• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies [Melee, Brawl] #11 = Jan 17 2009

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Today was my last day of good solid practice before this...I have to work the next couple of days...we have little internet b/c of moving restrictions...so if i'm not online before the 7th...good luck to everyone!

chansen

Smash Lord
Or you just played some kid at gamestop and ***** him as D3.

That was satisfying.

/:dedede:-ALL DIS ***** DO IS GRAB!

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
sago are you in madison MN or SD? i know there is one in both states, but if ur in SD you should definately try to get in some friendlies

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Directions on arrival: Parking lot R1, which is right next to my building (Morrison Hall), should be open for visitor parking on the weekend. If you're driving, I recommend parking there. Alternatives would be R3, if you want to try it, or parking on a side street. If you're getting dropped off, you can get dropped right under the skyway. For both such instances, you should enter the door below the skyway. Upon entering, look for the door labeled "STAIRS" and proceed to walk up to the 4th floor. At this point, the door you will come to is unlocked by resident keys. You will need to call me (920-428-3040) to be let through this door. If you want to take the elevator due to TV or setup weight, you can have someone go up first and then press the button when you're in the elevator so you come up. After getting through the locked door, look for the green wall marked with "ARCADE AVE" sign, and that is the room we will be in. I will not be giving out my ID card to be used to get in and out of the building, because having done that in the past led to losing my card. If you want to get back in arrange for someone to let you in. There are publicly available restrooms on the floor just outside the room we're in. Please wear deodorant, we will be in there all day and we all know how bad it can get.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Directions on arrival: Parking lot R1, which is right next to my building (Morrison Hall), should be open for visitor parking on the weekend. If you're driving, I recommend parking there. Alternatives would be R3, if you want to try it, or parking on a side street. If you're getting dropped off, you can get dropped right under the skyway. For both such instances, you should enter the door below the skyway. Upon entering, look for the door labeled "STAIRS" and proceed to walk up to the 4th floor. At this point, the door you will come to is unlocked by resident keys. You will need to call me (920-428-3040) to be let through this door. If you want to take the elevator due to TV or setup weight, you can have someone go up first and then press the button when you're in the elevator so you come up. After getting through the locked door, look for the green wall marked with "ARCADE AVE" sign, and that is the room we will be in. I will not be giving out my ID card to be used to get in and out of the building, because having done that in the past led to losing my card. If you want to get back in arrange for someone to let you in. There are publicly available restrooms on the floor just outside the room we're in. Please wear deodorant, we will be in there all day and we all know how bad it can get.
wow...complicated...expect a call from me tomorrow!! I want the sticker so I'm bringing a setup.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Next of these is on July 5th. It is a smash fest, so don't plan to spend money on tournaments. Any tournaments that happen will be free-play.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Hey, I might give you a holla. Ill be in Minnesota for a soccer tournament but Ill prob wanna come and smash with Minnesota peeps for once. Im a Nebraskan BTW ;-D.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I think Im going to bring a VCR (because Im old school like that) and record stuff if that's fine with you guys.

shrodekill

Smash Cadet
i might actually stop in. I'm kind of a noob cause i never get any practice in, especially any practice against good people. I never noticed this thread before lol.

i'll be representing Falco a bit. maybe snake if i get rolled too hard.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Next one is tournament on July 19th.

For the tournament, I can't stress how important it is that people bring setups. For almost half the time at the last fest we had like 2 setups, one was mine. Remember you get a prize for bringing one, WHY WOULDNT YOU!?

Also, I would really appreciate it if people read the directions on how to get in. I will be propping the door that requires a key open, so no one should need me to let them in if they follow the directions.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Next one is tournament on July 19th.

For the tournament, I can't stress how important it is that people bring setups. For almost half the time at the last fest we had like 2 setups, one was mine. Remember you get a prize for bringing one, WHY WOULDNT YOU!?

Also, I would really appreciate it if people read the directions on how to get in. I will be propping the door that requires a key open, so no one should need me to let them in if they follow the directions.
I think we got one setup again - we "may" be able to bring two - but I don't know if we can fit the second tv.

Sparrow - if you are willing to start the tourney at 1pm - we are able to bring all 4 members of our crew that are good.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
gonna make some calls and see if we can make the tourney.

how was the turnout at the last one?

Chexr

Smash Ace
There were 34 entrants at the last one. Me and aaron will be gone though so this one is up for grabs =o

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I'll be there for both Doubles and Singles. Gonna need a teammate, IOC where you at?

I finally get to see how well I do in a singles tourney without having to leave or worrying about people calling me up at work.

Top Bottom