• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Ok i understand. :)

One more question, sorry for the wrong thread for this.
How can i get everything into the game? This Stages here, new Characters and more. With an SD Card? Can i use my original game or did i need an iso from the game?

Can i find tutorials for all this in this board?

Thanks for the help. :):reverse:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
This seems to be a huge help to noobs far and wide. You should give it a shot.

You can use either the original disc or an ISO, but you can't use Riivolution with an ISO. Only an original disc.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Has anybody here considered making a Portal stage? I know there was an import one recently, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it was a little....underwhelming...
I have a drawing/specs, but it requires a lot of work and I've been busy with school. if any stage hackers want to take a look, let me know.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Model Importing exists now. Does this mean we can expect to see a true to the original pokefloats any time soon?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hurr, sort of forgot this thread was here

Preview of a stage, haven't tested it yet, but I doubt it would even work since it's over Jungle Japes right now and is way bigger than the original file size. For now I'm just assembling the stage. Need to ponder how I'm going to do the stage position settings since any BB version higher than .63d is extremely sensitive when it comes to me saving things.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

As you can see, quite a few of the texture formats aren't correct. Is there a way to find a way to find the correct texture format or to change something in the model to force them to use CMPR?

And on top of that, is there a way to stop the stage from flickering like it has busted lighting(doesn't change colors)?

Arsenal gear seems to have it's textures in the correct format, but it flickers between being light,dark, and when shielding, not there.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
For plain colors, try my material tool

Just open your mdl0 file and press 'Fix DAE'. This changes the color nodes to 128 instead of 255, if that's the problem.

About the textures, if there's no palette reference in the materials, any CMPR texture should be working O.o

Just make sure the fence texture isn't CI8 or something.

Edit: Wait, if they're flickering from dark to lighten, material tool can't do anything about it. Just try changing the type of the material (and shader) and cross your fingers.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm... I have the format at RGBG65, but I may CMPR and another format since the models don't contain a pallete reference.

Edit: changing the shaders and materials to Blinn causes it to not display at all and laaaaaaaaagggggggggggg.

Reverting it to lambert and the textures to CMPR brings me back to the same situation, except it sometimes flickers colors depending on the match in combination with the lighting going crazy.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
guys, if this is the right thread, i tried getting a stage texture hack on my wii, but it didn't work. I have gecko and the code from infinite replay hack, and then i created a directory (new folders): private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee and then went to brawl vault to download the daigo smashville texture in a folder called daigo village. ok, so i put the .pac files in the melee folder, but there's 5 of them (STGVILLAGE_00.pac thru STGVILLAGE_04.pac) and i know it has to be named STGVILLAGE.pac, so how do i get all five of them into the melee folder when only one can be named STGVILLAGE.pac. Thanks

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Any stage that has multiple variants (Smashville, Castle Siege, Mushroomy Kingdom, Spear Pillar, Shadow Moses Island and Lylat Cruise) have multiple files that are usually numbered. Don't rename them, just stick them all in your folder as they are.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, figured I'd ask here for help since, well it's stage related lol.

I am making a texture for PTAD that converts it into Planet Wisp, focusing on the industrial part and such, and have a few questions since it's my 1st stage texture:

1) is it possible to turn off the BBox background so I can see what is going on with the stage's background?

2) seeing as PTAD is massive, is there a way to easily zoom around it? Even with shift held it takes a while to move anywhere to check my progress / where things are

3) does anybody have any experience working with PTAD, and have any advice / warnings?

Thanks in advance if any of these can be answered :awesome:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
So, figured I'd ask here for help since, well it's stage related lol.

I am making a texture for PTAD that converts it into Planet Wisp, focusing on the industrial part and such, and have a few questions since it's my 1st stage texture:

1) is it possible to turn off the BBox background so I can see what is going on with the stage's background?

2) seeing as PTAD is massive, is there a way to easily zoom around it? Even with shift held it takes a while to move anywhere to check my progress / where things are

3) does anybody have any experience working with PTAD, and have any advice / warnings?

