• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I will be arriving late to the smashfest on saturday. I have to work a six hour shift, I'm trying to see if they can let me work for 3 hours so Zeus' dad can come grab me from work and we can go there right away.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Sorry for DPing again.

Does anyone think they can pick me up at around 2:15ish, I get off of work at 2 I'm trying to see if I can get off earlier so I can get up there. My friend will be leaving at 10:30 with his stepmom because they have to drop off his sister at the hair salon and then they are gonna drop him off over there and then be gone until like later on in the day, so they wont be able to pick me up. His dad's schedule is pretty tight that day too as well, so he wont be able to drop me off either and my bro gets off at work at 4:30 so yeah, if anyone think they can pick me up. Give me a call

651-494-2970 I'll pitch in for gas money too on account I get paid tomorrow.

Eci4

Smash Ace
can I pretty much assume friendlies will be running for like half an hour before any tournaments or the like get started tommorow? and as of right now, all the tournaments for tommorow are just for bragging rights correct?

Eci4

Smash Ace
Sparrow I wasn't wondering about the points, rather about costs is all, but maybe they could be worth points... I mean, it would kind of show something of your skill if you did win any of these...

also, for numbers
There will be 3 of us coming from Silver Lake, Steve cannot make it due to work... if someone can get a tv, we can bring a cube w/ cables...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Sparrow I wasn't wondering about the points, rather about costs is all, but maybe they could be worth points... I mean, it would kind of show something of your skill if you did win any of these...

also, for numbers
There will be 3 of us coming from Silver Lake, Steve cannot make it due to work... if someone can get a tv, we can bring a cube w/ cables...
yeah i know, i was saying that rather than just have free tournies for glory we could actually have something to aim for

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Chexr, Vandita, and I will be arriving around 12. We will have a cube and a tv. Points or half money tournies I dont care wich one. Im pretty much going to do alot of friendlies to help minnesota get better as a whole =)

I will see you guys tommorow.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh yeah Keith will be there at 12, you should know who he is from my last tourney. I put him as Zeus in the results so just ask if he goes by Zeus in the game. I'm bringing another friend with me, well he's bringing me there. He's not very good, like he really isn't, he hasn't had a lot of time to practice with me or Keith so if you guys can give him some tips that would be awesome. He uses Ness and is trying to play with IC's *nudges Bluewolf*

Oh yeah Keith is considering doing money matches to pay my late fee at Hollywood video too lol.

Aaron - I'm playing your pika again mine got sloppy after teaching a lot of people.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I should be there around noon or a bit after. I'll have a cube with me in case we got an open tv.

D. - You and I gotta get at least one friendly in. I've gotten better since your last tournament, I l-cancel now...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
today's Saturday...and i'm stuck at Chinese school, dammit..agqhqw4987689e58ghdjvcxnjk;]'[

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Good matches everyone.

Eci4- Dont worry he gets mad when I do the same **** with my samus or keep beating him constantly. Dont take it too personally.

James Sparrow- I thought I had that 2nd round, man it was so close, I enjoyed playing you I gotta get more efficient with Pika.

Chexr- Never do that again. (Greenbunny knows that I'm talking about)

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
good fake tourney everyone!

SDM- did your peach get better or did I just not do as good becuase you got really close to beating me on fd against falco.

Bluewolf-IceClimbers suck. stop useing them =P good matches though gave me a run for my money.

bluepeach-you amazed me once again your simple tactics get you so far. makes me wonder...Tip #1. Stop rolling so much.

Disciple-pika has improved a bt since last time I played it almost beat my kirby! but in the end pichu owns all.

Sparrow- I didnt get to play you even once =( you beat my apprentice.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
D. Disciple -- i thought you had that 2nd round too. your pikachu is so crazy... i need to play it more.

Aaron -- yeah, that sucks we didn't play, you beat my apprentice too.

Chexr -- your 0-80 uthrow combos are too good. i have to work on that whole 'getting grabbed' thing. idk, i liked playing you a lot, it was a fun set.

Ulti -- good improvements on your ganon, i noticed not only an increase in your tech skill (L cancelling directly into jabs were really nice) but also you had some good mind games and tech reads and stuff. keep up the good work

BlueWolf -- you are good at this game. i shouldn't have picked pokefloats, i remember you telling me about it 2 weeks ago.

Super Doodle Man and Green Bunny (and ulti and bluewolf and chris) -- Good friendlies pre tourney

Nomek/Chris -- I was greatly impressed by your performance today, don't get too down on yourself when you lose... honestly you'd have kicked my *** if it was when i first started playing tournaments. Besides, you lost to really respectable players. work on that stuff that i told you to and come by my room and we'll smash it up and i can try to help you out some more.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'ma do thi in order of people I played...

Everyone I came with knows how I feel about them

Bluewolf... the tournament ran really smoothly... the friendlies before hand were great... I don't know what happend our first game in the real match... I was on or something... your ice climbers were crazy, I wanted to ask you about how you kept doing one thing, but I never did, and I dont think I can explain it anymore...

Aaron... Thank you for the tips... seriously every time I rolled during the tournament I thought of what you would have done to punish me... I kinda realized my peach is the only character I roll QUITE so much with... as for the matches... I'm sorry I didn't get the 2 dollar MM in, I remembered it in the middle of the tourney and spaced later though... the guys I came with really wanted to get out of there though

Disciple... man what happened.... I didn't get to play you a couple of months back but watching you play I considered us about the same level really... I coulda been wrong, but jeez you were crazy good today

(Oh man i hope I got the person right here) Chris?-whoever you were you played sheik and only sheik... I'ma go out on a limb and guess you only play against a few people right now... it really didn't seem like you knew what to do against a peach...

Zeus-... you are crazy good... it seemed that at times though you got over anxious and rushed in, and thats what won our match for me... next time we play just keep up the laser spam to pillars and I probably won't have a way around it...

GreenBunny... I dont know... I really didn't expect that at all... the match was fun though...

all the people behind me in my match against bluewolf who said I was the noobiest peach they had ever seen (I think thats what they were saying) I don't think I'm playing peach next time I play... as long as it isn't a money tourny I'll use someone else so y'all don't ***** bout a kid who can't play doing so good ya know...

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Ok, for some reason the bracket didn't get saved, but here's the top 8 places as I can remember off the top of my head:

1. Aaron
2. BlueWolf
3. SuperDoodleMan
4. Chexr
5. James Sparrow
5. Eci4
7. D. Disciple
7. Zeus

Eci: Send me a PM and I'll see if I can figure out what you're talking about.

JS: A lot of people like to try to counterstage Pokefloats against the IC's, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Disciple: Tell your friend that I'm sorry I couldn't go through the basics of the IC's with him, I'll definitely do that next time you guys come up. He should definitely keep trying to learn them though; IC's are an awesome character, and few people around here really know how to play against them. ;)

Also, I've got the ranks system worked out, but I'm still writing the webpage. If it's not done by the tourney, I'll probably just post all the ranks info on the first page.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
This was a great smashfest, can't wait for the tournament.

JS: Thanks for the encouragement, although I think you caught on to what I was doing by the end of the day. Those were fun friendlies, especially with teams.

Aaron and Chexr: Those were fun (if incredibly brief) friendlies. For some reason, you're the only two I can ledge-tech against (and still get 4-stocked).

D. Disciple: That 4-stock in our set hurt, a lot. >.< Your Pika got leagues better since last time we played. I'll have to give it another go the next time you come.

GreenBunny and Bluewolf: Thanks for the friendlies at the end. Hopefully I'll have a better Marth next time to face Falcos.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Wtf, Chexr 4th? I can tell this really was a "free" tourney. Who beat Chexr, and who was he using?
SDM knocked Chexr's Fox out of the winners bracket, and I knocked his Fox/G&W out in the losers.

Deepak: There isn't a tourney here until the 21st, so I think a bunch of people are going to CC4.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
(Oh man i hope I got the person right here) Chris?-whoever you were you played sheik and only sheik... I'ma go out on a limb and guess you only play against a few people right now... it really didn't seem like you knew what to do against a peach...
it was his first tourny, i introduced him to smash boards 2 days ago :chuckle:

4IRE (For Aiur)

Smash Cadet
I've gotten work off for the 21st and I'm bringing a friend you've never seen who plays sheik. I think I'm better now than I was before (I took the summer off so I sucked until like a week ago) so expect another 2 for the 21st FO SHO'!
P.S. Perry scrubbed out. He plays magic and guitar hero exclusively now.

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
We should definetly get some cool name for this biweekly event. Like "Minnesota rox-ur-sox Smashfest!" or something totally not like that becuase that sounds gay.

PS. Hoping to come to the next one with Masterofmydomain (sp) since he goes to college here with me.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I think we have to include Wisconsin, it gives everyone more incentive to get as many points as possible... that way whoever has the most can be all oh yeah I'm on top of WIMN

by the sound of it I dont think I'll be making it to the tourney on the 21st... I dont think Tyler like the fest too much... I dunno though.. hell, if I get any of the jobs I applied to I'll have gas money then maybe I can make the trip up there myself..

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this was my first tourny so I'm not all that experienced but that was a **** load of fun and can't wait to do it agian. And as for the whole other players deal here goes.

Dita: Dude that was probably one of the funnest matches I've ever had and for sure we need to have another epic Sheik battle. You're a lot better than me so I'm still trying to puzzle how I got the best of you but yeah we'll do it again I'm sure.

56k: Good fighting with you man. Mr. Game and Watch is such a crazy guy to play with and you did it very well. Congrats.

Eci4: Dude I didn't know what to expect when you brought out the Peach on me so you'll have to forgive my original newbness. Rest asured that next time it will be different. You put her moves together really fluently and I had a really hard time just keepin up with you. Sorry about only playin with Sheik, not good enough yet to try my luck with others.

Aaron: I have nightmares about you now, thanks. But seriously you're amazing.

That's about all I got, and sorry for being lame and only havin one character to play with.
Peace.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
thats not lame at all in fact most people only use one character as there main. Im one of the few that doesnt really have a main =(. sure i would like to say falco is but I dont think so anymore. Maybe pichu can become my main hahaha no im jk.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'm really dissapointed that my peach is the only thing I use... Nomek, our match was the 2nd ever (tourney match) for me that I used someone other than peach... against aaron I tried my marth at my first tournament, and that was a huge mistake, not that peach woulda done much better...

and aaron, I got wave dancing down pretty well, I'm just nowhere near as fast with it yet as I need to be

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, well give it a shot, you never know right? I mean think about it, who knows how to play a good Pichu?

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
nice eci4 keep practicing =P personally I hate peach so I dont usually play her so if you want more tips ask sdm.

As for pichu being my main that probably wouldnt be smart just because then I would probably lose to sdm,bluewolf,chexr. I just use him to mess around with =) and to all the people that say pichu sucks because he hurts himself.

fox,falco,falcon,marth,link,mario,samus are all in the same category =(
on the next game im just gonna pick 3 characters that im gonna be.

Top Bottom