• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Who else finds the lack of a classical green greens stage weird? Its always been the kirby location in my opinion...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Smash 3ds has 20 new stages not in Smash wiiu and 7 old not there.
If the numbers were 74 stages; 47 new , 27 old that would be a huge stage roster.
Now in reality I don't actually think its quite fair to just combine both game's numbers together but I also don't think you can really forget about them entirely, Sakurai was working on both versions of the game in the same timeframe so the 3ds is going to have some impact (on a side note, I know they're not going to but I really would love to see all the 3ds stages ported to wiiu, even without graphical upgrades. Never gonna happen but I'd buy that if it was a dlc pack)
Now I can totally understand thinking there is gonna be more, everyone's different and I'll admit I tend to keep my hopes low. But there is at least a reasonable explanation for if this were to be the full list.
The only reason I think there's more is the stage lineup. It looks weird if not every franchise except Mario is all on the same line. And even then, they can easily have it so that Mario's "spinoffs" are on a separate line, e.g. Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion being below the Mario platformer levels.

You can't really call it a full list but break it up into two games.
Yes, they are both Smash Bros 4, but that shouldn't matter.

I respect Sakurai for working on both games, obviously.
But the Wii U has taken shot after shot after shot because of the 3ds.. it sucks, dude.

I was like 13 when Brawl came out.. I'll likely be 30 when the next game is even thought of; I'd have liked a bigger roster than 20 returning stages and only like.. what? 12 more stages all together then a game that is over half a decade old...

As juvenile as I might sound, I don't really care anymore...
I wanted this game to be the do all and end all of Smash.. and they got like 75% way there.

Hell even if they tossed the Wii U the Ice Climbers as just a "yeah, we know we ****ed up" type bonus, I'd be much more content.
You also have to keep in mind, they did have a much bigger development team on this game. Yes, it STILL hurt the game and the separate versions are lacking content, but the much bigger development team still allows them to do a bit more for the game's content.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Who else finds the lack of a classical green greens stage weird? Its always been the kirby location in my opinion...
There's a lot of missing stages that make me scratch my head but at this point we've already got 20 past stages so all I care about is new stuff now.

They already blew the returning stages motif.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's a lot of missing stages that make me scratch my head but at this point we've already got 20 past stages so all I care about is new stuff now.

They already blew the returning stages motif.
Sadly I feel we'll be getting even more past stages and very little new stages at all.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Sadly I feel we'll be getting even more past stages and very little new stages at all.
and that's why this game is bumming me out.

but whatever; I'm sure it will be amazing no matter what.
I just sincerely wish I could erase my memory of all that I know and just go in fresh.

Oh well...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I feel like making a top 10 list of new stages I'm most looking forward to in this game. Because I can. :p

10. Pac-Land - Even though everyone hates this stages due to the...art direction, I think this stage has quite a bit of charm.

9. Mario Circuit - Has an interesting gimmick that I am a fan of. The hazards aren't too bad looking either.

8. Gamer - A stage about being stealthy while fighting at the same time. Not to mention the hazard isn't all that bad.

7. Wuhu Island - I love Wuhu Island! Wii sport resort was awesome and I played it so much. The stage layouts look somewhat annoying, but they only last for a few seconds.

6. Mario Galaxy - How can one stage have so many amazing songs?!? I mean seriously. Not only is it a good looking stage with a nice enough gimmick, but the songs you can use on this stage is GODLY! It's so mind blowing.

5. Duck Hunt - Nothing much happens here, but thats sometimes all you need. It looks cool and has a nice layout.

4. Town & City - Has a much more interesting layout then Smashville, while also having fantastic music to boot. Is also great to look at!

3. The Great Cave Offensive - A big stage that actually looks fun, and from Kirby! Going to be playing this a bunch with 6-8 players. If there is one thing I'm disappointed in, it's the lack of music from newer games. And the ones they did chose, aren't the best from them by a mile. However, the danger zones are a fantastic concept and really should've been put into all big stages.

2. Pilotwings - I did say I loved Wuhu island. I spent most of my time in the Plane minigame. I also bought Pilot wings resort. Honestly, this is a fantastic looking stage. Nothing too mind blowing, very visually appealing, a great looking competetive stage, has great music, and looks fun.

1. Wrecking Crew - I never played wrecking crew. I heard mixed reviews of it. This stage just looks amazing though. I like to call it "The better tomadachi life." You have a lot more ways of maneuvering, the stage hazards aren't a problem because you set them off, speaking of which, the stage hazards can help prevent stalling. It has really great looking music like having both Mach Rider, Lip's theme, and the Balloon Fight Medley. I also want to hear how the Wrecking Crew medley sounds. Lastly, the omega version does support up to 8 player smash, so it's a win-win all around. I'm truly excited for this stage. It's a retro stage done right.

