• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Although I would've liked a brand new Flat Zone, Flat Zone X is great!
I know, right? Although we can assume there might be some new transformations

Here's what I think has actual potential for new transformations:
Octopus
Parachute
Mario's Cement Factory
Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong is already on 75 m)
Manhole
Flagman​

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Why couldn't they have put Flat Zone X into the 3DS version too? Not that I mind Flat Zone 2, but it seems like if would have been really easy to do the same thing in both games.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What if clones had their own stages? I've always wanted Doctor Mario to have his own stage. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai gave Dark Pit his own stage considering people who don't play KIU like to hate on him...

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What if clones had their own stages? I've always wanted Doctor Mario to have his own stage. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai gave Dark Pit his own stage considering people who don't play KIU like to hate on him...
Dark Pit probably won't get his own stage in the initial stage roster (and the reasoning imo is kind of a bit too petty for Sakurai but that's just me). The clones were last minute additions and are treated as extra characters (seeing as how they have their own little corner together), so unfortunately they likely did not plan any levels for characters that were meant to be alts.

To be honest though, it would be totally cool if Dr. Mario gets his own stage. Not sure what stage could represent Lucina and Dark Pit though. Although I guess you can say Arena Ferox on 3DS represents Lucina and Robin considering they're all from FE:A.

But if we're speaking about DLC, I can see something like this happening. I hope of hope Dr. Mario gets a DLC stage based on his game. It would be pretty cool.

Is there any chapters in KI:U or location that would represent Dark Pit well enough?

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Dark Pit probably won't get his own stage in the initial stage roster (and the reasoning imo is kind of a bit too petty for Sakurai but that's just me). The clones were last minute additions and are treated as extra characters (seeing as how they have their own little corner together), so unfortunately they likely did not plan any levels for characters that were meant to be alts.

To be honest though, it would be totally cool if Dr. Mario gets his own stage. Not sure what stage could represent Lucina and Dark Pit though. Although I guess you can say Arena Ferox on 3DS represents Lucina and Robin considering they're all from FE:A.

But if we're speaking about DLC, I can see something like this happening. I hope of hope Dr. Mario gets a DLC stage based on his game. It would be pretty cool.

Is there any chapters in KI:U or location that would represent Dark Pit well enough?
I don't know. I should have been more clear with separating my reasoning from Sakurai. I think it would be funny if he had a stage while I see him adding one out of favoritism. As for a location, I haven't played the game. Maybe based on the chapter where you use him...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well, I guess that's it for new and returning stages then. Just check out the roster in the beginning of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEHX86-ico

everything is perfectly organized, the bottom row is obviously missing miiverse though.
anything else looks pretty much final.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Still, it's not a terrible stage select. My only real objections are no new F-Zero and Earthbound stages, when you could have used retro Mute City and Magicant.

Naoshi

Still, it's not a terrible stage select. My only real objections are no new F-Zero and Earthbound stages, when you could have used retro Mute City and Magicant.
It baffles me that hasn't happened. So weird... Magicant in HD would've been beautiful!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, I guess that's it for new and returning stages then. Just check out the roster in the beginning of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEHX86-ico

everything is perfectly organized, the bottom row is obviously missing miiverse though.
anything else looks pretty much final.
That person hasn't unlocked Pac-Land......

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh? Well I guess pacland goes into the bottom row then with miiverse being shoved into the dlc tab, later
The 50-fact direct revealed the stage will be available after an update, which means it may not be counted as DLS (S means stage, btw) and placed alongside the default roster.....

Also, there could still be a stage with only one song, making it unavailable in My Music.......

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
The 50-fact direct revealed the stage will be available after an update, which means it may not be counted as DLS (S means stage, btw) and placed alongside the default roster.....

Also, there could still be a stage with only one song, making it unavailable in My Music.......
HANENBOW :D

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I actually like that stage's concept and the "music" is so beautiful..... I'd be glad to see this stage over anything (except a Toon Link stage, of course...)
I'd like to see it too. In Brawl it was my favorite casual stage and even served a role when I was playing with friends as something of an anti-FD. Back in those days when I played alone I assigned each character to a stage (Melee all-star style) and this was Jigglypuff's, and it'd be fantastic to see a stage with so many memories come back.

