• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta SSBU Stagelist Discussion

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Well, I'm glad there are more stages legal, but please, we have 103 stages, can we have more legal stages like Orpheon's Fregate, Rainbow Cruise, WuHu Island, Skyloft, Warioware and Dracula's Castle ?
The prevailing thought-process behind top level TOs and players is something like "We have so many possible stages this time, let's ban all bad stages this time". Some people are pushing to ban Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Lylat because they don't like slants, for instance. Out of the stages you mentioned, WarioWare is the most likely to get further testing (the others have already been proven bad), though WarioWare is starting to look fairly unlikely.

Something worth noting: Several top players have said on Twitter that they're not going to Genesis 6 because Castle Siege is legal. It seems fairly likely that having stages like Rainbow Cruise, Wuhu Island, and Dracula's Castle would scare away even more players. Losing a serious tournament because you were forced to play on a bad stage sucks.

Dreamland is a stage that is special to Smash, it's the only stage N64 stage that could be legal, and that wind can/doesn't help at times, also the looks of it, the pixels and Whispy Woods at the background, looking at the fighters beating each other up.
https://youtu.be/NGDImi8RpEI look at it go
Being "special to Smash" doesn't seem like a strong argument, you can still pick the Battlefield/Omega version after all. With hazards off the wind is a non-issue, and you can pick the Battlefield/Omega version if you like the aesthetics.

I can easily see how FO didn't turn out good after testing, but what led Skyloft to be viewed as unviable? I honestly haven't seen any tourney matches played their yet, so I don't have the exposure.
Ordered roughly from most important to least important:

1. Some characters can circle-camp under the stage, most noticeably Meta Knight, giving them a free win in certain matchups if they have the lead.
2. Certain characters can recover too easily, making the ledgegame and edgeguarding very different (and worse) compared to other stages.
3. Other characters get their recovery significantly nerfed, and are forced to recover in a linear way in order to not die.
4. Some characters can shark.
5. It's somewhat similar to Battlefield, making it slightly redundant (the platform layout is arguably less unique than Lylat's).

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
The prevailing thought-process behind top level TOs and players is something like "We have so many possible stages this time, let's ban all bad stages this time". Some people are pushing to ban Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Lylat because they don't like slants, for instance. Out of the stages you mentioned, WarioWare is the most likely to get further testing (the others have already been proven bad), though WarioWare is starting to look fairly unlikely.

Something worth noting: Several top players have said on Twitter that they're not going to Genesis 6 because Castle Siege is legal. It seems fairly likely that having stages like Rainbow Cruise, Wuhu Island, and Dracula's Castle would scare away even more players. Losing a serious tournament because you were forced to play on a bad stage sucks.

Wow, that type of a mindset from TOs is SO backwards. If we were 6 month's in, I would understand the conservative mindset. However, I can't support it this early on. And if there are top level players avoiding THE Smash tournament of the year due to 1 stage, then they are part of the problem. I believe Castle Siege AND Yoshi's Story are absolutely necessary to ensure a balanced stage list. The popular stages are often wide, which tilts the meta in favor of camping and further cripples slow characters that already struggle because they're slow. They need smaller stage bases to ensure they can stand a chance against the faster and/or spacing characters as the meta develops.

Regarding Warioware , I believe it could replace Castle Siege if needed. After reviewing the resources you referred me to Frihetsanka (thanks very much for that, btw), I honestly think the G6 list is nearly perfect. Unova having a notably smaller stage base and closer side blast zones leads me to think having WW, CS, YSM, Unova, and SV may be too many small to smaller-than-average stages and lead to an opposite problem described in my first paragraph... but that's not to say it's not still worth testing given we're still less than 1 month in, lol... I think WW deserves less hate. Its polarizing but HELLO, that's the point of a counter pick. If we have WW in, all heavy and/or slow characters automatically get a buff. Additionally, its a very exciting stage to watch as a spectator; something TO's need to consider. I just watched the Ken v Fatality set linked below, and the match on WW was very exciting. Both characters got VERY early kills, which added a unique thrill to viewing (and I'm sure playing) the match. side note, I'm VERY happy to see DSR in affect at G6 because watching PS2 matches over, and over, AND OVER is getting old already. Keeping DSR is a great move to add variety in viewing experience for spectators

Ken V Fatality set, exciting second game on WW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFzttjsaMNk

Ordered roughly from most important to least important:

1. Some characters can circle-camp under the stage, most noticeably Meta Knight, giving them a free win in certain matchups if they have the lead.
2. Certain characters can recover too easily, making the ledgegame and edgeguarding very different (and worse) compared to other stages.
3. Other characters get their recovery significantly nerfed, and are forced to recover in a linear way in order to not die.
4. Some characters can shark.
5. It's somewhat similar to Battlefield, making it slightly redundant (the platform layout is arguably less unique than Lylat's).

Thanks for the information. Makes sense. Glad it got enough testing so folks could make these findings instead of getting autobanned. Hopefully TO's keep testing WW and tweaking the stage list after G6. Though the list is good, no need to make things concrete yet. TO's need to stay open-minded, stay creative, and be brave enough to try new things in the face of criticism regardless of its origin.

Last edited:

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Some thoughts:

I think that FD is a counter pick. Its a polarizing stage. It heavily benefits certain play styles by restricting both escape options and limiting punish potential. Polarizing stages shouldn't be on a starter list. Limited platforms seem to be considered "neutral" by many tournament players. There is a reason we end up on Stadium so often.

I still don't understand the issue with slanted stages. Its like people want projectiles to dominate. A flat stage is always going to benefit a linear character, so removing them effectively reduces the number of counter picks against the linear cast. I understand that they shouldn't be starter stages, but they make for a much better counter pick options for non-projectile characters. Bans needs to be balanced so that particular play styles don't get punished simply because there isn't enough "rushdown" stages for zoners to ban against.

Same thing with small stages; they need to be in the pool. I agree with M2K's thoughts; they really should be in the starter list to ensure that the average stage after bans is actually as close to a neutral stage as possible. I am of the opinion that there should be very little overlap in the start picks; it should really be 5 distinct stages so that the bans naturally progress to the "neutral" stage for both players. Even if that neutral stage ends up being Stadium in the majority of cases.

GP2

Smash Apprentice
Some thoughts:
Same thing with small stages; they need to be in the pool. I agree with M2K's thoughts; they really should be in the starter list to ensure that the average stage after bans is actually as close to a neutral stage as possible. I am of the opinion that there should be very little overlap in the start picks; it should really be 5 distinct stages so that the bans naturally progress to the "neutral" stage for both players. Even if that neutral stage ends up being Stadium in the majority of cases.

I agree 100% although I have a sinking suspicion that M2K wasn't being serious in that video. There were a lot of years of research jokes.

Also can somebody tell me why people hate castle siege? Is it just because of the foreground glitch on the right side? I have had people tell me that they think it actually promotes camping/boring play which I can't believe at all

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
Some thoughts:

I think that FD is a counter pick. Its a polarizing stage. It heavily benefits certain play styles by restricting both escape options and limiting punish potential. Polarizing stages shouldn't be on a starter list. Limited platforms seem to be considered "neutral" by many tournament players. There is a reason we end up on Stadium so often.

I still don't understand the issue with slanted stages. Its like people want projectiles to dominate. A flat stage is always going to benefit a linear character, so removing them effectively reduces the number of counter picks against the linear cast. I understand that they shouldn't be starter stages, but they make for a much better counter pick options for non-projectile characters. Bans needs to be balanced so that particular play styles don't get punished simply because there isn't enough "rushdown" stages for zoners to ban against.

All great points. In many PM stage lists, FD was a counterpick since we had more stages to choose from and many TOs recognized the polarization of FD. For this reason and the one you sited about the need for variety of shapes and sizes in the starter stages, the G6 stage list would be much better if FD was a counter and CS was a starter. Right now a fast/campy character has a the advantage first round. If they want an average or larger than average stage 1st vs a slow character or one that lacks tools to handle spacing well, they get it easy by banning SV AND they get to ban the platform arrangement that serves them the least. PS2 is substantially wider than average (188 units), and SV (139 units) is only stage base of the G6 starters that's smaller than BF, FD, and Lylat which all share the same size (160) . The other character of the scenario isn't doomed, mind you. But its still slightly tilted in favor of the fast/campy characters.

