• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
It's here.
Kalos League - GrTFe.dat

It replaces Roy's Target stage so replace and rebuild. Then load up TEMBLEM in the debug menu.
I need to figure out why transforming links are giving me a problem so that I can use more stages.
@O@!!!
*drools*

Can I replace any stage with this one by just uh...rewriting the file name?

EDIT2: If yes, I guess I need to find the list of stage names

EDIT: Z zankyou , how does one index song IDs?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
@O@!!!
*drools*

Can I replace any stage with this one by just uh...rewriting the file name?

EDIT: Z zankyou , how does one index song IDs?
No, but there's an easy way to access it in game by swapping a value in the sss. I haven't edited that file in forever though do you'd have to give me a bit to remember.
As for the songs, I'm not sure if shamrock indexed them our just made a take if values, but it what basically require one to test what song pays for each value.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
No, but there's an easy way to access it in game by swapping a value in the sss. I haven't edited that file in forever though do you'd have to give me a bit to remember.
As for the songs, I'm not sure if shamrock indexed them our just made a take if values, but it what basically require I've to test what song pays for each value.
Essentially, if you need help indexing IDs then I can if shown how to initially.

Info on swapping values in the SSS would be very much welcome XD thank you

zankyou

Smash Lord
Essentially, if you need help indexing IDs then I can if shown how to initially.

Info on swapping values in the SSS would be very much welcome XD thank you
maybe it wasnt the SSS and instead I was swapping values in the debug dolphin. Ill have to look more into it when i get home. As for the music theres a few ways to do it. But you could do it with the stage file alone. In GrTFe.dat go to offset 0x13c6c and change the values in that block and the one at 0x13c74 to the one you want to index. Theres a range that I feel like someone posted somewhere on this site, but im going to look into how I was modding the SSS first.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can an object not have a material structure?
Multiple objects can share a material. So say that every face on a cube is its own object, but each on shares the same material. The shadow flag is part of the material structure so I cant give just 1 face a shadow without doing the rest. I believe this might be the purpose of the function.
Also, theyre not separate objects anyways.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
maybe it wasnt the SSS and instead I was swapping values in the debug dolphin. Ill have to look more into it when i get home. As for the music theres a few ways to do it. But you could do it with the stage file alone. In GrTFe.dat go to offset 0x13c6c and change the values in that block and the one at 0x13c74 to the one you want to index. Theres a range that I feel like someone posted somewhere on this site, but im going to look into how I was modding the SSS first.
I'll need a more detailed explanation then unfortunately. Thanks and, of course, take your time~

zankyou

Smash Lord
I'll need a more detailed explanation then unfortunately. Thanks and, of course, take your time~
Im starting to think I was doing it with dol mods. For now though achilles has a gecko code buried in the forum that will swap stage ids when loading the game.

zankyou

Smash Lord
So I found shamrocks notes in question.