The Wii u stage list is incredibly beautiful compared to the 3ds version. I only like playing on a few on the 3ds because a majority of them had an annoying gimmick.

This list is also not counting the returning stages, which the majority are great choices. *Glares at 75m*

The returning stage I'm looking forward to the most is Flatzone. That was such a fun melee stage. I love it waaaaaaaaayy better then flat zone 2, but I'm glad we have both options...

Now if we can get Fountain of Dreams. :3

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Andre from Gamexplain said, regarding the total number of stages in the game, that of course you'd always want them to be more. I don't know what he actually meant by that but I'm keeping my expectations low.
At the same time, we have TWO stages from the Game & Watch series, apparently...

domokl

Smash Lord
Andre from Gamexplain said, regarding the total number of stages in the game, that of course you'd always want them to be more. I don't know what he actually meant by that but I'm keeping my expectations low.
At the same time, we have TWO stages from the Game & Watch series, apparently...
I think its fair that game and watch gets two because he has been in 3 smash games. meanwhile poor ROB has been in two but still has no stage.

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
2 G&W stages but 1 Earthbound stage...okay then

I wish we got Saffron City and Fourside back too ._.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
the stage list isnt final. You do know that right?
If we get a few more returning stages, I see Dreamland 64 (I hope)/Fountain of Dreams, Hyrule Castle/Saffron City, Kongo Jungle. The ones I'd be excited the most for are Dreamland 64 and either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's still a pretty nice stage list, but one thing I liked about DLC is that even stages that have their music on others could come back. Plus, stages could share a song too. Who knows.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
Flat Zone 2 was leaked by a guy who was clearly not following any sort of embargo, he showed the Game and Watch's unlock battle happening on that stage and some just straight up footage of it. Flat Zone 1 was more of an accidental leak, someone was making a video of the event matches at at one point cut to a section of the event icons (possibly the co op icons since there was a shot of what seemed like all the icons earlier than was different) showing an icon that was clearly of the Helmet area in Flat Zone 1, it was quickly edited out but the internet saved the image.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What if Flat Zone is just an alternate form of Flat Zone 2, similarly to how you can switch between the two forms of Boxing Ring?
The problem with that is its a returning stage. Returning stages sometimes get touched up graphically, but never changed or altered.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Flat Zone 2 s too hectic for my liking. I would have been happy with a FZ1 return and a New Flat Zone stage.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm definitely looking forward to the stages in this version much more than in the 3DS version. Really excited for these in particular:

Pac-Land - I loves it so much. Pac-Land is such a fun game and the stage really pays homage to it well. Sucks that we won't be hearing the original Pac-Land theme on there but the awesome arcade medleys and Pac-Man's Park definitely make up for it. The FD form looks neat too.

Wrecking Crew - FINALLY this game got some acknowledgment in Smash (besides the Golden Hammer from Brawl). I like how this stage was remastered in HD (it would have worked in 8-bit either way) but it also retains the look it has from Wrecking Crew '98. The Wrecking Crew Medley is really cool too.

Duck Hunt - Looks like fun, especially with the lack of any real hazards. I'm liking the Duck Hunt Medley as well. Curious to see what kind of FD form this stage will get.

Great Cave Offensive - Liking the Danger Zones. Looks like a ton of fun, even with a small amount of players.

Gamer - I was worried Wario wouldn't get a new stage but much to my surprise he got a new stage with a brand new gimmick that actually looks like a lot of fun. The lighting here is also freakin' beautiful, and the music choices aren't bad (Wario Land representation FTW!)

Big Battlefield - Perfect size for 8-player matches, plus it has the track Boss Battle 1 from Brawl.

Wuhu Island/Pilotwings - I had no idea these were separate stages until I read that they were on the wiki. I'm probably going to enjoy both of them thoroughly just for the scenery and lack of serious hazards.

Garden of Hope - Just looks fun. Not a lot about it I find interesting besides that.

Kongo Jungle 64 - Whee... N64 stage...

Flat Zone - Because I ****ing hate Flat Zone 2.

Town and City - looks like Smashville 2.0 but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Platform layout is unique enough.

And then there's Pyrosphere. I don't know whether or not I'm going to end up liking this stage. The hazards look like fun (at least conceptually) but we'll see. Ridley's inclusion doesn't really bug me so that's certainly a plus.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm looking forward to Kalos League. I wish Magicant could have been on both versions though.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I'm looking forward to Kalos League. I wish Magicant could have been on both versions though.
I don´t know why everyone love this Magicant Level. I hate this one because of this Flying Man. He is so unfair strong. The Design is beautiful but this Flying Guy is always ruin this stage.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So what were people talking about patterns?

I speak from experience, it doesn't work.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
I don´t know why everyone love this Magicant Level. I hate this one because of this Flying Man. He is so unfair strong. The Design is beautiful but this Flying Guy is always ruin this stage.
The ones who really love it tend to be the fans of the Mother series in general. Its visually beautiful but its also a really good representation of the games and full of lots of really nice little touches. The Flying Men are definitely overpowered but I still love it for a full chaotic crazy match anyway.

