• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

PF9

Smash Lord
Another good DLC stage would be Tourian. Brinstar and Norfair have stages, so why not Tourian? A good music track for a Tourian stage would be "Metroid Original Medley" - which would function similar to the KI medley on Skyworld, but with music tracks from Metroid.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It bothers me we didn't get a real 3rd Flat Zone stage. Just a collaboration with 1 & 2.
These are ones that I figured could've been possible stages.

ishaboi

Better than ZeRo
are there official tournament approved stages yet? or does it vary from tournament to tournament

xCerealSoup

Smash Cadet
NNID
OcarinaHeart
Smash 4's been pretty great in terms of stages, kinda wish Corneria was on Wii U though as that's easily one of my favorite Smash stages. Though, my favorite overall is probably Town and City, it's pretty much perfect I think, not sure how it is for competitive use but I've seen it used in tournaments so I'm assuming it's good competitively.

NNID
Budget_Player
are there official tournament approved stages yet? or does it vary from tournament to tournament
It varies from tournament to tournament, but as a general rule of thumb, if your tournament runs these 11 or less (please don't run less), anyone who complains is a scrub who shouldn't be taken seriously:

Omega
Smashville
Battlefield
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Halberd
Castle Siege
Delfino
Wuhu-Island
Pokémon Stadium 2

Beyond that, you have two which are questionable but generally worth trying out:
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft

Generally speaking, the more the better, and the more of those end up as starters (or if you just strike from the full list), the better.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't see why Kongo Jungle 64 is questionable since it's legal on both 64 and Melee and I'm pretty sure it's also legal in PM (don't burn me if I'm wrong)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't see why Kongo Jungle 64 is questionable since it's legal on both 64 and Melee and I'm pretty sure it's also legal in PM (don't burn me if I'm wrong)
I thought it was banned in Melee singles

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This most likely has been asked before, but are omega Big Battlefield and Final Destination the same length and are the screen borders the same size? (is it just a palette swap?)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This most likely has been asked before, but are omega Big Battlefield and Final Destination the same length and are the screen borders the same size? (is it just a palette swap?)
Same screen borders, same length but NOT A PALETTE SWAP!!! Think of it as Battlefeild without the platforms.

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I always thought a water level stage was in order. Not something like Delfino or Pirate Ship, but something actually in the water. There could be fish roaming around that act as moving platforms, the ocean current swaying back and forth, maybe even some aquatic ruins to fight atop. Perhaps the fighters could all get cute little snorkel masks when they battle this stage too!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We could get Maridia. :D

I always thought a water level stage was in order. Not something like Delfino or Pirate Ship, but something actually in the water. There could be fish roaming around that act as moving platforms, the ocean current swaying back and forth, maybe even some aquatic ruins to fight atop. Perhaps the fighters could all get cute little snorkel masks when they battle this stage too!
snorkel masks would be a bit too much. Adding anything permanently on a single stage is kinda complicated.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i do recall there was a fair bit of endless ocean stage discussion at one point and im sure the starfy fans have some ideas along those lines

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Reposting an idea from the Porky support thread...

[How about for a new EarthBound/Mother2 stage], it could be an entire Winters stage? It's all such a neat area... The Lab, the Lake, Brickroad, Stonehenge... It could be like Delfino Plaza or Skyloft in terms of how the stage works. You'll start out boarding Tessie, and you'll ride around on the Lake on Tessie, and then you'll be dropped off at Stonehenge, where you fight both on the ground and on the tops of the stones, and it would loop back by fighting on Bubble Monkey's floating bubbles.
I can't really think how to efficiently incorporate Brickroad and the Lab, though...

Omega stage would just be on top of Stonehenge, I suppose.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Reposting an idea from the Porky support thread...

[How about for a new EarthBound/Mother2 stage], it could be an entire Winters stage? It's all such a neat area... The Lab, the Lake, Brickroad, Stonehenge... It could be like Delfino Plaza or Skyloft in terms of how the stage works. You'll start out boarding Tessie, and you'll ride around on the Lake on Tessie, and then you'll be dropped off at Stonehenge, where you fight both on the ground and on the tops of the stones, and it would loop back by fighting on Bubble Monkey's floating bubbles.
I can't really think how to efficiently incorporate Brickroad and the Lab, though...

Omega stage would just be on top of Stonehenge, I suppose.
I too thought of something like that, though I kinda thought it up because I really wanted Jeff to be a playable character and I don't really thing it'd fit with say, Porky.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I too thought of something like that, though I kinda thought it up because I really wanted Jeff to be a playable character and I don't really thing it'd fit with say, Porky.
I realize this yeah, but while Porky is my all-time favorite fictional character, I'm still a die-hard Mother fan in general. I'd be overjoyed at every Mother-related feature they decide to put into the game.

If Porky DID make it in though, I'd probably have an aneurysm of happiness.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So has anybody else experienced certain stages lagging more than others in online matches?

In 2 separate matches on the ladder now, the first 1-2 game(s) have been mostly low lag... a few stutters/slowdown here and there but nothing out of the norm. Then somebody CPs T&C and all the sudden the game is running on half-speed.

I have no reason to suspect a lag switch, although somebody hilariously accused me of having one (looking at you @KniteStar ). As of right now, I am kind of suspecting T&C has something to do with it. Anybody else experience this?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
(late) I'm really happy Mother 1 got a stage and Onett finally getting it's repective song from EarthBound.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
Beyond that, you have two which are questionable but generally worth trying out:
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft

Generally speaking, the more the better, and the more of those end up as starters (or if you just strike from the full list), the better.
Why is skyloft questionable all of a sudden? Just a few weeks ago you were defending it tooth and nail

Did we find anything new

And I think KJ64 is fine as long as we implement a consecutive barrel limit

Last edited:

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
if there was 1 version of smash bros 4. this would be my dream list of stages:

New:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
3D Land
Mario Galaxy
Mario Circuit
Jungle Hijinx
Skyloft
Spirit Train
Pyrosphere
Mute City
Woolly World
Great Cave Offensive
Dream Land
Orbital Gate Assault
Kalos Pokémon League or Unova Pokémon League
Prism Tower
Magicant
Palutena's Temple
Reset Bomb Fortress
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone X
Game and Wario
Garden of Hope
Town and City
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
Dunk Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Living Room
Tomadachi Life
Pictochat 2
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
Windy Hill
Wily Castle (The Day and Night versions)
PAC-LAND
PAC-MAZE

Returning:
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
WarioWare Inc.
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Norfair
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Port Town Aero Drive
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Onett
Lylat Cruise
Corneria
Distant Planet
Smashville
75m
Kongo Jungle 64
Green Hill Zone

that's a total of 63 stages. this is a list of the best and important stages between the 2 versions

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

New:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
3D Land
Mario Galaxy
Mario Circuit
Jungle Hijinx
Skyloft
Spirit Train
Pyrosphere
Mute City
Woolly World
Great Cave Offensive
Dream Land
Orbital Gate Assault
Prism Tower
Magicant
Palutena's Temple
Reset Bomb Fortress
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone X
Game and Wario
Garden of Hope
Town and City
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
Dunk Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Living Room
Tomadachi Life
Pictochat 2
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
Windy Hill
PAC-LAND
PAC-MAZE

Returning:
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
WarioWare Inc.
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Norfair
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Port Town Aero Drive
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Onett
Lylat Cruise
Corneria
Distant Planet
Smashville
75m
Kongo Jungle 64
Green Hill Zone

that's a total of 63 stages.
I know

If the 3ds diden't get a version we would have gotten all of those in the wii u version

(3ds stages in the wii u version)

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice

New:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
3D Land
Mario Galaxy
Mario Circuit
Jungle Hijinx
Skyloft
Spirit Train
Pyrosphere
Mute City
Woolly World
Great Cave Offensive
Dream Land
Orbital Gate Assault
Prism Tower
Magicant
Palutena's Temple
Reset Bomb Fortress
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone X
Game and Wario
Garden of Hope
Town and City
Wii Fit Studio
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
Dunk Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Living Room
Tomadachi Life
Pictochat 2
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
Windy Hill
PAC-LAND
PAC-MAZE

Returning:
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
WarioWare Inc.
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Norfair
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Port Town Aero Drive
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Onett
Lylat Cruise
Corneria
Distant Planet
Smashville
75m
Kongo Jungle 64
Green Hill Zone

that's a total of 63 stages. this is a list of the best and important stages between the 2 versions
PAC-LAND & 75M... Really?? Those are pretty much the worst stages ever...

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I see what you're saying, but those stages are pretty much un-playable. Why not make room for 2 brand new stages? Perhaps a Bowser stage would be better?
Ooooh, I always had the idea for a World Bowser stage.
oOuld make sense, since they're is no 3D World representation stage-wise.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
I see what you're saying, but those stages are pretty much un-playable. Why not make room for 2 brand new stages? Perhaps a Bowser stage would be better?
this list is just a good compilation of the best and necessary wii u and 3ds stages. no new stages or anything.

I don't wanna take a dk stage out. with my list, a series can have up to 3 stages (except Mario and Zelda) and donkey kong has 4 stages between the versions. jungle hijinx and kongo jungle 64 stay in but as for jungle japes and 75m, I rather keep 75m because jungle japes looks a bit too similar to kongo jungle 64 and 75m is more distinguishable and different looking. the stage is also part of the nes stages which are dunk hunt, wreching crew, and this stage.

I would keep PAC-LAND, because as much as I hate that stage, it does represent another pac man game and my list has room for 2 pac man stages.

I know I put a lot of thought into this. lol

Last edited:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
this list is just a good compilation of the best and necessary wii u and 3ds stages. no new stages or anything.

I don't wanna take a dk stage out. with my list, a series can have up to 3 stages (except Mario and Zelda) and donkey kong has 4 stages between the versions. jungle hijinx and kongo jungle 64 stay in but as for jungle japes and 75m, I rather keep 75m because jungle japes looks a bit too similar to kongo jungle 64 and 75m is more distinguishable and different looking. the stage is also part of the nes stages which are dunk hunt, wreching crew, and this stage.

I would keep PAC-LAND, because as much as I hate that stage, it does represent another pac man game and my list has room for 2 pac man stages.

I know I put a lot of thought into this. lol
Not saying i agree with your decision, i'll never agree to those 2 stages haha. But i have to give you props for the dedication :)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I was really (foolishly) hoping we'd get a new F-Zero GX stage. Something like Aeropolis or a Lighting track (perferably Thunder Road or Dragon Slope) would've been a sweet stage. (maybe dlc)

Also, if Sector Z gonna be a returning stage, it should be updated to the remake.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm absolutely certain Lucas will return bringing New Pork City along, at least in the WiiU version.
The WiiU version really needs some stage DLC. I hope they don't waste time coming up with new stages for the 3DS version...

boodah

Smash Rookie
i know alot of people see the wii u version as superior and it is content wise but theres still so many of us who cant buy/ wont ever buy a wii u but love this game. smashville for 3ds. sakurai plz.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wish stage hazards could be turned on and off.

Master Hand stage hazard in final destination would be cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Master Hand stage hazard in final destination would be cool.
It would be funny if selecting Final Destination as an Omega stage is what caused Master Hand to appear

Dan

Smash Lord
This is my #1, most wanted stage. Really the only stage I've ever really wanted in a Smash game:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is my #1, most wanted stage. Really the only stage I've ever really wanted in a Smash game:

That's... an awfully strange and obscure stage request. I mean, I loved that battle arena in Mario Kart 64, but I doubt they'd ever consider basing stages on Mario Kart battle mode arenas. Especially a one-off from an old game.

Top Bottom