• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Tournament in DOWNTOWN TORONTO @UofT

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
http://z4.invisionfree.com/acgamesonline/index.php?showtopic=96&st=0#entry2057521

A & C Games/UTAMA 3rd Gaming Event: April 26th 2009.

If anyone is willing to step up and run the bracket, the host is willing to provide free entry into the tournament. You can make any changes to rules too.

PM me if anyone is willing

40 St. George St. - Bahen Center @ U of T
Rooms 2185 & 2195 - 2nd Floor

- $5 admission, with admission you get a $5 A&C Games coupon
- $5 per tournament, you can enter both tournaments. Registration starts at 1:00 PM

- Free multi-player gaming areas
- Bring your friends!
- Special thanks to UTAMA Anime Club of U of T.

GRAND PRIZES: New Game for PS3, Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii (Winners Choice) or $70 Store Credit
2nd Prize: $35 Store Credit
3rd Prize: $15 Store Credit

Super Smash Bros.: Brawl - Rules (Edited by James)

Projected start time - 2:00 PM

Rules

Single Elimination
3 stocks, best 2 out of 3.
Five minute matches.
Start on a Neutral map.
loser gets to re-pick your character or choose a different stage. However, not both.
No items.
No stalling.
No Meta-knight cape glitch.

(Taken from the smashboards, thanks Overswarm)

Maps

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Gamecube controllers and Wiimote/nunchucks will be provided. Feel free to bring in your own controllers.

We reserve the right to change the rules if we see fit for the tournament.

Game will be free to play and practice for everyone before and after the tournament. Just take turns with whoever wants to play.

Free play Area games 2-4 players: Mario Kart 64, Golden Eye 64, Mario Tennis 64 Super Bomberman 2, NBA JAM, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 DC, Power Stone 2 DC, Street Figther IV 360 and more!

for more info contact us or visit www.acgamesonline.com

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Change the timer to 7 minutes. There's no need to shorten it. Matches do last that long unfortunately... And it's up to you to decide what's banned and what's not for maps. Don't just copy and paste it. At least try to sound remotely interested...

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Guys seriously, most of the entrants are customers since that's what the tourneys target is.

Anyone of you can come down and sweep these guys and get a free game. Not too bad

Also, I'm just a messenger, not the host or anything

.Marik

is a social misfit
So this is taking place at the actual University campus? On... the second floor?

Downtown Toronto is so confusing at times... >_>

I'll probably be there.

Rikana

Smash Champion
As for other games.. with there be Melee/Smash64/Brawl+? If not, I probably won't go.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yeah man forsure lol i havent been to a tourny in a while so it wud b fun to finally get to one

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL This isn't like... a real tournament... (you guys all realize the prize is store credit right?) But I'll go because its on a sunday and close and I'm hype to play brawl often/catch up with old peeps.

Plus I went to their last tournament and sometimes its pretty lol there (with the anime geeks and such)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So this is taking place at the actual University campus? On... the second floor?

Downtown Toronto is so confusing at times... >_>

I'll probably be there.
Hey I just realized...

I could help people get around. Marik, I could meet you somewhere nearby the destination - maybe even on the other end of the last subway trip you take.
Yes, now is the time for me to reveal that I'm in res at UofT.

Heck, I can technically "house" one of you. You just have to not be a **** ****ing up the residence under my responsibility. >_>

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
I was planning to come to this cause it's not far from my place, but I'm probably gonna be at a SF4 tourney just down the street lol There's more of an incentive to win there than the SF4 tourney at this tourney ($200 store credit vs $75 credit >_>) Actually, I'll get owned either way.

Unless there's people playing Smash 64 or Melee there.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Wtf. This smacks of the old Pownz tournaments, except with ****tier prizes. And you guys are all rushing to play there? Does hamilton ****ing stink or something?

**** this tourney, i ain't goin.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Lol I was about to say "OMG nice a tourney not too far, let's go!". Then I saw it was one of those lame tourneys with lame prizes. At least Pownz learned their past mistakes ;)
I'm tempted to go just to play in a tourney, it's been a long time but the prizes make me want not to go lmao.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Just wait marcos, no point in this one. An no Illiad, Hamilton is actually a nice city. Remember, they are monthlies so people can always say, yeah I'll go next month. That is why attendence is poor sometimes.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
There was SSB64 last tournament but no SSBM

The store that's hosting it specializes in retro and older gen games so that's what will be the focus in the free play area and such

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I don't mind going to this. I don't get to go to many tournaments as it is, since no Go buses run to Hamilton on weekends for Pownz, and Niagara feels too far away. I'm fine with Mississauga/Toronto tourneys though. And it's never really been about the prize money either, since I never expect to see it. So it doesn't matter too much to me, it'll just be worth it facing people and seeing old faces.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hey I just realized...

I could help people get around. Marik, I could meet you somewhere nearby the destination -maybe even on the other end of the last subway trip you take.
Yes, now is the time for me to reveal that I'm in res at UofT.
YES OH GOD THANK YOU. <3

Would it be possible to meet me at Union Station? That's where I get off in Toronto.

Money doesn't matter to me. I just want to go, ****, and meet up with old faces and new faces and play a game I love, Brawl.

And because I have absolutely ****ing nothing to do on Sundays, lol. :laugh:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
YES OH GOD THANK YOU. <3

Would it be possible to meet me at Union Station? That's where I get off in Toronto.

Money doesn't matter to me. I just want to go, ****, and meet up with old faces and new faces and play a game I love, Brawl.

And because I have absolutely ****ing nothing to do on Sundays, lol. :laugh:
Hmm... if I meet you at Union, you owe me a subway token.

This is at. . . 2:00 so we could get lunch. You'd want to make it to Union before 1:00 if you're eating lunch after that; otherwise, you're safe to come up from there by 1:15.

@Holy: Honestly, this time I have to ask you not to go. Then I might win. lulz. Although that defeat at Let's Brawl Toronto has smoldered in the furnace of my soul into the rage that-

Yeah, I also want to play you.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Would money be fine? I won't have a token...

So, I'll meet you sometime around 1:00pm-ish?

*Edit* Dude, are you driving or taking the Subway to meet me?

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is willing to step up and run the bracket, the host is willing to provide free entry into the tournament. You can make any changes to rules too.

PM me if anyone is willing

Hmm edit to first post

Pho

Smash Journeyman
If Kingace or Minus is going, they should do it. They have been to enough tournaments so they know what to expect. Just a suggestion.

Serafis

Smash Rookie
I would totally want to see you guys around for the tourney, even if I get my bottom tier butt kicked out of me. :3

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Would money be fine? I won't have a token...

So, I'll meet you sometime around 1:00pm-ish?

*Edit* Dude, are you driving or taking the Subway to meet me?
I would be taking the subway. Ideally, I'd wait by the trains in Union - you know, without going past the turnstile - and you'd find me on the platform. Then we'd go up.

Trip should be around 40 minutes, allowing a lightning eating session.

... actually I may have underestimated then. I usually can't finish anything in 20 minutes. D:

So, you know, something. I guess we need to agree on a time I'll go up without you if you're late, and a time I'll promise to be there during.
So.. yeah, probably want to move the appointed time back to 12:50. I'll leave from Union at 1:00, but if I'm not there at 1:00, you should do the same.

Bring at least ten dollars for food; they'd be serving brunch here at the dining hall. Unless you're good with a hot dog.

... you know seriously you might be better off eating at Union. I enjoyed my McMuffin the day of NatFoD. >_>

So yeah that would change things. I guess it doesn't make much difference to me. So what do you want?

EDIT: I notice that the time limit is 5 minutes. This is bananas. 3 stock Brawl games cannot be limited to 5 minutes, people will pull delay tactics in the last minute. With 7 minutes, people play to the end, even though it mostly takes 5 minutes.

Serafis

Smash Rookie
Bring at least ten dollars for food; they'd be serving brunch here at the dining hall. Unless you're good with a hot dog.

... you know seriously you might be better off eating at Union. I enjoyed my McMuffin the day of NatFoD. >_>
The latter is infinitely better than the former. Heck, probably a hot dog's better at the rate the "dining hall" is going. I recommend New College or St. Michael's College for their buffet style food for something like 10-15 bucks if one should eat on campus. :3

Bring setups! Last time, there were only 2 brawl setups. It was horrible.
Yikes. I'm not sure about this one. They are doing SF4 with this as well, meaning that A&C would likely only bring 2 wiis and 2 360's for the tournament itself, with the retro stuff taking over the rest of the screens.

.Marik

is a social misfit
ZedF, my foster parents are being ****ing stupid, they won't let me go, I need permission from my social worker. >_<

Okay, gotcha. If I can come, I'll meet you on the platform up ahead of the subway trains, in the Union terminal. I'll have enough money, but if I'm not there by 1:00pm... just go without me.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure I attend this. My doofus guardians just LOVE giving me a hard time, for absolutely everything. >_>;

Top Bottom