• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
my google chrome refuses to load large smashboards threads...

and TomoPuppy are you I'llbegin who sometimes joins KC:MM chat?
Yeah. I'm called that in another community that has their IRC channel on the same server as KC-MM's.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Anyone know how to speed up BACKGROUND animations? In particular, I'm referring to Chuy's Stormy Destination, where the clouds scroll horizontally across the stage. I want to know how to speed those up to get sort of a "doomsday storm" feel to it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I guess I could forget about games and get my old independent drivers for Brawl Box to work, as I really need it. Besides, I just got Modnation Racers and Final Fantasy III on DS, so I don't really need my newest PC games. Also, I'll work less than I should because I have summer school (Yep, I failed one class because our teacher was a lazy *beep* that wouldn't do anything the whole year, and no student complained, so a lot of us are going to it). Starts tomorrow, by the way. Wish me luck, I guess. Will finally learn something in sciences, even though I had another science class (Environmental, physics, etc) where the teacher we had was actually awesome, so that helped me get a few good grades in the other science class, but most of us failed the final exam because it asked us things we never learned before, such as a "Fire triangle". You tell me what that is.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Anyone know how to speed up BACKGROUND animations? In particular, I'm referring to Chuy's Stormy Destination, where the clouds scroll horizontally across the stage. I want to know how to speed those up.
Controlled through srt0 data which we can't edit yet
Don't try using an animation though as the cloud model only has one bone

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Controlled through srt0 data which we can't edit yet
Don't try using an animation though as the cloud model only has one bone
So it IS the srt0 files... I was hoping there was a way around that, but I guess not. Oh well, it'll have to wait, then.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Will finally learn something in sciences, even though I had another science class (Environmental, physics, etc) where the teacher we had was actually awesome, so that helped me get a few good grades in the other science class, but most of us failed the final exam because it asked us things we never learned before, such as a "Fire triangle". You tell me what that is.
Off topic, but the fire triangle is the 3 things needed for a fire to burn, which is heat, fuel, and oxygen.

Mit

Smash Ace
You know, people complain about the fat trees a lot, but they're pretty fat in the original as well:

If anything, the tree trunks look fine and the leaves look too small. Looks as if the entire stage needs to be widened a bit as well.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i did another error D:

if you compare the original base platform with that one !!

it took for me long time to make it !
and that turned out bad :urg:

Mit

Smash Ace
That width atleast looks a lot better. The ramps should probably dip at a tiny bit steeper angle though (which I'm sure wouldn't be an easy change D: )

Some other things: The weird out of focus texture for the railing in front is just going to be more obstructive than the original, smaller railing texture. The very bottom texture for the wood features extending down from the platform could be a bit better. The leaf textures on the trees could be a bit better. Currently it looks like it's some kind of .gif with no partial transparency, hence the weird reddish glow around them.

With those few changes that could be looking near perfect.

Also, random Melee picture for those curious about any differences it might have:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Off topic, but the fire triangle is the 3 things needed for a fire to burn, which is heat, fuel, and oxygen.
Yeah, thanks, I've been looking for some information about it. That's something I could have actually learned if I didn't have such a stupid and lazy teacher. Also, first day was pretty cool, it looks like I'm the only one in the whole class who works correctly, as I've had no problem doing the work we got so far, unlike everyone else. I don't really feel like I should be here, but atleast I'm refreshing my memory a bit.

Edit: Wait, that reminds me, I know why I failed this class. Even though we didn't learn anything, I still had another science teacher, who helped me a lot, so I easily did the work he would give us from time to time (Time to time being one time per 3 weeks), but there was one work where he said we could give it to him at the end of school (I was almost done), so I continued it in English class, but my teacher saw it and confiscated it, and my teacher said he'd be leaving at 3:05, so I was in hurry and just took the paper from her desk and ran away to his class. That's when he said he was actually going to be there until 3:15, but I was like "No problem, at least he got the work now.". It was the next day that my English teacher came in my French class and gave me a paper, where I had to write an excuse letter to her, and ask my parents to sign the paper, and I had a detention with her. Not only that, but my science teacher said he never found my work, even though it was in the pile of his work (I saw it). But, since he hated me for some kind of reason, he wouldn't look at the pile, so I got 0%, on an important work that counted for A LOT, so that's probably why I got less than 60%, because I always had 85% and more before.

