• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Chuy, Why don't you just upload a pac with the same collision data as the regular one so people can use it online?

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Just made the Tornado Fly in the background for Sky Rail. Its almost done ^^
Cool, any new pics?

Also, as far as the old pics go, they look very good. My only concern is, they look almost as if the characters are too small in comparison to the hill of land. Now I can't judge without having played on the stage, but it looks like the stage could do with having a little shrinkage, along with maybe a spare platform, or a second, smaller hill, to spice up the layout. Apart from that, the level looks pretty great. :)

And I like the sound of the Tornado in the BG. Is anybody riding it or does it just swoop by of it's own accord? Either way it sounds like a nice way of making the level livelier. It'd be cool to have cream fly past too, but that would probably be too much, animating the ears and all that.

Can't wait to see the final product.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
OIZEN, I desperately need that cliff Lol, can you tell me which SSE stage you got it from? like the numberd (i.e. ######.pac) cause Ive been looking for that for a while and I need it for a stage

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
@GamerAdvance: The Stage comes out tomarrow, (unless somthing comes up) so I'm done with pics. But here is the texture I made for the Tornado.

Didn't really spend that much time mapping it, obviously its the plane from Rumble Falls.

as for the scale, Its a bit too late for me to edit it. It looks better when you're playing up close. No one is riding it, I'm not that into animation.

OIZEN, I desperately need that cliff Lol, can you tell me which SSE stage you got it from? like the numberd (i.e. ######.pac) cause Ive been looking for that for a while and I need it for a stage

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
.... This is starting to bother me.

How can I get the stage(FD) to respond to animations? While it would be nice to move the clouds, my main problem is that none of the models want to be placed where I want them in Brawl.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Because the Platforms and the tail wings are all one polygon.
Ah yes. *Pretends to know all about vertex hacking*

Anyways. I have a problem, in my Flying Pyramid stage, it's that when I play it in brawl, all my models are in a clump in the center, and they aren't scaled like I had them in brawlbox, either. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, how do I add frames to a bone animation?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oizen, there are 2 Subspace files that look like good Sonic Adventure-based stages.

370001.pac can be Sky Deck
370101.pac can be Final Egg

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There's no way to make 2 of the same models use different textures, right? Like you import a block and use one texture, then import a second one of the same block and use different textures? I think it's impossible but I'm just double checking.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
There's no way to make 2 of the same models use different textures, right? Like you import a block and use one texture, then import a second one of the same block and use different textures? I think it's impossible but I'm just double checking.
It's quite possible. All you have to do is add in a copy of that model, then edit the string that tells the model what texture name to use. Through hex-editing, or I think BrawlBox can do so, too. (Haven't used it in a while, been busy with other things).

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Import two of the same models, then import the textures you want into the texturedata. Now go into the mdl0's of the models, and name the data in the textures1 file, in the textures2 file, and INSIDE the materials in material1 the same as the textures you want. That's what I'm doing for my Flying Pyramid. Haha, I'm just relaying what Mewtwo 2000 told me two days ago.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Import two of the same models, then import the textures you want into the texturedata. Now go into the mdl0's of the models, and name the data in the textures1 file, in the textures2 file, and INSIDE the materials in material1 the same as the textures you want. That's what I'm doing for my Flying Pyramid. Haha, I'm just relaying what Mewtwo 2000 told me two days ago.
Oh sweet... I already tried renaming the textures1 thing, but I didn't think to look inside materials1, so that's why I didn't think it would work. But what do I do if the model doesn't have textures2?

Edit: Never mind. Opening it in a hex editor and changing the name of the sole instance of the texture made it work really easily. Thanks guys.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Oh sweet... I already tried renaming the textures1 thing, but I didn't think to look inside materials1, so that's why I didn't think it would work. But what do I do if the model doesn't have textures2?

Edit: Never mind. Opening it in a hex editor and changing the name of the sole instance of the texture made it work really easily. Thanks guys.
If it doesn't have a textures2, then you don't need to worry about it. lol Brawlbox is for me. I wouldn't be able to stand working with hexadecimals.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I tried it in BrawlBox but it didn't work, which is why I tried the hex editor. The texture name was right at the bottom of the file, so I only had to change 1 character.

Right now I was just using it for an item hack, but my next stage is also going to use a good amount of this trick. I'll be working on it in a couple days as soon as I'm done with my finals.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't working for me at first, but I realized I had to restart BB to make them take effect.

Please Can anyone tell me how to add frames to a model/bone animation?
simple o.o add frame in the low part i mean if say for example 1/15 cahnge the 15 to 16 to add one frame

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean in the model and animation viewer? I meant just in my AnmChr file, when I click on it it shows me the Scale, Rotation, and Translation boxes. I tried clicking on the arrows in there and it doesn't give me any more frames. Could I be doing this entirely wrong? I'm trying to make a block move around a stage, how should I do it?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Is there a chance we could add a part to the OP of .rel files made for certain stages?

I could be wrong, but I feel like there have been .rel files made of some of Mewtwo_2000's stages but I have to go through the thread to find them now.

If I'm wrong, sorry! ;>.>

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
All REl files for Final Destination and Online Waiting room have been made.
In brawlvault in misc., those should include all you need.
Except if your pal. >.>

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Oh, so they don't have to be custom stage-specific, just .rel files renamed as whatever stage we need them to be?

...silly me. <.<
And thanks for directing me to the right place!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yup thats right.
Modifications can be might in rel files tough, like some of the brawl+ stage modifications have, but thats normally not the case.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hey Mewtwo, how did you rename the model pieces and textures in Fourside and still get them to work?

Because whenever I try to do that it either won't show the textures or the model piece just stops working :/

EDIT: In the meantime, NEW STAGE!
As Zenox said, it's only finding the texture names inside the materials in materials1 and renaming them, and doing so in texture1. If texture2 exists, then rename them too.

Oh, did I say I'm making a mario kart stage too? Well, it will be a revamp of the one I already have (page 3 of the thread xD), but I'm sure you will all love it when done :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If you see Crisis City (in the last version) there are some chaos emeralds in there, get them if you need them

ds22

Smash Lord
I'll see if I can seperate the emeralds from the trophy model.
*and they don't exist >_>

I need an emerald shaped model then...
Look in the FitSonicResult.pac, in there is the emerald (it seems the emerald is a texture file though).
Same goes for the emeralds in the FitSonicFinal.pac file.

Top Bottom