Thanks in advance if any of these can be answered :awesome:
For starters, nobody abbreviates Port Town Aero Dive to PTAD. I didn't even know what you were talking about until I saw your other post. Just call it Port Town man.

1) Yes. View the entire stage in the collision editor.

2) Already answered in Brawlbox thread. Nothing is faster than shift and surely it's not that bad.

3) Nah, never done any extensive stage editing.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ah, thanks for the info!

And I opened it up in the collision editor, but the grey backdrop is still there, cannot really see the sky / floor :/

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
ah, thanks for the info!

And I opened it up in the collision editor, but the grey backdrop is still there, cannot really see the sky / floor :/
I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe Port Town just has a huge skybox so you can't see it in the initial view.

Just trust your instincts and test it ingame.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You are a very good man.

Did you build that Jinjo statue or did you import it?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Imported it. There's no use in spending hours building something that needs to be fused in order to be animated properly. I've imported the structure, the statue, and the jinjo inside (not in the picture).

My intention is rigging the jinjo to a simple bone structure so he can move and pursue Grunty.

Also, I suppose I'll import Grunty and remove the 2D Grunty I'm using now.

But I'll keep building the stage, and will not import it.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Soooooo, I finally decided to upload the definite version of my stage hack, which I now officially dub Mushroom Castle.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9660119&postcount=597

And here's the description and crap, which I basically copy-pasted.

Mushroom Castle

This is a very old stage I only now have decided upon that it is finished. It was made prior to the model import feature of BrawlBox and therefore had to hex-edit elements to make it work as it does right now. And yes, this IS based on the 2D stage creation template, so it's not really all that impressive. Especially not now that we can import entire models in the game.

Originally this stage was twice as big and crashed BrawlBox when previewed. I downscaled it so that the characters would be about the same size as the throne itself. Not that you would be able to easily compare it though.

This stage, naturally, goes over Final Destination. This is due to the fact that I made it prior to knowing that somebody hacked the Wifi Waiting Room module file so that the sandbag wouldn't spawn. So yeah, Final Destination it is. If you want it over any other stage, there are some great tutorials on the internet to cover your rel-editing needs.

The biggest downside to this stage is that it's too small, and really isn't suited for a four player free-for-all, seeing as stuff will get too hectic. I won't fix it, but if somebody else wants to, he / she can just upscale everything and re-upload it, no permission required.

http://mediafire.com/?aobea68679c2d

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I remember that stage and a video for it. It was so old.

The texture hurts my eyes. So much checkerboard @_@

I know that's the original texture, I'm just saying that it hurts my eyes.

Bertroll

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I am a Brawl Researcher and I was wondering if someone can give me a lead on my stage idea or possibly make a request. I basically need the stages broken down into a grid like structure for measuring and research purposes. I was thinking of trying for a clean look with everything stripped of it's essentials - http://imgur.com/z5lIE
http://imgur.com/Lt8dk
http://imgur.com/rGHl2
http://imgur.com/RdsJ0
http://imgur.com/Fsw01
+ Y and some Z axis including.
So say as FD is 295 x 480 I would go with a 20x32 grid but that is for FD only, perhaps having a universal factor by the average of all stages would be beneficial to have some kind of control?
FD = 295 x 480
SV = 295 x 440
BF = 295 x 460
a factor of 20 should be sufficient for what I am working with. I need make a stage of 15x22,23,24 blocks for SV BF and FD, I was also thinking maybe tetris squares or something available in the stage builder (which I will check out soon) so it may be easier on the eyes. I will use this stage for recording as well as assessing replays, so any feedback and criticism will be appreciated.
thanks for lookin =)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Anyway, might as well show pics.

Need help on how to reassign Materials to objects in Milkshape(Yes it must be done there).

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Wow, Milkshape. I haven't heard that name in ages.

And I thought I was the one using obscure modeling packages (i.e. Lightwave)

That's a pretty sexy Big Shell

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Remember Mewtwo2000's SPTM tool? http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27587.0

I figured out how to use the camera angle values. In addition to zooming in/out, it also changes the focal length of the imaginary camera. So using an angle of 15 (the default is 30 IIRC) will make two objects, one behind the other, appear to have less distance between them. Using higher angles would make them appear farther apart. This could be very useful for making stages from 2D games, where you want multiple layers to line up properly (just use small angles.)

Camera Angle (during gameplay): 3C
Pause Camera Angle: 80
Fixed-Camera Camera Angle: AC

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I would have bumped the actual STDT topic but it's about 1 year old.

Yoshi's Island: Brawl STDT solved by standardtoaster.
[collapse=Yoshi's Island: Brawl STDT]STDT

0x14 - couldn't get this to break?
0x18 - how long rotating plat stays in place before rotating again?
0x1C - something else with how long the plat stays before rotating again
0x20 - rotate speed
0x24 - couldn't get this to break?
0x28 - unsure what this is but it's read when the plat rises and enters the wait anim
0x2C - How long plat stays up
0x30 - Also deals with how long plat stays up?
0x34 - couldn't get this to break?
0x38 - how long before seasons change [/collapse]

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
This is kinda dead, so I'm gonna post the last stages in the vault I've been directly involved in:

Melee Battlefield

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22859

Great Bay

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22800

Ganondorf's Castle

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24028

Phantom Ganon's Room

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24384

Weapons Bed

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24608

DK Battle Arena

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25125

Credits to Oshtoby (Melee Battlefield), DSX8 and Ryan (Great Bay) and Oizen (Weapons Bed)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Those all look really good and faithful.

Unfortunately, Big Shell is gonna be Vaporware. :(

3 Key model files which are key parts of the shell have their Material mappings fudged/damaged upon exporting, and 90% of the 3 models' objects have NO material assigned to them.

If I could fix it in Milkshape, where I can see the matching Material and Object names and where the .kmy plugin imports them in, I could fix them all in a week.

Fixing them in 3DS Max will take... how do I put this?

Remember how long it took Spazkid to animate the Sanity Not Included Season 2 Finale?
About that long.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
So, are those models damaged when they get into 3DSmax, or when they get into Brawlbox?

Anyway, hoy can it be 90% of it is messy? Those pictures don't show something like that O.o

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I can't help but feel the PS2 screen has so much untapped potential for hacking.

How much do we know about modifying its display?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It isn't in game yet. Here's an old pic. Note the Materials are damaged before I EVEN EXPORT THEM.

This is what I get upon importing the .kmy file.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I can't help but feel the PS2 screen has so much untapped potential for hacking.

How much do we know about modifying its display?
Modifying the text shown (stage name and other thingies) is the only thing I know to change for that screen...

It isn't in game yet. Here's an old pic. Note the Materials are damaged before I EVEN EXPORT THEM.

This is what I get upon importing the .kmy file.
Did you rip that? Maybe the problem with the materials is just that those parts weren't visible when playing, and while polygons were there, materials weren't because of memory saving or something. If you were the one ripping it, I would suggest you to make a few other rips to see if things change.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This was extracted usiing the Solidus program. I think the issue has to do with the plugin used to import the .kmy file into Milkshape.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I hope Mewtwo_2000 posts pictures of his newest Temple of Time version here... Because Youtube sucks now and I can't watch his new video =/

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Can't see the video? O.o

Well, pictures are here:

It's weird that you can't see the video anyway O.o

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Eh, it's just that new loading thing that they started a few weeks ago. My internet is a bit slow since I'm on an older computer, so with this new change most videos take like 5x longer to load than their normal length, and it's not worth it for me to sit around waiting for it to load before watching it. And occasionally some videos just refuse to load at all, no matter how much I wait, skip around, or refresh them, so I just have to wait until another time.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. It really looks authentic, and I love the light in the back room. Even the missing floor looks real.

Top Bottom