, but his nose is so...
Do you guys think I should keep the nose or get rid of it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I know whispy looks naked without his nose, but his nose is so...
Do you guys think I should keep the nose or get rid of it.

Yes to the nose. I don't think it looks all that bad, and we can disable it after the fact if we change our minds. I feel like it's one of those things that looks a little weird at first, but will grow on you with time.

The leaves are looking good!

Last edited:

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I did that immediately after I had made that post. I also made them higher res but decided against it in the end.
btw, can you enable stages to "absorb" lighting? Vanilla stages don't recieve lighting, or well. They do in some weird fashion. They light up the stage, but don't provide shadows and stuff (you also can't use materials on them in Ishiiruka).

zankyou

Smash Lord
btw, can you enable stages to "absorb" lighting? Vanilla stages don't recieve lighting, or well. They do in some weird fashion. They light up the stage, but don't provide shadows and stuff (you also can't use materials on them in Ishiiruka).
Not really sure what you are talking about but stage lighting is largely a mystery. If you wanna look into it I can point you into the right direction.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Just made a mind blowing connection. Cant believe imports have been working so far. Wont have to use as many dirty tricks now.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can you give us the tldr??
Brawl uses degrees for rotations and melee uses radians. Ive been editing stuff in 3dsmax and playing the guess games to account for that before because I thought I broke the weights. If someone else was watching over my shoulder they probably would have noticed this a long time ago, but Im just glad I figured it out. Its so hard to find info on brawls format nowadays.
So instead of guessing where everything goes and getting

Now I can get

(adding in the fact that I understand more than I did a year ago.)

Still trying to figure out where these clouds are in the pac file though.

Edit: Im debating whether or not I should look into replacing randall. Thoughts?

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Brawl uses degrees for rotations and melee uses radians. Ive been editing stuff in 3dsmax and playing the guess games to account for that before because I thought I broke the weights. If someone else was watching over my shoulder they probably would have noticed this a long time ago, but Im just glad I figured it out. Its so hard to find info on brawls format nowadays.

Now I can get

Edit: Im debating whether or not I should look into replacing randall. Thoughts?
The other cloud definitely goes with the art style. I say replace him (sorry Randall:crying:).

Anutim

Smash Apprentice

Now I can get

Randall is sexy, but not sexy enough.

D

Deleted member 269706

Dude this stuff looks AMAZING. I can't freaking wait for the update!!

zankyou

Smash Lord
I cant fix the crystal colors so I tried making the crystals more crystalline. Which do you guys think is best. Im still playing with values.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
I cant fix the crystal colors so I tried making the crystals more crystalline. Which do you guys think is best. Im still playing with values.

This almost makes me like this stage. It looks amazing! Do you think you could send me the current model you're using for this? I wanna modify it to be a skin of YS.

zankyou

Smash Lord
That actually gives me an idea. btw do you know how to use brawl box

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Top one. But how in the world did you make them transparent? Did switching the bone structs around fix the issue? I haven't gotten around to trying that yet.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Top one. But how in the world did you make them transparent? Did switching the bone structs around fix the issue? I haven't gotten around to trying that yet.
I'm guessing it's done the same way @DRGN made his "Glass Cannon Falcon" skin?

zankyou

Smash Lord
No I added a structure during another import.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
the structure for blending. The unknown one pointed to by the texture structure

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
theres a glass cannon falcon skin?
Yessir,

Name: Melee's True Glass Cannon (Blue slot)
Made by: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xy8w1i17bfxuhgb/The_True_Glass_Cannon.zip
(Note that this cannot be converted using the CCC, because it uses specially edited structure flags.)

This method for transparency can be applied to individual model parts. I've added my documentation for this to the Advanced Costume Hacks thread.
Also i vote for #2. Not too bright, not too dim.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Just remembered that the brawl uses a separate texture called BrassSpe for specular lighting that Ive been deleting. Gives me a pretty easy way of knowing whats supposed to have and whats not.
Cant wait to see what kalos looks like with specular lighting.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can you guys tell me which background crystals you like more. After this Im going to finish the water and make a final version. The latter has better shading but the top has more variety in the colors.

Top Bottom