• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know that most of characters would have their own stages, but it would be nice that if they can make some stages that don't have any representative, such as Duck Hunt, Golden Sun, etc if their character didn't get in.

I would love to see Golden Sun's Venus Lighthouse.
I hope these stages get in:

Belinsk (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)
Meowth's Party (check this out)
Nintendo Land (durr...)
Pencilvania (Balloon Kid)
Shooting Range (mashup of Duck Hunt and Wild Gunman)
Smashmo Park (Pushmo/Crashmo)
Smash Wars (Nintendo Wars series)
Swapnote (replaces PictoChat)
Wonder Kingdom (Sky Skipper, a Japan-only arcade game in 1981)
Wuhu Island (Wii Sports Resort and Pilotwings Resort)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright I went ahead and redid one of my old stage concepts, mostly tweeked a few things to make it easier to imagine and be more functional as a stage itself. Couldn't find a pic of Takamaru entering a castle however, so I'll just assume you all have watched the original gameplay. I'm hoping this reminds people of a less hazardous Spear Pillar (with all the atmosphere and whatnot).

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple, but slightly bigger than average stage, fighting takes place in front of the castle gates a top the large hill where the castle rests . The only main gimmick is that occasionally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; the castle and the land around it glow an eerie purple color with lightning repeatedly striking the top of the castle in the background. Banners on the side of the castle walls. Ninja's can be seen running around in the background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x__xxxxx__x
x________x
x|xxxxxxxx|x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword - Title Theme
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Pokemon Conquest - Normal Battle
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)

I'd like any stage of anything from Rhythm Heaven Fever. But mostly something from Working Doughs.

And the Halberd, hooray for me, is guaranteed to return. :bee:
Maybe the Interview Area with the Wrestler

:bee::awesome:

Edit:

Level: Deep Sea Battlefield
Game: Steel Diver

This level is a somewhat basic battlefield with a few platformation to jump around on. The stage is made out of rock and various grass growing on it. In the background, you see endless ocean with fish swimming around, various rocks and pillars, and submarines moving. It takes place underwater and that does in fact slow down your character. This is a level where you would have to time things even more than usual since there will be a delay on your attacks.

At some points in a battle, and they are usually random, a submarine or a few will move onto the battlefield and shoot torpedoes in various different ways. Some might just shoot in random directions. Others might directly attempt to shoot at the fighters. Players could help others if they feel like it or just screw them over and hit them into a place where a torpedo will hit.

The submarine can be damaged with certain attacks and might be the best way of getting them out of the battlefield before torpedoes rain down everywhere.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll like to see a stage based off of City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2
Man I thought I posted this in this thread already, kinda old but either way.

Take to the streets of Central City with City Escape.

Overall a simple walkoff stage taking place at a 4 way intersection. Platforms are made out of construction equipment and building highrises.

The main gimake, of course, is the G.U.N. Truck that patrols the streets reaking havic on the stage itself.

As every once in a while the truck will ram itself into the stage destorying any platforms in it's path and causing major knockback to players that are runover. It comes out of the background, and either side of the stage, it can also make some amazing jumps so even the upper portion of the stage isn't safe from road rage.

The platforms do reform back to their original stage over a set amount of time, of course.

Stage Name: City Escape
Stage Icon: Sonic's Head

Stage Example:
xxx________xxxx
__/xxxxxxxxx\___
___xxxxxxxxx____

Tracks:
Sonic Adventure 2 - City Escape
Sonic Generations - City Escape ~ Classic
Sonic CD - Stardust Speedway
Sonic Adventure - Emerald Coast
Sonic Adventure - Speed Highway
Sonic Heroes - Metal Madness (Final Boss)
Sonic the Hedgehog ('06) - Crisis City
Sonic Unleashed - Rooftop Run (Daytime)
Sonic and The Black Knight - Knight of the Wind
Sonic Colors - Tropical Resort
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live & Learn (Brawl)
Sonic Adventure - Open Your Heart (Brawl)

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Which version of Stardust Speedway along which part of time? Plus I think there should be a Super Smash Bros version of City Escape with a super smash bros easter were part of the song plays the melee theme. Even Crisis City should have a super smash bros theme.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Why isn't there a Bowser's Castle stage yet?

:phone:

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I would love a stage based off of the underworld in kid icarus:uprising.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

Good point! I would make it as Mushy Kingdom. With the ecception it can change. How?
Well, at some point a big platform will split the path in a high way and low way. If the most of the players will take the high way it will change from A shape into B shape, while if the most of players will take the low way it will change from A shape into C shape. And if half of the players take the high way and half the low way, it doesn't change. By the same manner, at every circle of the stage it can change back into A shape or into the other shape.
I think three shapes are enough. Don't you?

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
I'm anticipating a stage based off N's Castle:

I suppose that this would be a nice rendition below:

As far as hazards or background scenery, the Tao trio would be an obvious choice (save Kyurem maybe...), but if they're hazards, then it might be too similar to Spear Pillar from the last game, who knows?

Some more images for scenery:

splat

Smash Lord
If I could ask Sakurai one question, this might be it.

I'd hope that Smash 4 makes my smash dream come true and give every characters his own 'home stage'. Not one that he shares with another character - no, an actual home stage.

Something like this:
Mario - Mushroom Kingdom based stage (something like Mushroom Heights from NSMBU)
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion (either a retro or one based on Luigi's Mansion 2)
Peach - Wavy Beach (because that OST is amazing)
Bowser - Bowser's Castle (really Sakurai, why not?)
Junior - Airship Armada
Toad - Toad Town

Wario - WarioWare 2 (or a WarioLand based stage, of course; Rice Beach would be neat)
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island (I'd very much like Brawl's to return)
DK - DK Jungle based stage (DKCR's first world inspired)
Diddy - Golden Temple (from DKCR, or a mine cart stage)
K. Rool - Gangplank Galleon

and so on..

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario - Starship Mario (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion (a new different one)
Peach - Peach's Castle (a new different one)
Toad - New Mushroom Kingdom (NSMB Wii+2+U)
Bowser - Bowser's Castle (Super Mario 3D Land)
Bowser Jr. - Airship Armada (sidescrolling stage based on the Airship levels in SMB3, NSMB games)
Paper Mario - Paper Theater (modeled after the theater stage-like battle scenes in Thousand-Year Door, complete with the audience)
Yoshi - Cookie Land (Yoshi's Cookie, designed after a typical Chocolate Island level from SMW but with Yoshi's Story graphics)
Wario - S.S. Tea Cup (Wario Land 1+2)
Donkey Kong - Jungle Hijinxs (DKC1+DKCR)
Diddy Kong - Krazy Kremland (DKC2)
Dixie Kong - Lake Orangatanga (DKC3)
King K. Rool - Gangplank Galleon (DKC1+2)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think in the next Smash, we will se more of the asymmetric gameplay, for example, one player (with de WiiU gamepad) play tetris, while the other four, play in the stage with the pieces falling from the sky, the same for other games, like pacman or any other arcade game.
I can see that. I have a feeling there will be a Pictochat stage and the WiiU gamepad user can draw and make hazards for the other players. It may sound horrible now, but i'm sure it will find it's place amongst people who play the game for 5hits and giggles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can see that. I have a feeling there will be a Pictochat stage and the WiiU gamepad user can draw and make hazards for the other players. It may sound horrible now, but i'm sure it will find it's place amongst people who play the game for 5hits and giggles.
That's what Swapnote is for!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It can be either a swapnote or a pictochat stage its the same stage concept:

Players will be able to draw things on the gamepad to appear on the stage while other players are fighting.

Eg: I draw a whale on my gamepad and the whale is drawn real time, exactly how you made it, on to the stage while they fight.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Then Nintendo should elaborate some antitrolling limitations to the drawing player.

D

Deleted member

For Pokemon, I'd love this:

[COLLAPSE="Pokemon League"]

[/COLLAPSE]

For Mario this is a given:

[COLLAPSE="Starship Mario"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Hopefully with the gravity Gimmick, that'd be fun.

For Fire Emblem, I'm not sure, but I haven't played 13 yet, but a gloomy/emotional setting would be great, something a la Fountain of Dreams, I just want to have this song in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvY1S-j67k

Also, a little something I picked up from 4chan. I like a lot of the choices, though I'm not sure what some stages are in a couple of them.

[COLLAPSE="Stages"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^ Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit would be a nice choice for a wacky stage.

Fountain of Dreams returning would be epic, as well as the Halberd.

The Zelda stages are pretty likely since Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword are the latest titles, barring Ocarina of Time 3D.

The Koopa City (AKA Neo Bowser City in NA) from Mario Kart would be a good choice as a Bowser stage besides Bowser's Castle. Wuhu Island and Nintendo Land stages are also likely in my opinion.

Rosalina's Observatory is to Galaxy as Peach's Castle is to SM64 and Delfino Plaza is to Sunshine. Considering how we had Peach's Castle in 64 and Melee and we had Delfino Plaza in Brawl... it's safe to assume that the Comet Observatory will make an appearence as a stage (perhaps travelling through the many galaxies of both Galaxy titles and having Mario's Starship to cameo as well, that would be nice too).

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If King Krok Roll is included then we should have a galleon stage, like the pirate ship in brawl but a few less of the of size pork city, and with lot of tilitin. And I mean so high tilting that barrels and crates with wheels would slide.
And since Namco is working to the game it would be nice if one of the songs was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KffS6UJMbbw

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gangplank Galleon would be a fantastic stage, but I'm worried that a second DK stage would automatically be an arcade one, since it "has" to be represented as part of the franchise. Ugh.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Gangplank Galleon would be a fantastic stage, but I'm worried that a second DK stage would automatically be an arcade one, since it "has" to be represented as part of the franchise. Ugh.

Unless they decide to use that in the story mode. And I mean all the four stages of Donkey Kong Arcade seamed in a vertical way, looking like what they where supposed to be: A frigging skyscraper!
Or unless another franchise is going to take the retro arcade look, like Pacman for example.
Wouldn't you like a stage that looks like his original labirint?
External walls are breakable but they regenerate istantly. Lateral passages works as portals, Ghosts are an hazard but they can also be destroyed (eccept for their eyes), so they will be more an annoyance. But power pellets work as in the original Pacman, allowing you to eat them, and you will unlock some trophy for each record (200, 400, 800, 1600). And if you sweep all the field from the pellets, they will regenerate. But not before you earn another trophy, or something more precious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

why would it happen...? I don't remember such a thing happening in Melee...

Brawl on the other hand...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't fret, they won't use Donkey Kong as inspiration for a new stage. They'd use Donkey Kong Jr. instead, because hey why the hell not?

I swear to crack it would be competitive viable too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

It doesn't have to be an arcade one. It could be from Mario vs. Donkey Kong games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No offense to the arcade junkies, but I feel the Country series has much richer potential for Donkey Kong stages, especially considering the music they can offer. Plus, with arcade stages, they're basically guaranteed to be gimmicky, whereas that's not necessarily the case for Country stages (and even then, the gimmicks are manageable...).

I'm making these predictions with the mindset that a DKCR-themed jungle stage is a lock, mind you.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All right, a compromise... A Donkey Kong Jr. arcade stage based on the second level but aesthetically it looks like the jungle levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns. :laugh:

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
A retro stage could come from anything like maybe an arcade ice climbers, kid icarus or balloon fighter(if he makes it) or any arcade.

I would like Erryth Sea from Xenoblade. Maybe have Prison Island in the background.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A great Ice Climbers stage idea I saw, now that you mention it, was a stage INSIDE Icicle Mountain, in a slippery cavern. Heck, the concept might even be posted in this thread somewhere, though I don't care to dig it up from my phone.

What makes me feel like an Arcade DK stage is inevitable in particular is how often it seems to be referenced within the franchise's latest games. DKCR had statues and engravings of classic DK everywhere, while its Nintendo Land minigame is based around the construction site as well. Maybe DK will get three new stages so that we still get Gangplank Galleon??

D

Deleted member

For Donkey Kong, I feel the aesthetic value of this stage would be awesome:

[COLLAPSE="Sunset Shore"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Someone made a thread about visual filters, that idea could go great here. They could have it so that all the characters are blacked out, and you only see their clothes, similar to how you can only see DK's Tie and Diddy's Cap and T-Shirt. For Pika it could be his cheeks, you can get creative with some of them, like Kirby and Yoshi you can outline their eyes or something. Or they could just do away with colors all together and replace it with Alt costumes.

As for a more throwback DK stage, I've always wanted to fight here:

[COLLAPSE="TreeTopTown"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Something about this Endor inspired village is just magical. I can't help but feel transported when playing this level in DKC.

I also mentioned in another thread, the best stage for Metal Gear is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu6RHbFj7vk

This battle is incredibly memorable and the setting is real nice. I like the Maya Pyramid in the background along with all the green jungle environment. Throwing in the Crysalis also adds a nice contrast between technology and nature. The stage could also fog up from time to time to make fighting a bit more interesting, and they could show the Crysalis flying around chanting its eerie song.

Also, this would be a great excuse to give us Big Boss over Solid Snake.

Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good Earthbound stage? I still haven't played the games yet, but most of the Earthbound stages have been rather underwhelming. Fourside is the only one I liked. New Pork City was just so.... Empty, and Onett too cramped.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One stage in particular I kinda want to see is a throw back to the intro from Super Smash Bros., with the stage being based on the unnamed stage created by Master Hand from using varies objects. (View around 00:20 to know what I mean)

I'd be a nice tribute to the series if the new game is going to be released in 2014, which would be the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Balloon Fighter gets in, then I hope they put in Pencilvania from Balloon Kid as a stage.... AND set it to winter, complete with Polar Bears, Condors, and Topis, to make it the home stage of both Ice Climbers and Balloon Fighter. I like the idea of a Fourside-like stage with pencil-shaped skyscrapers covered in snow. :awesome: Maybe "Balloon Fight" version is set to summer... and "Ice Climber" version is set to winter. ;)

ManlySpirit, I personally want Threed... simply because it is basically Onett, but set at night and it's overrun with zombies. Check this out. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

One stage in particular I kinda want to see is a throw back to the intro from Super Smash Bros., with the stage being based on the unnamed stage created by Master Hand from using varies objects. (View around 00:20 to know what I mean)

I'd be a nice tribute to the series if the new game is going to be released in 2014, which would be the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros.
Right when it transforms? I'd like it BEFORE it transforms, it be cool if they called it "Sakurai's Desk" or something similar.

What about something like that Colosseum in the Smash Melee intro as well? Like, (as I said in the general) a very large, more "athletic" stage where you can't fall and have people cheering you on.

If Balloon Fighter gets in, then I hope they put in Pencilvania from Balloon Kid as a stage.... AND set it to winter, complete with Polar Bears, Condors, and Topis, to make it the home stage of both Ice Climbers and Balloon Fighter. I like the idea of a Fourside-like stage with pencil-shaped skyscrapers covered in snow. :awesome:

ManlySpirit, I personally want Threed... simply because it is basically Onett, but set at night and it's overrun with zombies. Check this out. :smirk:
That's actually really sweet. As long as they don't get lazy and reskin Onett that'd be great. I'd especially love to be able to fight on that Big Top. I've always wanted Witchyword (Banjo Tooie) as a Smash Stage, this is the closest I can get to it.

Also, what's with the video? Is that Minecraft?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't think it's Minecraft. I think someone made 3D worlds based on 2D top-down maps for fun.

D

Deleted member

Ahh, what a shame... Would have been a neat Minecraft mod.

EDIT:

Any thoughts on our new Pokemon Stadium stage?

We still have 8 types left to cover (assuming Gen 6 doesn't introduce new types):

Fighting
Poison
Psychic
Bug
Ghost
Dragon
Dark
Steel

For Fighting, something like this would be cool:

The stage becomes much narrower, and take the form of a boxing ring/octagon. This benefits the heavyweights more. In addition you could have two punching bags hang from both sides to reduce knockback in the same way the bands in a boxing ring keep fighters in. This would be a good way of making a small stage that FORCES players to stay in the ring and fight to the death.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That would be nice except we COULD get a Punch-Out!! stage if/when Little Mac gets in... and his stage is obviously going to be a boxing ring, rendering your idea of the Fighting-type phase in Pokemon Stadium 3 redundant. Instead, how about we turn it into a martial arts dojo instead? It could be like a mashup of Veilstone Gym (Diamond/Pearl) and Cianwood Gym (HeartGold/SoulSilver).

D

Deleted member

That would be nice except we COULD get a Punch-Out!! stage if/when Little Mac gets in... and his stage is obviously going to be a boxing ring, rendering your idea of the Fighting-type phase in Pokemon Stadium 3 redundant. Instead, how about we turn it into a martial arts dojo instead? It could be like a mashup of Veilstone Gym (Diamond/Pearl) and Cianwood Gym (HeartGold/SoulSilver).
Ahh! You're right. I forgot about Little Mac. Never mind then, I'd rather have a full on Boxing ring stage than a temporary Boxing stage in the Pokemon Stadium.

I was originally thinking the types should be: Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fighting, like the Unova Elite Four. But with a "Fighting" stage donned to Little Mac, I'd rather use other types.

A Dragon Type stage would be neat, I picture something like two ENOURMOUS Mountains come out of the ground and propel the fighters to the skies where they fight on the peaks of the mountains where you have a couple floating rocks in the middle and maybe a bridge or something. It could have different Dragon Type Pokemon flying around, and maybe a Dragonite's Nest or something.

Poison would also be neat, I picture like a Ninja-like Dojo with pools of poison on the ground like what you saw in Pokemon Conquest. Maybe some invisible barriers can crop up like in Koga's Gym.

Ghost could be a graveyard with different ghosts and warp portals that warp fighters to different ends of the stage (maybe even off the stage!).

Top Bottom