CS becoming a starter would solve this. It may be more polarizing stage than the typical starter, but it's size balances out the starter list by forcing players to use both bans if they want to ensure a smaller stage isn't chosen. YSM wouldn't work as well because that would put 2 distinctly similar layouts in the starter list (2 triplats). Someone being extremely fickle may argue that CS and PS2 are both biplats, but that's the only similarity they share. The placement of the plats, shape and size of the base, and blastzone size and shape are all VERY different.

Last edited:

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I agree 100% although I have a sinking suspicion that M2K wasn't being serious in that video. There were a lot of years of research jokes.

Also can somebody tell me why people hate castle siege? Is it just because of the foreground glitch on the right side? I have had people tell me that they think it actually promotes camping/boring play which I can't believe at all
The best I can come up with:

If a swordie has the high ground (cue the Star Wars jokes) with a stock lead, they really have no reason to leave it. They can stand there and swat away most projectiles and approaches, especially since the opponent is practically forced to jump to contest their position. Many characters don't have a good option for attacking diagonally upward, especially against a wall of safe hitboxes. Unlike a platform, you only really have one vector of attack. This could lead to degenerate play, assuming the swordie won't move and the low ground player is equally patient. Think of H-Box and his ledgeplay days.

Its probably the foreground thing, honestly. Players have very little tolerance to not being able to see. Think of that goddamn Nintendog trophy. No damage, but easily one of the most annoying trophies.

Vapor_exe

Smash Cadet
WarioWare should be legal because it help characters who aren't long range to attack, and Dreamland is my personal favourite

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
It would certainly be nice to get an option to choose specific transformations of stages like that. That could seriously tear the stage list wide open.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Cautiously skeptical considering OP's additional responses (why would he expect it to work on hazardless Wuhu?) but it would be nice if true.

Vaguely related: This is the sort of thing I hope modders decide is worth their time to, well, mod. I can think of quite a few simple-in-theory changes that could bring several stages in line.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly it seems like they need to get over Castle Siege being legal. They could handle A stage like Halberd or Delfino Plaza, but not a hazardless CS (unless it’s somehow not hazardless). I can understand why they’d likely be scared to play on such a stage, but it’d be far better to have a variety in stages to compete in than to play on the same small set of stages (was one of the reasons why Smash 4’s competitive scene got boring after awhile)...of course that’s just me and my opinion

Vapor_exe

Smash Cadet
So they are scared of a stage that's kinda small, a bit bigger on the right, and platforms that aren't aligned? Are you kidding me? Wouldn't that help some characters in the first place?

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
So they are scared of a stage that's kinda small, a bit bigger on the right, and platforms that aren't aligned? Are you kidding me? Wouldn't that help some characters in the first place?
They're annoyed by the slant and/or the castle wall that messes with vision on the right. However, they aren't reasonable complaints. The vision obstruction is nothing major and the tilted nature of the stage makes it a good counter pick vs linear characters. Tbh, any players contesting it's inclusion to the point that they are boycotting G6 are a huge part of the problem, and I'd be okay with them staying gone. People ***** about CS and WW and it's just ridiculous. TOs need to stick to their guns and do what's best for the scene as a whole by keeping in small stages. Not like the players will stay gone over one stage, anyway. They want to compete, and the brats will get over it eventually once they realize the stage(s) they don't like are here to stay :p

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
They want to compete, and the brats will get over it eventually once they realize the stage(s) they don't like are here to stay :p
Here's what I think will happen: Castle Siege will be used for Genesis 6 and maybe Frostbite and then the top level TOs and top level players will conclude that it's a banned stage and they'll ban it. It'll stay banned from then on.

Unova will likely end up banned eventually as well. Yoshi's Story might too (similar to Battlefield). My main hope is that Lylat makes it out alive.