Music ID´s
# name Hex id
0 Opening 6B
1 Princess Peach´s Castle 0A
2 Rainbow Cruise 76
3 Kongo Jungle 33
4 Jungle Japes 4D
5 Great Bay 36
6 Temple 79
7 Brinstar D2
8 Brinstar Depths 50
9 Yoshi´s Story D1
10 Yoshi´s Island CF
11 Fountain of Dreams 49
12 Green Greens 38
13 Corneria 0E
14 Venom c3
15 Pokemon Stadium 71
16 Poke Floats 74
17 Mute City 5D
18 Big Blue 07
19 Mother 69
20 EarthBound 2E
21 Mushroom Kingdom 41
22 Mushroom Kingdom(Finale) 42
23 Mushroom KingdomII 43
24 Mushroom Kingdom(Finale) 44
25 Icicle Mountain 40
26 Flat Zone 2D
27 Kongo Jungle N64 65
28 Yoshi´s Island N64 67
29 Dream Land N64 66
30 Super Mario Bros.3 7B
31 Saria´s Theme 78
32 Battle Theme 70
33 Fire Emblem 05
34 Mach Rider 5C
35 Mother 2 6A
36 Dr.Mario 11
37 Balloon Fight 06
38 Mario´s Victory 25
39 DK´s Victory 1C
40 Zelda Team Victory 24
41 Samus´s Victory 28
42 Yoshi´s Victory 2C
43 Kirby´s Victory 23
44 Fox´s Victory 1F
45 Pokemon Victory 27
46 Capt. Falcon´s Victory 20
47 Ness´s Victory 26
48 Fire Emblem Team Victory 1D
49 Mr. Game & Watch´s Victory 1E
50 Ice Climbers´ Victory 22
51 Metal Battle 7F
52 Battlefield 80
53 Final Destination 7D
54 Menu 1 57
55 Menu 2 59
56 How to Play 3C
57 Targets! 89
58 Multi-Man Melee 1 3D
59 Multi-Man Melee 2 3E
60 All-Star Intro 04
61 Tournament 1 CD
62 Tournament 2 CE
63 Trophy 58
64 Classic Intro 45
65 Adventure Intro 46
66 Stage Clear 1 19
67 Stage Clear 2 1A
68 Continue 0D
69 Game Over 31
70 New Trophy! 85
71 Rare Trophy! 86
72 Challenger! 87
73 New Feature 1 82
74 New Feature 2 83
75 New Feature 3 84
76 Hammer 47
77 Starman 48
78 Warning Siren 7A
79 Ending 15

Im not sure how shamrock came up with these values but hopefully its the same indexing as the bgm

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I found shamrocks notes in question.

Music ID´s
# name Hex id
0 Opening 6B
1 Princess Peach´s Castle 0A
2 Rainbow Cruise 76
3 Kongo Jungle 33
4 Jungle Japes 4D
5 Great Bay 36
6 Temple 79
7 Brinstar D2
8 Brinstar Depths 50
9 Yoshi´s Story D1
10 Yoshi´s Island CF
11 Fountain of Dreams 49
12 Green Greens 38
13 Corneria 0E
14 Venom c3
15 Pokemon Stadium 71
16 Poke Floats 74
17 Mute City 5D
18 Big Blue 07
19 Mother 69
20 EarthBound 2E
21 Mushroom Kingdom 41
22 Mushroom Kingdom(Finale) 42
23 Mushroom KingdomII 43
24 Mushroom Kingdom(Finale) 44
25 Icicle Mountain 40
26 Flat Zone 2D
27 Kongo Jungle N64 65
28 Yoshi´s Island N64 67
29 Dream Land N64 66
30 Super Mario Bros.3 7B
31 Saria´s Theme 78
32 Battle Theme 70
33 Fire Emblem 05
34 Mach Rider 5C
35 Mother 2 6A
36 Dr.Mario 11
37 Balloon Fight 06
38 Mario´s Victory 25
39 DK´s Victory 1C
40 Zelda Team Victory 24
41 Samus´s Victory 28
42 Yoshi´s Victory 2C
43 Kirby´s Victory 23
44 Fox´s Victory 1F
45 Pokemon Victory 27
46 Capt. Falcon´s Victory 20
47 Ness´s Victory 26
48 Fire Emblem Team Victory 1D
49 Mr. Game & Watch´s Victory 1E
50 Ice Climbers´ Victory 22
51 Metal Battle 7F
52 Battlefield 80
53 Final Destination 7D
54 Menu 1 57
55 Menu 2 59
56 How to Play 3C
57 Targets! 89
58 Multi-Man Melee 1 3D
59 Multi-Man Melee 2 3E
60 All-Star Intro 04
61 Tournament 1 CD
62 Tournament 2 CE
63 Trophy 58
64 Classic Intro 45
65 Adventure Intro 46
66 Stage Clear 1 19
67 Stage Clear 2 1A
68 Continue 0D
69 Game Over 31
70 New Trophy! 85
71 Rare Trophy! 86
72 Challenger! 87
73 New Feature 1 82
74 New Feature 2 83
75 New Feature 3 84
76 Hammer 47
77 Starman 48
78 Warning Siren 7A
79 Ending 15

