• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok I think I'm done with this thread for a while pokemon trainer - one slot, ignore the fact that charizard, ivysauf, squirtle took the amount of work for the devs of the work needed for 3 slots. So, how is brawl have 4 slots when it took the amount of work to do 6 of them?

like it's not even opinion if you try to convince me that zelda and sheik are the same character (so same amount of work as one character), then you're missing the obvious.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
lol, are the majority of "leaks" in this thread like that Pacman one?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon has more slots than Mario, though I think there's just Jiggs left.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, what @Xenoblaze said. It confuses me why some people ignores logic despite being explained to, over and over.

Now, should we Close this thread now? It seems no one cares at all about actual Rumors and Leaks, so this thread feels kinda broken now.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yeah, what @Xenoblaze said. It confuses me why some people ignores logic despite being explained to, over and over.

Now, should we Close this thread now? It seems no one cares at all about actual Rumors and Leaks, so this thread feels kinda broken now.
Just waiting for a new, somewhat believable leak to happen.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
fake or not.......those should have been posted in a spoiler box imo.

fake or not........pacman is in anywayz.......

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It clearly doesn't matter when Star Fox should really only have Fox at the rate of how dead that series is. Star Fox has so many reps out of Sakurai's love and potentially the ''FOX ONLY. NO ITEMS. FINAL DESTINATION." crap.
Pretty much this. Mother had the same number of reps as DK in Brawl despite DK having more than quintuple the number of major releases at the time and Star Fox had three reps to Fire Emblem's two despite Star Fox having 5 games to FE's 10 (not including remakes).

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
:joyful:Those Pac-Man Leaks though. :joyful:

Never knew that putting renders on backgrounds counted as a leak or even an attempt at one.

Also, I just noticed we have Smash 4 emoticons: :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Been a while since I've been here. Anyways,I determine the Pac-Man picture fake.

The first one is used in the GA game when Pac-Man roams in a 3D World,he just is running the in the perfect place to make it seem like he's running there.

The second one is...well,I could tell this was fake,unless they plan for Pac-Man to do a Belly-Flop.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
True. It would take more time to create a character with transformations double the time or triple in pkmn trainers case than a single character. Thus you could say that somewhat arbitrarily that pkmn trainer took 3 slots, zelda/sheik took 2, and samus/zss took 2.

Yes there was technically only one selection on the character select screen but the characters took more data space for their transformations.

Let's be real ppl.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Even this supposed "E3 leak" looks more realistic than those PAC-Man photos. And it's taken with a crappy camera.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Wait... You're telling me that Pac-Man pic a few pages back was supposed to be a serious leak? Well damn. Needless to say, it's fake. =P

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Funny,the guys over at Character Discussion thread think you guys are more on-topic than we are.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Funny,the guys over at Character Discussion thread think you guys are more on-topic than we are.
Not sure if that's good or bad, since I am there at times as well. XD

Anyways, yeah, that E3 PacMan leak at least looks pretty good, ignoring the blurr that shouldn't really be. :)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Again, those pictures are fake. Easily fake. Just do a google search for "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" and you'll see both renders. Sorry man, gotta try harder than that.

Also, have you guys considered that maybe why some of these heavy hitters like Mewtwo, Gannondorf, K. Rool, and Ridley haven't need revealed is because they're saving them for unlockable characters?

I mean think about it. Maybe Sakurai isn't wanting the same disappointment in his fans as what happened in Brawl. Maybe he's leaving some good unlockable characters secret so people actually get even more excited after they buy the game.

Just my two cents. Also, I believe everyone, third-parties aside, on the Smash Bros. website that's revealed right now will be unlocked at the start. That's the same way they did the Brawl site. All characters revealed beforehand were the starting roster. Luigi was a hidden character, and hidden on the site.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Leaks are one of the places where you can't determine the truth because it's BLURRED.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaah @pacman leaks.

anyway@Bauske THE SITE IS NOT THE STARTING ROSTER . you cant possibly have 36+ (29 currently + 7 slots still empty.) as a starting characters.........no way.

they will have some seen but unlockable anyway......and I think some of them are rosaluma (:/) ,luigi, greninja/lucario, tink/shiek ect......

