• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It would be really weird for them to cut WW Link just as they re-released WW. Doesn't make any sense.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
That's not Arena Ferox.

That's Skyloft from Skyward Sword.

In fact, am I drunk or is the Skyward Sword stages fly around similar to the one in Project M?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I swear to god, that image was different before. I posted this before WFT's confirmation. Ignore the third image. Look at the top two. Arena Ferox?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Battlefield (3DS):

Battlefield (WiiU):

Gerudo Valley: (Ocarina of Time 3D)

Spirit Tracks stage:

Skyloft: (Zelda: Skyward Sword)

Unknown stage/adventure mode stage: (correct me if you know)

Arena Ferox: (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Nintendog Room:

Super Mario 3D Land stage(s):

Animal Crossing: City Folk stage(s):

Dr. Wily's Castle: (Mega Man original series)

Fighting Ring:

Wii Fit stage: <no pic yet>

Credit to IGN and GameSpot.

I don't know which Battlefield stage I love best. Both are incredible, even if they are just recycled designs from SSBB's version. The 3DS version has lightning. :o

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am really excited for all of these stages! The Spirit Tracks stage looks epic! A while ago, I wrote up a stage idea for a Nintendogs stage. I am really excited to see them use that franchise in Smash! The Dr. Willy Stage looks absolutely epic. So much nolstagia in one screen! As for the event ring, I have a feeling that could be Little Mac (if a character) or possibly a Super Punch-Out!! themed stage. I know people were throwing that idea around a bit. Anyways, the graphics look amazing and the stages all look interesting and creative.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
so that fighting ring is indeed from punch-out semi confirming Mac and not just a generic ring with smash bros logo's on it right?

I get paranoid sometimes.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I hope the whole version-exclusive thing means that we'll have double the amount of new stages from Brawl. (if you combine the number of 3DS and WiiU stages)

I for one hope that they have a PMD2 stage based on Temporal Tower or Vast Ice Mountain as they appear in the dark future, or a Glacier Palace stage from PMD4: Gates to Infinity.

Even if there isn't a stage, at least put in some music tracks. D:
---

Since the 3DS version has a FE: Awakening stage, I'm assuming that the WiiU version will have a counterpart; a stage from Radiant Dawn.

There haven't been any main series Pokemon games for the Gamecube, Wii, and WiiU, so will the WiiU version have an original stage called Pokemon Stadium 3, while the 3DS version has N's Castle or Castelia City? Maybe the WiiU version will have a stage from a side-series game like Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Colosseum, or PokePark Wii?
---

Also, about past stages, I was wondering:
If they bring back past stages, do you think the 3DS version will have stages from SSB64, while the WiiU version has stages from SSBB? I guess both versions would have past stages from SSBM.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The stages all look amazing. The idea of 3DS stages being based on handheld games, while Wii U's stages are based on home console games is interesting.

I think there should be past stages from the three previous games, albeit differing from version. I think the N64 stages should be in both versions, while Melee's stages could have counterparts between versions (Rainbow Ride in one version, Princess Peach's Castle in another, for example)... Brawl's stages would follow a similar premise (Norfair in one version, Frigate Orpheon in another).

Another idea I had is for both Flat Zones and the Ice Climber stages. (One version could have Flat Zone 1 and Summit, while other could have Flat Zone 2 and Icicle Mountain, so it's one Brawl stage and one Melee stage from these two franchises.)

If these return, Hanenbow and PictoChat will likely end up in the 3DS version, since both are based on DS software.

Speaking of stages, do you think the My Music feature will return?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since I'm only getting the WiiU version, the returning stages in HD would be awesome. Especially Fountain of Dreams.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Even King Dedede has a ring like that.
Tried to say this to people before but they won't have any of it. Personally, with the spires of fire and stuff in the background, I'm not so sure it's Punch-Out! related per se.

so will the WiiU version have an original stage called Pokemon Stadium 3, while the 3DS version has N's Castle or Castelia City? .
This would be great.

Speaking of stages, do you think the My Music feature will return?
I feel like it absolutely has to, or that'd be a major let-down.

If nothing else but the sheer number of great Mega Man tracks for his stage(s?).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i love all the zelda stages, it's funny though i really wanted a stage just like the spirit train one and i got it

a similar thing happened with brawl and the pirate ship

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For me, stages were the most disappointing part of Sm4sh's reveal. They all look so bland to me, all flat, most of them three platforms and that's it, with a boring still background. Also, poor selection: two stages from Mario 3D Land.
Some of them are simply bad looking like the Nintendogs one.
I don't know, I hope it's one of these things: 1) development is really really REALLY behind, and in the end the quality will be much better, 2) the stages will be A LOT, A VERY LOT, and some of them won't be that good simply, 3) those are actually custom ones created with the new editor (in that case, **** ****ing ****ity yeah).
Also the Fire Emblem one is just incredibly lazy, doesn't look like it. Gerudo Valley seems too big and with nothing in it. Wily's Castle is Smash Flash - quality, like really. No offense for Smash Flash which is great, but c'mon, the real thing has to be better.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
For me, stages were the most disappointing part of Sm4sh's reveal. They all look so bland to me, all flat, most of them three platforms and that's it, with a boring still background.
I do have to admit that the stages do look a little empty. Some of them aren't even three platforms.