Im not sure how shamrock came up with these values but hopefully its the same indexing as the bgm
They're not the same unfortunately.

http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-hacking-new-research-documentation.384255/page-7#post-19051375

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
XD "meleemeters"

Anyway, to be clear...especially for others with the same question as me:

To replace, say, Rainbow Cruise with Kalos League...
the instructions are:

0) Inject Kalos League over Roy's Break the Target Stage

1) Go to Start.dol

2) Seek Rainbow Cruise by going to:

Rainbow Cruise
3ED6F4
02010C0B

3) Replace 0B in this case (or just the entire Ranbow Cruise ID?) with [Roy's Break the Target stage ID]

Roy's Break the Targets Stage
XXXXXX
AABBCCDD

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thats too bad. Im starting to think it would just be faster to go through each stage's groundparam section and get the values from there.
Fastest would certainly be setting a breakpoint at 80018130 and doing the "stage file patching" in the RAM. It would take ~10 seconds for each song.

At this breakpoint, just initially find the location of the song ID in teh RAM, save a state, then change it, hit play, record what song played, load state, change it, hit play, record what song played, etc.

Have you been using this breakpoint for any of your stage file testing?
Multiple objects can share a material. So say that every face on a cube is its own object, but each on shares the same material. The shadow flag is part of the material structure so I cant give just 1 face a shadow without doing the rest. I believe this might be the purpose of the function.
Also, theyre not separate objects anyways.
I see.

As far the function that or's the 04 flag, if you are referring to the function I was talking about a little bit ago, the input is the material structure and not the object struct. But idk if you're talking about something else or not.
capture.png

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Fastest would certainly be setting a breakpoint at 80018130 and doing the "stage file patching" in the RAM. It would take ~10 seconds for each song.

At this breakpoint, just initially find the location of the song ID in teh RAM, save a state, then change it, hit play, record what song played, load state, change it, hit play, record what song played, etc.

Have you been using this breakpoint for any of your stage file testing?

I see.

As far the function that or's the 04 flag, if you are referring to the function I was talking about a little bit ago, the input is the material structure and not the object struct. But idk if you're talking about something else or not.
View attachment 80062
I was thinking more along the lines of it breaking it up for you and giving shadows when appropriate. But I really have no idea. I just know that I can either give an object shadows or not.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can someone test if this stage lags on console as well. Easiest test would be 2 ICs. Not really shooting for more. Can you also test the other version with 2 ICs as well.
kalo league test
Edit: I didnt notice any lag with 2 ICs and barely any with 3 so fox vs peach should be fine. That being said does the debug menu lag less for anyone else. 4 ICs on fod didnt really lag for me in the debug game but does badly if accessed normally.
Im getting about the same performance with a file very similar to the first one. I know I made the camera a bit weird but it doesnt seem to lag with 2 ICs.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I was thinking more along the lines of it breaking it up for you and giving shadows when appropriate. But I really have no idea. I just know that I can either give an object shadows or not.
I feel as though they would just give it a different material struct at that point in order to single it out. Do you have an example of when a shadow flag is created like you were saying?

--------------

Hmm it should be around that of battlefield. One likely cause could be mipmaps. I could try choosing the second image when available. It would half the quality of object using that image but at 480p it shouldnt be too big of a deal. If this isnt the problem though anyone can feel free to try and make a slightly less intensive version of this stage.
Here is my less intensive version. It makes me shed a tear to not use the awesome background, but it still looks really nice.

Download
  • Regular target stage background.
  • Top camera limit lowered to more closely mimic FD and as an attempt to keep percentage/stock icons from covering gameplay when characters are hit high.
  • Character lighting shadows darkened to help characters stand out from the stained glass.
  • Pause camera "jerk" removed.
  • Custom stage file wall flags added to disable instant walljumping and enable scarjumping from a ledgedrop, assuming the code is in use of course.
  • P3 and P4 spawn switched to play nice with the 20XX neutral start code.
Capture.PNG

zankyou

Smash Lord
I feel as though they would just give it a different material struct at that point in order to single it out. Do you have an example of when a shadow flag is created like you were saying?

--------------

Here is my less intensive version. It makes me shed a tear to not use the awesome background, but it still looks really nice.

Download
  • Regular target stage background.
  • Top camera limit lowered to more closely mimic FD and as an attempt to keep percentage/stock icons from covering gameplay when characters are hit high.
  • Character lighting shadows darkened to help characters stand out from the stained glass.
  • Pause camera "jerk" removed.
  • Custom stage file wall flags added to disable instant walljumping and enable scarjumping from a ledgedrop, assuming the code is in use of course.
  • P3 and P4 spawn switched to play nice with the 20XX neutral start code.
View attachment 80086
Is there a flag for the pause camera jerk? It should be caused by the delta camera view.
Also I dont have a concrete example. Its mostly just speculation on things like your gamecube space should share the purple material struct a lot.
I suppose I should make a 4 player friendly version of that stage. I really hate btt backgrounds so Ill probably just import some sky and cloud models to it.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
XD "meleemeters"

Anyway, to be clear...especially for others with the same question as me:

To replace, say, Rainbow Cruise with Kalos League...
the instructions are:

0) Inject Kalos League over Roy's Break the Target Stage

1) Go to Start.dol

2) Seek Rainbow Cruise by going to:

Rainbow Cruise
3ED6F4
02010C0B

3) Replace 0B in this case (or just the entire Ranbow Cruise ID?) with [Roy's Break the Target stage ID]

Roy's Break the Targets Stage
XXXXXX
AABBCCDD
you only need to change the last byte to get the stage to load. The other bytes are responsible for which model is loaded(theres isnt one for btt) and if its unlocked I think. But I cant find any documentation for it in what I found of my notes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a flag for the pause camera jerk? It should be caused by the delta camera view.
Also I dont have a concrete example. Its mostly just speculation on things like your gamecube space should share the purple material struct a lot.
I suppose I should make a 4 player friendly version of that stage. I really hate btt backgrounds so Ill probably just import some sky and cloud models to it.
GroundParam +0x34.

Something like pause camera initial Z or something. In the Kalos stage, it's at 0x13d00. Changed from 000000c4 to 00000064.

Did you try and get item spawn point to work on Roy's target stage? I see you made provisions for them, but I tried copying Final Destination's item spawn locations to the bone structs you provided and the game wouldn't load teh stage. But it was late and I only tried it once before returning them all back to normal, so I did very little troubleshooting on the issue.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Hyrule Castle - PeachBTT

Sorry it took so long. I was looking a bit into area tables to see why it was breaking the on so many stages. I thought of a way to trick the game though so I dont have to import everything over battlefield.
Everything is copied straight from the PAC but it still has some some fixing up to do. Not sure if its like this in brawl but the camera angles show the end of the background mesh which bothers me. Ive been considering just increasing the size bone of the background until I think of another solution. Secondly I have no idea why that random red patch and black wall are there. You can only see them in the pause screen but it means somethings not importing right.
Edit: Yep, no idea why its happening. Doesnt look like Im going to be able to fix it soon. Some minor stuff has been updated though.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
you only need to change the last byte to get the stage to load. The other bytes are responsible for which model is loaded(theres isnt one for btt) and if its unlocked I think. But I cant find any documentation for it in what I found of my notes.
Do you recommend just some trial and error? XD I have no idea which number to start with.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
GroundParam +0x34.

Something like pause camera initial Z or something. In the Kalos stage, it's at 0x13d00. Changed from 000000c4 to 00000064.

