• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies [Melee, Brawl] #11 = Jan 17 2009

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So around how many people are showing to this. And if we can figure out our driving situation we may need housing for like 5 of us ;D unless our driver feels like driving for 4 hours

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
So around how many people are showing to this. And if we can figure out our driving situation we may need housing for like 5 of us ;D unless our driver feels like driving for 4 hours
the last one had around 30 - a few won't be there b/c they are going to fast but the sd crew(us) are bringing all 5 of us. So I expect the turnout to be around the same - js might hop on here and give his few cents but i think i have a good guess :D

§chizm

Smash Lord
Uh forget about the housing, Joker forgot that we were going to see the Dark Knight on Friday night, so we'll just be heading up Saturday morning. There's 5 of us coming up from Des Moines, including me and Joker.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Uh forget about the housing, Joker forgot that we were going to see the Dark Knight on Friday night, so we'll just be heading up Saturday morning. There's 5 of us coming up from Des Moines, including me and Joker.
looking forward to playing you guys - i think the ia crew has to play sd at some point for bragging rights :D

****..... ****!

with Iowa coming maybe I should just skip Sonshine and go to this.... I mean... next week warped anyway...
We'll see...
Warped is gonna be so kickass!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Alright well I guess Des Moines isn't coming anymore because our ride decided to scrub out at the last minute due to numerous johns. :mad:
Sorry guys. :ohwell:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
July 19 results

Brawl Teams Results

1 Heath Ledger's Dead - Sparrow and Deepak :snake::metaknight:
2 Big tuna Magic - Big Tuna and Neo Magic :marth::ness2:
3 Team S Kioski - SDM and Seanson :rob::lucas:
4 Birds of Prey - Bluewofl and Greenbunny :dedede::falco:
5 FroFessionals - 56K and Ulti :snake::dedede:
5 We Like to Cuddle - Shrinkray and Nold :olimar::dk2:
7 Why'd you give your only pokemon? - Disciple and Stacy? :lucario::ike:
7 Cuddling is for ***s - R1ngo and Firewulf :dedede::marth:
9 Vetch - ? :random::random:
9 Ganondorf Kamakaze - Wobby and Slivr :gw::falco:
9 Tweety bird - Tbird and... :random::random:
9 Bombic Lucarison - Spinr and Bombr :metaknight::wolf:
13 Rats from Pluto - Revengska and.. :gw::random:
13 Kira1 - :random::random:
13 Knights - :random::random:

Teams Bracket

Brawl Singles Results

1 Disciple :lucario:
2 ShrinkRay :olimar:/:metaknight:
3 Seanson :lucas:
4 Deepak :snake:/:kirby2:
5 Neo Magic :ness2:
5 Sparrow :zerosuitsamus:
7 Bluewolf :dedede:
7 SDM :rob:
9 Ulti :snake:
9 Big Tuna :marth:
9 GreenBunny :falco:
9 56k :dedede:/:wario:
13 FireWulf :marth:
13 Vaan :random:
13 Nappy :snake:
13 Slivr :falco:
17 King.Wobby. :gw:
17 Nold :dk2:
17 R1ngo :dedede:
17 Revengska :gw:
17 Spinr :sonic:/:metaknight:
17 Bombr :wolf:

Singles Bracket

Melee Singles Results

1 Sparrow :falco:
2 Disciple :fox:/:pikachu2:
3 Seanson :yoshi2:
4 Deepak :jigglypuff:
5 Bluewolf :shiek:
5 SDM :peach:
7 Greenbunny :marth:
7 56k :random:
9 Big Tuna :marth:
9 NeoMagic :random:
9 Vaan :marth:
9 Ulti :falcon:

Melee singles bracket

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Here are my shoutouts:

Sparrow - Again, well done hosting this tournament. Surprisingly we got an over abundance of setups this time which was awesome.

Disciple - crazy Lucario, but now i have a video to analyze so I can beat you next time (jk, too lazy to analyze). congrats on 1st man, must be the practice from Wisconsin.

Shrink - you are too cool man and you give me too much credit than I deserve. I don't even know how I managed to 3 stock you.

Spinr - I finally got to face you 1v1, too bad we didn't get to play long because of the tournament. Not bad of sonic, probably the best one I've played... (who else plays sonic!?!) Thanks for bringing your recorder and uploading it really fast. Without it, I wouldn't be able to watch my 3 stock on Shrink tounge.gif

Deepak - Come on man, where's the love? I've lost 7 straight tournament sets to you. Not to mention the mm too wink.gif. Lol, looks like I got a new goal now though.

SDM + Seanson - It was a miracle that we beat you guys in doubles. That was my 3 seconds of glory right there because you both are hella good. (Then deepak and sparrow took the glory away by sweeping us). Next time, we gotta play 1v1s.

Bluewolf - Can't believe I managed to win that Kirby v DDD matchup.

Tunuva - Thanks for being my partner. Shocked that we placed 2nd, but glad at the same time.

56k / Ulti - awesome doubles matches

SD crew - Thanks for showing up, it wouldn't have been that fun had you guys not have shown up. Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys around more often. Heck, I'll even try to make it to SD tourneys.

Other people that I didn't mention / New people that showed up - Nice to meet you guys and hopefully we'll be seeing you guys at more tournaments.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
There will be a 5 dollar entry SSBM singles tournament this weekend. That is on top of free brawl teams and singles.

People are also wanting to do crews.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I'm in Minneapolis, and I'm interested now.

When is the next one and what's the address? Also, I want to bring my cousin along if y'all don't mind.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
August 16th 11:30-10:00: Melee singles and teams, Brawl singles and teams.

four events, one action packed day, be there, be ready to play, no johns.

Top Bottom