• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

Wolfy76700

Smash Rookie
Could we please have some user-friendly software which would allow us to change the music mapping?

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I dont think this works with homebrew. I tried it and it just boots to the Wii homescreen. I think it may have to do with the RSBE01.gct file, because I forgot it at first and it worked fine. It started rebooting after I added the RSBE01.gct. I have Wii menu 4.3U and the latest Homebrew Channel. I used the letterbomb exploit.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I dont think this works with homebrew. I tried it and it just boots to the Wii homescreen. I think it may have to do with the RSBE01.gct file, because I forgot it at first and it worked fine. It started rebooting after I added the RSBE01.gct. I have Wii menu 4.3U and the latest Homebrew Channel. I used the letterbomb exploit.
Try replacing the gameconfig.txt file with this one.
http://smashboards.com/threads/too-many-codes-issue.408163/#post-19534949

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Ayy it works. Thanks.
Edit: Uh oh. I changed to the 38 stage pack and everything worked fine. However, when I got to Stage 1A, it crashed when I go to the SSS. Prevbases are 128x128. Do I make them smaller again? If so, what size? Thanks.

Last edited:

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Ayy it works. Thanks.
Edit: Uh oh. I changed to the 38 stage pack and everything worked fine. However, when I got to Stage 1A, it crashed when I go to the SSS. Prevbases are 128x128. Do I make them smaller again? If so, what size? Thanks.
You gotta make them 88x88 in order for them to work

Cahalan

Smash Ace
@ libertyernie libertyernie I just want to put this out there: Currently on Windows 10, Brawl Box 0.76 in its current state cannot preview models as it results in a opengl32.dll error. However older versions can surprisingly still view models on Windows 10, just without the fancy camera effects (being able to see textures that rely on the camera angle) and some textures don't show up, but hey at least it works. Hopefully this will get looked at.

error.png

Also Some models via your Brawl Managers show up, but some times they don't have all the textures loaded.

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way I could get a version with the basic PM first screen, the +16 ver. second screen and expansion stages disabled in random?

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
So I've used both BrawlBox and the Brawl stage manager but i can't seem to get the map select icon correct. Every time i try to replace it, this happens

Everything is fine except this and i'm not sure what to do. how do i fix this?

Edit: sorry about that, never mind. I figured it out. The format was CI8 instead of RGB5A3. I'll just leave it here just incase anyone else gets the same problem.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I am actually having a problem with that specific icon as well. It shows up in black and white ingame for some reason. The format is CI8 but every other icon is CI8 as well so I didn't think that would be the problem. I'll try changing it later and see if that fixes it.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, the music for some of the stages are getting corrupted for some reason. One of the stages just has very loud static when it used to play just fine. I haven't edited the music as far as I know that would cause this to happen. What do I do?

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Have you replaced music at all? I know from previous versions if I changed music directly on the SD card it would get corrupted pretty easily. I started just keeping a working copy on my pc and whenever I wanted to update my SD card I would format it and copy over everything at once. It's kind of a pain in the ass but it definitely helped keep things running smoothly.

Rage83

Smash Ace
3.6 full is out at the moment, so is an update to the stage template in the works?

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
3.6 full is out at the moment, so is an update to the stage template in the works?
All we really need is a codeset update, after that you would just import your 3.6b files into 3.6.

Last edited:

Wolfy76700

Smash Rookie
I basically use my old codeset since I didn't want the new ASL stages and use my old mappings but was there any gameplay-wise tweaks affiliated to this codeset ? (Wavedash, etc.)

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
How would I add more stages than are in the preset packs? I.e. I want 50 stages instead of 38

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
How would I add more stages than are in the preset packs? I.e. I want 50 stages instead of 38
Unless you want to use ASL, it's currently impossible. The 36 stage version is the highest number of stages you can add to the stage select screen without crashing the game.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Unless you want to use ASL, it's currently impossible. The 36 stage version is the highest number of stages you can add to the stage select screen without crashing the game.
I've read that Nebulon's Brawl4All pack has like 5 stage selection screens. Is that possible with PM?
That + stage expansion + ASL would be mindblowing!

EDIT: By the way, has anyone had any luck adding the stage expansion to 3.6 full?
I replaced the 3.6 full stage codes with my 3.6 beta ones (the ones shown in Brawl SSS Editor), moved the stage files (PACs and RELs) and moved sc_selmap to the new build, but custom stages don't load.
I did this so that I can keep the stage order and even tried adding the random and song codes and still didn't work.

So does anyone have a working 3.6 full + 36 stages expansion codeset?
Or can someone explain how to update the codeset? I'd really appreciate that.

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
I've read that Nebulon's Brawl4All pack has like 5 stage selection screens. Is that possible with PM?
That + stage expansion + ASL would be mindblowing!

EDIT: By the way, has anyone had any luck adding the stage expansion to 3.6 full?
I replaced the 3.6 full stage codes with my 3.6 beta ones (the ones shown in Brawl SSS Editor), moved the stage files (PACs and RELs) and moved sc_selmap to the new build, but custom stages don't load.
I did this so that I can keep the stage order and even tried adding the random and song codes and still didn't work.

So does anyone have a working 3.6 full + 36 stages expansion codeset?
Or can someone explain how to update the codeset? I'd really appreciate that.
I have the 34 stage expansion codeset ported to 3.6 fully functional by using Brawlbox to put in the codes manually. I used the codeset.txt that was included in the 3.6 beta expansion pack for the proper codes.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I have the 34 stage expansion codeset ported to 3.6 fully functional by using Brawlbox to put in the codes manually. I used the codeset.txt that was included in the 3.6 beta expansion pack for the proper codes.
Hmm interesting, I am also having trouble with porting the stage expansion to 3.6 full. All that happens is that one extra training room gets added to the SSS and nothing else and I used the correct sc_selmap.pac too. Do you think you could perhaps upload your RSBE01.gct?

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Hmm interesting, I am also having trouble with porting the stage expansion to 3.6 full. All that happens is that one extra training room gets added to the SSS and nothing else and I used the correct sc_selmap.pac too. Do you think you could perhaps upload your RSBE01.gct?
Sure thing, just give me a minute to rebuild it again since I edited the ASL code for my custom build.
Edit: Here's the 34 Expansion Pack files. Lemme know how it works for ya.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing, just give me a minute to rebuild it again since I edited the ASL code for my custom build.
I actually just figured it out for the 36 Stage Expansion Pack, I forgot to remove the default SSS Code in Vanilla 3.6 Codeset which is why it wasn't working, but thanks anyways!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I am actually having a problem with that specific icon as well. It shows up in black and white ingame for some reason. The format is CI8 but every other icon is CI8 as well so I didn't think that would be the problem. I'll try changing it later and see if that fixes it.
I too am having this issue with the icon for 0C, although it shows up less as "black and white" and more as "all the colors are wrong and everything is a weird shade of yellow".

Anyone know how to fix that?

Last edited:

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Please, guys, if you're going to bring codes, make sure you have enough for the rest of the class! :bluejump:
If you're still pulling your hair out (like me the last few hours :upsidedown:), please stop.
Anyway, here's the codeset for 3.6 full stage expansion (+36 stages selected by default).

I tried my best to keep it clean and easy to read in case someone wants to modify it. If you get any problems with it, or make a better version, please let me know.

Last edited:

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
On your codeset, Stadium 2 is completely broken. It loads the Stadium songs and the stages are black except for platforms. Its not me, the rels and stages all work on the 3.6b codeset

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
What codes in particular would I remove if I want to get rid of the hidden Z-button stages? I'm terrible with programming, haha.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
On your codeset, Stadium 2 is completely broken. It loads the Stadium songs and the stages are black except for platforms. Its not me, the rels and stages all work on the 3.6b codeset
The stage playing the wrong music is because the PM dev team had swapped the music tracks for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Saffron City so that Stadium 2 could have its original music while being over Stadium 1's slot. I am not experiencing any issue with it loading a black stage though. That usually only happens when a stage is using the wrong .rel file so I would double check that.

What codes in particular would I remove if I want to get rid of the hidden Z-button stages? I'm terrible with programming, haha.
Look up the newest version of the ASL Tool and use that to remove them.

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
The stage playing the wrong music is because the PM dev team had swapped the music tracks for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Saffron City so that Stadium 2 could have its original music while being over Stadium 1's slot. I am not experiencing any issue with it loading a black stage though. That usually only happens when a stage is using the wrong .rel file so I would double check that.
I promise you that its the right .rel file. I only copy and pasted it from my 3.6b build.

Anyway, I decided to stick with 3.6b and just port the necessary character files and assets without using the new codeset, I've had no issues.

If anyone would be so generous as to provide a codeset for 3.6 that reverts the Poke Stadium bull****, please let me know.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to hear my codeset is causing you trouble.
For me, the music seems right and both Pokemon Stadium stages load correctly. Even after I replaced the SSS order with the one I used in 3.6b.