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
Here's what I think will happen: Castle Siege will be used for Genesis 6 and maybe Frostbite and then the top level TOs and top level players will conclude that it's a banned stage and they'll ban it. It'll stay banned from then on.

Unova will likely end up banned eventually as well. Yoshi's Story might too (similar to Battlefield). My main hope is that Lylat makes it out alive.

I hope you're wrong, but I certainly understand the reasoning for the prediction. However, I believe the inclusion of Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Story, and Unova at a super major like Genesis shows evidence that the top TO's are not as conservative as many thought.

I don't believe a similarity of platform layout is enough to ban Yoshi's Story (YS) and/or Unova. Years of Melee competition proves that differences in stage-base shape and size, blastzone sizes, and platform placement are all enough to heavily influence a match-up. And that's with FOUR triplat variants, lol. Platform similarity as a ban-justification simply does not hold up if the stages have enough differences. To map these out for everyone, I've included the numbers and other notable difference below for BF/YS and PS2/Unova below

Battlefield/Yoshi's Story comparisons:
-Stage bases: 160/136
-Side blastzones (bz): 240/227
-Top bz: 192/180
-Bottom bz: 140/118
-YS offers distinctly different ledge play due to the slanted edges, platforms that reach all the way to ledge, base that goes straight down for wall-jumping, and very shallow bottom bz which allows early spike kills and pressures players to think twice about recovering low too often.
-YS's stage base is a whopping 24 units smaller than BF's, so heavies/slow characters that like the triplat layout will MUCH prefer to go here.

PS2/Unova comparisons:
-Stage bases: 188/164
-Side bz: 250/237
-Top bz: 180/190
-Bottom bz: 125/142
-Unova has distinctly different ledge play due to the walls that go all the way down, platforms are noticeably closer to ledge, and the bottom bz is much deeper which allows wall-jump characters to recover much lower than on PS2. Players can also DI in when spiked close to the wall with great chance of catching a tech and saving themselves due to aforementioned points.
-Hard blows on Unova will kill later off the top and earlier off the sides, a deciding factor depending on how the opponent's character kills most consistently.
-Unova's stage base is a whopping 24 units smaller than PS2's, so heavies/slow characters that like the biplat layout will MUCH prefer to go here (seeing a trend?)

As for Castle Siege (CS), we again have to go back to the point that players need to be more open-minded to change and TO's need to be mindful of keeping the stage list balanced with a fair amount of small, average, and wide stages. If we lose CS, we lose a greatly needed small stage. To ensure balance, any stage list should have AT LEAST 3 small stages. You can't please everyone, so pleasing people by removing a stage that's a tad-bit controversial (even though it shouldn't be) should NOT be a priority. Balancing the stage list to ensure the healthiest meta, however, SHOULD be a priority. If TO's want to remove CS in favor of Warioware, I'm all for it. Problem is though, you'll have other people criticize that decision for different reasons. Which goes back to the TO's "can't please everyone" statement, so, tbh, they need to stick to their guns, keep 3 small stages in the list (idc which 3), and set this game's meta up right from the start.

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
God damn it Smash 4
Hopefully a few big Melee guys get into Ultimate and stay. Right now the only Melee pro we're guaranteed to have is M2K. He and other Melee pros seem to be more open-minded than Sm4sh pros since they had to deal with more unconventional stages in comparison.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hopefully a few big Melee guys get into Ultimate and stay. Right now the only Melee pro we're guaranteed to have is M2K. He and other Melee pros seem to be more open-minded than Sm4sh pros since they had to deal with more unconventional stages in comparison.
Melee has dealt with janky stages for so long that minor stuff like Castle Siege seems trivial. The early days were particularly bad. Even when the rule set cemented, Melee needed enough stages for Bo5, so stuff like Pokemon Stadium practically had to be legal despite the shenanigans that can happen on that stage. A reasonable amount of jank had to be tolerated. M2K is particularly aware of this, he's been around for a long time. Melee came from an age of tournaments in small venues and wildly different rulesets based on regions. It ended up pretty unified, but I imagine that EVO and Melee's rise to a legitimate Esport had a lot to do with it. On top of this, stage picks really matter in Melee. Spacies fundamentally play better on certain stages, where as Peach and Puff prefer others.

