• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
you should make poke floats. also, ive been thinking about getting into stage creation. is it hard?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
you should make poke floats. also, ive been thinking about getting into stage creation. is it hard?
Depends on what your goal is. Collision modification is pretty simple stuff along with resizing models in BrawlBox. I only needed to know this much to make some imported stage models not incredibly huge (that were hexed to work in BrawlBox by somebody else, mind you). I don't know much more than that, but there are a couple other simple things before you get into the much more complex parts of stage design.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call it hard. I'd call it a long long process, especially if you're making a building block based stage.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
All you need to do is familiarize yourself with the functions that BrawlBox offers and learn how you can use them to manipulate models. Then you can use that knowledge to build whatever you want and turn it into a stage.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
thanks for the help guys. im gonna get started working soon on some new ideas.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777

that part,
it wasn't easy at all to vertex (those are 9 models btw)
oh. Ive been trying to get into stage creation myself but i just have absolutely no idea what im doing. Thats why I didnt really understand. I feel like im in way over my head. I just dont get what all the stuff means and how it will affect my stage. ugh

EDIT: Gave it another try but still confused. Ugh

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Guys, does anyone know if it's possible to remove the Parasite Queen from Frigate Orpheon, while keeping it usable for Pokémon Trainer? The ones at Brawl Vault glitch badly whenever Pokémon Trainer is there. I tried simply making her "transparent", but it didn't work, she now looks plain black.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
bad news,
i just cancelled it :C

tiz too hard to work on,
put me one whole week to have that result...
Oh, that's bad news indeed...

May you send me the original melee 3D dump you were using if any, just in case?

By the way, new courtyard pictures:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Did you try changing Materials1 to 3? (I think that's what it's called.)
Uh, I know this is not the "how to" thread, but can you link me to a tutorial for that? I'd really appreciate it :D

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
You just made my dream come true. It's perfect! Man, thanks a lot! :D You're awesome.

Now I can fill Frigate Orpheon with Megaman music.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
how do you properly name stage files that have multiple forms like metal gear and castle siege? also, could anyone get me a luigi's mansion rel? that'd be great

Napos

Smash Ace
Can someone give me a rundown of how I can put stage hacks on my SD card? I have been looking at threads but man, it sure is confusing. please help!

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
that looks great! Just downloaded it. can anyone tell me what you name a stage to put it over lylat? ive looked in more than one list and found nothing.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Original thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30055.0

I'm trying to create a stage, and I keep running into the same issue.

When I check preview the stage in the collision data it looks ok, however in game my new model is not there and the game's speed is noticeably slowed down it's a huge mess... Can someone explain what why this happened and what can I do to fix it?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
:happy: HYPE *:happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I found out some information about collision files:

The 'Unknown 2' checkbox seems to only be used by the homerun contest barrier collision
(the one that blocks the sandbag and homerun bat, but not the players).
'Unknown 2' makes collision that works only for items.

'Unknown 1' makes it so that characters actually can interfere with the collision (as well as other things)
So if you uncheck 'Unknown 1', the collision won't work for characters.

Awesome Part:
If you uncheck 'Unknown 1', but check 'Unknown 2', the collision will work with only items *:af2:

To sum it up:
Unknown 1 = Collision for characters and everything else
Unknown 2 = Collision only for items

Hope this may be useful :)
Can you confirm this Mewtwo?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's an easy thing to test. Anyone could confirm it.

So I did. It's true, Unknown 2 is a collision that only lets items hit it, and everything else can pass through it as if it weren't there.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
a peek look for a upcoming stage

On FD based stages, though, Pokemon Trainer's positions are defined in the StgPosition (there are 4 possible places he can be standing.)

@~TLK~: Try STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.pac (and st_starfox.rel). It doesn't work for all stages, though.

---

Does this platform movement look okay to everybody? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J52u9EmF2jw
it look okay except then it go back from right :/ otherwise, real good!

Top Bottom