• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You should be able to remove the buildings in Skyworld by making the materials invisible.

And for a Distortion World stage, try throwing some floors around the walls or something. Make it look like it's multi-dimensional.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
You should be able to remove the buildings in Skyworld by making the materials invisible.

And for a Distortion World stage, try throwing some floors around the walls or something. Make it look like it's multi-dimensional.
Good idea.. But how do you make materials invisible?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
...I'm not thinking...ugh
Well does anyone know where to find a cylinder?
Edit: But each face of the cube has 9 vertex points. Shouldn't that be enough, because technically, the cube should have 4 vertex points per side.
If you're looking for a cylinder, why don't you use this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pumdj317cdb467f

And if anyone knows where I can find a model shaped like a cone, let me know.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
If you're looking for a cylinder, why don't you use this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pumdj317cdb467f

And if anyone knows where I can find a model shaped like a cone, let me know.
I believe the SSE dark stuff is shaped like a cone, though you'll have to resize it a lot to make it a good size, I resized it to 0.01 and then to 0.005.
You'll find it in a stage that is kindof like 390001

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I believe the SSE dark stuff is shaped like a cone, though you'll have to resize it a lot to make it a good size, I resized it to 0.01 and then to 0.005.
You'll find it in a stage that is kindof like 390001
Thank you sir, I'll have to check it out.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Barrel, eh? That's a good idea for a cylinder actually.

You could vertex hack a cylinder into a cone if you just resize the top to zero too, but there probably is an actual model around.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I got an awesome stage but I gotta go now, prepare for a huge and inside out enterable plane! -if it is Allah's willing.-

Mit

Smash Ace
Definitely not a Mushroom Kingdom II log. Looks familiar though. I thought it was from a Sonic game but I looked that up and that was wrong as well.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Alright, back.
Now I can tell you my new idea.
Basically it's good old Corneria but it has a LOT of new features...
1- It is double the size.
2- It has a lot of secret places.
3- It has entrances to go INSIDE the plane.
4- It's a lot of fun =)

Might make it even 3 times bigger than before, it might need that.

EDIT:
Got some previews of the modified stages, unfortunately two were corrupted...
The new Temporal Tower:

Needs new lighting, it has FD's Lighting.

No more buildings, that's all that was changed for now.

Fixed Mewtwo's Tail

Random preview showing the clouds under the stage

I want you to compare this...

To this...

Not much difference huh?

I won't upload them yet though.
I think I'll use Skyworld's Lighting on Temporal Tower, the other stages have perfect lighting.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Alright, back.
Now I can tell you my new idea.
Basically it's good old Corneria but it has a LOT of new features...
1- It is double the size.
2- It has a lot of secret places.
3- It has entrances to go INSIDE the plane.
4- It's a lot of fun =)

Might make it even 3 times bigger than before, it might need that.

EDIT:
Got some previews of the modified stages, unfortunately two were corrupted...
The new Temporal Tower:
Needs new lighting, it has FD's Lighting.[/I]

No more buildings, that's all that was changed for now.[/I]
Fixed Mewtwo's Tail[/I]
Random preview showing the clouds under the stage[/I]

I want you to compare this...
To this...
Not much difference huh?

I won't upload them yet though.
I think I'll use Skyworld's Lighting on Temporal Tower, the other stages have perfect lighting.
Mind = Blown These are amazing, and if you can deliver on that larger Corneria with everything you promised I'll love you (no homo).

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Mind = Blown These are amazing, and if you can deliver on that larger Corneria with everything you promised I'll love you (no homo).
You don't have to say no homo, I understand.
Thanks dude!
About that Corneria it's gonna be a bit different, there will -if it is Allah's willing- only be secret entrances, and there are a lot, about 6 or 7, and that should be awesome, along with the resize of the stage itself.
I already resized the stageposition so that's an awesome advancement since you know, it takes a bit of time to do that anyways.

Ahem...
I'm starting to get flooded upon with ideas.
I just noticed that a stage that is...

DISTORTION WORLD!
Muwahahahahahahaha!
I think it should be a series of stages actually, but I don't have to spoil everything especially since I haven't planned the ideas yet.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Made The World That Never Was from Kingdom Hearts:

Awesome, I'm downloading it.
(Omg 18 minutes left..)
(Oh now it's 17)
(Oh now it's 18 again...)

Anyways, should I release the fixed tail Mewtwo in Mewtwo's Lab as the Final Version? I don't have any ideas for that stage anymore so if you have one please say it or it might not be in the hack...
I'll just work on Sky Tower for now.
Oh and here's a bonus: Subspace Adventure
It's for people who like gimmickish kind of play, it's REALLY big.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
While I'm completely fine with it, I don't recall giving anyone permission to use my Mewtwo retexture in a stage.

n64billy

Smash Ace
... with the idea for the distortion world.... would you be able to use the camera tilting events from the Pokemon Shrine stage thingy for that effect?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
... with the idea for the distortion world.... would you be able to use the camera tilting events from the Pokemon Shrine stage thingy for that effect?
Hmm... That's hard but you know, we can always do that in animations, true or false? =)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Have we figured out how to modify knockback in damage, in particular the Ultimate Chimera? Change spawn points of said Ultimate Chimera?

I may just remove the Chimera for my major revamp of the stage, but if it could be modified I may leave it in.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
I disagree with the detail on top. I think with this, and with all of the home-made past-revival stages, we should aim for accuracy to the original. Get it as close to the original as possible with our current state in hacking. Mewtwo2000's Mushroom Kingrdom 64, Saffron City 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 are three very good examples of this. GameWatching's Yoshi's Story Melee stage looks to hopefully be a good example, as well.

Regardless, awesome job, so far! I currently use the other one that's out, but hopefully yours will include a flying carpet and logs. This was one of my favorite stages from Melee. If you need to get an animated carpet from somewhere, you could always retexture the one from Rainbow Cruise. Might be decent enough to fool people; never know.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I disagree with the detail on top. I think with this, and with all of the home-made past-revival stages, we should aim for accuracy to the original. Get it as close to the original as possible with our current state in hacking. Mewtwo2000's Mushroom Kingrdom 64, Saffron City 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 are three very good examples of this. GameWatching's Yoshi's Story Melee stage looks to hopefully be a good example, as well.

Regardless, awesome job, so far! I currently use the other one that's out, but hopefully yours will include a flying carpet and logs. This was one of my favorite stages from Melee. If you need to get an animated carpet from somewhere, you could always retexture the one from Rainbow Cruise. Might be decent enough to fool people; never know.
You've got a really good point there.... But at the same time, others (Like myself) like a bit of extra/less detail, so long as it makes the thing look good...

To me, that cube alone with that texture on it looks great with the added detail on top, but if when the level is fully done and it looks better with the flat green on top, then that can easily be changed again..

Also, keep in mind that those other stages you mentioned are different kinds of stages... Full models with distinct textures, as opposed to an 8-Bit revival..

(Wow, using big words makes me feel fancy :p)

Mit

Smash Ace
Oh, so that is a Mushroom Kingdom II log. I was looking more for the diagonal line design to be strewn across the log. I'm guessing you have that texture applied to whatever you're using, but it's being wrapped around the object in an odd manner. For people who have no clue what I'm talking about, you can get a good look at the stage elements in this vid.

Matteron

Smash Ace

Very early sceenshot, this was made just for size comparison, should I resize anything?

P.S. the textures are screwy because I still have not edited the scene data.

Edit: Fixed scene data.

Top Bottom