When Smash 4 came around, the philosophy of "no jank" replaced the "reasonable jank based on need" mentality. Smash 4 really wanted to be legitimate in the eyes of the rest of the fighting community. Anything silly wasn't tolerated, lest it be perceived as party game pretending to be a legitimate Esport. That how we ended up on Smashville for years. It didn't help that Smash 4 had some seriously messed up stages. Many stages either had nothing to worry about, or completely unacceptable stuff. It was hard to find a middle ground.

Now the tolerance is clashing; many Melee vets actually like this game so they are actually talking about rulesets. Counter picking is so integral to the Melee scene that embracing stage diversity, rather than actual stage number is on their minds. Smash 4 players, having been stuck on a relatively small number of stages for so long, are desperate to just have a decent number of stages to play on. Ultimately, it will come down to the TOs.

Just my thoughts.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
What about Rainbow Cruise/Ride?
The following stages have a chance of being legal:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2
  • Smashville
  • Castle Siege
  • Kalos Pokémon League
  • Town & City
  • Unova Pokémon League
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Yoshi’s Story
From the Genesis 6 list. WarioWare has some hope but it's rather slim, and I expect Castle Siege to go eventually as well (potentially some other stages).

Vapor_exe

Smash Cadet
The following stages have a chance of being legal:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2
  • Smashville
  • Castle Siege
  • Kalos Pokémon League
  • Town & City
  • Unova Pokémon League
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Yoshi’s Story
From the Genesis 6 list. WarioWare has some hope but it's rather slim, and I expect Castle Siege to go eventually as well (potentially some other stages).
WarioWare will be legal, just wait

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
What about Rainbow Cruise/Ride?
Though I'm an advocate of being open-minded, I believe walls is one of the spots we should draw the line. We already have 11 stages in the G6 list, and the only noteworthy stage missing is Warioware. Everything else is either too much or has been tested and found not to be worth it. Apparently Skyloft was tried and found to be bad due to edges messing with some characters recoveries too much, making it too easy for certain characters to recover, allowed easy circle camping since the bottom of the stage is easily traversed by characters like Meta Knight, and a few other reasons. Frigate Oprheon has the wall for rougly 1/3rd of the match, Dracula's Castle and Rainbow Cruise have consistent walls, Dreamland is too much like BF this time around, Pictochat 2 is too similar to FD, FoD has lag issues (and even without the lag its Hazardless version is too similar to BF), and I'm sure I missed a few...Wily's Castle could make a decent stage since it has the walls all the way down, has a larger blast zones, and a larger base stage (FDs is 160, WC is 174)... All qualities that differentiate it quite a bit from FD...and we have 3 biplats and 2 triplats... Why not 2 no plats? I'm asking too much, lol...

But point is, 11 is already a good sized variety and WW is, imo, the only stage not included that legitimately deserves further testing. Like seriously, let's see it at least once at a legitimate major before we write it off. It's a layout we've never had (outside of PM) and its inclusion would give players more incentive to main slower characters.

G6 list + WW would give players:
-4 average size stages (160 base width)
--BF, FD, Lylat, Kalos,
-2 above average width stages (164)
--Unova and Town City
-1 wide stage in PS2 (188)
-2 below average width stages (139-140)
--Smashville, Yoshi's Island Brawl
-3 small stages (117-136)
--Warioware, Castle Siege, Yoshi's Story Melee
***Note: All stages are listed in ascending order within their categories

I believe that stage list would allow a very healthy, balanced meta to develop. One may try to argue that 5 *small - below average* stages compared to 3 *above average - wide* stages would tilt things in favor of slower/heavy characters, but I'd contest that faster/spacing characters have advantage on *average - wide* stages, giving them the edge (albiet slight on some stages) on 7 of the stages.