Also, I noticed that when you do my music from the stage select screen, the menu doesn't suddenly show up. It has to be selected in the "My Music" section in Vault. So, if the Stage Select Screen is a perfect grid when complete for Smash battles, we'll have to ignore the Menu icon! This means one of a few things: (assuming an 8x6 grid when all stages are unlocked)

1. Miiverse is on the bottom row with Pac-Land and on the same screen as the rest of the normal stages. (It's also possible that Miiverse is a one-song stage that doesn't appear in My Music, so even that dedicated screen can be a perfect grid) To complete it, there's one stage we don't know about in the top row, and my money's on it being a Special, Smash Universe stage, preferably Meta Crystal, a stage playable in PM and the single-player mode of Smash 64 but not seen anywhere else in the series
  2. Miiverse is on the top row with the Battlefields and FD, and Pac-Land is on the bottom. Still one stage we don't know about, and that stage would be from an obscure, retro, or casual universe. My money in that case would be on Hanenbow, though it could also be, well... pretty much anything. Hell, it could even be the return of my favorite 3DS stage, Pictochat 2.
  3. Miiverse is in a separate DLC window for stages, leaving two stages we don't know about, one in the top and one on the bottom row.
  4. Miiverse is in a separate DLC window for stages, and that's it. The grid has one stage missing on the top and bottom to replicate the Character select screen.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I
  1. Miiverse is on the bottom row with Pac-Land and on the same screen as the rest of the normal stages. (It's also possible that Miiverse is a one-song stage that doesn't appear in My Music, so even that dedicated screen can be a perfect grid) To complete it, there's one stage we don't know about in the top row, and my money's on it being a Special, Smash Universe stage, preferably Meta Crystal, a stage playable in PM and the single-player mode of Smash 64 but not seen anywhere else in the series
If what I bolded happens, my money's on Kongo Jungle Melee, due to the way Kongo Jungle 64 is named....

Naoshi

Stage Builder is probably the most disappointing feature so far in Smash Bros 4 overall. So nice you can draw out the level but real lame you can't make them look actually visually pleasing since it's lacking so much.

Also the lack of gameplay elements like conveyor belts, ice blocks, falling blocks, etc... just why?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Stage Builder is probably the most disappointing feature so far in Smash Bros 4 overall. So nice you can draw out the level but real lame you can't make them look actually visually pleasing since it's lacking so much.

Also the lack of gameplay elements like conveyor belts, ice blocks, falling blocks, etc... just why?
It really bothers me that in a game with Megaman and Megaman music I can't recreate the Megaman themed stages I made in Brawl. Conveyor belts and ice are essential!

Naoshi

It really bothers me that in a game with Megaman and Megaman music I can't recreate the Megaman themed stages I made in Brawl. Conveyor belts and ice are essential!
Or even spikes, but I guess lava will do eh...

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Did people tried creating many stages? It was one of the conditions to unlock elements in Brawl.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Do people tried creating many stages? It was one of the conditions to unlock elements in Brawl.
There could very well be unlockable stage builder parts that are not being shown do to the embargo. We have seen a few different stages being made, though.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There could very well be unlockable stage builder parts that are not being shown do to the embargo. We have seen a few different stages being made, though.
Yep, there's also the embargo. In Brawl, there's 3 unlock conditions for 3 sets of various things. Maybe there's conditions too. Seriously, I find the icons for textures and stage elements big, that's suspicious. There could even be a second row of textures!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yep, there's also the embargo. In Brawl, there's 3 unlock conditions for 3 sets of various things. Maybe there's conditions too. Seriously, I find the icons for textures and stage elements big, that's suspicious. There could even be a second row of textures!
I REALLY hope so. All the stage builder really needs are more backgrounds and item types. Background wall textures would be nice, too.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
The conditions for unlocking stage builder parts in Brawl are playing matches on stages and building a ton of them. When the game actually comes out that should be the first thing we test.

(not me though I'm not getting it until Christmas)

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
The conditions for unlocking stage builder parts in Brawl are playing matches on stages and building a ton of them. When the game actually comes out that should be the first thing we test.

(not me though I'm not getting it until Christmas)
Hm somebody already tested it on youtube and creates a lot of stages but he said he didn´t got anything for that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I posted this else where but this seems like a good place to bring this up. I think stage builder should have allowed users the ability to build off of all existing omega levels. Think about it, you start off on Dr. Wily's Castle or Pyrosphere or any other stage, but with just one platform and no existing hazard. You could then add whatever you wanted to it.

I would at least have liked the ability to use those backgrounds.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Everyone who has preview copies say that there are no unlockable parts for Stage Builder, at least as far as they've seen. I'm extremely dissapointed in it.

I was hoping for more 64 and Melee stages to return, but I guess Flat Zone and Congo Jungle will do. Nevertheless, the Stage Select is great in this game, and there's a lot of variety to be found in it. And this isn't even counting the obvious DLC that's coming soon.

Top Bottom