• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I like how Lucas is getting more love than any of the "top tier" characters. That's why St. Louis is great.

Geno I might not make it to a Friday Brawlfest this week.

Lil Hero said:
hi st louis!
Hi?

TTT

Smash Journeyman
Hey yo who's around it's my spring break and i need some smash so whoever is welcome to come to my place and brawl

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i'm maining pikachu...

hahhaha actually no i'm not. I will be there this friday for the smashfest most likely.

i play lots of chars butttt i'm probly leanin towards marth\metaknight. (guess why LOL)

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Hmm, bad news. I may have to cancel Fridays smashfest due to the basement flooding. Ill keep you all posted hopefully by Friday ill have it all fixed.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Sry for Double post but I feel its important enough.

as of right now the smashfest is still on. Just hope it doesn't rain again in the next few days.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I just realized my Lucas is no good; I still like him but it looks like Ice Climbers will be my "main" until further notice.

Geno do you wavebounce with Lucas?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
wtf is wavebouncing...

and i am really... really... bad at brawl....

i have a lot of melee habits to kill. I'm still iffy on friday, but i would like to see some ToS should i go. (As I have never played it)

A 2

Smash Apprentice
I just realized my Lucas is no good; I still like him but it looks like Ice Climbers will be my "main" until further notice.

Geno do you wavebounce with Lucas?
I liked lucas for a while but then I realized he was mostly trash, right now I've been playing Luigi, G&W, Olimar, & PT. With Olimar being the least fun out of the group but hes just too good.

Stupid Fred and his really good Toon Link.

See ya all tommorow.

-A2

MuBa

Smash Lord
I can't sleep, I blame B-sticking.

STL roll call, who is thinking about maining who?

Toga's looking beastly with Wario, Legan's got both Links under control, and I'll keep up the Jiggs of course. I assume Sam is straight up Zamus and Geno said something about Lucas? Sam should at least keep up Zelda too now that she's amazing, and we should get Random playing Peach since he's probably enjoy it out of spite.

With so many characters and potential counters, it seems like maining multiple people will be more important in Brawl; I know I'm not gonna play just Jiggs any more, sure that's good news. Personally, I'm liking Olimar, PT, Falco, a little bit of Lucas and Diddy, and believe it or not, I'm loving Ganondorf. (It's all "Oh, I'm so slow and stupid and useless I can't do anything--oh, I was just kidding, you're dead now.") Pit's alright too I guess. I also destroyed someone with Falcon, which was nice.

Oh, and Random is going to hate Pit, I'm calling it.
I got dibs on Lucario and Snake.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
OMG muba posted!!!

I havent actually tried wavebouncing yet. Actually havent played in about a week =\.

BTW im thinking we should have like 1 melee set up just for old times sake :).
so if someone brings a cube that would be awesome.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
STL Crew Adventures in Bizzaro World, by Thinkaman

----------

A familiar announcer declared a winner: Deku's Pikachu was the best in the nation, but couldn't keep up with Zig-Zag's high tier characters. "What a tier *****;" Deku complained loudly to everyone in Geno's attic, "you'd never beat anyone if you had to use real characters!"

"Bah, everyone is a real character except Jigglypuff!" Thinkaman was known for rabid anti-Jigglypuff rants. Everyone just laughed it off. It was a close-knit group, who had played Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Geno's attic it seemed almost since the game came out in 2001. Now, after almost 7 years, a new Super Smash Bros. game, "Melee" had finally been released. Everyone was highly excited about this new game, and wanted to play it non-stop.

Well, almost everybody.

"MOTHER EFFING AIR DODGE!" Random had managed to suicide by air dodging off the stage. "You know, this wouldn't be as big of a problem if people in this game could ACTUALLY GRAB THE EDGE! 'Oh, the edge is right behind me? Instead of reaching around and maybe GRABBING IT, I think I'll just fall to my death!' Nevermind the airdodge itself BREAKING PHYSICS!"

Random had hated Melee from the first impressions of it. As much as others argued with him that Melee would be a much better game than Brawl, especially Thinkaman, Random insisted that Brawl would always be more competitive.

"C'mon Random, the new directional air-dodge adds a level of complexity!"

"No, it REMOVES complexity, it's a crutch for people without skill. Trying to attack? How about I DEFY PHYSICS and teleport five feet out of the way! Except you can't actually use it to dodge intelligently, since the game doesn't let you do ANYTHING after dodging, not even another air dodge! It's crap like this, Melee is all about taking away options and strategy to make the game have less depth. I mean, they took out almost every advance technique!"

"Pssh, you know we'll find new advances techs in Melee. Like, people are already talking about using the directional airdodge into the ground to slide, they called it 'wavedashing'--"

"Okay first off, that's a ******** name. Second, you can slide like two feet, BIG DEAL! If this is the best Melee has to offer--"

Thinkaman was getting almost as irritated as Random was. "They are even bringing back Z-canceling like in the 64 version; that's going to make the game so much more fast-paced and exciting!"