Did you try and get item spawn point to work on Roy's target stage? I see you made provisions for them, but I tried copying Final Destination's item spawn locations to the bone structs you provided and the game wouldn't load teh stage. But it was late and I only tried it once before returning them all back to normal, so I did very little troubleshooting on the issue.
Uh I havent actually tried to load items. If you can get it to load on wario ware though then that means that one of the pointers in the root section are responsible, but theres not much beyond that I can tell you.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I made a script to go through each stage and grab the corresponding music ids. I have class now but Ill format is a bit more later. Or if someone could put the names of the stages next to the files that would be great. Let me know if I missed a stage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to change the texture on the stage ? To replace the stained glass by another picture?
I've tried to dump the textures with dolphin but couldn't find it

zankyou

Smash Lord
Is there a way to change the texture on the stage ? To replace the stained glass by another picture?
I've tried to dump the textures with dolphin but couldn't find it
No, the glass is a gray texture given color and transparency by a color struct.
Edit: You can get rid of the color struct in the material struct, but each glass piece uses the same texture.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hyrule Castle - PeachBTT
Ill put a screen shot here later.

Sorry it took so long. I was looking a bit into area tables to see why it was breaking the on so many stages. I thought of a way to trick the game though so I dont have to import everything over battlefield.
Everything is copied straight from the PAC but it still has some some fixing up to do. Not sure if its like this in brawl but the camera angles show the end of the background mesh which bothers me. Ive been considering just increasing the size bone of the background until I think of another solution. Secondly I have no idea why that random red patch and black wall are there. You can only see them in the pause screen but it means somethings not importing right.
Almost time to reformat the OP.
Thanks for redoing this one! The left wall is also having some color issues
Capture.PNG

but I think this confirms that it is the displaylist/mesh color nodes causing the problems, which I'm sure you already knew.

zankyou

Smash Lord

I dont know what the guy was thinking when he made this, but Im going to move the display to the second shelf.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Z zankyou , you're basically doing this all yourself o__o'|l!?

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 20xx will have a stage toggle as well, is there any way to just replace the alternate stages or only the original stages. Notes are hard to find here and I can't figure it out on my own >__<'|l

Thanks; the notes you've given me did the trick (of course)~

zankyou

Smash Lord
Z zankyou , you're basically doing this all yourself o__o'|l!?

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 20xx will have a stage toggle as well, is there any way to just replace the alternate stages or only the original stages. Notes are hard to find here and I can't figure it out on my own >__<'|l

Thanks; the notes you've given me did the trick (of course)~
If you want to have both the default stages and alternate stages you can write a c2 code that patches the SSS and rebuild the iso with the alt stage under a different name (grnba.daz). When I originally did this I made it so that the stage file extensions were changed .dat to .daz. I think glooks patching notes make it a lot easier to navigate to the file names though.

And yeah importing requires you to understand both the dat file format and brawl file format fairly well. The hardest part of it is that theres so many unknowns for the dat file format. So any help understanding the file is greatly appreciated. Achilles has been huge help here.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Z zankyou , what you've said about daz files are a step in the right direction for me. I should be able to handle the rest.

As for your hand at stage creation, I wish I could help. I'm just a dirty data changer XD
Thank you though and I'm glad you are getting the help you need~

Achilles1515

Smash Master
WarioWare, Inc.
[Zankyou with a touch of Achilles]

Download

Capture.PNG

- item spawns added
- background grey made darker
- removed the plant and stoplight textures, shrunk stupid pigface to 75% original size
- removed the use of color nodes for stage elements in order to make them brighter
- removed character shadows on platforms due to shadows being portrayed on all platform faces
- changed stage element outlines from grey to blue, similar to the original brawl stage
- added stage file wall flags
- camera zoomed out slightly
- camera limits increased by 10 to 15 meleemeters. I know the "small camera limits" are part of the original stage design, but it was just annoyingly small.

Last edited:
Top Bottom