• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
If there is a Final Fantasy character in the game then the stage should be the Chaos Shrine from the first Final Fantasy game.

The size of the stage would be like the 2nd tier of Castle Seige. Sometimes Final Fantasy characters like for example Terra,Garland,Cloud,Kefka,moogles and Chaos would appear in the background watching the battle or become a hazard.

Music
-------------
Final Fantasy I-Chaos Shrine (SSB4 version)
Final Fantasy II-Battle Theme
Final Fantasy III-Eternal Wind
Final Fantasy IV-Within the Giant
Final Fantasy V-Battle at the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI-Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VII-JENOVA
Final Fantasy VIII-The man with the Machine Gun
Final Fantasy IX-The Final Battle
Final Fantasy X-Fight with Seymour
Final Fantasy XI-Awakening
Final Fantasy XII-Clash of Swords
Final Fantasy XIII-Defiers of Fate

D

Deleted member

If there is a Final Fantasy character in the game
Word of advice, don't hold your breath.

That aside, have you played Dissidia 012? I have a feeling you'd like it.

EDIT: Also, I think there's a custom stage of the Chaos Shrine over at KCMM, for Brawl.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Word of advice, don't hold your breath.

That aside, have you played Dissidia 012? I have a feeling you'd like it.

EDIT: Also, I think there's a custom stage of the Chaos Shrine over at KCMM, for Brawl.
I wish I had a psp or they should make a 3DS version. Anyway this is if the Warrior of Light or a Original Final Fantasy character that has move of other FF characters was playable.

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding Bowser's Castle so I'd like to ask two questions regarding this potential stage:

1. Would you be for or against having the Koopalings appear as background characters or even hazards? 1:34 for visual example in this video.

2. Would you be disappointed to find out it becomes a side-scrolling stage a la Mushroomy Kingdom?

D

Deleted member

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding Bowser's Castle so I'd like to ask two questions regarding this potential stage:

1. Would you be for or against having the Koopalings appear as background characters or even hazards? 1:34 for visual example in this video.

2. Would you be disappointed to find out it becomes a side-scrolling stage a la Mushroomy Kingdom?
I'd be fine with both of your suggestions, in fact, I might be in the minority here, but I would prefer it if it was a side-scroller like you said, simply because Bowser's Castle generally offers some of the Best Platforming in games.

I would especially like it if it was a throwback to SMB3 with the Tanks and Lava (Blood) Lake and the like. Perhaps we can get the best of both world if it began as a Side-Scrolling stage, ended in the Classic Bowser Bridge with the button, and then Dropped down into a Castle-like tower similar to the one seen in SMG.

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
I know this may be controversial and frankly -quite dumb to ask, but in regards to past stages, would you prefer past stages returning to be untouched or slightly modified to fit any changes made to it in its respective franchises?

This would include updated tracks (whether from new or old games) to that fit the stage and possibly fix anything that may be wrong with it (rehaul of New Pork City, I wouldn't be against). But the reason I ask is because my favorite stage, Spear Pillar, could use some improvement to reflect the modern changes introduced in Gen. IV and V.

If the stage could be revamped, I'd say Cressilia should be replaced with Giratina, the final member of the Creation Trio. If anything, I wouldn't mind if Giratina was just placed over Cressilia. It would be pretty awesome to show Giratina coming from "below" (2:40 for reference) and the stage would have a red tint to indicate its presence.

Plus, Wild Pokemon! Diamond and Pearl and Route 209 don't really fit the stage (in my opinion). Heck, why isn't Cyrus's theme played on this stage?

Song Replacement/Additions:
- Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl) --> Battle! Galactic Boss Cyrus!
- Route 209 --> Giratina/The Distortion World (mashup)

Now I leave you with this, should past stages remain untouched or should they be updated to reflect the changes made to their respective franchises? But I'm sure we can agree that adding more tracks to past stages wouldn't hurt at all, right?

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I know this may be controversial and frankly -quite dumb to ask, but in regards to past stages, would you prefer past stages returning to be untouched or slightly modified to fit any changes made to it in its respective franchises?

This would include updated tracks (whether from new or old games) to that fit the stage and possibly fix anything that may be wrong with it (rehaul of New Pork City, I wouldn't be against). But the reason I ask is because my favorite stage, Spear Pillar, could use some improvement to reflect the modern changes introduced in Gen. IV and V.

If the stage could be revamped, I'd say Cressilia should be replaced with Giratina, the final member of the Creation Trio. If anything, I wouldn't mind if Giratina was just placed over Cressilia. Plus, Wild Pokemon! Diamond and Pearl and Route 209 don't really fit the stage (in my opinion).

Heck, why isn't Cyrus's theme played on this stage?