Anyway, I don't think you want to know about my life, so if you reply, after that, we should get back to the topic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whispy somehow looks so...stranded there. XD

Or he sticks out. Whichever fits more.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i admire the attempt, but it feels like the base isn't as rounded as it should be... still, good work. makin' me step up on my own version.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Whispy somehow looks so...stranded there. XD

Or he sticks out. Whichever fits more.
I knows he's stranded there XD

i admire the attempt, but it feels like the base isn't as rounded as it should be... still, good work. makin' me step up on my own version.
I'm still trying to get to stage to be in better proportions but thanks though

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
A lot of awesome work in this thread, but it makes me feel like I'm so far behind in what's happened in the custom content department. I haven't made any custom stuff since STASH and ASH were the main programs. Someone wanna PM me and get me up to date?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
A lot of awesome work in this thread, but it makes me feel like I'm so far behind in what's happened in the custom content department. I haven't made any custom stuff since STASH and ASH were the main programs. Someone wanna PM me and get me up to date?
All I'm saying is this: BrawlBox.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I've been playing a lot of N64 recently so I have a lot of ideas for stages. I may start working on stuff from OoT and Banjo-Kazooie specifically. Btw has anyone made a clocktown stage from Majora's Mask? I was thinking about giving that a shot.

Mit

Smash Ace
I failz at scaling
In case anybody is wondering this is all through vertex editing
I'm liking this. Keep it simple, get the proportions right, add a platform, and release it I say >.> The main base platform already looks great from the Melee stage, I don't see rounding it out being very important. That just seems less friendly to Brawl's camera, and more likely to look bad due to it looking polygonal from not being able to make it round enough.

It could just be like a "Melee"-styled Classic Dreamland. Only Whispy would need to be moved over a bit.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Okay, so I've been playing a lot of N64 recently so I have a lot of ideas for stages. I may start working on stuff from OoT and Banjo-Kazooie specifically. Btw has anyone made a clocktown stage from Majora's Mask? I was thinking about giving that a shot.
I'm planning on making a collab with some people to make a Clock Town stage as complete as possible. Keep an eye for it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
If that question was addressed to me, then I am on my way of being 17. Yep, I'm young. People always think I'm old.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm liking this. Keep it simple, get the proportions right, add a platform, and release it I say >.> The main base platform already looks great from the Melee stage, I don't see rounding it out being very important. That just seems less friendly to Brawl's camera, and more likely to look bad due to it looking polygonal from not being able to make it round enough.

It could just be like a "Melee"-styled Classic Dreamland. Only Whispy would need to be moved over a bit.
Thanks for the suggestions here's what i plan on doing
1.As of right now fighting on the stage is kinda awkward so i'm trying to find a good balance

2.Getting the water in and kinda sorta scaling it to match the stage

3.Adding the fence thing at the sides and maybe find some flowers/bushes to add along the stage

4.And adding the third platform

What's with the age thing all of a sudden? o.O

n64billy

Smash Ace
And since we're on this off-topic. I'm also 18, but I'll be 19 in a couple of weeks.
I'm turning 18 next month... how is that young...?

I find it better than the average 13-15 year old group.. (No offence to those younger guys.. some of them have serious skill..!)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Thanks for the suggestions here's what i plan on doing
1.As of right now fighting on the stage is kinda awkward so i'm trying to find a good balance

2.Getting the water in and kinda sorta scaling it to match the stage

3.Adding the fence thing at the sides and maybe find some flowers/bushes to add along the stage

4.And adding the third platform

What's with the age thing all of a sudden? o.O
how are you planning on removing the apples?

Top Bottom