I'm also looking forward to Kalos League in a similar vein to that. Visually its one of my favourite pokemon locations, it was something I'd never thought of as a stage but knew it was exactly what I wanted as soon as I saw it. Its basically a Pokemon Stadium meets Spear Pillar, gonna be a great place for some chaotic fun.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... There's a Lil' Oink trophy from Paper Mario 64.

Now THAT is an obscure trophy. Far beyond the Bucket trophy in Melee (speaking only of Mario trophies).

It's pure speculation, but something that obscure, plus the lack of Paper Mario music (even the Paper Mario Medley from the 3DS version) may hint a Paper Mario stage. Or it confirms a wide collection of trophies.

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
So... There's a Lil' Oink trophy from Paper Mario 64.

Now THAT is an obscure trophy. Far beyond the Bucket trophy in Melee (speaking only of Mario trophies).

It's pure speculation, but something that obscure, plus the lack of Paper Mario music (even the Paper Mario Medley from the 3DS version) may hint a Paper Mario stage. Or it confirms a wide collection of trophies.
BRO!
That's my new favorite trophy, ever. <3

If this leads to a Paper Mario stage I will be so unearthly happy, I might rocket out of my pants.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
BRO!
That's my new favorite trophy, ever. <3

If this leads to a Paper Mario stage I will be so unearthly happy, I might rocket out of my pants.
It's nice to see content from the good old Paper Mario at least! I think it's possible that it's a stage element as it's REALLY obscure alone. It's absolutely not on the level of importance of every other Paper Mario trophies we had before.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
There's a new trophy based on Paper Mario content. It's not TTYD but it's something.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
There's a new trophy based on Paper Mario content. It's not TTYD but it's something.
Let me guess...

Li'Oink?

or this screencap:

If I'm right, first, you slowpoked by 24 hours because that trophy, I alerted everyone yesterday night (on a pm and in the social thread + Paper Mario group).

And btw, TTYD is inspired by pm64 so, any pm64 trophies...screw it ANY trophy especially everything not sticker star is welcome.

In fact, to be honest with you, I got so hyped in a pm that our caps lock was broken...it was funny :)

But if I'm not, THEN I WANT TO SEE IT IMMEDIATELY!

EDIT: lol, I was right :)

Well, just so you know, I already made my mind on the trophy. Here's a quick recap:

It is NOT surprising to see a pm64 trophy and I might even say it was EXPECTED by me.

However, that deepness in repping was NOT expected and this is why I got hyped.

See, even the guy who made the video tough it was wind waker and even myself until I saw the name. What you have to know is the guy who made that video...he wanted Paper Mario playable...that just tells you how you really HAVE to play pm64 to know what this is (I'm lucky because I beat the game a week ago so its contents was fresh in my mind :) ).

What does it imply?

Basically, with that deepness in repping, it makes more trophies and contents that can be that broad more likely. Because this is from pm64, it does make my 2nd music theory even more likely.

I know it's not the only series that got that type of repping, btu with a 3ds stage, it's a kinda big deal here...I still think a WiiU stage is quite likely...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey, I slowpok'd first! :awesome:

Any thoughts on Lil Oinks being possibly stage related (even as a mere background element)?
I actually saw that comment before, but for now...I say Idk.

Maybe, but tbh, just the fact that trophies are 1080p models attached with a funny description by the writer of mother (which has strangely similar humor style to Paper Mario), just that worths the trophy.

So, it doesn't neccessarilly have to be a background elements, but what I know is it does indirectly make the stage likely (not by much, but enough to at least push the pm64 music theory which would push the stage theory...chain reaction basically).

Tough, having toad town as a stage would be sick...especially if they are going for THAT much details...

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does anyone have any info on these stages?

Right-Bottom corner
http://i.imgur.com/PKCpJsH.jpg
From Pic of the Day

http://imgur.com/QcTkjfN
From WiiU opening video
First one is Great Cave Offensive. I'm not sure what the second is. It might also be Great Cave Offensive, but the texture is off.

I looked for some videos.
The bottom one is Wuhu Island.

In this video, around 1m30, it shows a part of the stage where you fight on the top of the island's volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQIelzdgJE

But, the upper one isn't Great Cave. Doesn't match.
http://www.heypoorplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/smashcaveoffensive.png

Btw, I think the final My Music layout will be something like this:
http://imgur.com/bhEqx6P
Yellow = my guesses
Look carefully at the opening in the upper left corner of the Great Cave Offensive stage. There's where the screenshot from the Pic of the Day takes place.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Which part of the GCO? Comparing to the full map, I can't place where the picture happened. The sky even has a different color.

Top Bottom