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Plenty of fans were going to be disappointed no matter the final result. Yes, it sucks that Ridley and K. Rool probably won't be playable, but fans of Advance Wars (for example) and other lesser series will most likely end up disappointed with the omission of their preferred protagonists in the final roster as well. Rhythm Heaven has plenty of fans; why are they less deserving of seeing their favorite character get in? If sheer majority popularity dictated roster inclusion SSB would have nothing but Pokereps and Mario characters.

Also, what's with people saying that Sal added in the part about the 6 being predicted for E3? Sal himself was very clear that the rumor predicted E3 reveals.
The clear response to this, of course, is that the character roster should try and please as many Smash fans as possible. Someone will always be upset that their character isn't in, but by adding in the fan favorites, the majority will hopefully remain content. And I have to disagree about the Mario and Pokemon assertion; if the roster was dictated by sales, and sales are considered interchangeable with series character popularity, then maybe, but in general, you'll have maybe one Mario or Pokemon frontrunner (Mewtwo, no real Mario frontrunner this time) who stands out as the best choice.

Also, the fallacy "Durrr, if fans got what they wanted, Shrek and Naruto would be in" implies that every fan request would simply be copy-pasted into the game, no questions asked. They'd still have to pass the sniff test for quality and common sense, but for the most part, that wouldn't be a problem for characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Takamaru, etc.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am not mad that there are out there characters I am mad that there are hardly any fan favs, I am going to write an article on this which I am sure will be hated by everyone because you know sakurai can not do any wrong.

pop quiz: if the sal roster was posted as a leak after e3 and was not 90 percent chance of being true like this is would you have been ok with it? I bet no since this is worse then the hated betternet leak which at least had diddy kong and mewtwo.
I'm planning on writing a similar article myself. Glad to know I won't be the only one.

I've never been okay with Sal's leak. I always hated the Mii and, up until recently, disliked Pacman (I want him in now because his fans get so much needless sh*t). Now, these new characters plus Mewtwo are looking to be the final roster, which is absolutely horrendous. Only Mega Man and Little Mac serving as true bones to the fans (with Palutena being Sakurai's shoo-in baby and Mewtwo being a Pokemon Company request) is outright unacceptable to me.

Also, no judgment from me about you buying it second hand. If that's the message you want to send to the developers, go right on ahead. People can talk up their hard work all they want, but if they're working hard in the complete wrong direction, you have every right to make that statement.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'll simply say this. I'm gonna keep this as my Avatar for the rest of the year. Once all the characters are revealed PLEASE send me a message telling me how many Pokemon characters there are and how many Mario characters there are. I guarantee you Mario will either have more OR will have the same amount as Pokemon, but Pokemon WILL NOT have more than Mario.

Now if for some insanely odd reason Pokemon has more than Mario then please feel free to bash the hell out of me.
I don't want to bash anyone.

All we really have to go on is what has happened on previous games. And Sakurai considers the game to have 6 Pokemon reps and 4 Mario. So there you go.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm planning on writing a similar article myself. Glad to know I won't be the only one.

I've never been okay with Sal's leak. I always hated the Mii and, up until recently, disliked Pacman (I want him in now because his fans get so much needless sh*t). Now, these new characters plus Mewtwo are looking to be the final roster, which is absolutely horrendous. Only Mega Man and Little Mac serving as true bones to the fans (with Palutena being Sakurai's shoo-in baby and Mewtwo being a Pokemon Company request) is outright unacceptable to me.

Also, no judgment from me about you buying it second hand. If that's the message you want to send to the developers, go right on ahead. People can talk up their hard work all they want, but if they're working hard in the complete wrong direction, you have every right to make that statement.
Don't worry. I'd say that will certanly NOT be the final Roster. ^^ Especially since Ridley is not there, and from my analysis lately, I am very sure he is playable.

I do trust Sakurai to make the roster great, though. So either way, I am not worried.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
anyway@Bauske THE SITE IS NOT THE STARTING ROSTER . you cant possibly have 36+ (29 currently + 7 slots still empty.) as a starting characters.........no way.

they will have some seen but unlockable anyway......and I think some of them are rosaluma (:/) ,luigi, greninja/lucario, tink/shiek ect......
7 slots still open? Where are you getting that they're going to reveal a total of 36 characters before the game releases? Because of those little slots at the bottom of the character pages when you scroll all the way over? Those slots mean nothing. It's just generic empty space. If you view the Smash Bros. site on a mobile phone, there's only one empty slot left.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
7 slots still open? Where are you getting that they're going to reveal a total of 36 characters before the game releases? Because of those little slots at the bottom of the character pages when you scroll all the way over? Those slots mean nothing. It's just generic empty space. If you view the Smash Bros. site on a mobile phone, there's only one empty slot left.
well maybe they will be filled out......also I had no idea there is 1 when you view from phone.......

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The clear response to this, of course, is that the character roster should try and please as many Smash fans as possible.
By this logic, we would never have gotten Marth and Roy in Melee, and FE may well have taken years to come to the west. You can also scratch Pit, Ice Climbers, Mother reps, etc.

Smaller series deserve some love, especially when most of the large series in Smash already have multiple reps. A series designed to celebrate everything Nintendo should do just that, not only celebrate the series with the most fans.

Someone will always be upset that their character isn't in, but by adding in the fan favorites, the majority will hopefully remain content. And I have to disagree about the Mario and Pokemon assertion; if the roster was dictated by sales, and sales are considered interchangeable with series character popularity, then maybe, but in general, you'll have maybe one Mario or Pokemon frontrunner (Mewtwo, no real Mario frontrunner this time) who stands out as the best choice.
I find it hard to believe that a majority of people will ever be happy with the final roster for any Smash game. Sakurai should pick based on his intuition of what makes a good roster, not on pure fanservice. WFT looks hilarious and fantastic and yet we would've never gotten her if Sakurai kowtowed to the fans.

History has shown that Sakurai's vision generally exceeds the fanbase's.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arguments about roster slots, how the roster will be horrible, and how Sakurai is stupid?
Man this thread really has gone to ****. Like it was really ever that good to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
lol Ridley? If he's playable he's gonna be tiny.
Yeah, just like Olimar was. When they made him 100+ times bigger. ^^
Do know that the Size thing has been debunked countless of times. The only thing in Ridley's way is Sakurai, and his... special mind. But I have enough hints and such to be positive he will be in, but this isn't the Place.

Anywho, let's go back on topic. Leaks. Ignoring those PacMan leaks, no matter how Epic they are, any recent ones?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Yeah, just like Olimar was. When they made him 100+ times bigger. ^^
Do know that the Size thing has been debunked countless of times. The only thing in Ridley's way is Sakurai, and his... special mind. But I have enough hints and such to be positive he will be in, but this isn't the Place.

Anywho, let's go back on topic. Leaks. Ignoring those PacMan leaks, no matter how Epic they are, any recent ones?
too bad i don't give a crap.

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So can someone tell me if the whole "K. Rool and Ridley aren't playable" leaker was actually confirmed to be Portrait of Ruin and was this person even confirmed to have said such things? If so, when did this happen? Because I remember everyone saying it was ChaosZero.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's one thing that bugs me about roster ******** and that's when someone says ''TOO MANY MARIO/POKEMON CHARACTERS."

Saying too many Mario/Pokemon characters about Smash Brothers is like walking around Disney Land/World and saying...

''YES IT WAS FUN BUT THERE WAS TOO MUCH MICKEY MOUSE/DISNEY PRINCESSES!"

Shut up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom