• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Some people clearly missed Golden Sun 2 and the frankly amazing looking New SMB Wii.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Wait... really?

I thought Sony had a good showing, but not really any better than Microsoft or Nintendo. Everyone showed up with their A game this year.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
Nintendo pretty much showed that they have nothing in comparison to Microsoft or Sony. I think Sony won as well with their conference but that's because I haven't seen microsoft yet but heard they did very well.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Wait... really?

I thought Sony had a good showing, but not really any better than Microsoft or Nintendo. Everyone showed up with their A game this year.
I completely disagree. I've obsessed over every E3 since it existed, and feel that while everyone had a decent showing, Microsoft had the best, followed by Sony. Nintendo easily had the worst showing of the show.

The mood of the room was tense and it felt like a funeral watching it on television. They not only didnt learn that we dont like Cammie, they OPENED up with her and kept her on stage for ages. Nintendo proceeded to spend 80% of their time talking about games and peripherals that we ALREADY KNEW ABOUT, almost as if we were going to be blown away by Wii Sports 2 and motion plus....again.

And dont get me started on COP and women murder mystery...whatever. As if those games need any showcasing at a conference dedicated to game journalist and the most hardcore gamers on the planet.

All this for Iwata to come on stage and show us a device that you put your finger in.

Huh.

Nintendo blew it, and only THEY could conjur up an environment that would make Mario Galaxy 2 seem unsatisfying upon announcement. If it weren't for that AMAZING Metroid game, Nintendo would pretty much be facing tomatoes thrown their way.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
^ I agree. If you compare that Wii Vitality sensor Nintendo debuted with the new motion controller Sony introduced, I think it's pretty clear which presentation was more exciting. I love Nintendo and all and am excited about all of the new Mario games coming out (and the Team Ninja Metroid), but Sony kept busting out new s*** left and right, and hinted at appealing to the wide audience that Nintendo has been striving for in an admittedly cooler manner.

Plus that new kart racing game looks raw as h***.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
That new kart game looks AMAZING!
If only Sony had any innovation instead of just engineers or Nintendo had any engineering over sheer innovation.

Sony's response to Nintendo is a motion control wand and a mascot based cart racer.

Hmmm...

I cant wait for an HD Wii with an online community. In 50 years.

PS: The Gameboy Camera came out well before the EyeToy.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
If only Sony had any innovation instead of just engineers or Nintendo had any engineering over sheer innovation.

Sony's response to Nintendo is a motion control wand and a mascot based cart racer.

Hmmm...

I cant wait for an HD Wii with an online community. In 50 years.

PS: The Gameboy Camera came out well before the EyeToy.
That's how this stuff always works though. One goes off the other and I think sony had quite a bit of innovation in that kart game. Instant creation and playable tracks is pretty sweet. They seemed to kind of combine mario kart with track design though so you still have a good point.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
That's how this stuff always works though. One goes off the other and I think sony had quite a bit of innovation in that kart game. Instant creation and playable tracks is pretty sweet. They seemed to kind of combine mario kart with track design though so you still have a good point.
I get your point, but if we're gonna praise track design, I'd like to point you in the direction of this awesome little game called "Excitebike"...

Really though, Sony just has an awful track history with ripping off Nintendo in blatant ways. What Microsoft is doing with the Natal, I feel, is the natural progression of the marketplace feeding off a good idea. What Sony did with the eyetoy, mascot based platformers, dual shock controller, force feedback, and now the motion controller - I feel - treads into obvious lifting.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
I get your point, but if we're gonna praise track design, I'd like to point you in the direction of this awesome little game called "Excitebike"...

Really though, Sony just has an awful track history with ripping off Nintendo in blatant ways. What Microsoft is doing with the Natal, I feel, is the natural progression of the marketplace feeding off a good idea. What Sony did with the eyetoy, mascot based platformers, dual shock controller, force feedback, and now the motion controller - I feel - treads into obvious lifting.
I completely agree. However, it can't keep going to trying to innovate because let's face it; they're giant companies that want to make money so they'll copy as much as they can haha. Although, Nintendo has been the leader of all this.

