• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion #6: Castle Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Please discuss what you feel about Castle Siege, about how to play their and Jigglypuff's abilities there.

*I need ratings people, every new person to post here should have a rating*

rinoH

Smash Lord
lol Planking is so annoying the second part of the stage isn't really good for jiggs though

rinoH

Smash Lord
the third part is amazing it helps jiggs and its just like FD but slants and i think you can waveland on it

rinoH

Smash Lord
FD hands down easy to string aerials together and flat though some argue it to be Battlefield or Smashville. She likes neutral stage oh and Junge Japes which is really good for her

Glick

Smash Lord
Meh. Castle siege is alright. I dont really have a rating for it, but the statues are really annoying on that one part of the stage. I usually do bad there.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Meh. Castle siege is alright. I dont really have a rating for it, but the statues are really annoying on that one part of the stage. I usually do bad there.
Meh, its a lot better than lylat, thats for sure.
Roof tier: 6/10
Very small stage, some platforms, nice kill box size compared to stage size.... Pretty good to me. The small room makes it ideal for puff to kock people off and stop them from getting back on. WoP here is all off stage. Who cares for platforms? Ill go for agressive ground game until they are knocked off, then WoP.
Throne Room tier: 4/10-5/10
Big room, good for DI recovery, walk off edge, platforms. It would be better without so much platforms. The walk off edges are good to drag someone away with WoP, but the platforms are a problem.
Hell tier: 8/10
A cross between FD,, and lylat. no platforms, it tilts, not smooth, Is pretty good to play on as puff.
Free Fall tier
DOES NOT COUNT LOL
god stage. 10/10

Total: 6/10

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
The castle part is a 5/10 for me, since the unbalanced ground with a slew of poorly placed platforms creates a difficult environment. The Throne room is tough, especially since the arial wop can't even be used, and Jigg's edge game just DIES 2/10.

Hell is really good though, like a smaller FD (ergo better FD), and for jigg's the random tilt usually works to save her from Usmash punishment (although the odds of getting hit with a Usmash aren't great to begin with) Hell gets 8.5.

Transition stage is like a suckier FD so probably 7/10

But siege is really tough to play especially when a majority of the time Jigg's is at a disadvantage so overall I'm saying 6/10

Glick

Smash Lord
Its tourny legal. Its annoying but you probably wont find people cping it against you unless its for some strange advantage for them.

Its just a regular stage.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
This stage sucks for Jiggz. Is it even tourny legal?
Very much legal. Some TOs have it as neutral. It's a fine stage (in general)

Roof: Not very good place to be. Platforms are in a terrible position, but the weird edge is nice. So/so blastzones. Not ****, but not good. 4.5/40

Throne: No. badbadbad. Platforms EVERYWHERE, no ledges to plank on, and very bad if opponent is pressuring you to the side. Of course, that can help you too, but getting an offensive advantage against a smart opponent here is very difficult. At least it's good for running away. 2.5/10

Hell: Very yes. Smaller, tilting to hose camping, and very open battlefield? I like. Decent roof, but good offstage area to put your opponent in. 9/10

Trasitions: Walkoff FD. Can destroy people if you are pressing them back when it transforms. 7.5/10.

Overall: 6.5/10. It's very reliant on you waiting for the stage to be in your favor, but when it is, it's another japes/frigate.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Very much legal. Some TOs have it as neutral. It's a fine stage (in general)

Roof: Not very good place to be. Platforms are in a terrible position, but the weird edge is nice. So/so blastzones. Not ****, but not good. 4.5/40

Throne: No. badbadbad. Platforms EVERYWHERE, no ledges to plank on, and very bad if opponent is pressuring you to the side. Of course, that can help you too, but getting an offensive advantage against a smart opponent here is very difficult. At least it's good for running away. 2.5/10

Hell: Very yes. Smaller, tilting to hose camping, and very open battlefield? I like. Decent roof, but good offstage area to put your opponent in. 9/10

Trasitions: Walkoff FD. Can destroy people if you are pressing them back when it transforms. 7.5/10.

Overall: 6.5/10. It's very reliant on you waiting for the stage to be in your favor, but when it is, it's another japes/frigate.
Yeah its recommended CP neutral. I find this a good stage with planking the first two parts, but a bad one otherwise.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
This is one of the two stages I fail hard at. I was hoping it was banned. :(

The middle part screws me over hard. No matter how much I try to run away, I always get KO'd. The third part I love but still get *****. I usually plank here. First part I fail hard at two, with the platforms screwing me up. I fail with Olimar too, but not as hard as I do with Jigglypuff. I end up choosing Diddy/MK here as a last resort. :(

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
You have the greatest advantage on the first one and the falling one. Its the most 50:50 stage in the game if you count all the characters. You cant find much wrong or right with it. Cool stage

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I love this map. I just don't like how small the first stage is and the size of the platforms there. It doesn't really mess me up, but it's still annoying.

PND

Smash Champion
The last part I would give as a 9.5/10. The rest? First part is bearable, and you can gimp / pound spike using the lips. I don't like the layout of the platforms, but with the askew layout you can overcome most platform camping.

The second part is terrible. Just float up top, and run away. Don't try things here. For lulz, charge rollout on the top two slopes and just puffcannon yourself around the level.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I really don't like this stage. Sure the last part is great and all, but I'm a jiggs player who actually likes platforms, so I'm not much for FD. The third part is the love child of the good parts of FD and the good parts of Lylat for jiggs. The first part is ok, I guess. Its easy to plank, but these platforms suck. It doesn't give very much to her game. And the second part is horrible! Its the antithesis of a good Jiggs stage. The platforms are horrible, there is no bottom to the stage, its big, but you can't even use rollout because of the statues. You can refresh your moveset, but anyone can do that.

This stage might have one good, one bad, and one ok sections, but I would not call it an ok stage. Here's why: you aren't playing on just one of the sections, you have to play on all 3 of them. Therefore, you can't judge each stage seperatly and then average them.

The thing is, the bad part is really bad, and the other sections don't do much for her. So although she can keep up with her opponents on the other sections, she will get her *** handed to her on the second stage. Since we eventually have to visit that stage, there will be 1/3 of the time we will be at a significant disadvantage rather than being ok or even just good for the rest of the match. Not to mention the opponent can just run around until the second stage comes up.

So really, I don't think this is an Ok stage for her. I give it 3.5/10. Its not a counter stage, but it would be a total waste of a cp.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, the 2nd part of this stage wouldn't be so bad against Lucas. (What are the odds of fighting a Lucas though? ><)

If you can lure him to the bottom part of the stage, near the edges, you can potentially kill him in a very dirty way. Grab him, and if he ground releases, then grab him again. If he jump releases, he'll probably SD if he's close enough to the blastlines. :p

Veril

Frame Savant
Now that I think about it, the 2nd part of this stage wouldn't be so bad against Lucas. (What are the odds of fighting a Lucas though? ><)

If you can lure him to the bottom part of the stage, near the edges, you can potentially kill him in a very dirty way. Grab him, and if he ground releases, then grab him again. If he jump releases, he'll probably SD if he's close enough to the blastlines. :p
Haha. ha. :mad:

And that is why I no longer play Lucas.

Seriously though why in the h*** would I ground release. f that.

Veril

Frame Savant
You should see all the crap that Bowser can do to Lucas on the 2nd part. :p

If Lucas get's grabbed, he's dead. Instantly.
Yeah, don't get grabbed lol. I HAVE seen all that crap.

I really want to have a Me (Lucas) vs. You (Bowser) match now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom