• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
We need more information :c
For now, Mewtwo have 61% of chance, with more information, this may increase or decrease.

Rumors will become true if we analyze if there are clues that lead to the Pokemon or other character, in the video.

I did not see any clue.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im with you too, I thought it was mewtwo and got over-hyped.... Meanwhile, a certain friend of mine thought it was naruto

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that watched the trailer before grenninja was revealed, it was obv we were supposed to think mewtwo with the aura sphere thing.

also I don't necessary believe this but I guess he could have watched the direct
Looking back on it, I don't really think we were intended to think it was Mewtwo. The gestures he makes with his hands are pretty ninja-esque, plus the way his hands are positioned when charging Water Shuriken are not the same as Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere, which is more like one would be holding a sphere, while Greninja's hands were completely flat. Also, why would Mewtwo be upside-down? Of course I thought it was Mewtwo at first as well, but that was probably because I was blinded by all the hype.
ALSO ALL DA WATAH EFFECTS ON THE SHURIKEN MIGHT TIP SOMEONE OFF HEY GUYS LET'S GET BACK TO LEAKS

Touma

Smash Rookie
If Mewtwo is in, I really think he's E3 tier material. Even though with the obvious doubts behind Ridley, if he's in he'd be E3 material too. Of course Sakurai would troll us with Ridley's shadow (Could very well be Meta Ridley too.) and making Greninja look like Mewtwo at the start of that trailer, he loves messing with his fans.

E3 = Here's your final reason to buy my game: I've put two of the most requested characters in.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
It was Aura Sphere?

You didn't see the ninja star?
That's what I'm saying. Clearly water shuriken, Greninja's signature move (he was my starter in X/Y).

We need more information :c
For now, Mewtwo have 61% of chance, with more information, this may increase or decrease.

Rumors will become true if we analyze if there are clues that lead to the Pokemon or other character, in the video.

I did not see any clue.
At this point I'm pretty sure they are going to save Mewtwo for E3. Before then though, I expect the time between new character reveals will be shortened greatly given the Summer release. Either that or there will be a massive character dump during E3

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that watched the trailer before grenninja was revealed, it was obv we were supposed to think mewtwo with the aura sphere thing.

also I don't necessary believe this but I guess he could have watched the direct
I don't think we were intended to believe that was Mewtwo. I think people just got all hyped up when they realized that there was a Pokemon character. Personally, I didn't know what to expect because at first I thought he was charging an ice attack :V.

Anyway, I'm also inclined to believe the Sal Romano leak. He hasn't technically been wrong about anything and Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager AND Wii Fit Trainer are too good for a guess.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't think we were intended to believe that was Mewtwo. I think people just got all hyped up when they realized that there was a Pokemon character. Personally, I didn't know what to expect because at first I thought he was charging an ice attack :V.

Anyway, I'm also inclined to believe the Sal Romano leak. He hasn't technically been wrong about anything and Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager AND Wii Fit Trainer are too good for a guess.
he also has little mac, just wrong timing, and sort of vaguely greninja.

kataridragon

Smash Ace

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
he also has little mac, just wrong timing, and sort of vaguely greninja.
I don't think the timing is an issue.

As I understand it, Sal Romano is just a writer for Gematsu. His alleged source (the one doing the alleged leaking) gave him the names of some of the newcomers whereupon Sal posted the names he heard as his "prediction" on Neogaf, not knowing whether they were true or not. Not all 6 were revealed at E3, but I doubt there was ever a plan to do so. The leaker is the one who gave the names of the newcomers but they probably didn't say whether or not they would be at E3. That was most likely Sal's prediction.

Of course, this is only conjecture, but the timing of the reveals isn't really a problem for this leak.

