• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
King K. Rool still has a chance (especially since the Kremlings are in Smash Run), Mewtwo can still get in despite the 'Pokemon can never get more reps than Mario crap', Ridley's chances are diminishing but he still has a chance. I am still hoping for a character some people won't see coming, Black Shadow.
Double post

:facepalm: You do realize brawl had 4 mario reps pokemon have 6 (wario and yoshi came by they're own series)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still believe K. Rool, even with the Sal leak, has a good chance. Ridley is another story, though... he MAY be in but if he is not it would seem Sakurai does not see him as a playable character. People are too caught up in the concept of slots; if K. Rool and Ridley are not in the game it is not because of a Rhythm Heaven rep. It is because Sakurai felt they didn't meet his criteria of a playable character. (Both did have factors working against them, which fans of both,myself included, tend to ignore.)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's hilarious how there was a huge influx of people and all it did was rehash the same arguments. Love you Smashboards!

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
A question regarding the Chrom screencap: whatever obscenity cut out was not part of game? A hand next to screen or something, right?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
wow kids getting all mad cause i said it how i see it.

Anyway Mewtwo won't be in smash bros.
Insults? Mate you should've just stopped at the grammar nazi thing. It's just a correction. Calm down.
I am calm i'm just telling that ITS showing, not gonna dwell on this since its disrespectful to the moderators if i continue like this. Next time they should think before testing me.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Warning Received
A question regarding the Chrom screencap: whatever obscenity cut out was not part of game? A hand next to screen or something, right?
I say the picture is fake for one reason:

The guy who took the picture had a poster of CHRIS BORES next to it.

Mod Edit: Not appropriate for the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You all are really asking for a temporary closing again. I suggest getting back onto something a little more related to the topic of this thread.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Could someone post the exact information of the Mario Kart leak about Mario Kart itself? The only way we are going to debunk the leak before Smash release is by seeing if everything it said about Mario Kart came true.

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
You all are really asking for a temporary closing again. I suggest getting back onto something a little more related to the topic of this thread.
Please do... Put this thread out of its misery... It's not humane... We can start a new life! We can live underground and use bacon for clothes!

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Could someone post the exact information of the Mario Kart leak about Mario Kart itself? The only way we are going to debunk the leak before Smash release is by seeing if everything it said about Mario Kart came true.
The leaker claimed that inside drifting would return, a point which is fairly convincingly refuted by other posters later in the thread. At best, the veracity of the leaker's information is up for debate.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The leaker claimed that inside drifting would return, a point which is fairly convincingly refuted by other posters later in the thread. At best, the veracity of the leaker's information is up for debate.
Is that all he claimed? I mean Mario kart already has open information in the web, we can check gameplay videos, the roster. All of his information is verifiable now. We should get on that.

D

Deleted member

Honestly a temporary lock might do this thread some good. Right now it's sunk to complaining about the roster and nonsense arguments over 'slots'.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Well the mods sure didn't like that image. (They must really not like Chris Bores)

Allow me to post the non-rude version of Chrom:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I assume that pathetic screenshot with Boshi wasn't the Mario Kart leak people are talking about?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well the mods sure didn't like that image. (They must really not like Chris Bores)

Allow me to post the non-rude version of Chrom:

Is confirmed fake, it was done from the same person that post it in 4chan (I think it was from there). Is a really good modified version of Marth.

.n_n.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
So, does that mean he might pull that stunt again? Even after the game released, he still showed updates about the unlockable characters and stages, but hid them for risk of spoilers.
Doing the math, he almost doesn't have a choice but to save some characters to reveal after release. Let's say there's 47 characters in the final games. Right now we've seen 26. Based on past patterns, let's assume two character reveals in every month except June, in which we could get five because of E3. So that's 26+5=31, then adding two for each month until release. If release is early September, that would end up being 31+6=37. Then let's just add one for the rest of April and one for the beginning of September. That brings us to 39 out of 47 revealed. So unless there is another Smash Bros. Direct before or at the time of the 3DS launch, we will go into the game not knowing somewhere around eight characters, probably.
Speaking of which, do we know if any of the announced characters are unlocks? Sakurai pulled the same stunt with Brawl. "Ooh look, Sonic and Snake are in the game! Now all you have to do is play 20 hours of Brawls and play on a certain stage 15 times or go through an entire mode that takes hours to complete".
Based on what he has said about his disappointment with how everything these days leaks onto the Internet as soon as a game is released so fans are not rewarded or surprised as much as the creators would like, I am expecting either: A. Many of the characters we have seen will be unlockables and we won't know which until we play the game because he is not making a big deal about their secret nature pre-release due to the Internet. or B. There will be no unlockable characters because Sakurai's view, again due to the Internet, is "What's the point?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On the last page

The lack of clipping proves it's fake. That's why the Palutena one looks legit, it has some type of clipping.
Apparently the Palutena was deemed fake because it held resemblence to the Saria trophy.

I can bring up the picture if you need it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This thread's very existence deserves a lock, but that's not the point. You can discuss characters and rosters so long as it's in relation to the leaks/rumors/prophecies/friend of a friend's cousin twice removed. That isn't a problem. What won't be tolerated is people intentionally fabricating leaks to goad the community (you know who you are) and inappropriate posting that breaks the general TOS of this board.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I feel like that stupid MK8 leak should be throw out. If he was wrong about something on the MK side then that disqualifies his Smash Bros. stuff.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The Mario Kart leak is the leak that claimed there would be 4 cuts and a total of 48 characters "counting transformations" (which we now know don't exist). Its the reason everyone is putting a limit to the roster and if debunked would take away all that "48 character rosters" rumors.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
See I guess I can kind of see that, but also, I always felt that this picture seemed off compared to the other one. I'm not to sure why, like her face is different in one pic compared to the other. But still, I don't see the similarity to it. Maybe it's just me though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wasn't able to post the OTHER picture,behold,the STATISTICS EXAM!

000.jpg

Kind of small.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom