• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
EDIT: Tested my stage, I forgot the animation so things got 0 translated...
EDITEDIT: Done!
EDIT: Oops.. Sorry not now.
I just need to move Mewtwo's tail a little bit.
I'm also making a full pack, including SSS and Rules screen.
EDITAWESOME:
THERE YA GO!
Enjoy!
Brawl Previews:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Having read the last page I just gotta throw this in there:
Wifi .rel with no sandbag
Use this if you don't want to use the code AceSe3don posted.
I'm pretty sure I got this from PW's Mediafire back when he made some .rels for his stage expansion code; I changed the "magic byte" so it's a regular WWR .rel now and you can use Bero's tool (or the manual method) to make it whatever you want.
Of course, if a stage also works as a Final Destination replacement, just use that .rel instead.

@Olimario1892, AceSe3don: I feel like I should have an awesome stage in my post like you two do! Am I breaking the pattern? :D

Fen__

Smash Ace
How do you get a stage to work with PAL, anyway?
I think the different regions have some minor differences in the miscdata, if I remember right. I think that's all Mewtwo2000 said was different in the few times he's looked at it, but I may be misremembering (maybe it was even someone else?). Some stages do work, I think, it's just others won't because of those small changes. It probably isn't that big of a problem to fix an NTSC stage to work in PAL, but as has already been pointed out, nobody cares about making things work for a small amount of people outside of their own region, so they're not going to bother looking into learning new things to make a second version to satisfy those few people.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
@Olimario1892, AceSe3don: I feel like I should have an awesome stage in my post like you two do! Am I breaking the pattern? :D
I would love that, how about...
Mystifying Forest?
If you don't know what's that, then maybe try something else.
I'm sure M22k (get it? Mewtwo(M2)2k(2000) :D
Hmm...
Nahh...
Anyways, Mewtwo2000 knows Mystifying Forest for sure, for sure.
Fo sho, fo sho.
Hey guys how about a REAL Temporal Tower as another project for myself? I PMed Mewtwo2000 on KC:MM about it but I think he never responded... :(

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
AceSe3Don: awesome... just so awesome...

can try if that stage works on PAL aswell.
otherwise I can "PALified" it :3 (if it's okay with you)
cause that stage is soo awesome everyone needs it!
Wow thanks!
Sure, PALify it, and upload it to BrawlVault.
Don't forget to mention that I gave you permission cause some people on BrawlVault think they're smart and say "you didn't get permission from X".
So what? Are you his secretary?!

EDIT:
Would this...

...Be good if I retexture it and add a model on the top?
Forget the Sky Background, I had that covered before.

EDITEDIT:
By the way, Ike, Lucario, and IC's Final Smash will kindof screw up on M2's Lab, in order to make them work normally I'll need to import some other collision data (FD.. :p) and use it.
I will also have to remake the collisions, but that isn't THAT hard.
And if you're wondering, yes, that is FD stretched out to make it look like a tower.
There aren't any tower models in Brawl, even if there are, they're pretty much unusable for such a stage.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
An Alpha of Temporal Tower is almost ready, I just need to get some cool lighting, what do you guys suggest for a stage that is like this:

You might not like it that much, but it's an Alpha you see...
...And it's untested :p
EDIT: Fixed all the boundary stuff too, using BrawlWall.

Matteron

Smash Ace
An Alpha of Temporal Tower is almost ready, I just need to get some cool lighting, what do you guys suggest for a stage that is like this:
-tower
You might not like it that much, but it's an Alpha you see...
...And it's untested :p
EDIT: Fixed all the boundary stuff too, using BrawlWall.
Where did you get the model for that???

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Where did you get the model for that???
You like it?
:D
It's FD, with some scale works, to make it look like a tower, and wow.. It looks really good to me.
Anyways, I'm making an SSS pack for it and -if it is Allah's willing- I will upload it before I go to bed.

That white stuff down there can be deleted.

I personally think even though this is an Alpha and I didn't work that much on it, it's amazing.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
You turned FD into a 1000ft tower?!?!
Amazing work!
Thanks!
:)
Alright, here's the link!
Temporal Tower Alpha
Feedback please :D

Now I need to get working on Vast Ice Mountain... Though that stage freezes when I try to make it, I've tried like 4 times now.
Maybe I should work slowly to see what's making it freeze.

EDIT: I think my stages are worth it... Well here's a teaser of how my next stage will -if it is Allah's willing- be:

It's called... Sky Tower, where you fight Rayquaza.
From this you can guess which stage and models I might use.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey Olimario1892, remember I was working on upgrading your Swordplay stage?

I'm asking for permission on submitting it.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Hey Olimario1892, remember I was working on upgrading your Swordplay stage?

I'm asking for permission on submitting it.
Go right on ahead, just as long as you give credit. BTW what did you do to fix it? I was actually looking at it earlier today and thought it might have something to do with palettes but IDK.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i really wouldn't worry about it. its probably in the thousands and most pacs won't get anywhere near big enough to make it crash on size alone.

my SSB64 Intro has over 40 models in it and runs fine.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If anything fails, make it on 75m. If Robzdablades can do all that stuff in it, it must have Uber high limit.

Don't worry Olimario1892, I'll credit you, of course.
About the changes... expect the best! ^^

Matteron

Smash Ace
One small request for anyone who has like five seconds on there hands.
I need someone to vertex the stage builder cube into a cylander, I don't care how low poly it is, if someone does it, I'll be making something with a II in is name...

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I don't know anything in vertexing.

EDIT: Alright, time for Brawlbox pics again :)
Compare this...

To this...

Looks not that bad, but needs retexturing.
Might make one with a single platform if someone wants to.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
One small request for anyone who has like five seconds on there hands.
I need someone to vertex the stage builder cube into a cylander, I don't care how low poly it is, if someone does it, I'll be making something with a II in is name...
You do realise that there's 1 quad to every side of a cube, right? You'd still end up with a cube in the end. :p What about the pillar in the ruins parts or the silo-like thingy in the mechanical parts?

Matteron

Smash Ace
You do realise that there's 1 quad to every side of a cube, right? You'd still end up with a cube in the end. :p What about the pillar in the ruins parts or the silo-like thingy in the mechanical parts?
...I'm not thinking...ugh
Well does anyone know where to find a cylinder?
Edit: But each face of the cube has 9 vertex points. Shouldn't that be enough, because technically, the cube should have 4 vertex points per side.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
...I'm not thinking...ugh
Well does anyone know where to find a cylinder?
Edit: But each face of the cube has 9 vertex points. Shouldn't that be enough, because technically, the cube should have 4 vertex points per side.
Yeah, still think you should use the pillar model.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Am I seriously invisible? Use the stage builder pillar model from the ruins background or even the silo-thingy from the mechanical one. There's even a tree in the sky one. They're all cylindrical! Heck, even use the item capsule if you want. And if you must use a character model, use a sword or Parasol handle or something.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Am I seriously invisible? Use the stage builder pillar model from the ruins background or even the silo-thingy from the mechanical one. There's even a tree in the sky one. They're all cylindrical! Heck, even use the item capsule if you want. And if you must use a character model, use a sword or Parasol handle or something.
Hmm...nope, no ideas come to mind
jk

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Hey guys, check this out, actual Brawl Previews of my stage, Sky Tower:
Before texturing:

After Texturing:

Looks better in game for some reason... I mean in these pictures you can't tell if there's a cloud or not...
Anyways, I think it's amazing except for the fact that I can't remove those buildings, I tried by texturing and it didn't work, I would go for polygon deleter, but it would take too long...
Here's a download if anyone wants to help or just try it, it's a big stage if you didn't guess yet, it doesn't look like it though. I also have to make the bottom to look like a... tower.
Download
Please help me disable those things!

EDIT:

Hmm... I have to make my stage better I think.

Hmm...

Hmm.......

Hmmmmm....
Very interesting.
I'm not sure if I can find a good model, but I think I found good ones in ef_common.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Hey guys, check this out, actual Brawl Previews of my stage, Sky Tower:
Before texturing:

After Texturing:

Looks better in game for some reason... I mean in these pictures you can't tell if there's a cloud or not...
Anyways, I think it's amazing except for the fact that I can't remove those buildings, I tried by texturing and it didn't work, I would go for polygon deleter, but it would take too long...
Here's a download if anyone wants to help or just try it, it's a big stage if you didn't guess yet, it doesn't look like it though. I also have to make the bottom to look like a... tower.
Download
Please help me disable those things!
Can you send me a version with the buildings textured? I'll be able to disable them if I can see what I'm doing :p

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Can you send me a version with the buildings textured? I'll be able to disable them if I can see what I'm doing :p
That would be hard... Sorry but I can't.
You can get those textures from STGPALUTENA if you want to.
Anyways, back to square one, I have to update Mewtwo's Lab with something at least.
Any ideas of what I should add to Mewtwo's Lab?
I don't run out of ideas often so that's weird :p
Maybe it's just complete?

EDIT: Found some cool fire models, I can use them for project Mewtwo but for now, is there a way to add offensive collisions to stages right now?

Matteron

Smash Ace
That would be hard... Sorry but I can't.
You can get those textures from STGPALUTENA if you want to.
Anyways, back to square one, I have to update Mewtwo's Lab with something at least.
Any ideas of what I should add to Mewtwo's Lab?
I don't run out of ideas often so that's weird :p
Maybe it's just complete?

EDIT: Found some cool fire models, I can use them for project Mewtwo but for now, is there a way to add offensive collisions to stages right now?
All right I'll probably get them all removed by tomorrow, but also, try deleting the textures from the texture data that correspond with the building, that should make them disapear, if it doesn't then I'll go ahead and use my method.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
All right I'll probably get them all removed by tomorrow, but also, try deleting the textures from the texture data that correspond with the building, that should make them disapear, if it doesn't then I'll go ahead and use my method.
But wouldn't that freeze the game?

EDIT: Is there any Giratina model somewhere?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
It won't freeze.
Oh? Cool, thanks!
I don't think there's a Giratina model out there.
Well, there is always extensive vertexing...
Uhh... No...
Maybe a 2d Giratina would look good far away?
I'm talking about Distortion World :p
Basically, a retextured Dark Bug BG with a couple of rocks, and a rocky blueish platform would be good.
And we add Giratina to the mix, there we go.
But I don't think I'd start that now, anyways...
I retextured the sky in Temporal Tower, I removed the water and the Hidden Land...
Why? Cause if the sky was
red and black
all the time, it wouldn't look exactly like this:

Or this:

What am I getting at?
The stage will be at the top of the tower, the sky will be visible, and finally, there will be clouds under the half of Temporal Tower, to make it look like you're far enough up, respectively.
There will also be a bottom part, another stage that you play at the entrance of Temporal Tower.
The tower will be much much bigger than before, and really you can expect all kinds of stuff, like a stage where you play on the entrance, and another one inside the tower (that be hard), and then the Temporal Spire, and finally the Temporal Pinnacle.
This -if it is Allah's willing- is what I'll be doing.

Top Bottom