• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

M

mhpm3

smash number: 1633-3842-6116
im in south city near bevo mill. let me know if you want to add me.

M

mhpm3

im going to add the folowing... arias/ falco/ brawlpro/ apollo/ nikepk. i'd love to play with you guys, its always fun playing local people.

so add me if you want. the names matt

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Legan and I just made brawl videos featuring my wario and his freakin awesome link. Hope you enjoy.

Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7JAF8Aa9k
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1nNNmU0PqQ
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1624osgEAis
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nbFqIQMQQ
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha0Dyax5Tts
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgx0hKqaJL8
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3mXEdx5-OY
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wwJ451nNU
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUUzS35HnI
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwxLQKL3-Ko
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzbiE5d2xc
Toga (wario) vs Legan (link) 12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jqjAi-vheM

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You guys have GOT to tell me when you record these things.

Anybody going to be playing today or tomorrow? I don't want to fall too far behind the reset of the scene.

Scion

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I live in the STL area, here's my friend code : 0130 - 1473 - 3085

If anyone wants to play some just let me know :D

Scion

Smash Cadet
I have a question, for tournaments in the St. Louis area, will they be posted here? or where should I look?

Scion

Smash Cadet
I see, ok thanks. Ya i never got into any tournaments with Melee but i really want to start playing competitively with brawl.

but also, I want to play some friendlies with people in the area because I'm tired of playing with lag. My FC is to my left, if you add me let me know. I'll probably add some people when i get the energy. /sigh

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
so many newcomers! i love it!

yeah so basically...

i play like 10 characters in brawl, i can't decide!

i really like fox still though which is cool

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The Tale of a Broken Woman, by Thinkaman

----------

Random walked down the dimly lit street, paying little heed to the rain. The rain was a light one, the kind that sets up tension for a meeting or confrontation, not the heavy kind that gives way to chaotic action and poor camera angles. Random did not need clues from the weather today though; the unfolding events were long in coming.

It didn't take long to find, but he almost missed her; the normally frilly and bright pink dress was covered in soot and torn beyond recognition. The front yard was covered in an array of boxes and furniture in various states, the house itself a wreck only eviction could explain. Did she have some real purpose hunched over among these random belongings, or was she simply hoping to avoid the public's eye? She fumbled with a suitcase that looked like it has been thrown into the pile, only to have its contents fumble out into the mud. With no sign of emotion she fell to her needs and began coaxing the mess back into the case.

This, Random thought, was a broken woman.

"Hey there," Random didn't look her direction as he spoke. As he waited to see if she heard him, or would even respond if she did, he lit a cigarette. He didn't really know why he would light it, much less why he had one in the first place, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

It seems the woman decided not to ignore the person passing by. "I should have expected to see you, you having nothing better to do and all." Any formality in the lady's voice had long been lost, any polite tone long vanished. "Come to laugh, or just be smug? This what you wanted, the misery of others?"

Random afforded himself a chuckle, "You're one to talk about misery." The unused, smoking cigarette in his hand was getting annoying; he needed something he could stylistically put it out on, like a small dog. "Of course this is what I want. This is exactly what everyone deserves. What else would I want, what else would I expect?" He spotted a broken parasol snapped in two by the sidewalk. That would do; the cigarette butt looked oddly in place on top of its torn fabric. "It's like the universe is holding a contest to see who fulfills my expectations the most."

"Oooh, did I win?" The sarcasm could not have been more thick, only to give way to rage. "They took everything! The down-smash, the double jump, the grab, the air priority, they took it all!" Her face was twisted beyond any feminine ideal. Could this be the same popular girl who ruled her high school? Could this be the same daddy's girl who had everything she desired when growing up? Could this be the same charming girl who everyone adored ever so much, everyone except that annoying Random kid? Her face twisted further into a snarl, "Why have you spent your entire life despising me?"

"Despising? Do you still understand nothing?" Random spoke firmly, but still gazed out into the street. "All this time I was preparing you for this, because the writing was on the wall. You were bound to end up here, the pampered floaty d-smash *****, and it'd be ten times worse if I hadn't been on your case every hour of the day. All my venom, all my rage was not because I despised... but because I cared."

The blond could not comprehend; perhaps the only person who truly understood her for her entire life, she had spent rejecting. "Why... why did you do this to me?"

Random looked at the woman for the first time "Because... You're my daughter."

----------

lol guyz plz read/review plz leave comments I <3 <3 <3 u all!!!11

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord

----------

Random walked down the dimly lit street, paying little heed to the rain. The rain was a light one, the kind that sets up tension for a meeting or confrontation, not the heavy kind that gives way to chaotic action and poor camera angles. Random did not need clues from the weather today though; the unfolding events were long in coming.

