• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

zankyou

Smash Lord
Dude, if you could make a stage based off of Gaur Plain or any other Xenoblade Chronicles area, I'd be so happy (Implying you've played the game). :^)
Im not making stages, Im only importing them. If you want, you can take the gaur stage in brawl, and modify it so that its less intensive and I could import it.

DRGN

Technowizard
I really wish I had reserved the second post for WIPs. Anyways this goes over battlefield. The blastzones and spawn need to be changed, as well as it needs to be imported over a different stage, but Ill do that after I look into shading some more.
View attachment 76459
Temple 64!.png

(works with these new models. also, this program is almost ready for release!)

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
How are you finding the images in the files. Please tell me youre using the maphead. Also if it helps the images I made will now have pointers to them as root nodes.
Searching the relocation table for image data headers. For palette headers, I start from the image data offset itself, find respective image data headers, and then there are two different methods that are attempted to find the palette headers and data.

What do you mean by "will have pointers to them as root nodes"? You mean these structures don't have root nodes yet? Did you add everything here only to existing structures?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Searching the relocation table for image data headers. For palette headers, I start from the image data offset itself, find respective image data headers, and then there are two different methods that are attempted to find the palette headers and data.

What do you mean by "will have pointers to them as root nodes"? You mean these structures don't have root nodes yet? Did you add everything here only to existing structures?
Oh I see, finding pallets seems kinda hard though if theyre out of order. What I mean by the root nodes is that pointers to the images and pallet structures are in the section after the relocation table. Im not using existing ones. This probably wont help you though since you need the image header.

DRGN

Technowizard
Is this what your shadow flickering issue looks like?:

TEST01-7cropped.png

I knew I'd seen it in vanilla Melee before, and I found a way to easily reproduce it. Looks like it happens whenever two textures or objects are at the same z-index (probably the same for other axis too). I remember it appearing on some really old stage hacks too, with all vanilla structures. I imagine it was caused by structures (with textures) that were in the same position on one of their axis. (Also happens when you spawn a lot of the same item into the same space, iirc)

Maybe the game normally renders shadows onto a separate object from the texture, and offsets it slightly somehow. And so in the cases above with the flicking, they're not offset as they should be. Perhaps the positional data for a shadow could be compared to the positional data of something it's known to go with. If the pair doesn't have separate positional data, maybe this is something done automatically whenever the shadows are rendered, and they're not being offset for a different reason (flag? structure order or type?).

Just some thoughts.

Z zankyou Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can I get a dowload link for just Yoshi"s Story? It looks extremely well done. Also Pokemon Stadium wont load for me at all :/
If PS wont load its probably because youre trying 4 players or training mode or something. Itll only work for standard 1v1s

zankyou

Smash Lord
So I figured out what I was doing wrong with the color structs. Bad news is that Im going to have to redo each stage so hopefully no one made any major changes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I figured out what I was doing wrong with the color structs. Bad news is that Im going to have to redo each stage so hopefully no one made any major changes.
Lol...directly commented at me.

Looks like my night yesterday was [gladly] wasted making Battlefino Plaza.
Capture.PNG

Another question, which I might have already asked you before:

Do you remember how you made a texture duplicate more times than the original? Was it a flag in the Texture Structure?

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

zankyou

Smash Lord
Lol...directly commented at me.

Looks like my night yesterday was [gladly] wasted making Battlefino Plaza.
View attachment 79754

Another question, which I might have already asked you before:

Do you remember how you made a texture duplicate more times than the original? Was it a flag in the Texture Structure?
Yeah its a flag in the texture struct. I think I played with the wrap and scale flags. Or probably just the scale flag. You set the wrap flag to repeat on edge the you change the scale so that it needs to be repeated more times to fit the model.
And yeah I was definitely said with you in mind lol. Not a bad thing to have people wanting to jump on model hacks though. But this stuff is really new to us so expect a lot of changes.
Really cool delphino plaza. I migiht borrow your collisions if I import that stage because collisions for moving platforms wont import properly.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah its a flag in the texture struct. I think I played with the wrap and scale flags. Or probably just the scale flag. You set the wrap flag to repeat on edge the you change the scale so that it needs to be repeated more times to fit the model.
And yeah I was definitely said with you in mind lol. Not a bad thing to have people wanting to jump on model hacks though. But this stuff is really new to us so expect a lot of changes.
Really cool delphino plaza. I migiht borrow your collisions if I import that stage because collisions for moving platforms wont import properly.
Cool, thanks for the insight. X/Y textures scales are only one byte each??

Btw, if you ever reimport Kalos League, this dude just made a better version like a week ago:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Theyre 1 byte each. I dont think the wrap flags are in the wiki though. They should be in the dat file doc.

zankyou

Smash Lord
The purpose of the smaller one was so that 4 players didnt lag. I could make a new one but since it loads 4 players the same could be achieved by zeroing the bone flags at 0x1fe340 and 0x1a788.
That being said... theres a few reason why one might want a smaller file size.

http://1drv.ms/205r1RG

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
The purpose of the smaller one was so that 4 players didnt lag. I could make a new one but since it loads 4 players the same could be achieved by zeroing the bone flags at 0x1fe340 and 0x1a788.
That being said...

http://1drv.ms/205r1RG
Let me know if you want the original background. Oddly enough I could make it so that this background was transitions like the normal ones. Wonder how that works.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Let me know if you want the original background. Oddly enough I could make it so that this background was transitions like the normal ones. Wonder how that works.
Thanks! I think I'd like one with the regular background as well to experiment with. But if all you would do is modify flags to the last posted dat file, then I should be able to do that, as I did with the last file. But if you're going to actually remove the background textures from the file, etc., then I'll let you handle that.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Thanks! I think I'd like one with the regular background as well to experiment with. But if all you would do is modify flags to the last posted dat file, then I should be able to do that, as I did with the last file. But if you're going to actually remove the background textures from the file, etc., then I'll let you handle that.
You could do it with just the flags. I was going to remove the sky but it doesnt seem like itd really make that much of a difference.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Zankyou Model Import: Brawl Battlefield (original Battlefield background + sunshine)
Download

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

You could see the sunshine effect visibly end if you were on the left side of the stage, so I translated the bone structure to fix this.

Capture.PNG

If you want the completely original background, go to offset 0x1eec04 and change 10140000 to 00000000.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Zankyou Model Import: Brawl Battlefield (original Battlefield background + sunshine)
Download

View attachment 79842

View attachment 79841

You could see the sunshine effect visibly end if you were on the left side of the stage, so I translated the bone structure to fix this.

View attachment 79844

If you want the completely original background, go to offset 0x1eec04 and change 10140000 to 00000000.
Do I need to repack the ISO to put this in? Cause I'm getting a different file size error and feel pretty dumb.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Download

View attachment 79842

View attachment 79841

View attachment 79844

Yeah Ive been meaning to fix that lol. Its supposed to kinda drape over the castle but I havent figured out why its in the wrong spot so it looks like that. The castle blocks it but without it there its noticeable. Btw do you know how many transitions are on battlefield.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah Ive been meaning to fix that lol. Its supposed to kinda drape over the castle but I havent figured out why its in the wrong spot so it looks like that. The castle blocks it but without it there its noticeable. Btw do you know how many transitions are on battlefield.
4, I believe.

So I just played my file on console and you can still see the sunshine cutoff at times. So I re-modified and re-uploaded the file and moved the sunshine wayyy down.

You're the man, Zankyou. What stage are you doing next?

zankyou

Smash Lord
I swear I slept for a few hours this time. I really just wanted to see how much better this looks with the color structs.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
You guys are creating works of art -- absolute masterpieces!!! @O@ <3

zankyou

Smash Lord
It's here.
Kalos League - GrTFe.dat

It replaces Roy's Target stage so replace and rebuild. Then load up TEMBLEM in the debug menu.
I need to figure out why transforming links are giving me a problem so that I can use more stages.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It's here.
Kalos League - GrTFe.dat

It replaces Roy's Target stage so replace and rebuild. Then load up TEMBLEM in the debug menu.
I need to figure out why transforming links are giving me a problem so that I can use more stages.
Hot damn you guys are putting in so much work! This is WONDERFUL!

Edit:

After playing it on my Wii for about 20 minutes there were only like two or three times that I could see a small but noticeable frame drop. It was Fox/Peach and seemed to really only happen when both characters were on the right side near where the blue circle ends-ish. It was maybe only 2-5 frames dropped but defiantly still playable.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Anyone with nothing better to do want to help me out and index song ids. It should be really easy.

zankyou

Smash Lord

Edit:

After playing it on my Wii for about 20 minutes there were only like two or three times that I could see a small but noticeable frame drop. It was Fox/Peach and seemed to really only happen when both characters were on the right side near where the blue circle ends-ish. It was maybe only 2-5 frames dropped but defiantly still playable.
Hmm it should be around that of battlefield. One likely cause could be mipmaps. I could try choosing the second image when available. It would half the quality of object using that image but at 480p it shouldnt be too big of a deal. If this isnt the problem though anyone can feel free to try and make a slightly less intensive version of this stage.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It's here.
Kalos League - GrTFe.dat

Damn...so beautiful. It's a shame if it does drop frames though, and if TerryJohnson says it happened with 2 chars, then I'm sure it would with 4. If I have the time tonight, I was going to try re-enabling the default target background and disabling the bada$$ chapel/temple. As much as I hate to do that, the backgrounds are obviously less important.

Looks great! I'm anxious to try these out. Keep em' comin!

I actually made a lookalike to this using Dream Land. I should post that later...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
zankyou, platform shadows...I'm assuming this is just a byproduct of Brawl stages (character shadows) having better functionality than Melee stages.
Capture.PNG

I know Melee avoids this problem by having the tops of the platforms be their own respective object, and making that top part of the platform the only object on which a shadow is cast. Do you know if this is possible to do with your model imports?

zankyou

Smash Lord
zankyou, platform shadows...I'm assuming this is just a byproduct of Brawl stages (character shadows) having better functionality than Melee stages.
View attachment 80034

I know Melee avoids this problem by having the tops of the platforms be their own respective object, and making that top part of the platform the only object on which a shadow is cast. Do you know if this is possible to do with your model imports?
It's not just that the tops are their own objects, they would need to have their own material structure. Maybe the function that ors 04 does it by object and not material which would explain why the function exist but I can't use that function

zankyou

Smash Lord

Edit:

Btw was this during a Firefox animation?

Top Bottom