However, if there is a mistake in the codeset and someone can pinpoint what it is or even fix it, I'd be grateful! :bluejump:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I can confirm that this works, but I'm running into a problem that may be unrelated.

Basically any stage I replace won't load. I'm trying to put this stage over STGCUSTOM03. I rename the PAC file, convert a module file to a st_customXX.rel, rename it to correspond with the PAC file, but the stage won't load. Also, the stage portrait is black and white for some reason...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: Just tried it again with a different stage. It worked... Are stages that go over hanenbow incompatible?
Also, is there any way to get multiple songs to play on a stage?

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
This is moreso towards the actual selmap file but
I want to replace Metal Cavern's Super Smash Bros logo with a Pokemon logo, but unfortunately I'm having trouble figuring out how to "redirect" that. I was gonna move Metal Cavern over to an expansion stage.

Also, I'm rusty on Brawl modding; can expansion stages have logos too for the franchise and source game?

Nvm, found out where those files went.

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Please, guys, if you're going to bring codes, make sure you have enough for the rest of the class! :bluejump:
If you're still pulling your hair out (like me the last few hours :upsidedown:), please stop.
Anyway, here's the codeset for 3.6 full stage expansion (+36 stages selected by default).

I tried my best to keep it clean and easy to read in case someone wants to modify it. If you get any problems with it, or make a better version, please let me know.
I tried this codeset and putting it into Project M makes the launcher unable to launch Project M as a whole. It sends me back to the Wii Menu.
I use hackless if that means anything.

damn i hate bumping..

EDIT: tinkered around with it some. the codes work fine up until i add the custom music codes...
EDIT2: alright, got it, it ends up there's too many codes and it won't load. i'm using the PM launcher...

it's just in. i'm a moron. i assumed gameconfig.txt was the same as the one i had already. whoops!

Last edited:

Finalbrez

Smash Rookie
If anyone would be so generous as to provide a codeset for 3.6 that reverts the Poke Stadium bull****, please let me know
I asked for this on reddit, and they delivered. It doesn't revert it in My Music, but that doesn't matter much. Just remove the code listed below to revert the Pokemon Stadium 2 tracklist. Link to the original post here.

Project M Pokemon Stadium 1/2 Tracklist Swapper (3.6)
c210f9b4 00000005
2c030014 41820010
2c03002e 41820010
48000010 3860002e
48000008 38600014
7c0903a6 00000000

Also, as for bringing the expansion stages over to 3.6, isn't it as easy as just inserting the Stage Roster Expansion System v2.0 into the default Project M codeset. I just modified the static_codes.txt for GCTedit to have that in it, so I can easily turn it on and off. I haven't tested it yet, but I only use it to replace a few stages with ones that have icons that aren't fixed to multiple stage.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I should probably update the link on the main page for 3.6. I haven't tried Jon Nathan's codeset yet but it looks correct to me.

I did just update Brawl Stage Manager (http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/) which should help people figure out if their sc_selmaps are too big, and resize previews (you can do all of them at once - it's in the Tools menu as Resize All Prevbases.) It can replace MenSelmapMarks as well as change which MenSelmapMark any given stage uses.

It also includes a change to BrawlLib that gets 3D models working in VirtualBox again. It hasn't made it into Brawlbox yet but it will next time BJ updates that. I'm not sure why they won't work on certain computers - must be something with 3D graphics hardware and OpenTK.

seanbb

Smash Cadet
I should probably update the link on the main page for 3.6. I haven't tried Jon Nathan's codeset yet but it looks correct to me.

I did just update Brawl Stage Manager (http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/) which should help people figure out if their sc_selmaps are too big, and resize previews (you can do all of them at once - it's in the Tools menu as Resize All Prevbases.) It can replace MenSelmapMarks as well as change which MenSelmapMark any given stage uses.

It also includes a change to BrawlLib that gets 3D models working in VirtualBox again. It hasn't made it into Brawlbox yet but it will next time BJ updates that. I'm not sure why they won't work on certain computers - must be something with 3D graphics hardware and OpenTK.
I love u <3

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice

Glad I can help!

By the way, I love the new version which recognizes the module files for the ASL stages. That's super helpful especially when I'm working on a 500+ stage build! :bluejump:

Also, I think it would be very useful to be able to set compression type (ExtendedLZ77 saves a lot of space without having to resize images and loads just fine in-game)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
For the 0C icon, I do remember I had to make the white background an off-white to get it to look correct. I haven't tried it in 3.6 final yet, but I'll do that soon.

EDIT: I posted the 3.6 final version to the OP! Thanks to Jon Nathan for the codeset file.

Last edited:
Top Bottom