• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
sry, Wednesday is my only day off. At least until my co-workers get back from Kosovo. But as for tomorrow. Ill hold a mini smashfest even though I probably cant play. Come any time after 4.

Legan

Smash Lord
with I-64 closed now its gunna take me 29 minutes opposed to the 24 minutes it used to take me. I hope you appreciate the sacrifices i make for you geno.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a carbondale tourney! How did I not see this... I'm gonna try and get off for it I think. Anyone else going? I'm gonna need a teammate for it...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey Fred, wanna team it up again?

Also, I think an "lol, 5-stock comeback at 90%" is warranted. Best match ever Geno...

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ok, did anyone take a silver controller on accident and leave a purple one that has duck tape on it? Legan is missing his and the only extra controller at my place is that purple one. please post if you find it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So, the plan for the Carbondale tourney is for me to drive home to Paducah on Friday, pick up my TV, take it to the tourney, possibly go back to Paducah if sleep is needed, and then bring TV back to good ole' STL.

The moral of this story is that I can take one person, maybe two, and they would be stuck going with me to Paducah on Friday. There would be practice there.

So, feel free to fight to the death to compete over this exclusive round-trip to Paducah, home of the International Quilt Museum!

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Wow I forgot all about the Carbondale tourney...Late notice I know but is anyone going that can give me a lift?
Assuming I can get a ride, wanna team Nike?

Tessius352

Smash Rookie
omg Falcon confirmed...ish. Look at that RedAlloy! XD
Blue is probably Peach...I'd say the yellow is the Animal Crossing guy...and green I have no idea. =P It looks like Kirby, but it's not, so it might be Jiggs...

I'm not gonna make it for tourneys for awhile...
The green one looks like... Vectorman. >_> If you don't know who he is you all have lost your minds! lmao of course he was from genesis but i'd LOVE to see him in... its either that or bomberman a big version? idk.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Thinkaman is clutch, and his family is top tier.

The trip to Paducah will be worth it, I assure you, along with the trip to Carbondale.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yes, that is indeed the truth. So, who is up for rockin' Paducah this weekend?

(You all realize this is just a thinly veiled excuse to childishly get post #1337, right?)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I have a LOT of cr@p to do at the lab this week, but I might still go to Carbondale if I can get a ride, and be back on Saturday.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
i'd team w/ u smooth, but if they are doing teams after singles i probably won't have enough time. I gotta leave at about 8 o'clock or so from the tournament, so I'll probably just do singles.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Once again, I can take one or two people, but we would leave Friday afternoon and stay the night in Paducah. (Basement has plenty of room as well as a full bathroom.) I'm not sure if we would come back late Saturday night or Sunday, whichever is preferred.

Letting me know ASAP would be great.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ive been so excited about brawl i forgot these tourneys were coming up...god i cant wait for z suit samus

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What do you mean? I would drive people from St. Louis to Paducah, which is a little less than 3 hours. Then Sat. morning we would drive a little over an hour to Carbondale, and then later 2 and a half or so back to St. Louis. That's my plan anyway.

The ultimate point of all this, besides having a somewhat reasonable place to stay and get there sooner, is to get my TV and bring it to STL.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
To far out of the way? He is taking you from St. Louis to the tournament! Who cares if your trip takes an hour longer than expected. It's still a short distance for a tournament

Are you coming BBQ?!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The man with the plan himself has spoken, the power of Symphonia compels you!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
its this weekend right? idk how the ride situation is going to play out. random has a big truck so maybe he should drive and we all give him gas money. i hope to be there, and if i am Zoze my Zelda wants 2 wins on your samus instead of just 1 this time ;)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
its this weekend right? idk how the ride situation is going to play out. Zoze my Zelda wants 2 wins on your samus instead of just 1 this time ;)
Lol yea, it's in 2 days! So Random and Thinkaman are the only 2 driving? That should still work out though. Oh yea Thinkaman, and the housing is only 20 min from Paducah, and on your way. So you could just come to the housing Friday night if you want? (just thinking of more options)

LOL no joke Sam! Your Zelda is insane! I have no idea what to do :( lol

BBQ, if you and Dante can get to Nortonville on Friday around 3:30pm, I could take you the rest of the way. Nortonville is about a 3 hour drive. You wouldn't get back until Sunday at about 7pm though.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Oh well I misunderstood, Kyle. I thought you meant you could drive from Paducah to Carbondale, and back.
^_^ Yeah it'd be awesome if I could get a ride with you then.
I can bring a setup (minus a TV, plus a power strip) unless there isn't enough room.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
who all from STL is coming..

as for partners, i was gonna figure it out once i got there, IF I GET THERE

unless its dante then its him for sure if he'll have me

Top Bottom