• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Flying pyramid is coming along well. Basically I'm gonna have eight blocks moving in different directions, so that you are playing on an entirely moving map. (It's been my dream ever since that split second part with the unknowns in Poke Floats.) I've hit a bit of a standstill, though, because I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach collisions to a model or a bone.

The arrows show what the paths of the platforms will be.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Second post of this thread tells you how ot better yet:
Yes, but if the program is functional enough a person wouldn't need to export now would they? Either way you'd have both options. ;)

Okay, it's here! There are a few minor things that could be done, but I'm tired of waiting. No time for a tutorial tonight, so listen up!

To open up the editor, right-click the coll resource and Preview (just like models). Camera controls haven't changed. Just use the right mouse button again.

Left mouse button will select points/planes. If you click an empty space and drag, you can select multiple points. Click a single point to select/drag it, same goes for planes. Click and drag selected pieces to move them. Escape clears current selection.

Shift-click will add to the selection, Ctrl-click subtracts. Pieces cannot be moved while shift/ctrl are being pressed.

Points can be joined/created by using Alt. Highlight point(s) and alt-click another. Any highlighted points will join to the selected one. Clicking an empty space creates a new point. Holding the left mouse button will allow you to position the point before finishing. Escape cancels.

When no points are selected, alt-click and drag an empty space to create a new plane. You can chain them together for fast object creation. The new points/planes will be added to the currently selected object, selected in the object list.

Highlight a plane and alt-click an empty space to split the plane

Pieces can be moved with the keyboard using WASD. Hold shift to move faster.

Esc is your friend! It will cancel any current action (dragging/hovering). It will also clear the current selection.

Delete will delete points/planes. If planes are deleted, the points will remain in-tact. If a single point is deleted, the planes it connects will be joined.

Some objects are attached to models/bones. Right-click these objects from the list and select Snap to jump the camera to that bone (first one is done for you). You can then use the rotation slider (upper-right) to offset the camera to match up the 2d space. The star button next to the rotation slider resets this.

Left/right brackets [] move left/right to the next point/plane (select one first). This indicates the path the object takes. Adjust the plane types (floor/ceiling/wall) so that they move left-to-right.

Align buttons will align all points on the same axis. Select a single point first, then select the points you want to change (using shift). Click 'Align', and the points will all match up to the first.

The split button will split points so they only connect to one plane.

Merge needs work. Takes highlighted points and smashes them into one.

Ledges need to be set on floor planes.

Lastly, just play around with it. :psycho:

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
I've read that already.

"Some objects are attached to models/bones. Right-click these objects from the list and select Snap to jump the camera to that bone (first one is done for you). You can then use the rotation slider (upper-right) to offset the camera to match up the 2d space. The star button next to the rotation slider resets this.

Left/right brackets [] move left/right to the next point/plane (select one first). This indicates the path the object takes. Adjust the plane types (floor/ceiling/wall) so that they move left-to-right."

That implies to me that the collisions are already connected to the bone. Mine, are not, and I want them to be. How do I connect them in the first place?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
anyone know how i can reemplace teh sprite shine of delfino plaza for a simple 2D image?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
*pic*

Making Sky Rail out of SSE parts, similar to what I did with Metal Harbor. Only I'm having an issue with this one, it freezes in game. =/

Some one help please ^^
well, look for empity colision objects, if tehre is any of that, it will freezes, or maybe can be teh stageposition/poketrainer models, :ohwell: just a question, where that textures are from? how you obtain that textures?o.o

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Phew, just finished reading the past 20 pages.

Mewtwo_2000 made me remember that I wanted to work on a Jigglypuff hack. It's going to be worked on pretty soon.

Also, upon request, I will continue working on my Termina field, and I'm going to make a certain vertex hack related to it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Phew, just finished reading the past 20 pages.

Mewtwo_2000 made me remember that I wanted to work on a Jigglypuff hack. It's going to be worked on pretty soon.

Also, upon request, I will continue working on my Termina field, and I'm going to make a certain vertex hack related to it.
I'm not sure whether or not this means Skull Kid is being worked on again, but I'll take any hacks related to MM.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
To those working on the Heartgold/Soulsilver title stages, I've got a suggestion (if they're still being worked on, that is).

Would it not be plausible, and moreover, within your capacity, to remove the Final Destination/Training platform altogether and make the Legendary bird into the stage? I don't know if that's at all within the realm of possibility, but I think the stage would be far more effective, not to mention professsional, if instead of being a great big platform just "following" the bird, you'd walk on the spine of a gigantic Ho-Oh/Lugia, not dissimilar to the way you walk across the "spine" of the Great Fox in Corneria. It would make the stage more unique, alter the simple "straight-line" layout, and if possible, a few head animations could be thrown in too. Or something.

But yeah, it would be so much cooler of a stage if you could walk up and down the back of a large Ho-Oh/Lugia, although my hacking knowledge is zilch so if that's possible I wouldn't know. All I do know is that not many people are going to want more and more completely flat, uninteractable stages once the "OMG new stages" novelty wears off. Not that I'm saying I don't appreciate the work that goes into it; I think what you guys do is amazing.

Top Bottom