They went from fun stage-designs pissing competitive players off for being too hazardous to dull stage-designs pissing the people who enjoy the game "casually" off.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
the audience in the ring appear to be all humans though.

If it's Dedede's ring, then its should have Kirby enemies as the audience.
Good point! I still wonder if it will work nearly like my idea of a ring stage described in the previous page.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Holy crap, Wii U Battlefield looks incredible.

Anywho, I think that the Fighting Ring stage is from Punch-Out. Or is that too obvious? Maybe its a 3rd balanced Smash Bros series stage like Battlefield or Final Destination.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Not so incredible. Just very good. It could be better if it has some variables like rain and thunderstorm. Do you remember the Sagat stage from Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Im really in love with all of the Wii U stages but a bit underwhelmed by the 3DS except for the spirit tracks stage that is pure genius

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Im really in love with all of the Wii U stages but a bit underwhelmed by the 3DS except for the spirit tracks stage that is pure genius
Good but not so genius really, there already was a stage like that in The Outfoxies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z61OHZSSBsk&t=7m0s
Maybe it's just a coincidence the game was developed by Namco as well, but I hope there will be more stages like it's ones.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Gerudo Valley looks awesome. I hope the bridge can break.

I also really like the Spirit Tracks stage. Do we know how fast the train moves, though? I'm assuming you can be on the ground next to it but I'm curious as to whether it's sort of a Big Blue deal where you can't stay on it without dying or if it's slow enough that you can walk or run along it. I think an alternation between the two with the train changing speeds as the battle progressed would make for an interesting stage.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I for one hope that they have a PMD2 stage based on Temporal Tower or Vast Ice Mountain as they appear in the dark future, or a Glacier Palace stage from PMD4: Gates to Infinity.

Even if there isn't a stage, at least put in some music tracks. D:
I second that! PLEASE NINTENDO!

but, yeah. music from that game would be awesome. especially this and this. SO MUCH GREAT MUSIC!

ahh, the memories. kinda makes me want to revive my grovyle thread.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
For me, stages were the most disappointing part of Sm4sh's reveal. They all look so bland to me, all flat, most of them three platforms and that's it, with a boring still background. Also, poor selection: two stages from Mario 3D Land.
Some of them are simply bad looking like the Nintendogs one.
I don't know, I hope it's one of these things: 1) development is really really REALLY behind, and in the end the quality will be much better, 2) the stages will be A LOT, A VERY LOT, and some of them won't be that good simply, 3) those are actually custom ones created with the new editor (in that case, **** ****ing ****ity yeah).
Also the Fire Emblem one is just incredibly lazy, doesn't look like it. Gerudo Valley seems too big and with nothing in it. Wily's Castle is Smash Flash - quality, like really. No offense for Smash Flash which is great, but c'mon, the real thing has to be better.
Remember when the Yellow Devil showed up at the end of the 1st trailer with Megaman? Well i'm fairly certain he's a stage hazard for Wily's Castle(I may be wrong of course).

I don't think those are both Mario 3d land stages. The first one looks more like New SMB2, another 3DS game.

Also the stages aren't nearly as bland as you think. The Nintendogs stage looks okay. They obviously wanted it to look cute and thrown together, that's why it's made out of blocks, and there's a Nintendog playing in the background. Doesn't seem still and boting to me. GerudoValley has two platforms, a (likely) destructible bridge, a waterfall in the background, and some of the best music Zelda has to offer, bewtter than Bridge of Eldin if you ask me.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I think the 3D Land stage might go through transitions, but a second stage from NSMB2 would be nice as long it's noticeably different from the 3D Land stage.

I think it'll be kind of like Rainbow Cruise, but a 3D Land version... if that makes any sense.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I think the 3D Land stage might go through transitions, but a second stage from NSMB2 would be nice as long it's noticeably different from the 3D Land stage.
A NSMB2 stage is innevitable. Mario does always get more stages than anybody else. 2 in Smash64, 4 in melee, 5 in brawl (if you count Luigi's mansion). I would be surprised if each version didn't get atleast 4.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Seems as if the Skyloft stage is a moving stage much like Delphino Plaza. 6:00 mins in

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Anywho, I think that the Fighting Ring stage is from Punch-Out. Or is that too obvious? Maybe its a 3rd balanced Smash Bros series stage like Battlefield or Final Destination.
I hope it's not Final Destination 4. That movie was cool and all, but Having it as a fighting ring is so...generic. I hope it stays as the ethereal platform it's always been.

I'm hoping that the ring is a Punch-Out! stage. People have wanted one like this since the pre-Brawl days.

Top Bottom