• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there around noon as well. Would it make sense for me to bring a cube? Would someone be willing to bring a TV?

I also have a capture card thing, it wouldn't serve a purpose unless someone wants to bring a laptop, in that case we could record footage on another TV too. It also might need straight up double-ended RCA cables.

Also, WTF at heath not getting his pubes here.

Edit: Flux said he could bring a TV to match my cube, but Ulti is just bring his cube, so someone could still get a TV to match his.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Even though my crew match wasn't so good (gg Greenbunny), the singles tourney was the best tourney I ever played. For once I didn't feel disappointed at the end. I felt like I played the best I could possibly play. :) Hopefully the bracket gets posted. I wonder what I placed?

Thanks to that smashfest, I have figured out my 3 main characters: G&W, Samus, and Peach. Everyone else is just for fun. I've learned that "picking up" so many characters, even if I suck at them, allows me to learn more about each character, and what to do/not do while playing against them. I get to learn the ins and outs of their moves, their physics, and what each character is (and isn't) capable of. For example, I don't play Bowser, but my knowledge of him allowed me to have some decent Bowser matches. :p Of course, it's good to have knowledge, but having skill helps as well. I will continue to pick up various characters and learn about them on the way.

Next crew match, I'm using G&W. Every time we do crews I always doubt my G&W, then I pick a secondary and get *****. I'm going G&W next time. Either that or I can get better with Samus. >_>

Shouts! (I'll do more shouts when I remember more names). I'm not gonna say gg every time, because I think it's implied.

CREWS
Greenbunny: gg @ the crew match. And gg here stands for "good god." Your Marth *****. We went down to the wire, even though you basically 3-stocked me.

TOURNEY
JoeMotion: I'm sure I would've lost if I didn't spend hours smashing with you at the dorms >_>. lol we got the 10,000th vs match. See you at the U.

Seanson: gg's. You play an awesome Yoshi. You probably couldn't tell but I was definitely scared of that Falcon lol.

SuperDoodleMan: Your Peach is too good, but you already know that. I should've used my Samus against you but I didn't because I got pwnt in crews. Sorry I screwed up a bit in the movie. I'm sure if Aaron were controlling that Y. Link, it would've gone perfect :laugh:

Bluewolf: gg's. It's kinda weird but I actually don't remember our tourney matches. I think I was in auto-pilot during our set. I don't even remember who I used but who cares, you always pwn me in tourneys lol

FRIENDLIES
Ulti: Best Ganon I've ever played. :) I should really start playing him again. I only use him in teams. Those were some awesome friendlies.

Aaron: Thanks for all the tips. I actually took two stocks off of you once! Amazing. I think I Screw Attacked you like 100 times lol. That super L-Cancel I did with Luigi was too good. :laugh: You're like a walking combo video.

more shouts later.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
This was a fun fest. I kinda think I need a change of pace from the 'dorf for while (not use him fo 100% of my matches, just like 75% or something), and thanks to some help from Aaron, I think I've finally found a secondary I'll stick with (no, really). Gets kinda boring getting combo'd over and over again :laugh:. Hopefully I'll be in shape enough for the tourny in couple of weeks.

Crews were really fun, even though our team got beat. It just seemed to me I was playing at my best for those two matches. Good games to the samus (sorry I forgot your name) and Nomek (who knows, you may win a second time, heh).

Singles were also good. To the Ganon (sorry, I don't recall your name either) I played first round - try not to crouch so much. Ganon destorys crouch canceling and your just giving me room to space and combo. MoMD has a great Doc, just as frustrating as his Falco; and Seanson seemed to know how counter fair spam pretty (which nullified half my game).

Friendlies were also good - thanks to everyone who did them Greenbunny, 56K, Vail, Aaro - and fir the advice. I'll try to implement it.

SDM - thanks for letting me help with your project. Can't wait to see more of it. Sorry I kinda quit early.

Also, I appreciate the support during the various crew/singles matches (greenbunny, nomek, and flux).