Now I leave you with this, should past stages remain untouched or should they be updated to reflect the changes made to their respective franchises? But I'm sure we can agree that adding more tracks to past stages wouldn't hurt at all, right?
Well FishslappinDance I would like to see Green Hill come back but modified to look like the Green Hill from the console Sonic Generations.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I hope Fourside returns, but with its counterpart Moonside included, randomly selecting between Fourside and Moonside like in Mushroomy Kingdom. Use these images as references to Moonside.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I hope Fourside returns, but with its counterpart Moonside included, randomly selecting between Fourside and Moonside like in Mushroomy Kingdom. Use these images as references to Moonside.

Cool!

If there is a new race circuit stage I think it would be nice if instead of bland shy guys we have real characters and vehicles from the Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong's racing series, choosen ramdomly.
And if you menage to hit someone their trophy will be unlocked.
But this time, while the track is still a 8 figure, there are no jumping platforms, just a flat cross like in Street Racers (if you know the game), and the combat axis this time is on the diagonal rather than on the side. So you can see the character in background and coming from the far forward, but not from the far backward. Obviously there will still be a \!/ advsing you.

P.S. Oh! And this stage will work as alt stage for both Mario, Donkey Kong and Sonic's chars.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally, what I am interested to see as far as stages are concerned is what Sakurai will do with F-Zero. There has not been a new F-Zero title since Brawl, and as far as we know, there won't be for quite a while. So what arouses my curiosity is if Sakurai will create a new F-Zero stage for the sake of having a new F-Zero stage, or simply bring back Port Town: Aero Dive and leave it at that? Usually every main series in the Super Smash Bros universe has had at least one new title in-between life cycles, but not this time.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mute City and Kongo Jungle must return no questions.

:phone:
I have no doubt Port Town: Aero Dive will return, but I am not sure we will see a new F-Zero stage. Typically Sakurai models stages based upon significant locations from recent games with each series; in part being that most of Nintendo's subsidiaries still possess resources leftover from that project that is then modeled to fit within the parameters of Super Smash Bros.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
The SSB64 stages were great. I would like to see Saffron City, Hyrule Castle and maybe Mushroom Kingdom in the next smash. The stage hazards in those stages weren't broken and contributed to a great overall experience.

Ideas like the pipes are encouraged.
This, same stages, maybe even with graphical updates. The stages had gimmicks to them (pokemon, whirlwinds) but they were predictable and fairly easy to avoid. Now we have cannonballs and F-zero cars that if you get hit you're lucky to survive.

Personally, I feel the best way to improve the stages is customization, and by that I don't mean like stage creator. I mean certain things should be able to toggle on or off, like in the Windwaker level for Toon Link, you have the ability to choose whether the stage rolls through pirate territory, runs aground on the rock, or gets caught in the tornado. Maybe you enjoy getting bombarded with cannonballs, but you don't like the ship being thrown in the air. This would give someone the ability to make the stage to their liking, somewhat similar to choosing the music during the match. These things can contribute to a chaotic party like game, but can also ruin competitive gameplay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is just awesome.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I want to see a stage based on the original Zelda. Have the old music available. Remix it to fit in both themes from that game (The over-world and dungeon themes). Have the classic enemy sprites act as hazards, fairies appear and heal players health.

Since 'Smash' isn't a top down perspective, they can make the stage simply resemble classic areas of the original game. Who knows, the stage could also work like Delphino plaza did. It can move players around the over-world and through dungeon themed areas.

Just an idea. :awesome:

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Thats going to be hard to make due to the way the 1st game was made.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd love to see a Poké Floats 2. Maybe having current generation of pokemon for the floats. Maybe there can also be some customization, like for what floats to be present. I always hated the stage when I first played Melee. But now that I'm a lot older, I'm starting to find it fun...weird.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd love to see a Poké Floats 2. Maybe having current generation of pokemon for the floats. Maybe there can also be some customization, like for what floats to be present. I always hated the stage when I first played Melee. But now that I'm a lot older, I'm starting to find it fun...weird.
Why not just have Poke Floats? The original was just fine. If they tried to remake the stage, it would probably be way lamer than the original(like Pokemon Stadium 2).

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Just thought I'd mention this:

I'd like to see Final Destination float through all of Nintendo's universes. Maybe as if it was the haven that connected all these worlds together.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd like to see Final Destination float through all of Nintendo's universes. Maybe as if it was the haven that connected all these worlds together.
That's be nifty. Also, I'd like the next Final Destination to be something of a combination of all 3 versions. Kind of like this one:
[COLLAPSE="Final Destination"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
That's be nifty. Also, I'd like the next Final Destination to be something of a combination of all 3 versions. Kind of like this one:
[COLLAPSE="Final Destination"]
[/COLLAPSE]
That stage looks super rad. Yeah, let's get that stage design and make it go through all the worlds like I said. Also, thank you. I'm glad you liked the idea! :bee:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That stage looks super rad. Yeah, let's get that stage design and make it go through all the worlds like I said. Also, thank you. I'm glad you liked the idea! :bee:
Yeah, the stage looked awesome. Shame it never got released(I think).

One thing is that I think the next stage should incorporate something from the original(that stage is more like Melee+Brawl, nothing from the n64 one).

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Yeah, the stage looked awesome. Shame it never got released(I think).

One thing is that I think the next stage should incorporate something from the original(that stage is more like Melee+Brawl, nothing from the n64 one).
I agree. I'd love to see the Final Destination music from SB64 included in the stage as well. I think overall, there should be more music and stages from the original smash. Just for nostalgia's sake

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yoshi could get a new stage from that Epic Yarn rip-off. Oh boy, two yarn stages in Smash. One from Kirby and one from Yoshi. I love the idea. :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So that would leave just F-Zero and Mother (of the non-retro series) without any new titles to use for games...In which case, we'll likely get stages that recycle the most well-known visuals from both, hailing from both series' most popular installments.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I drew this on MS Paint tonight. The stage is Wario's Woods. :)

Thanos6

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thanos6
I have a few ideas. The original StarTropics is my favorite NES game of all time, so...

C-Island

This would be a bit like Delfino Plaza; every now and then the stage randomly shifts to a different part of the Island. Transition is accomplished by means of a helicopter that lands every now and then. When it arrives, players have a few seconds to make it onto the landing struts before it takes back off for another part of the island, like the Halberd's boarding platform.

1. Beach

A tropical beach, with the ocean accessible on the left side. Several indestructible palm trees provide platforms to jump on, but they can be walked around/through.

2. Coralcola

A native village, with destructible straw buildings. Destroying the Chief's hut will spawn a power-up.

3. Island Tunnel Entrance

A narrow, confined, hilly space. The C-Serpent, the boss of StarTropics's first dungeon, may slither out and attack, but a few blows can drive it off.

4. Dr. J's Laboratory

A multiple layered area. A low-altitude beach, then a higher plateau, and highest is the domed lab structure. The Sub-C, a submarine, lurks in the sea, but will submerge at random and force players to abandon it or drown.

I also have some ideas for Captain Bell's Cave I might post later...

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
So that would leave just F-Zero and Mother (of the non-retro series) without any new titles to use for games...In which case, we'll likely get stages that recycle the most well-known visuals from both, hailing from both series' most popular installments.
There should be a Saturn Valley stage, or maybe some sort of stage based on the battle against Giygas. Although if that were to happen, everybody would have to be a robot.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I drew this on MS Paint tonight. The stage is Wario's Woods. :)

Hay this is pretty neat actually

Although you really didn't make much of an effort to explain it, after careful observation i gotta say this really is kinda cool.

Although wario doesnt live in the woods Anymore, since he'd look wario ware wario this would indeed be scrapped.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Heres some Starfox stage ideas I have.

ZONESS
Assuming they wont bring back Corneria for the 3rd time, they can however bring back the great fox in a new location
as its been in every smash bros game and because its just that good of a design. Pretty much identical to its Melee
version as far as the stage format, except this time its traveling in the rain on polluted waters through military bases with spotlights and seamonsters all over,
as opposed to the peacefull blue skies of Corneria. Also the greatfox looks rusty and nasty this time around, as if its been there too long.

MACBETH
Battle aboard the forever train as it passes through canyon wastelands and military outposts. Could either be like Big blue with the train carts getting
unlatched and then coming back. Or it could be more like Mushroomy kingdom.

Nintendo really did a superb job with the enhanced levels in Starfox 643DS, might as well put them to use in the next Smash Bros.
(Zoness also looked awesome in Assult, even if it was multplayer only)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I haven't read all the options but what would everyone think about a Donkey Kong Country Returns level with all the characters blackened as shadows with a red sunset in the distance. That would be very unique battling without seeing your characters' color/graphics.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I would love for fountain of dreams to return and the n64 mario stage redone and my idea for a stage would be junk galaxy from SMG would be cool with platforms never knowing where they are kinda off.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Volbound1700's stage preference list:

Mario Series:

Mushroom Kingdom - I prefer new edited stage or MK one from Brawl
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Bowser's Castle
Battlerock Galaxy
Peach's Castle - Melee
Delfino Plaza - Brawl
Peach's Castle - 64
Rainbow Road
Mario Party Board

Yoshi Series:

Yoshi Story - Melee
Yoshi Island - Brawl
Kamek's Castle

Wario Series:

Wario Land Stage
Wario Ware - Brawl

Donkey Kong Series:

Congo Jungle - 64
Jungle Japes - Melee
Sunset Shore
DK Temple Stage
100M - Donkey Kong

Legend of Zelda Series:

Hyrule Castle - 64
Hyrule Temple - Melee
Pirate Ship - Brawl
Great Bay - Melee
Skyloft
Spirit Tracks

Kirby Series:

Dreamland - 64
Fountain of Dreams - Melee
Green Greens - Melee
Return to Dreamland Stage
Treatland - Kirby's Epic Yarn

Star Fox Series:

Sector Z - 64
Corneria - Melee
Venom - Melee (Improve it and make it larger)

Metroid Series:

Don't know enough of series to make guess I will list stages I would like to return prefer at least one new stage. I hated the brawl stages.

Planet Zebes - 64
Brinstar - Melee

Fire Emblem Series:

Never played but would like at least 2 new stages

Pokemon Series:

Again never played, will list ones I want back.

Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Pokefloats - Melee

Pikmin Series:

Distant Planet - Brawl
Shower Room

Kid Icarus:

Skyworld - Brawl
Underworld

Other Nintendo Series:

Flatzone (make it larger)
Gyromite
Punch-Out Arena
Smashville - Brawl
Golden Sun Lighthouse
Xenoblade Field
Icicle Mountain - Melee (Slow it down and make ground more stable)
Hanenbow - Brawl

Sonic Series:

Green Hill Zone - Add loop and make it slightly larger
Wing Fortress Zone

Metal Gear Solid:

Shadow Moses Island - Brawl (stage was perfect)

Megaman Series:

Dr. Wily's Castle

Pac-Man Series:

Labyrinth

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
A warning that this post contains spoilers for Fire Emblem Awakening and Mother 3.

Here's what I'd like to see, not including past stages: (I'm not saying I want ALL of these in one game, just my ideas.)

Mario Series:
Comet Observatory or Starship Mario
Bowser's Castle (Long overdue stage)
Luigi's Mansion 2

Donkey Kong Series:
I haven't yet played Donkey Kong Country Returns but I know I'd like to see one of those sunset levels
Gangplank Galleon

Yoshi series:
Something from the new Yarn game. I'm not an avid player of the Yoshi games, so I really don't know.

Wario series:
Wario Ware Inc. 2

Legend of Zelda series:
Skyloft
Twilight Realm
Hyrule Castle (Different from N64 version)

Metroid series:
Phendrana Drifts (It's be nice to have a very snowy stage)
Skytown Elysia
A modified version of the Ridley battle arena from Other M

Kirby series:
Cookie Country
Castle Dedede

StarFox series:
Area 6
Zoness Docks

F-Zero series:
Aeropolis

Pokemon series:
Castelia City Docks
Dragonspiral Tower
N's Castle
Poke Floats 2

Fire Emblem:
Ylisstol (Courtyard or rooftops, I'm not picky)
Mila tree
Grima's Lair (Or on the back of Grima himself)

Mother series:
Saturn Valley
Tazmily Village (Pre-time skip)
Giygas' Lair

Game and Watch:
Flat Zone 3

Sonic series:
Station Square
Scrap Brain, Metropolis, or Death Egg

Others:
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart)
Nintendo Consoles (I was thinking a level creatively built from Nintendo consoles)
Wuhu Island (Wii Sports Resort)

CalumG

Smash Lord
If I may present an idea...

This is the kind of thing I had in mind for a Pacman stage, should one be included. Hear me out; it's obvious that Pacman would have his maze stage if he was included in his game, but a stage that accurately recreated the maze from the original Pacman, wall-for-wall, would not be fun to play in (akin to Mario Bros. and 75M). So I thought to myself, what are the other defining features of Pacman?

The two things I settled on were the presence of the ghosts, and the screen-wrapping mechanic where you leave one side of the screen and show up on the other. One thing I always loathed though was when it feels like the stage is doing more damage than the fighters are actually doing to each other, so I figured, why do the ghosts necessarily have to hinder the player when they could help them?

Picture this stage as like a standard Battlefield type stage, down to having one main platform and a few additional drop-through platforms, with blast lines which are neither to close nor too far away. The ghosts move around the level as per usual, spontaneously changing from normal form to scared form. Whilst in normal form, ghosts are usable as platforms, whereas when they are scared they cannot.

As well as the ghosts, there are corridors on each side of the level which lead off-screen, just as in the original Pac-Man. Within the confines of these corridors alone, the rules of the Smash Bros. universe are broken - crossing the blast lines at the edge of the stage make you appear in the corresponding corridor on the other side of the stage rather than killing you. A portal from one side of the stage to the other, or to see it another way, an expanded version of the pipe concept in SSB64.

And yes, I'm aware this stage would be anything but tournament legal. :p

Top Bottom