Last edited:

Vapor_exe

Smash Cadet
Though I'm an advocate of being open-minded, I believe walls is one of the spots we should draw the line. We already have 11 stages in the G6 list, and the only noteworthy stage missing is Warioware. Everything else is either too much or has been tested and found not to be worth it. Apparently Skyloft was tried and found to be bad due to edges messing with some characters recoveries too much, making it too easy for certain characters to recover, allowed easy circle camping since the bottom of the stage is easily traversed by characters like Meta Knight, and a few other reasons. Frigate Oprheon has the wall for rougly 1/3rd of the match, Dracula's Castle and Rainbow Cruise have consistent walls, Dreamland is too much like BF this time around, Pictochat 2 is too similar to FD, FoD has lag issues (and even without the lag its Hazardless version is too similar to BF), and I'm sure I missed a few...Wily's Castle could make a decent stage since it has the walls all the way down, has a larger blast zones, and a larger base stage (FDs is 160, WC is 174)... All qualities that differentiate it quite a bit from FD...and we have 3 biplats and 2 triplats... Why not 2 no plats? I'm asking too much, lol...

But point is, 11 is already a good sized variety and WW is, imo, the only stage not included that legitimately deserves further testing. Like seriously, let's see it at least once at a legitimate major before we write it off. It's a layout we've never had (outside of PM) and its inclusion would give players more incentive to main slower characters.

G6 list + WW would give players:
-4 average size stages (160 base width)
--BF, FD, Lylat, Kalos,
-2 above average width stages (164)
--Unova and Town City
-1 wide stage in PS2 (188)
-2 below average width stages (139-140)
--Smashville, Yoshi's Island Brawl
-3 small stages (117-136)
--Warioware, Castle Siege, Yoshi's Story Melee
***Note: All stages are listed in ascending order within their categories

I believe that stage list would allow a very healthy, balanced meta to develop. One may try to argue that 5 *small - below average* stages compared to 3 *above average - wide* stages would tilt things in favor of slower/heavy characters, but I'd contest that faster/spacing characters have advantage on *average - wide* stages, giving them the edge (albiet slight on some stages) on 7 of the stages.
Well, unfortunate that those stages won't be in it, but it isn't that big of a blow since there is so many stages

Guber

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GOOB#779
NNID
Guber
Switch FC
SW-3494-7268-3894
There's a new jank that I've seen on stages with slants like the ledges for Yoshi's Story that could affect some characters. I know for sure that if you use K. Rool's burying throw on them, they simply won't get buried. I don't know if this carries over to his Dtilt, or to R.O.B's dthrow or DK's Side B, but it's another factor to consider.

Turk Injaydii

Smash Cadet
NNID
Turk_Injaydii
There's a new jank that I've seen on stages with slants like the ledges for Yoshi's Story that could affect some characters. I know for sure that if you use K. Rool's burying throw on them, they simply won't get buried. I don't know if this carries over to his Dtilt, or to R.O.B's dthrow or DK's Side B, but it's another factor to consider.

That's not jank. Clipping/falling through parts of a stage is jank. A claw and bombs that interfere with combat are jank. Walk offs are jank. People use that term much too loosely these days, and it's a big part of the problem associated with this close-mindedness of a lot of modern day smashers.

If certain slants make the players think twice about where they are going to attempt a plant, that's a stage aspect that adds counterplay to a match. Much like certain platform arrangements prevent/allow certain strings and set up early kills. Or certain stages alter recovery options. These are facets that make stages unique and good decisions for counter picks. It's not jank. For the betterment of the competitive scene, we need learn the difference, folks.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
this is incorrect

i tested this a few days ago after seeing that one gameplay clip. k rool can bury people on the slopes on story (also island brawl, etc). if you happen to be RIGHT on the edge of the stage, they'll instead pop up (which i only got to happen once)

Vapor_exe

Smash Cadet
I say turn hazzards off, allow all stages, and give each person 25 stages to strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ursModE4ph0

With hazzards off, Id say there are only a handful of stages which are not viable.
That would take way too long to do in a tournament, and there may be arguments about which stages will be legal. (Also TO's will probably hate that idea)

Last edited:
Top Bottom