Microsoft is doing something very amazing but I don't think you'll see it truly shine for a year or so. It's going to be pretty massive to gaming though whenever it does.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Good job at joker's guys. At sloth zoze took 2nd, I took 4th, and Thinkaman got 5th. It sucked cuz towards the end we all had to eliminate each other, mainly because zozefup is a noob and lost to ganon in the winners.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Good job at joker's guys. At sloth zoze took 2nd, I took 4th, and Thinkaman got 5th. It sucked cuz towards the end we all had to eliminate each other, mainly because zozefup is a noob and lost to ganon in the winners.
GANON?!?! .... ugh. I'm not even going to make up an insult for that. Just don't mindlessly approach him and all you have to do is punish is terribly slow moves that are easy as all get out to avoid.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Milk's account seems to have been taken over by viral marketers.

Begin the shun.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Yeah!
Guys!
Get PUMPED!
15 days!
HYPE HYPE HYPE.
We might come for a smashfest during a random day. We'll see.
When do they usually happen?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
k I'm done talking about E3, got it out of my system.
Hope to see everyone there on the 20th.
I would've came by today Metal, but I haven't heard a single thing from Cody since the last AR, no joke.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Yeah!
Guys!
Get PUMPED!
15 days!
HYPE HYPE HYPE.
We might come for a smashfest during a random day. We'll see.
When do they usually happen?
metal usually has stuff on tuesdays, and rauleen, corey, and I might be having one soon too.

TP

Smash Master
GANON?!?! .... ugh. I'm not even going to make up an insult for that. Just don't mindlessly approach him and all you have to do is punish is terribly slow moves that are easy as all get out to avoid.
I agree. How the **** did he lose to a Ganon?

Just so you guys know, that Ganon has done more for the character than anyone else. He made the guaranteed followup chart, with what hits based on the opponents DI and everything. He's an awesome guy.

But seriously, how'd he go and lose to a Ganon?

Corey, I plan to smash with you guys before the next Rave if possible. I need to show you how far my character you told me to learn has come along.

MetalMusicMan

boss- nothing smash related going on with me tonight. RL calls. :p

as for kit, i host every tuesday around 5pm and occasionally on the weekends, which i usually post here beforehand.

also lawl Corey

Teh Future

Smash Master
Its like saying D3 fsmash goes through tornado, I didnt think it was actually useable.

Maybe Lain's just REALLY good.

But in the end, Yoshi's pivot grab >>> life

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to start randomly referencing to Yoshi's pivot grab now in the middle of conversations.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Guess I'm not coming to STL guys, sorry, since it's been raining.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm serious. Long story.

Teh Future

Smash Master
^Thats worse news than looking at the new tier list :(

I was looking forward to plaiing you.

Anyone want to barwl tomorrow around nooooooon?

umm that lives close to me

TP

Smash Master
Thinkaman better ****ing come to the next Aerial Rave. I will not be pleased if I just spent 10 hours learning Marth and playing several Jigglypuffs with him for nothing.

Of course, him not coming is ultimately good for my placing, but he is still a good guy in general, so I want him there.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
You've been playing Marth, to beat my Jigglypuff?

Ahahaha, want a money match?

MetalMusicMan

^Thats worse news than looking at the new tier list :(

I was looking forward to plaiing you.

Anyone want to barwl tomorrow around nooooooon?

umm that lives close to me
new tier list is sex for the most part, definitely the best one so far, whatchoo talkin bout?

i mean, falco should be lower, g&w should be higher, etc. but it's still overall the most accurate one so far.

TP

Smash Master
You've been playing Marth, to beat my Jigglypuff?

Ahahaha, want a money match?
**** no I don't want a money match. At best, I hoped my Marth would take a stock on you, both games. I had to try because I don't want to just luck my way past you in a bracket every tournament, but there will never be more than a slim chance of me beating you. You have "skill."

Top Bottom