Good fest again, hope to see you all next time.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
ulti- no problem at all I just hope that your Secondary ^.^ will be able to get as good as your ganon then we can concentrate on getting it even better. Whenever you want some friendlies/advice im open.

56k- Your samus is lame =( but in a good way. I cant 4 stock you as easy as I used to. Now you have picked up a little mind games so gj on that. In my opinion I think samus should be your main.

Nomek - always happy to see you there even without sparrow =)

MOMD - so you learned how to play really good with fox/falco but only when you are against a fox/falco. That just makes me want to rofl. Well your learning but in a very wierd way.

SDM - Ive seen your peach do better against Falcons =P I know thats not the destroyer doodle I know.

Seanson - Practice, Practice, Practice and your falcon will soon be a beast. None of this "well I havnt played for 2 weeks" Mumbo jumbo =P

Bluewolf - I like that Bluewolf statue thingy maybe i should name myself Brownmouse!

Greenbunny - very fun friendlies. Your marth is almost as good as mine and thats sayin something! GJ on crews you wtfpwned some faces there.

Vail - Give up jiggs. Dont get angry and say "Did I even have a chance?" because you know ill just say no.

and thats it for me Great fest Bluewolf. Ill be sure to bring chexr next time to the tourney.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Greenbunny - nice job on crews, that was sweet. I got pwnd by you in like 5 friendlies. lame.

Aaron - Ugh at your marth. Even if I didn't do too well against you, I certainly was better than I was before. My sloppy technical skill pwnd me. And maybe your marth too. teehee. Anywho, we should play some more. And you should have another OMGiggles. GJ in crewz.

SDM - pokefloats eff-tee-dubz. good matches. (footage from OMGiggles?!?!?)

pubes.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Greenbunny: Thanks for all those friendlies towards the end, I now have a little list in my head of things I should be working on thanks to you, also good job in crews you *****.

Nomek: Thanks for letting me and my friends hang out at your place Saturday morning, and nice job in the money match/singles tournament. We are getting a lot closer and better at our ever so hated match up! Also, Austin left one of his conts at your house thanks to Yaje not bringing it with him, if you could keep tabs on that till next time we meet that would be great.

Bluewolf: Thanks for those few friendlies we had at the beginning when I arrived, its nice to play against someone so much better than me so that I get used to the speed and can get better. Great smashfest as well :)

MomD: Nice job owning me in crews, at least I managed to take a stock off you this time for a change!

SDM: It's always fun playing with you, you keep it fun, and I learn a lot from you. So thanks for the friendlies and teams practice. Also good luck with your current project.

Leon: Awesome that you could make it to the smashfest despite all the work you have and stuff, it was a lot of fun playing with you and I think its pretty cool how you have a unique character set.

Everyone else: Nice seeing you.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Ha crews champion 16 for 5 I want those videos up

thx for the friendlys Aaron I think I know what to do now

SDM I'm still terrified of you my game was on that day, also if you need more help with your project just post.

argh bluewolf your f*c*ing statue distracted me.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
But I have to try out all my characters, to see how good they really are. I'll probably be using Peach the most though. DJC is just too good. I just can't stick to one character. I picked up Yoshi a week ago and I'd say my Yoshi's already as good as my Ice Climbers. >.>
You should play peach.

Seanson

Smash Ace
ill do some shouts seeing i have much time:

56k - I'm glad you fear my falcon, he's fast and insane (not mine especially, but in general). However I am not quite fluent with his combos, which make him the falcon he's supposed to be. Since I jsut got my face handed to me in crews I was extra un-confident with falcon so I pulled my yoshi, which I made a lot of mistakes, namely doing f-airs. You kept hitting me with the box but I just couldn't stop the f-airs, and it was my ultimate doom. Gave me some things to think about. That yoshi won me 3 matches later on so it was a fine finish for me as well.

Aaron - Always fun to see you apply the speed you are capable of. You had a bunch of knees, stretched to the very edge of the hitbox, and it was impressive. If I could land knees, or any combos for that matter, id be in luck. You know, this means you have to start playing more too! :laugh:

Ulti - I think the reason I countered your ganon was I was invading your spacing with my b-air, which lasts a while and combos itself. Ganon is easily edgeguarded, but I always get angry inside when you land a 50-60% ko from a f-air.

Greenbunny - Never thought I'd play against you, and I knew Iwould lose, so I didn't take it very hard. Yoshi for fun, but I guess I didn't do too bad, compared to earlier in crews with my noob falcon. Soon enough, I may actually be some competition... or not.

Nomek - or should I say teflon2 - its good to have someone get everyone riled up and excited and keep things, most importantly, fun. Thanks for helping filming too. Me and SDM were satisfied with our progress.

----------------!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I know what Falcon's capable of so I just didn't give him any room. A knee is a quick death for Game & Watch. Heck, any move's a quick death for Game & Watch. I didn't know what to do against Yoshi, since I had never played a good Yoshi. I just went with the general strategy...

Spam a lotta Fairs and CC down tilts
:laugh: Stated by Mew2King himself

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Good point. I hope to have improved by then as well. I may be going all Samus from here on, just to see how that turns out. :)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Ulti - I think the reason I countered your ganon was I was invading your spacing with my b-air, which lasts a while and combos itself. Ganon is easily edgeguarded, but I always get angry inside when you land a 50-60% ko from a f-air.

----------------!
Yeah, the match got frustrating after you figured out your b-air > my f-air, although its kinda nice to know I wasn't the only angry on the inside. I really need to work on my defense more.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
YAY you should really stick to it too.
I will. Samus and G&W. However, I was smashing with my friend recently and I chose a certain character just for fun. Turns out I absolutely ***** and didn't lose once. So I'm going to keep practicing him/her, and possibly debut this character if I get good enough. :chuckle:

yayuhhzzz

I never thought I'd learn so much about a character while barely playing it...

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
out of the blue question, anyone here gots myspace? this guy made a myspace called like seattlesmash or something...idk but its a midwest smashers site thought someone might be interested in it...
my myspace if anyone cares is /darthdarko ^^

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember who helped me film last week? I remember Nomek, Ulti, and Greenbunny, but I don't know the names of the other 2(?) people.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
and thus 56k departs from samus, to this newly aquired MYSTERY CHARACTER DUN DUN DUN!
Oh I'll be keeping Samus, she's definitely my best character. But this mystery character (which nobody could possibly ever figure out) is a character that I can't pass up. This character has a lot of potential and I hope to make the most of it. :)

Even though I'll get ***** in friendlies XD, it always happens when I start a new character.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
So I'm going to keep practicing him/her, and possibly debut this character if I get good enough. :chuckle:
LOL you don't have to be good with falco to win with falco. He's cheap. Just shoot lasers and spike people. That's why I hate falco and why I play as falco. He's so redic... and moist.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
All I do is dair and shine, with a bair or dsmash thrown in there. And lasers.

Playing Falco is a little tiring at first, but I'm used to him now. Working on waveshining and various technical stuff. In the end I'm sure he'll be played weird, just like every character I use. I hardly ever laser or SHL. >_>

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
The tourny is this saturday correct, I really hope I can go, my Marth is pretty d*** nice right about now.
BTW anyone need a teammate, I'll probably take out my Marth but Falco, Fox and C. Falcon are also options.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Lol. Heath.

Falco's coming along nicely. I went into auto-pilot today and I PILLAR'd! I can break shields omgz. Moisture.

Shine-comboing people up and down Battlefield is sweet. I'm getting some insane reflexes and timing from playing Falco. Plus mindgames. Well maybe not mindgames, just goofy tricks that somehow work in my favor. :chuckle: When I'm Falco, I usually go into auto-pilot and I do all kinds of crazy shiz that I don't even know how to do. It's so weird. It's second-nature. I've only been using this guy for three days. Right now it looks like I'm gonna use him at the tournament.

However, there are two things I cannot do: Waveshine and Backwards SHL. Oh, and playing Falco vs Fox is freakin' awesome.

Top Bottom