It didn't take long to find, but he almost missed her; the normally frilly and bright pink dress was covered in soot and torn beyond recognition. The front yard was covered in an array of boxes and furniture in various states, the house itself a wreck only eviction could explain. Did she have some real purpose hunched over among these random belongings, or was she simply hoping to avoid the public's eye? She fumbled with a suitcase that looked like it has been thrown into the pile, only to have its contents fumble out into the mud. With no sign of emotion she fell to her needs and began coaxing the mess back into the case.

"Hey there," Random didn't look her direction as he spoke. As he waited to see if she heard him, or would even respond if she did, he lit a cigarette. He didn't really know why he would light it, much less why he had one in the first place, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

It seems the woman decided not to ignore the person passing by. "I should have expected to see you, you having nothing better to do and all." Any formality in the lady's voice had long been lost, any polite tone long vanished. "Come to laugh, or just be smug? This what you wanted, the misery of others?"

Random afforded himself a chuckle, "You're one to talk about misery." The unused, smoking cigarette in his hand was getting annoying; he needed something he could stylistically put it out on, like a small dog. "Of course this is what I want. This is exactly what everyone deserves. What else would I want, what else would I expect?" He spotted a broken parasol snapped in two by the sidewalk. That would do; the cigarette butt looked oddly in place on top of its torn fabric. "It's like the universe is holding a contest to see who fulfills my expectations the most."

"Oooh, did I win?" The sarcasm could not have been more thick, only to give way to rage. "They took everything! The down-smash, the double jump, the grab, the air priority, they took it all!" Her face was twisted beyond any feminine ideal. Could this be the same popular girl who ruled her high school? Could this be the same daddy's girl who had everything she desired when growing up? Could this be the same charming girl who everyone adored ever so much, everyone except that annoying Random kid? Her face twisted further into a snarl, "Why have you spent your entire life despising me?"

"Despising? Do you still understand nothing?" Random spoke firmly, but still gazed out into the street. "All this time I was preparing you for this, because the writing was on the wall. You were bound to end up here, the pampered floaty d-smash *****, and it'd be ten times worse if I hadn't been on your case every hour of the day. All my venom, all my rage was not because I despised... but because I cared."

The blond could not comprehend; perhaps the only person who truly understood her for her entire life, she had spent rejecting. "Why... why did you do this to me?"

----------

Thread over.

Random6669

Smash Apprentice

Wow.... I'm flattered.

For a brief moment I thought this was a more elaborate thing because I just recently started writing a novel. It only took me a while to realize that it was just a crazy coincidence that this story was written in that way and posted not 2 weeks after I began covering my outline. Still, this was a crazy coincidence.

Think-a-man, godly post, I have never been written into a story as a character before. It was truly and honor.

But I want to make one thing clear, she's not my daughter...
She's a surrogate mother who's pregnant......with my daughter.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Advanced Slobs Counterpicks, as the common practice is known, consists of this:

1. Loser picks stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character

In other words, you always are allowed to change character; the loser just gets to pick after seeing what the winner does.

treppy

Smash Apprentice

----------

----------

<Random> ...what? Condoms feel weird!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can't sleep, I blame B-sticking.

STL roll call, who is thinking about maining who?

Toga's looking beastly with Wario, Legan's got both Links under control, and I'll keep up the Jiggs of course. I assume Sam is straight up Zamus and Geno said something about Lucas? Sam should at least keep up Zelda too now that she's amazing, and we should get Random playing Peach since he's probably enjoy it out of spite.

With so many characters and potential counters, it seems like maining multiple people will be more important in Brawl; I know I'm not gonna play just Jiggs any more, sure that's good news. Personally, I'm liking Olimar, PT, Falco, a little bit of Lucas and Diddy, and believe it or not, I'm loving Ganondorf. (It's all "Oh, I'm so slow and stupid and useless I can't do anything--oh, I was just kidding, you're dead now.") Pit's alright too I guess. I also destroyed someone with Falcon, which was nice.

Oh, and Random is going to hate Pit, I'm calling it.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
i really love lucas. Actually, I can't find anyone else I like in the game all that much. Poke Trainer's alright I guess. I try to like Lucario, but I just can't... =( I haven't unlocked Jiggs, Wolf, or Toon Link yet though... so maybe there's still some hope. How does jiggs play in this one compared to Melee?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm maining Lucas for sure but it seems like (once again) I picked a character with a lot of bad matchups.

/sigh

Edit: Where are those doubles matches recorded on Friday?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
dibs on Lucas, Ness, and Ike :).

But in other new, FIRST OFFICAL GENO BRAWLFEST THIS FRIDAY!!!!
come after 5 and bring setups!!

Also, I must agree though I'm late in saying this that Kyle's earlier post was completely amazing. (goes back and reads again.)

Top Bottom