• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE Playable Stages

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
I'm not a regular to SB - mostly because of the huge crowd, but I'd like to post this here for the hacker community because any help would be appreciated.

It is true that the Dynamic SD Loader Code would be capable of more then just texture hacking and that it is probably the most powerful code ever created for brawl. Recently there was a theory put into notion that could prove quite useful.

The thing is, Stages from the sub space emessary have been, up until now, not playable. The reason for this is because they are encrypted differently then the stages for normal brawl. Though both types are .pac files, the compression is different somehow.

The theory goes like this. If you unpack an SSE stage.pac file, then repack it in the same style as the regular Brawl Stage.pac file / then using the DSDL code, put the new file in the according directory (example: pf\stage\melee\STGBATTLEFIELD.pac) then that stage would be replaced by the SSE stage.

Because of the fact that the majority of the SSE stages are pretty much based around the same exact rules the normal brawl stages are, we're about 90% sure that it would work, but have no way of testing it. I personally don't have the tools/knowledge to unpack and repack the file.

I know that the majority of you hackers don't know how to get this to happen, but I'm pretty sure that there are a number of you who have some kind of knowledge around this area.

The one that seems the most suitable for this test is the World Arena, the very first SSE stage that you fight on.

Located on disc in

\stage\adventure\010001.pac

If there is ANYONE willing to help with this, please don't hesitate to get in contact with me. I don't surf smashboards that often and will probably forget to check on this thread after a day or two, so if you'd like to help you're probably better off getting a hold of me on AIB (hacker/moderator sections) or e-mailing me

gate-hacker@hotmail

I do believe that PhantomWings is releasing the new Dynamic SD Loader code toady, I believe, and its the perfect time to start coming up with new ways to use it to the greatest extent possible.

bobson

Smash Lord
I personally don't have the tools/knowledge to unpack and repack the file.
That's the clincher. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing around yet that can extract the SSE PACs, let alone repack them with a different compression.

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you can.... someone told me it can't be done because they're in two separate parts of the disk or something of that nature. :/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Oh God someone please get Taboo's stage playable in vs. mode.
YES!

HDTV + Taboo Stage + default costume = counterpick for GameWatch

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Actually I wouldn't mind <_<

I don't think you can.... someone told me it can't be done because they're in two separate parts of the disk or something of that nature. :/
Read the post closely sir. ^_^

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have always wanted to see the stages from the maze when you fight the character shadows.

If only we could make a stage that randomly picks one of those to play on. (Ignoring some of the more unbalanced ones)

Alternately, I wouldn't mind seeing the stage that you fight bowser (with master hand lying dead in the background) as a Final Destination replacement.

These are pretty unrealistic hopes... but oh well

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
I have always wanted to see the stages from the maze when you fight the character shadows.

If only we could make a stage that randomly picks one of those to play on. (Ignoring some of the more unbalanced ones)

Alternately, I wouldn't mind seeing the stage that you fight bowser (with master hand lying dead in the background) as a Final Destination replacement.

These are pretty unrealistic hopes... but oh well
Actually, they're not unrealistic. Like I said in the original post, we're 90% sure this will work. The Dynamic SD Loader is the most powerful code ever and all we'd have to do was simply format the SSE stage correctly to get it to work where it needs to.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
If you unpack an SSE stage.pac file, then repack it in the same style as the regular Brawl Stage.pac file / then using the DSDL code, put the new file in the according directory (example: pf\stage\melee\STGBATTLEFIELD.pac) then that stage would be replaced by the SSE stage.
I thought the only thing .pac files contained was texture data... Does it actually contain the whole stage model? There's a bunch of SSE stages I'd like to play in - if this is possible, SOMEBODY PLEASE LOOK INTO IN.

If not, don't get my hopes up. -_-

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I thought the only thing .pac files contained was texture data... Does it actually contain the whole stage model? There's a bunch of SSE stages I'd like to play in - if this is possible, SOMEBODY PLEASE LOOK INTO IN.

If not, don't get my hopes up. -_-
They contain the models as well, but as of yet no one have cracked them to allow for custom models or anything of the sort. I have heard someone at Power Nation is trying to crack it but who knows how fruitful that will be.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Well, the only downside I see to this is having to sacrifice stages. Though to be honest I hate some stages and I can't wait to replace them for better ones... the new DK stage in Brawl who's name I can't remember atm is an example.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Its 75M. Also, why couldn't they just replace these stages with custom stages? It should work the same way. Correct me if I am wrong.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Stages are more then just .pac they also have .rel. I can't check if/where the SSE have .rel now because the computer I've been using broke.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I just realized... if this is ever done, wouldn't it be possible to make complete custom stages too? Like, recreate the N64 stages or something? Cause that would be too awesome...

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Yes, most likely. There still isn't any video evidence of someone repacking models, but there are claims that it has been done. But stages could potentially take more work than characters, and characters please more fans, so I expect you'll see more characters and fewer stages.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
There are so many epic and flashy stages on SSE. I´d really love to see them :)

Also, "Final Destination: Tabuu´s version" (Tabuu´s stage) would be awesome.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Yes, most likely. There still isn't any video evidence of someone repacking models, but there are claims that it has been done. But stages could potentially take more work than characters, and characters please more fans, so I expect you'll see more characters and fewer stages.
Awesome. I would do anything to have Brawl+ videos on the N64 Master Hand stage. xD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There are so many epic and flashy stages on SSE. I´d really love to see them :)

Also, "Final Destination: Tabuu´s version" (Tabuu´s stage) would be awesome.
Personally I want the Zamus + Pika vs 2 Subspace Varia Suits stage.

I don't doubt that they'll eventually be made playable somehow.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I want the False Bowser stage. You know, when you play as Fox and Diddy. I can check to see if the SSE stages have rel files now. BRB.

Edit: The SSE stages have NO rel files. :(

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm going to check again, but they are not where loacted where the other rel files are.

Sigh.... the only one I found that could be close is

sora_adv_stage.rel. Only one of these in the module section.

All of the SSE stages have effect pacs.
Some examples:
ef_AdvAncientOut.pac
ef_AdvDimension.pac
ef_AdvFactory.pac
ef_AdvLakeside.pac

What is adventure_common.arc?

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
the .rel files for SSE stages are compressed into something else - I'm not sure what it is, i've been busting my *** trying to find it.

no idea what common.arc is sorry :/

I have a sneeky suspicion that they're located buried somewhere in one of the dummy.dat files but I can't open it up to find out >.<

Top Bottom