• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Ban Quick Reference

RichBrown

Smash Master
Totally found this on my own without name search assistance :p

Falco: strike FD, SV, BF. Lylat, Yoshis, PS1, and CS (in that order imo) are all solid stages against Falco. Never really tried CS against Falco, now that I think of it you might wanna strike that instead of SV.

They will almost always ban Brinstar, otherwise take em there, Falco is caca on Brinstar. Otherwise I'm digging Lylat against Falco atm, it messes with his ability to jump in and nair and to sideB. Even though it can mess w/ our fsmash it's a small price to pay.

FD is actually not that bad vs Falco, I have more trouble on Battlefield, but I also suck on battlefield so that's more of a me thing. So ban one of those 2 because they'll prolly take you to one of those stages. Don't worry about Frigate, more yellows n purples ftw, plus if you get lucky and the stage flips early it's a great Oli stage, and you can **** Falco off right side as well.

:phone:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I would like to add, im ok with BF in most MUs,but in this MU, i find BF to be amazing in the MU, i actually never strike it. Also, CS is HORRIBLE against falco, absolutely terrible, I'd strike that after FD.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
He removed the part about getting the idea from the Diddy boards from the OP, presumably to save space.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yoo so foureyes told me about this thread =] I can give my perspective as a ROB and Peach user to help y'all. assuming unity ruleset:

as ROB we want to go somewhere small where we can keep the pressure on (since oli outcamps us bad and makes it really hard for us to get in, we need to try and stay close at all times in order to avoid his zoning) so y'all should preferably strike BF/Lylat/Stadium. match will probably end up on sv/yoshis (really sv, lol) since idk what rob main would let oli go to siege or fd =p but there might be a few so yeah.
you should ban frigate against rob, unless ur super comfortable there, its pretty much ROBs best stage though and idk about other ROB mains but personally I don't think purples are really scary for us compared vs. other chars (oli gets more purples on frig right?) so that wouldn't be much of a saving grace either...if u dont wanna ban frigate, maybe one of the neutrals that you struck earlier would work.
ROB will likely ban FD to avoid the camp but there are some foolish ROB mains that might they can outcamp oli so if you can get away with it go there =p otherwise idk, oli's pretty scary on halberd o.O even though its a small stage I still have a lot of trouble with him there =/ he controls the center too damn well lol. also cruise is an option, idk how many ROB mains like that stage but against oli there would always be people who'd try it.
you probably want to go halberd or FD in this MU, or SV since thats where most matches end up anyway lol.

as Peach, she has safer ways of getting in and moving around olis camping so I don't have as much trouble on larger stages as I do with ROB. I'd strike PS1 first since that's a great peach stage (early kills =]), after that its personal preference I'd say. maybe BF and lylat if you wanna go for the campy flat stage stuff like against ROB.
for peach, ban ps1 IMO or if you really like that stage/dont mind it/whatever then ban SV, peach will probably go to whatever one you don't ban =/
in this MU as peach I'd probably ban lylat because of the extra purples (it is lylat and frigate right? haha im pretty sure I remember it being the "metal" stages that give extra purples (and blues?) but im not totally sure). if you're one of those oli's that dont mind frigate it'd be a great cp, I think purples are really important for oli in this MU because they're his best option for dealing with float and such, so thats important to consider. otherwise if u dont wanna plan around purples...idk, your main goal is to avoid peach from destroying all your pikmin with her feet every time u try to attack, so go somewhere u think that'll be easy o.O halberd once again is a good option

and that was pretty long and ramblish so yeah...enjoy =p

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input stingers, I've added it to the thread. We also get extra purps/yellows on Halberd; that's part of why it's such a great stage for us.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

as ROB we want to go somewhere small where we can keep the pressure on (since oli outcamps us bad and makes it really hard for us to get in, we need to try and stay close at all times in order to avoid his zoning) so y'all should preferably strike BF/Lylat/Stadium. match will probably end up on sv/yoshis (really sv, lol) since idk what rob main would let oli go to siege or fd =p but there might be a few so yeah.
There's a contradiction there.
You say that R.O.B. prefers small stages, but then propose that we strike three of the larger starters on the list. If we really wanted to strike smaller stages, we would start by striking SV and YI.
I honestly believe that platforms do the most to hurt R.O.B., but I'm in no position to theorycraft.
Maybe one of the other Olimars has more input on this.

you should ban frigate against rob, unless ur super comfortable there, its pretty much ROBs best stage though and idk about other ROB mains but personally I don't think purples are really scary for us compared vs. other chars (oli gets more purples on frig right?) so that wouldn't be much of a saving grace either...
Something very wrong here. The witness doesn't hate purples.

if u dont wanna ban frigate, maybe one of the neutrals that you struck earlier would work.
ROB will likely ban FD to avoid the camp but there are some foolish ROB mains that might they can outcamp oli so if you can get away with it go there =p otherwise idk, oli's pretty scary on halberd o.O even though its a small stage I still have a lot of trouble with him there =/ he controls the center too damn well lol. also cruise is an option, idk how many ROB mains like that stage but against oli there would always be people who'd try it.
you probably want to go halberd or FD in this MU, or SV since thats where most matches end up anyway lol.
Don't have much experience against R.O.B., but my limited experience tells me that some R.O.B.s will try to CP R.C. and it is quite possible for them to get destroyed by Olimar there.
I wouldn't CP it if they're just going to do it for me, though.

as Peach, she has safer ways of getting in and moving around olis camping so I don't have as much trouble on larger stages as I do with ROB. I'd strike PS1 first since that's a great peach stage (early kills =]), after that its personal preference I'd say. maybe BF and lylat if you wanna go for the campy flat stage stuff like against ROB.
Do you really get kills earlier on PS1? I was under the impression that the blast zones were pretty standard here.
More information is needed.

Does anyone have experience against Peach on Delfino?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bf and lylat are def. smaller than sv and yoshis lol. stadium is pretty much the same size as sv and yoshis but the blast zones are smaller...which is bad for ROB who lives forever anyway, so why would he want smaller blastzones o.O and the transformations dont really matter much for him since he wont win a timeout against oli anyway lol...

and i never said oli should cp rc o.O i said he should be wary that a ROB might. but I prefaced it by saying idk of any ROBs that actually like RC. RCs a pretty neutral stage for ROB lol. I just said, because its oli, there might be people who'd try and get the gay RC cp.

and the ps1 blastzones are def. smaller

and peach vs oli on delfino, no clue how that stage really affects the MU, peach isn't particularly good there though, the stage gives her some unique sharking possibilities with float but theyre really more gimmicky than anything

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I don't want to do anything too long and annoying to check stage size right now, but I did do something.
Made separate tags for each of the stages, moved the opponent out of the way, jumped to the edge, did a normal getup, ran across the stage, SD'd, and checked ground distance in the stats area.
In order from largest to smallest:

FD-----57
PS1----57
CS3----55
Lylat---52
BF-----50
YI------47
SV-----46
CS1----42

Slants probably reduce potential landing area a little, but I doubt it's significant. Might put BF above Lylat or something. IDK.
Didn't check CS2 because it would be really annoying to check.

The comments about RC were just notes I was making for people to agree or disagree with.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It happens. My life was a lie last week, but it turns out it was just gas.
Perhaps we should wait for the BBR to create diagrams for the other stages before rushing to a conclusion. Their measurements will probably be more accurate.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
[Collapse=My Opinions (I added a star if I changed something. If there is a characters I didn't cover, I didn't change anything at all).]

:metaknight:
Meta Knight
---
Strike:
(1) Lylat Cruise*
(2) Smashville
(3) Yoshi's Island
(Runner Up) Pokemon Stadium 1
---
Ban:
(1) Brinstar
(Runner Up) Rainbow Cruise

---
What they will likely ban
(1) Halberd*
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Counterpick
(1) Castle Siege
(2) Halberd*
(Runner Up) Battlefield

:diddy:
Diddy Kong
---
Strike:
(1) Final Destination*
(2) Smashville*
(3) Pokemon Stadium 1*
(Runner Up) Battlefield*

---
Ban:
(1) Final Destination*
(Runner Up) Rainbow Cruise*

---
(1) Halberd
(Runner Up) Yoshi's Island

---
Counterpick
(1) Lylat Cruise
(2) Halberd
(Runner Up) Yoshi's Island

:snake:
Snake
---
Strike:
(1) Lylat*
(2) Yoshi's Island*
(3) *
(Runner Up)
---
Ban:
(1) Frigate*
(Runner Up) Brinstar*

---
(1) Delfino*
(Runner Up) Rainbow Cruise

---
Counterpick
(1) Delfino*
(2) Castle Siege
(Runner Up) Final Destination/Rainbow Cruise

:marth:
Marth
---
Strike:
(1) Battlefield*
(2) Lylat Cruise*
(3) Yoshi's Island*
(Runner Up) Smashville
---
Ban:
(1) Brinstar*

---
(1) Halberd
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Counterpick
(1) Castle Siege
(2) Halberd
(Runner Up) Final Destination

:warioc:
Wario
---
Strike:
(1) Battlefield
(2) Smashville
(3) Lylat Cruise

---
Ban:
(1) Rainbow Cruise
(Runner Up) Brinstar

---
(1) Final Destination
(Runner Up) Halberd/Castle Siege
---
Counterpick
(1) Halberd
(2) Delfino
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

:popo:
Ice Climbers
---
Strike:
(1) Final Destination
(2) Battlefield
(3) Yoshi's Island
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Ban:
(1) Final Destination
(Runner Up) Battlefield

---
(1) Brinstar*

---
Counterpick
(1) Brinstar*
(2) Rainbow Cruise*
(Runner Up) Lylat Cruise*

:zerosuitsamus:
Zero Suit Samus
---
Strike:
(1) Pokemon Stadium 1
(2) Battlefield
(3) Smashville
(Runner Up) Lylat Cruise

---
Ban:
(1) Rainbow Cruise
(Runner Up) Pokemon Stadium 1/Brinstar*

---
(1) Yoshi's Island
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Counterpick
(1) Yoshi's Island
(2) Castle Siege
(Runner Up) Final Destination/Halberd*

:fox:
Fox
---
Strike:
(1) Final Destination
(2) Smashville
(3) Pokemon Stadium 1
(Runner Up) Battlefield*

---
Ban:
(1) Final Destination*
(Runner Up) Frigate*

---
(1) Lylat Cruise*
(Runner Up) Yoshi's Island*

---
Counterpick
(1) Lylat Cruise*
(2) Yoshi's Island*
(Runner Up) Delfino

:peach:
Peach
---
Strike:
(1) Pokemon Stadium 1
(2) Battlefield
(3) Lylat Cruise
(Runner Up) Smashville

---
Ban:
(1) Brinstar*
(Runner Up) Pokemon Stadium 1/Smashville*

---
(1) Lylat Cruise
(Runner Up) Halberd

---
Counterpick
(1) Halberd
(2) Lylat Cruise
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

:ike:
Ike
---
Strike:
(1) Battlefield
(2) Lylat Cruise
(3) Pokemon Stadium 1
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Ban:
(1) Rainbow Cruise
(Runner Up) Brinstar*

---
(1) Final Destination
(Runner Up) Halberd

---
Counterpick
(1) Halberd
(2) Smashville

:bowser2:
Bowser
---
Strike:
(1) Yoshi's Island
(2) Smashville
(3) Lylat Cruise*
---
Ban:
(1) Delfino Plaza*
(Runner Up) Brinstar

---
(1) Halberd
(Runner Up) Castle Siege

---
Counterpick
(1) Halberd
(2) Castle Siege
[/collapse]

Questions:

• I think Halberd is hella effective vs MK. Do ya'll really think sharking is that bad?
  • Why is Smashville not being striked vs Diddy?
  • Don't get why BF is apparently bad against Diddy
  • Vs Snake, uneven terrain seems to benefit him. Is there a reason otherwise?

Dabuz, please give your input on Wolf & DK

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

MK sharking isn't horrible, but i'd rather not a CP a stage knowing that mk can be gay and almost untouchable for 30 seconds or so at a time

don't strike SV, because quite simply, the moving platform is a godsend for us in the MU. Strike BF because its way too close quarters, so diddy gets momentum and keeps it easily, while olimar has no room to outspace and effectively camp diddy. Its just too good of a stage in the diddy MU IMO.

DK

strike:
1) dabuz's island (ledge up-B invincibility)
2) dabuz stadium 1 (Wall lock gimmicks)
3) dabuz's castle/ BF (BF if you don't like DK at close quarters and can't handle the pressure, castle siege is a good stage for DK, so i just don't like playing him there)
runner up) castle siege/ BF

Any stage not listed here is amazing to fight DK on, smashville and FD are camp heaven for us, and lylat's tilts make DK have no chance at all in the MU. Now, he has invincible up-B glitch on YI, strike that. I HATE PS1, and DK can wall lock a lot on that stage, hence why i strike it. BF and castle siege are not bad at all in the MU, we can juggle like ****ing crazy on BF, and DK can't do ****, DK's huge range allows him to cover most of BF at a time, meaning its risky if you don't know the DK MU. castle siege just doesn't limit DK enough, and the statues allow him to extend hitboxes in an annoying way, i strike it just because the stage isn't bad for DK at all.

Ban:
1) dabuz's island
2) dabuzstar

First off, i'd like to note, i actually ban brinstar over YI, because i know the DK MU on YI well enough to play there. Now, DK has a glitch on YI which extends his invincibilty on his UP-B enough to allow him to cross half the stage, be invincibility during cooldown, and buffer stuff while invincible. He can also plank us "better" due to stage slants, besides those two points, its not a bad stage, but those two points matter a lot. Brinstar is a lot like BF, except its bad for olimar and DK has hotbox entension shenanigans, I don't think DKs CP it much anymore, probably in fear of pocket MK, hence why i listed it as second ban.

What they will likely ban:

1) final dabuz
2) ????? *maybe* dabuz's castle

The thing is, DK gets ***** on FD because its sooooo long, i see no reason not to ban it. If he doesn't ban it for W/E reason, idk what else he would want to ban, i can't remember what Will bans on me, if he bans anything. Most likely he bans castle siege, but thats just because its my staple CP. The secret is, no olimar realizes lylat is a great CP, and therefore no DK realizes they need to ban it :p

Counterpick:
1) final dabuz
2) dabuz's cruise (lylat)
runner up) halberd

FD is super camp central, DK's worth nightmare. Lylat just messes up DK in general, gives olimar a great juggle game, and extra yellows which help a lot in the MU, plus lylat's structure is good for oli. Halberd just for the generic safe CP, DK should rarely, if ever, kill vertically, and this stage is like YI, without the edge invincibilty glitch, which actually makes the stage pretty "meh" for DK, the thing is, due to his enormous size, its very easy to throw DK into stage hazards, and the go through platform during the floating phase actually has a tedency to mess up DK's recovery or get him hit/ grabbed while trying to up-B to an edge

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
wolf:

Strikes:

1) Dabuz's yoshi
2) Final dabuz
3) dabuzville
Runner up) pokemon dabuz 1

Wolf is admittedly one of the few MUs who can put us in a less than spectacular starter. YI lets wolf camp with laser and punish our approaches too easily, while also keeping us locked down in some way. FD's length makes wolf camp game annoying and olimar won't have any platforms to help him get at wolf, along with wolf's ability to reset bad situations very often. SV shares the same positioning and getting camped problems present in FD, but to a lesser degree. I dislike PS1, but i can't see anything bad about it in the MU, actually, it has a lot of good attributes because it forces close combat and wolf's options can be easy to limit.

Ban
1) dabuz Rainbow
Runner Up) dabuz Plaza

RC isn't good for wolf, but i can see wolf being a big pain in the *** on this stage. Delphino is a good wolf stage form what i've seen, and a less than stellar oli stage, hence why its bannable

1) lylat
runner up) wait, they DIDN'T ban lylat? IDK then bro

Honestly, most wolfs worth their salt will ban lylat cruise unless you are known for a certain CP, they are afraid of pocket MK_RC/brinstar, have a character for lylat, or an intense hate for another stage+don't think you will CP lylat. lylat is THAT bad for wolf

CP
1) dabuz's cruise (lylat)
runner up) dabuz's castle'/ battledabuz

lylat is godly, nuff said. Now, my castle is great because of the landscape, its pretty cool looking, nice view, and don't forget the awesome BG music. Also, its got these really big and cool statues, and at the bottom, a secret lair of lava, perfect place for a fatality.

Seriously, the stage layout just hinders wolf and helps oli, especcially phase 2, i don't like phase 3 much, but the slanting is useful. Now, BF allows oli to keep wolf at close range, gives oli lots of options, and is great for juggling, but most of all, this MU should be played mostly in the air, and BF allows that and cancel's wolf spacing game.

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
God ****ing dammit, I had edited the OP almost all the way, went to another tab to double check some stuff, and accidentally closed out of my editing tab. #FFFFFFFUUUUUU

In other news, why does everyone hate Delfino so much? I feel like it has a lot of potential to be a great Oli stage; you've got the highest purple percentage in the game on the bottom platform when it goes flat/plat, can uair straight through the stage when it's flat/plat, it has a lot of transformations with CS2-style walkoffs/really close blastlines on the sides to make our blue throws even gayer, and can get saved from gimps by stage transformations.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Cause 50% of the time you'll be running away from MK's sharking lol.

If it's not against MK I think it's a rather pretty stage though :D

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
Cause 50% of the time you'll be running away from MK's sharking lol.

If it's not against MK I think it's a rather pretty stage though :D

I mean, obviously we wouldn't CP MK there, but I'd still rather him shark than scrooge. Sharking can be predicted and punished, since they're pretty much always going to GA -> uairuairuairuairuair > SL. Scrooging is just free minutes on the clock from them once they've gotten their 1% lead.

Also, why delfino so good for Bowser in this matchup?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have no idea. It seems like a decent stage.

I know that Tin Man is wrong about striking Lylat, but I'd like to talk to him directly about his list before condemning it altogether.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
bowser has lots of crazy gimmicks on delphino, mainly being he can side-B suicide kill, and kill olimar while he stays alive

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You shouldn't be getting Bowsercided in the first place.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It IS the point if you're couching it as his main advantage on that stage. T_T
But arguing semantic will just derail the topic.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
hmmmm...if you really wanna argue against banning bowser's best stage, then go ahead. Its bowser, just spam pivot grab and he loses anyway. Delphino just allows bowser to take great advantage of one mistake because of the gimmick. No other stage gives bowser an instant kill on us because of one mistake.

last post on this topic, bowser sucks, no one uses him, IDC anymore.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I was kind of being a jerk, though. I shouldn't be writing off options the Bowser has.

It's just that in my experience, it's a lot harder to get back on-stage against Bowser on Yoshi's Island and that seemed more important than a random gimmick that we rarely get hit with. It also seemed that you were implying that it's the main advantage he has there.
Is there more to it than that?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
his dtilt actually blocks all but our purple side-B if spaced correctly on slopes that are above olimar, assuming he has good reactions and punishes olimar if he tries to jump to punish bowser (although NO bowser realizes this). Transformations with water allow bowser to go deep for fair kills, and the high or far out platforms give bowser another recovery option. Bowser probably has wall lock shenanigans with fire breath or some sort of grab release.

On YI he has...a platform that makes it hard to punish him for fire breath? A platform that gives him slightly better juggle ability on olimar,easier time gimping olimar (although we can whistle all moves on reaction AND his edgeguard game is poopy). and a sloped edge that makes fsmash edge-guarding pretty unreliable.

With my limited experience in the bowser MU, which includes playing king kong, and knowing that any bowser will instantly go to DP if given the chance, i can say its the best stage to ban.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
his dtilt actually blocks all but our purple side-B if spaced correctly on slopes that are above olimar, assuming he has good reactions and punishes olimar if he tries to jump to punish bowser (although NO bowser realizes this). Transformations with water allow bowser to go deep for fair kills, and the high or far out platforms give bowser another recovery option. Bowser probably has wall lock shenanigans with fire breath or some sort of grab release.

On YI he has...a platform that makes it hard to punish him for fire breath? A platform that gives him slightly better juggle ability on olimar,easier time gimping olimar (although we can whistle all moves on reaction AND his edgeguard game is poopy). and a sloped edge that makes fsmash edge-guarding pretty unreliable.

With my limited experience in the bowser MU, which includes playing king kong, and knowing that any bowser will instantly go to DP if given the chance, i can say its the best stage to ban.

I played KingKong in ladders today and I raoed him on YI. I think YI & Halberd are best stage to CP against him. BF is good to. I'm not to sure about striking against him, but I feel comfortable striking SV 1st n foremost against him.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'd like to hear what some Olimars more experienced in the match-up think of Sonic on YI v. Sonic on FD.
I'm starting to think that FD is worse.

Denti Denti Denti

FOUREYES

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to hear what some Olimars more experienced in the match-up think of Sonic on YI v. Sonic on FD.

Denti Denti Denti
I was going to namesearchbait Denti, but I think you've got that covered. Anyone have a lot of weegee experience? We don't have jack for him, and he IS one of our not-as-good MUs.

IcyLight

Smash Lord

Denti Denti Denti
Honestly I don't think it matters. It's a match where both of us can't hit each other unless someone messes up lol
sorry if i'm no help, i just don't think stage really matters between any of the neutrals =/

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Its ok, i would strike it third, after BF+PS1. We still win the MU easily here, but this stage leads to lots of timeouts in the MU. Sonic can't approach, but neither can oli. Olimar has his pikmin throw, which forces sonic to take damage, and sonic can't avoid it with platforms. Both characters have so much room that matches here tend to go very long, nothing wrong with that.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Denti Denti Denti
lol at transparent. I play Meekspeedy (not sure if yall know him) but I have Sonic exp basically. I'd sooner ban YI than FD because well, the invincibility is kinda good. That is, I'm not sure what we have to country the invincibility. Conceptually, if Sonic's hitbox hits a pikmin (pikmin toss) then we can punish it since it losses the invincibility. Strike YI, FD, and PS1. Sonic can also get invincibility on the grass transformation of PS1. Every other stage is fine in the matchup. CP to Halberd (he never took a game off me so iunno what a back up cp would be :/). And finally, its just conceptual, but I'd figure castle siege would be bad becuse the 3rd section is like FD, and the 2nd section is too big, and Olimar is too slow to chase Sonic (hence a majority of the stage being bad).

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That is, I'm not sure what we have to country the invincibility.
We can:
  • Roll toward him through it (good window for this, can punish what he does after)
  • Shield it (Decent window for this)
  • Dtilt it (Decent window for this, we can both act on the same frame after the clank)
  • Purple toss it (stops it, probably gives a frame advantage if spaced well)
Dunno if you can use other tilts on it, I've only tried Dtilt. His jab comes out one frame faster than ours, but it might be useful as a mix-up.
If he's just sitting there charging it for extended periods of time, we can throw stuff on him for damage or throw pikmin out into his path to slow it down and (usually) still have time to react.
Sonic also has some invincibility gimmicks on RC, so don't counterpick that.

That CS stuff makes a bit of sense, actually. Never thought of it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lmao at my spelling mistake. My bad bro.

I know RC yeah. On the ship, on the right hand side, Sonic can get invincibility.

Yeah, the Castle Siege stuff is good too look out for. Meek strikes it vs me cause everyone knows I <3 that stage (never knew not to take Falco their T_T, I pay'd for that lmao). I don't have much info on it since I basically never played the matchup on that stage.

I know with Snake, if Sonic spin dashes, and you shield drop a nade, Sonic will hit you're shield, lose the invincibility, then get hurt by the nade, hence why It might be proper to try and apply this to Olimar by making him hit pikmin 1st.

Apparently there are sections of Delfino where Sonic can also get invincibility. Iunno where tho.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I don't mean to bring this up again, but I got a number of matches in with Zigsta the other day (actually paying attention to the stages this time) and I'm actually considering CPing Bowser to Delfino now.

- The main way Bowser seems to get kills on Olimar is by pressuring to the edge, edgeguarding, and gimping. Delfino's main platform provides an easy way to get back onstage. Uair through the stage either pressures his shield with almost no consequence or forces him to UpB it OoS, which sends us above him (which feels a lot safer than being on the ledge, though it's risky to do at high percentages). The shine gate transformation also provides such ledges with the added bonus of the uneven terrain.

- Way too many platforms for juggling.

- Purples mutilate Bowser. Obvious statement is obvious.

- The large transformations allow us to camp safely and force him to either advance and risk the potential early kill from a Bthrow, stall and let us sort, or run away and take damage.

- Zig also said that the "Bowser lives after Bowserciding" thing can be done on any stage. I don't know the details or even if it's true, though.

Top Bottom