• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Eci4

Smash Ace
thats not even possible that you do that... I mean you were sick of young link after 2 rounds... I really dont see you sticking with 3 characters ever...

and I really havent been playing peach since then... I've been playing Marth and Doctor Mario, I swear I'm going to use more than peach....

Eci4

Smash Ace
sparrow, secretly I wanted to play you, but I don't know how to ask for friendlies so I just played who I could...

I'm almost certain I wont be at the tourney although I probably will have a job in the next few days so that means I'll be more likely to be able to drive to more of these...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm working on a bunch of new characters including: Ice Climbers (now I can control what Nana does!), Samus, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Peach, and Captan Falcon. Maybe Kirby. Sheik too. Plus I'm still working with Game & Watch for the usual laggy ownage.

lol I was a noob back then >_>

Eci4

Smash Ace
we'll be back for the tourney, so blue peach will be back and slightly improved, see you all there!
dude I'm sorry, but I'm blue peach... no one knew my name the first tourny, and in doubles I would 2vs1 an awful lot, so some people (actually I think it was only aaron) started yelling go blue peach... he hasn't acknowledged mea s anything since...

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
lol hmm 2 blue peachs omg! wich one is real?

56k: good for you keep practicing then maybe we can G&W ditto

Disciple: I bet my samus can beat yours =P

Eci4

Smash Ace
Oh man, there is totally gonna be a blue peach ditto... thats the only answer to who gets to be know as THE blue peach...

For a battle of such epic proportions of course each of us would have to abstain from using blue peach....

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf: I'm no Ulti, but I can still do some damage with him. He is my old main after all.
You do me too much credit.

As for the color match, use the color glitch (Kizzu and Walk Marth ditto vids in 1v1 section should have them) so you can have a real ditto and both be blue peach. :)

Color matches ftw.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
lol color match, find some time on the 21st and it's on.

loser should have to use Daisy, at least for the remainder of the day, it's not a color match unless there's some shame in defeat.

Eci4

Smash Ace
lol color match, find some time on the 21st and it's on.

loser should have to use Daisy, at least for the remainder of the day, it's not a color match unless there's some shame in defeat.
I'm cool with the loser having to use Daisy the rest of the day (secretly, she's my second choice)

but yeah, I'm not gonna make it to the 21st most likely (I don't really have money for gas, much less a tournament) so it will have to wait

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
holy crap MN smashers!!! is this tourny open to all? if it is im deffinately gonna try to come down. i live up by Elk River, so its not tooo far...

I use Falco/Fox, Marth, and...Mewtwo(hes teh 1337)

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
cool, look forward to coming to it, so just call that cell # right?

P.S. i look forward to playin u james :D i saw some of ur youtube fights lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
IF i play Ness, Samus, Bowser and a tiny bit of Sheik (who doesnt), who would i play?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
sheik not my style...but...im fair-ly good with her (hehe, smash humor)

ok...who should i play with. as in which character.

k...watched windmill of fury vid.

Samus it is!!!0ne110ne11one11!!

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if you really want a chance against some of the skilled marth/fox/falcos that will be there, Samus would be your best bet or Shiek if you can use her properly. Make sure to use your Ness and Bowser in some friendlies though, that's always fun to see.

Also I never saw the rest of the discussion regarding a low-tier tourney, will we be doing one of those following the main tourneys just for fun? And does your typical low-tier tourney use the 2006 low + bottom tier list or 05, 06 i'm safe with my Pika, 05 i'll have to fall back on my Bowser.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
I was mostly speaking in comparison to Ness/Bowser :p, but at least samus is capable of making a few kills against your typical marth/shiek/space animal.

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
sweet, even more new people, but I'm not sure I can make it to the 21st, it's my fall break. Might or might not be there, I know that isn't very helpful.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I just found this tournament today, you can expect an apearence from me and my friend on the 21st.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
the skilled marth/fox/falcos that will be there
Don't forget the Ice Climbers! ;P

As for low tier, we can definitely get a low tier tourney in afterwards, and possibly a draft crews too if everyone gets here before 1:00. And low tier refers to the low and bottom tiers of the 06 list. It doesn't really matter though, because if we used the 05 list it would also include the mid tier, which makes it the same.

I've narrowed it down to two methods for working the low/high tiering for singles. I'm heading out to our homecoming dance in a couple minutes though, so I'll post them when I get back.

I'm pretty sure I'll just keep doubles as a straight up double elim. bracket though.

Also, the page really isn't anywhere near done. I'll probably just pay my friend a few dollars to write one up for me later, so I'll keep the info in the first post for now.

4IRE (For Aiur)

Smash Cadet
Anyone realize that fox/falco has fewer letters than space animals? Man, space animals is awesome though. Also, we have any breakdowns of mains or anything? I might want to start working on another character if my mains are too common (falco/marth). The last few tourneys I was the only marth-main there but he appears to have increased in popularity over the summer.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
In the tournament rules I had noticed that it said Character picks are double blind

Could I have someone confirm for me what that means exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Basically you are supposed to pick your character at the same time as your opponent to ensure that there's no counterpicking going on during the first round. The easiest way to do this is you each tell another person who you'll be picking, then you pick together.

Top Bottom