"Great, just what the game needs, nonpunishable aerials. As if Melee wasn't already faster than a hyperactive cheetah on crack anyway, rendering all thought-out plans and strategies completely useless, not to mention good spacing... Entire point of the game shot down and made into a button-masher... It's worse than Crysis..."

By this time Andy showed up and Geno suggested they order a pizza. "Where's Toga?!?" Andy's roommate Toga almost never showed up to smashfests, but the group always pestered Andy to bring Toga anyway.

"Well at least you have to admit that the character balance in Melee is going to be a ton better than the crap in Brawl."

"You're kidding? Have you seen Shiek and Mewtwo? You call that balance?" The new Shiek in Melee was widely-agreed as horrible: her foward air caused damage to herself instead of the opponent, and her down-throw for some reason broke her shield; the only good move she had at all was her forward-B whip. Mewtwo, on the other hand, could control other characters with his mind and make them jump off the screen. Plus, his smashes were faster than some character's tilts and killed at 60%.

"It just needs more time for people to develop counters and stuff..." said Thinkman stubbornly.

"Crews!!! Falcon vs. Luigi crews!!!" Lixi was always wanting to do something ridiculous. Geno told Lixi to shut up and stop playing ******** characters, telling everyone to stick to "the top four."

Meanwhile, Random persisted: "The fact is, Melee was not made to be a tactical and strategic competitive fighting game like Brawl; it was designed to appease the lowest common denominator of hyper little kids who just want to bash as many buttons as fast as they can.."

"It's not my fault if Melee is too fast for you to handle, it's still going to be played at least as competitively as Brawl no matter what you think!"

Someone interjected "Would you girls shut up and give it a rest?" Sam, the only male member of STL crew, often had to step in to put a stop to these arguments. "How about you both admit one thing you like about the other game and stop talking about it?"

Thinkaman thought this was an acceptable idea. "Fine. I like in Brawl how you could customize your controls, a lot of characters and playstyles are hurt by taking that out in the new game."

Random concurred. "Right, that was one of the best things in Brawl. But okay, the one thing I like about Melee is that they made Peach better... I've always wanted to play as her. Anyway, let's play some Halo."

----------

omg guys sry i did'nt update in so long but my life was crazy and stuff so plz read and tel me waht you think! u r all so awesome and i am so glad u read my stuff1!!111

Random6669

Smash Apprentice
Well, this time you added some more people to the mix, but I am starting to get a strange feeling that my personality is getting a little....singled out in these short stories....

Anywho, funny stuff non-the-less. Although, if it was Bizzaro World, how come I still have my argumentative and complaining nature about me? I should have been the quiet agreeable attractive guy with a full head of hair making out with my girlfriend in the corner while watching Lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5bmGNQAMcQ&feature=related

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ah, don't go running away thinking that you are destined to star in anything I write; it just so happens that the guy who complains about Peach and the guy who argues with me about Brawl are one and the same.Your personality is probably the most colorful of our bunch, but that doesn't lend itself to any obsession on my part. :p

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm kinda bored with Brawl already and I don't even own the game. If there are going to be Brawl tournaments I think I'm only going to play Doubles.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I need to play you guys sometime. I still really like Lucas... and I actually like Mario pretty well too. I'm really thinking of hosting a tourney here in cape girardeau. At our midnight release of brawl we had 82 people show up to play in the tourney. So if STL, Memphis, Illinois (all relatively close) show up and we get the locals pumped for it, we should have 100+ people. I really think it could be huge. I'm gonna aim for maybe a month/month and a half away if i can find a place to host. Sound good?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I almost died in Cape Girardeau. If I go there, somebody else is going to have to drive while I lie in the back seat and suck my thumbs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I suggest avoiding activating enemy trap cards and trying to reduce their life points. If all six of their pokeymans faint, you win.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord

----------

A familiar announcer declared a winner: Deku's Pikachu was the best in the nation, but couldn't keep up with Zig-Zag's high tier characters. "What a tier *****;" Deku complained loudly to everyone in Geno's attic, "you'd never beat anyone if you had to use real characters!"

----------
fixed .

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Acknowledged and edited.

Melee friend code, please?
Melee friend codes are so annoying. You have to put the numbers in, wait for it to ring and hope they pick up; then you have to do the stupid scavenger hunt minigame to find their address in your car, wasting your time and gas, before it will let you play Smash.

happypants

Smash Cadet
Ack.

Melee friend codes are so annoying. You have to put the numbers in, wait for it to ring and hope they pick up; then you have to do the stupid scavenger hunt minigame to find their address in your car, wasting your time and gas, before it will let you play Smash.
Tis true,also my net is down and I rather play you guys in person so I can get tips on my gameplay. Can't you see my user title? :(

Top Bottom