• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Browser Launched

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Kirby King, you'll never cease to amaze me!

Seriously, between the new news page, the friend finder, and this, you've been keeping busy! Thanks for everything!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Bravo, Kiki. You've been on a roll lately. You rule! Can't wait to try this out next week.
Thanks for the premium extension again by the way :)

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Epic. Can't wait to see this in full force next month. Good luck adding the other features.

Edit: Personaly, I think the most important aspect that you talked about adding would be the thumbnail view, for ease of browsing.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Epic. Can't wait to see this in full force next month. Good luck adding the other features.

Edit: Personaly, I think the most important aspect that you talked about adding would be the thumbnail view, for ease of browsing.
Good, then, because the thumbnail view is up and running.

BTW, we won't be having any more node problems, just so you know. :p

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Good, then, because the thumbnail view is up and running.

BTW, we won't be having any more node problems, just so you know. :p
Wait, so is the thumbnail view a true preview of the stage, or just a picture related to its background like you mentioned?

Thanks for letting me know about the nodes, lol. I've seen more double posts in the past week than I have all the rest of the time I've ever been on SB.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Yup. the thumbnails are actual previews of the actual stage. It was briefly just a picture related to the background (or just a generic stage symbol), but now it can get all the information it needs directly from the stage file.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Yup. the thumbnails are actual previews of the actual stage. It was briefly just a picture related to the background (or just a generic stage symbol), but now it can get all the information it needs directly from the stage file.
Wow.

I doubt there will ever be a faster way to search for the perfect stage anywhere on the internet all throughout brawl's future, and you pulled it off before the game even hit our shores.

Truly impressive.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Why can't I upload? I have a mario stage, but it tells me database error

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Why can't I upload? I have a mario stage, but it tells me database error
Sorry, there was a stupid error in some code I had added. It's fixed now.

BTW: so you guys know, the three stages I uploaded are all stages that I found somewhere in my searches or were sent to me, so you can assume they were all used just for testing. So, no, they're probably not ideal for matches. ;)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Sorry, there was a stupid error in some code I had added. It's fixed now.

BTW: so you guys know, the three stages I uploaded are all stages that I found somewhere in my searches or were sent to me, so you can assume they were all used just for testing. So, no, they're probably not ideal for matches. ;)
Thanks, I love the auto-thumbnail preview.

I uploaded two more stages, check them out!

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
You guys here at Smash boards are awesome. You put so much time and effort into this website and trust me all of us here are eternally grateful. This is the haven of smash enthusiast around the world. Thank you very much for all of hard work, and congrats on getting the stage browser up, it will definitely bring a new way for smashers to enjoy the game even more. Please continue doing a great job, your efforts are never unnoticed.

This is a great tool for people to get their stages known and distributed. I really appreciate how you've taken the initiative to create such a masterpiece.

Only bug I've noticed is the music that is displayed.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm, I had suspicions that the music list might be off. Could you tell me what stage specifically is showing the wrong music, and what the actual music track is?

EDIT: Alright, I fixed the problem that was causing it not to show music at all for certain stages, but I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about or not. Let me know if you notice any stages with the wrong music, though.

Hmm, I had suspicions that the music list might be off. Could you tell me what stage specifically is showing the wrong music, and what the actual music track is?

EDIT: Alright, I fixed the problem that was causing it not to show music at all for certain stages, but I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about or not. Let me know if you notice any stages with the wrong music, though.
Yeah, one problem was that some stages didn't have music tracks at all.
The rest had the wrong music. One example, on this stage:

http://smashboards.com/stagebrowser.php?do=view&stageid=17

"Music: Smash Bros Brawl - Melee Battlefield 01" where the musica actually used is the Golden Sun Remix (I don't know what it's actually called, but if it helps it is #273 in the soundtrack I downloaded).

Another one is:
"Music: Nintendo Wii - Wii Shop Channel"
Which is actually Tetris Type: A.

Every stage's music wrong, as far as I can tell. Hopefully it won't be so hard to fix and you just need a different offset or something. :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, the stage browser is awesome! I can't wait to download some stages when I finally have the game (which can take a while since I'm living in europe >_>)!

There will probably be 1000s and 1000s of stages...

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, beat me to the punch. But thanks for the heads up, Kiki. (I like my version more, of course, but I'm sure you guessed that :)).

Storm101

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this is a obvious question but how can I acess it other than the link provided in announcements?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Alright, I updated the music index so that most of the stages should have the correct music. There might be some that still don't (none of the lists of music in the game I've found have lined up perfectly yet) so if you find something with the wrong track listed, let me know.

Storm: we'll be adding a link on the navigation bar soon to things like the Stage Browser and the Friend Finder, but in the meantime you might want to bookmark the address so it's easy to get to.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
ummm.....dumb question but where do i find the stage files on my memory stick? and can i upload them directly? no need to run some crazy conversion program right?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nope, no conversions needed. Stick the SD card in your wii, copy them over, then stick the SD card in your comp, and go upload. The wii does make a folder on the SD card that the files are saved in, that any new stages you get must also be saved in.

Anywya, uploaded a few I've made, not that inspired (though I do like halfpipe) and grabbed a few of Ness'.

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded a stage, put it on my sd card, then put the sd card in my wii and it says there is no content. Any ideas why?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
You need to make sure that you're putting the stage into the right folder on the SD card; there's a specific place that it has to go in order for Brawl to recognize it, but I'm not sure exactly where it is. You also need to be sure that the filename of the stage doesn't change.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
I like this Idea very much, I have just uploaded about 6 stages, and I have downloaded several stages.
I wonder why people haven't been recreating the SSE levels ?

Top Bottom