• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is Miiverse not showing comments for anyone else? I thought maybe they just weren't showing up yet, but then I saw what appeared to be another person playing the Miiverse stage and a comment was on the screen.

I've even KO'd numerous characters and nothing appears.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Is Miiverse not showing comments for anyone else? I thought maybe they just weren't showing up yet, but then I saw what appeared to be another person playing the Miiverse stage and a comment was on the screen.

I've even KO'd numerous characters and nothing appears.
I got a lot of Yoshi messages when beating him up in Training Mode.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I got a lot of Yoshi messages when beating him up in Training Mode.
Hmm it's strange. At first I was playing with Shulk so I thought maybe people hadn't made enough messages for him yet....but then I played with Mega Man and still nothing.

I would imagine Mega Man would be one of the most popular ones to create messages for....

Edit: Even now in training I'm getting nothing. (playing as Mewtwo)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hmm it's strange. At first I was playing with Shulk so I thought maybe people hadn't made enough messages for him yet....but then I played with Mega Man and still nothing.

I would imagine Mega Man would be one of the most popular ones to create messages for....

Edit: Even now in training I'm getting nothing. (playing as Mewtwo)
I only got messages for Mewtwo when I made KO's on Yoshi. I guess the stage prefers Yoshi.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well I will get the miiverse eventually (for now im waiting for traffic to go away)

but since 2 more are upcoming for sure.

whats a safe bet of how many stages are going to be made?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just in case no one knows by now, the 1.0.8 update comes included with the Miiverse stage; you won't find it at all at the eShop.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
You guys know what's ironic? Suzaku Castle, the only stage in the game to come from a traditional fighting game, is most likely going to get banned.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how the Miiverse stage works? Is there someone whose job it is to choose messages from Miiverse? It's so much fun to play on, though I spend most of the time pausing to look at the messages!

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
Will it be legal for EVO though? Considering the latest dlc characters are apparently too new.
im pretty sure evo cant change anything about their rules because it was finalized in like march, and that's unfortunate because dreamland 64 is a great competitive stage.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Without moderation? Wow
im gonna guess theres no moderation for it AT THE MOMENT..

cuz.. ive seen a few.. you know...
but from what ive seen so far, messages only appear for the characters in that match (of course there's those random off-topic messages that people personally do for no reason)

has anyone seen their own message on the stage yet?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Has anyone seen their own created messages in a match yet? I'd assume there wouldn't be anything stopping you from seeing your own during a match.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Wii U Starters should be:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland 64
Miiverse

Counterpicks:
Town And City
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Wii Fit Studio
Delfino Plaza
Suzaku Castle(?)

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen their own created messages in a match yet? I'd assume there wouldn't be anything stopping you from seeing your own during a match.
I haven't. There are loads in the threads though, so it's pretty unlikely. Also it seems like it chooses a pool of them before the match, as the same ones appear multiple times in the same match very often

Eureka

Smash Ace
Wii U Starters should be:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland 64
Miiverse

Counterpicks:
Town And City
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Wii Fit Studio
Delfino Plaza
Suzaku Castle(?)
Isn't Miiverse just Battlefield with different ascetics? Also Wii Fit Studio and Suzaku Castle have permanent walk off, so they'll probably not ever be legal.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
"I don't think we can add too many more stages" ??????????????

If it's possible to mod Brawl, a Wii game, to give it 70+ stages, then surely this version, a Wii U game, could handle a dozen more stages than it already has??? Are we seriously only going to get two more N64 stages and that's it?? I mean yeah at least they aren't Brawl stages and Hyrule castle is great but that's the wrong Peach's castle stage.

Then again he didn't outright deny any more stages after those two and he does seem to go back on his word at some points so who knows?

Eureka

Smash Ace
"I don't think we can add too many more stages" ??????????????

If it's possible to mod Brawl, a Wii game, to give it 70+ stages, then surely this version, a Wii U game, could handle a dozen more stages than it already has??? Are we seriously only going to get two more N64 stages and that's it?? I mean yeah at least they aren't Brawl stages and Hyrule castle is great but that's the wrong Peach's castle stage.

Then again he didn't outright deny any more stages after those two and he does seem to go back on his word at some points so who knows?
Nintendo wants any sort of content they put out as dlc to be as high of a quality as it can be. So of they really wanted to, they could have announced twelve more stages that were the exact same as in the previous games, and they would probably be super buggy and not fun to play on. It takes a lot of time to make a stage that functions correctly and is fun to play on. They also need to create new assets for the level, even if it's a past stage. And even things that worked before can break, just look at Project M and R.O.B breakdancing in mid air instead of getting thrown.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Nintendo wants any sort of content they put out as dlc to be as high of a quality as it can be. So of they really wanted to, they could have announced twelve more stages that were the exact same as in the previous games, and they would probably be super buggy and not fun to play on. It takes a lot of time to make a stage that functions correctly and is fun to play on. They also need to create new assets for the level, even if it's a past stage. And even things that worked before can break, just look at Project M and R.O.B breakdancing in mid air instead of getting thrown.
While it's true that pushing Brawl to its limits stage-wise does make it kinda buggy, the point I was trying to make is that if a Wii game can have 70+ stages and work decently enough, the Wii U equivalent should have more than 51 (which, by the way, only 28 of which are new--I don't count Flat Zone X because there's nothing new about it other than the "X"-- meaning that there are only four more new stages in this game than there were in Melee).

I'm not saying we should get 10+ stages right away, but if the only other DLC stages we get are Peach's/Hyrule Castle, or even if we only get N64 stages at all, then it's honestly a huge disappointment.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
A lot of work goes in to each bit of DLC, so I guess they have to commit a lot of time to it. It's probably more about the potential for new stages to add something new and different to the game.

Eureka

Smash Ace
While it's true that pushing Brawl to its limits stage-wise does make it kinda buggy, the point I was trying to make is that if a Wii game can have 70+ stages and work decently enough, the Wii U equivalent should have more than 51 (which, by the way, only 28 of which are new--I don't count Flat Zone X because there's nothing new about it other than the "X"-- meaning that there are only four more new stages in this game than there were in Melee).

I'm not saying we should get 10+ stages right away, but if the only other DLC stages we get are Peach's/Hyrule Castle, or even if we only get N64 stages at all, then it's honestly a huge disappointment.
I think the statement wasn't saying that they were running out of room data wise so they couldn't make more stages, but that there's already so many in the game that much more would be overkill. A lot of the people who play the game already have no idea how the majority of the stages work, and honestly stages probably just don't sell as well as characters do. I do agree that I think there will be more stages, and they won't all be 64 stages. Suzaku Castle was original after all.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I think the statement wasn't saying that they were running out of room data wise so they couldn't make more stages, but that there's already so many in the game that much more would be overkill. A lot of the people who play the game already have no idea how the majority of the stages work, and honestly stages probably just don't sell as well as characters do. I do agree that I think there will be more stages, and they won't all be 64 stages. Suzaku Castle was original after all.
That's definitely a better reason than the lack of data thing, I could see it being the one they go with (although I don't agree with it at all, the stage selection in this game is pretty lackluster-- 2 Mario Circuits, 2 Smashvilles, 1 new stage for most franchises, etc). If it's a problem with confusing people then past stages shouldn't be as much of an issue because a lot of people have already played them (and tbh if they toned down the gimmicks a bit less people would be confused).

If we do get any more original stages they'll probably be like Suzaku Castle and correlate with any newcomers we get.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If we do get any more original stages they'll probably be like Suzaku Castle and correlate with any newcomers we get.
Really is a shame, considering we still have a fighter-represented universe without a stage, even though Wii Sports, Wrecking Crew, and Pilotwings all have stages.
Sakurai, you make:4rob:sad. He deserves better than Mario Bros. and Wrecking Crew as home stages for a veteran fighter.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Really is a shame, considering we still have a fighter-represented universe without a stage, even though Wii Sports, Wrecking Crew, and Pilotwings all have stages.
Sakurai, you make:4rob:sad. He deserves better than Mario Bros. and Wrecking Crew as home stages for a veteran fighter.
What would be more suitible for Rob though? Oh! Actually I just had a cool idea! What about an 80's style living room with all the old Nintendo stuff, and a TV with a NES connected up?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
When do you guys think Sakurai will release the Smash 64 stages that were shown off? I'm thinking possibly next month, or maybe August. It seems like those stages are pretty much already done, so I feel like they must be working on a couple other stages that weren't shown off that will get released alongside the 64 stages.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What would be more suitible for Rob though? Oh! Actually I just had a cool idea! What about an 80's style living room with all the old Nintendo stuff, and a TV with a NES connected up?
As a R.O.B. main, I never thought of that, that would actually be really cool. I kind of question how well it'd represent R.O.B. himself since he was compatible with two NES titles of his own that they could draw inspiration from, but that's still a super neat and unique idea. There could even be different NES-era games shown on the television in the stage as a neat little easter egg or even as a stage hazard.

Last edited:

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
As a NES accessory, he could appear in the stage when he isn't fighting, like Dedede does in the Dreamland 64 stage

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately from this point on, I think Sakurai is only gonna add stages that can be supported on both versions to simplify it for Eshop buyers thus he is only picking stages from games that have been on both consoles and handhelds and can work on both 3DS and Wii U. Also Sakurai seems to have a strict policy with music tracks being on multiple stages hence why tracks like Green Greens ver. 1 & 2 plus Butter Building ver. 2 weren't put on Dream Land 64 even though they would fit much better there than in The Great Cave Offensive. Which is good that they never used the Fountain of Dreams track till now.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to turn off the comments and pictures on the Miiverse stage? I'm not too fond of all the crude male body part drawings and comments. :facepalm:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Is there any way to turn off the comments and pictures on the Miiverse stage? I'm not too fond of all the crude male body part drawings and comments. :facepalm:
You will not get comments if you are not connected to the Internet. Besides that your other option is to just play on battlefield, because as far as I know they're same gameplay wise. Actually can someone check that? I know the platform layout is the exact same but I don't know about the blast zones. I'd check myself but I don't have the Wii U version.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that it can pass without censorship; luckily most people seem not to be abusing the system

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Guys, the real differences bettwen Battlefield and Miiuniverse, plz.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I have considered creating a new thread for DLC stages music discussion, but I thought it maybe wasn't worth it with this thread being a thing. So why not discussing about that?

I have thought about something... we still don't have a Bowser Road's music in Smash, you know, that iconic song from Super Mario 64 which happened to be remixed in the Galaxy games and even in the Mario VS Sonic games. I really hope it will appear in the Peach's Castle stage, because it's honestly a long overdue song for a Smash appearance. In fact I'm honestly fully expecting it to be featured, and I'd be both surprised and disappointed if it doesn't.

That's my most expected music for this stage (besides the original Smash 64 SMB remix of course), but not my personal most wanted, and while I like this soundtrack I'd be disappointed by its exclusion mostly because of its iconicness. But my most wanted music for this stage is actually the Super Mario 64 credits theme, a song I love and was disappointed to see excluded from the base game:

It should probably be remixed due to being kinda too long (I believe most tracks in SSB4 don't exceed two minute length) and not being a looped music. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if we get a remix of this it's an instant-buy for me.

And since we got the Fountain of Dreams track back with Dream Land, maybe bring Gritzy Desert back from Brawl? It's the only Mario related music which was cut from Brawl to SSB4 I believe, but at the same time it doesn't sound like it'd really fit with Peach's Castle honestly.

And for the Hyrule Castle, I really really hope we get a Ganondorf related song... another long overdue thing in the music department in Super Smash Bros. (Okay, we got his theme in the Song of Storm track, but we need an entire track dedicated to him) Other Nintendo villains and antiheroes like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ridley, Wolf and King Dedede got soundtracks entirely related to them, so why not Ganondorf? It'd be super awesome if this track played in the Hyrule Catstle, his boss battle from Ocarina of Time:

I also hope we get the Clock Town theme. Majora's Mask really deserves musical representation in Smash Bros. and Clock Town's third day is very catchy, yet both whimsical and sinister at the same time, and fits well with the stage. If we're going to get a Clock Town music in Smash Bros. I think it's the best choice except for the fact it is maybe a bit too short (a 30 second loop), so maybe it could be put in a Majora's Mask medley instead.

The Deku Palace theme is a favourite of mine and I'd love to see it represented in Smash Bros, but I have a feeling it's a total pipe dream. I think it is just not iconic enough.

Honestly none of these stages really interest me very much by themselves considering their impractical layout for serious 1vs1 no items battles and the fact I feel no nostalgia towards them, whereas for Dream Land 64 it is perfect for more neutral stage variety and brings back Melee nostalgia. (Not to mention it brings back the Fountain of Dreams track as well) I think I'll choose to buy these stages mostly for the music they will offer, and if they don't convince me, I guess I'll just pass.

@ FEFIZ FEFIZ Miiverse has larger platforms and a slightly larger base platform but the same blast zones, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9zG524I24

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
I was wrong earlier when I said you couldn't turn off Miiverse messages, you can turn them off under internet settings in the options menu. Speaking of Miiverse I personally believe that either it should be banned due to the similarities to Battlefield, or grouped with that stage so striking one stage strikes them both. Miiverse simply doesn't offer enough differences from Battlefield to justify it as a standalone stage. The platform length, stage shape, and ledges are the only major differences. The length is inconsequential except for a few situations such as quack attack canceling, the stage shape comes up even less often, and I think the wonky ledges on battlefield are a good thing, they are a unique quality of the stage and add another property that a skilled player can use to their advantage. Finally, as it was pointed out in another thread, the differences between some omega stages and FD affect match ups way more then the differences in Miiverse, but they're still banned or grouped together with FD.

Top Bottom