Touma

Smash Rookie
Thought that this rumour is interesting due to the fact of a Nintendo marketer hinting at details tht everyone missed.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...w-super-smash-bros-characters-yesterday-25163

mentions that they may have teased 4 different newcomers.
I haven't seen many point out the fact that during that 'Smash Mode' that was shown Kremlings are shown as enemies. Before you say "Yeah, but Kremlings are just an enemy from DK!" We haven't seen Kremlings in any recent media. The DKC reboot doesn't have Kremlings or K. Rool in them. Now, why would Sakurai put Kremlings in there as an enemy when there's a whole heap of enemies of more recent relevance in DKC Returns and DKC Tropical Freeze?

They seem like a hint at the fact that K. Rool is a playable character to me, but that's just my thinking.

Staarih

Smash Master
I totally agree with the trophies hinting of future newcomers, I just found the whole thing very random and to be fair, we're expecting newcomers of those franchises anyway (except for maybe Zelda). Maybe they'll be ones from corresponding games, like from Awakening, Skyward Sword etc..

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Here's the thing:
Sakurai did't say anything about Mewtwo so... he's hiding Mewtwo (Maybe for something more important)...
For me:
60% chances for Mewtwo
You can't just make up percentages.

Sakurai didn't say anything about Reggie in the last three CGI trailers.
180% chances for Reggie.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen many point out the fact that during that 'Smash Mode' that was shown Kremlings are shown as enemies. Before you say "Yeah, but Kremlings are just an enemy from DK!" We haven't seen Kremlings in any recent media. The DKC reboot doesn't have Kremlings or K. Rool in them. Now, why would Sakurai put Kremlings in there as an enemy when there's a whole heap of enemies of more recent relevance in DKC Returns and DKC Tropical Freeze?

They seem like a hint at the fact that K. Rool is a playable character to me, but that's just my thinking.
I think so too. In fact it it seems like Sakurai holding out on our villain characters K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley… What if there's gonna be a big E3 Smash villain trailer introducing all 3 characters?! Ahhhh! My heart! But seriously that seems like something Sakurai would pull in order to reach critical hype levels before the 3ds release.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
1) so has anybody ever guessed something a wtf as wii fit trainer and still got stuff wrong?

2) has anybody ever added stuff to a legitimite leak for fun?

3) I assumed he seen the leaky 3 during some special demo or prep for e3, where did these come from, and why would he not know the full characters back then, was he just revealing e3 reveals and purpose holding stuff back?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Just a thought, but as a proposed "stage hazard", Ridley's movements seem a tad calm for that category, don't you think?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

40% Ridley

70% Mewtwo
Sorry, I like percentages :(
As badass as it would be to reenact that scene with Mewtwo and Charizard - just because there was an anime special that featured both means nothing. And in the Ridley gif, it clearly says 'other boss characters appear'. I agree that Ridley still has a very slim chance of being playable, but whatever.

Anyway, go to the character discussion thread for this stuff. This is the rumour thread.

Touma

Smash Rookie
Just a thought, but as a proposed "stage hazard", Ridley's movements seem a tad calm for that category, don't you think?
Honestly? I think we're looking at either
1: Sakurai just trolling us with that, trying to get us to think Ridley is deconfirmed
2: Notice the steel tail at the end of the animation? Guess who that might belong to?
Metaridley.jpg

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
1) so has anybody ever guessed something a wtf as wii fit trainer and still got stuff wrong?

2) has anybody ever added stuff to a legitimite leak for fun?

3) I assumed he seen the leaky 3 during some special demo or prep for e3, where did these come from, and why would he not know the full characters back then, was he just revealing e3 reveals and purpose holding stuff back?
1) Sal's source hasn't gotten anything wrong yet.

2) If they did I don't think we'd ever know.

3) I don't know why Sal's source would be so scarce with information, but we don't know how Sal's source knew of these characters/how he's related to the project. He could have been holding stuff back, or maybe he didn't know all of them at that point. Again, we don't know how our "leaker" knows these things yet.
2: Notice the steel tail at the end of the animation? Guess who that might belong to?
View attachment 11866
The tail is from Other M Ridley.

As for how he moves, I don't think I've seen any character stay airborne for that long.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't think the timing is an issue.

As I understand it, Sal Romano is just a writer for Gematsu. His alleged source (the one doing the alleged leaking) gave him the names of some of the newcomers whereupon Sal posted the names he heard as his "prediction" on Neogaf, not knowing whether they were true or not. Not all 6 were revealed at E3, but I doubt there was ever a plan to do so. The leaker is the one who gave the names of the newcomers but they probably didn't say whether or not they would be at E3. That was most likely Sal's prediction.

Of course, this is only conjecture, but the timing of the reveals isn't really a problem for this leak.
I totally agree, little mac and "an x and y pokemon" give him even MORE credibility even with the timing and vagueness .

Thought that this rumour is interesting due to the fact of a Nintendo marketer hinting at details tht everyone missed.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...w-super-smash-bros-characters-yesterday-25163

mentions that they may have teased 4 different newcomers.
the trophies certainly stuck out like a sore thumb, ESPECIALLY pseudo palutena (Sudowoodo confirmed!!!)...king kihunter (king ki confirmed, goku assist trophy!!!)

but seriously my guess for the trophies would be:

Fi = reworked Ganondorf

Tiki = Chrom (fits the sal leak)

Pseudo Palutena = Palutena (duh, and also fits the sal leak and the palutena leak)

King Kihunter = Ridley (he's been hinted at SO much, and if your going to deconfirm him then just do it already! why tease him its VERY fishy and now nintendo saying the direct teased stuff... we are being played with here).

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
View attachment 11869
Compare the tails, this one's tail is too short and it doesn't have the little sword-like design whereas this one DOES have Meta's more spear-like design at the end and an appropriate sized tail.
No, I'm pretty sure it is the sword-like design.

Meta Ridley's tail is more spade-like. Should also mention this isn't the steel color of Meta Ridley's tail.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Here's the thing. Ridley turns near the fade out of his scene. However, unlike Yellow Devil, it's like a fighter turning around instead of a more exaggerated motion.

Not to mention, if Ridley was a stage hazard/boss character, he wouldn't just sit there, flying in place and slowly moving around. There would've been noises from an attack of some sort, like YD's lasers. Plus, with how long the scene lasted, Ridley should've roared at least once if he was just a stage hazard.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. Ridley turns near the fade out of his scene. However, unlike Yellow Devil, it's like a fighter turning around instead of a more exaggerated motion.

Not to mention, if Ridley was a stage hazard/boss character, he wouldn't just sit there, flying in place and slowly moving around. There would've been noises from an attack of some sort, like YD's lasers. Plus, with how long the scene lasted, Ridley should've roared at least once if he was just a stage hazard.
Ridley's shadow is off-screen when we would see a turning animation, so we don't know if he'd turn on a dime like fighters do or if he has a more complicated animation like a boss would. We can't tell either way.

What we can tell, however, is that the caption quite explicitly refers to the Ridley clone as a stage boss.

Staarih

Smash Master
The shadow of Ridley is sort of... erratic to me, sort of like the shadows of playable characters. You can see some character shadows in the Yellow Devil footage right before the Ridley scene. I don't know, I'm just seeing things and surely the stage bosses will have shadows too.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

Yellow Devil doesn't turn around, does he? He just disassembles and reassembles in a different position.

Ridley didn't really just sit there. We can see from the shadow that he apparently grabs Pikachu. There isn't any noise because that bit of footage was muted.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Just like to point out that even if Ridley is a stage hazard, there's always the chance he'll be removed or replaced while actually fighting, like with Toon Link on the Spirit Train. Showing the shadow of Ridley there has literally changed nothing.

Touma

Smash Rookie
What we can tell, however, is that the caption quite explicitly refers to the Ridley clone as a stage boss.
There's just something strange about it though. Why just his shadow? If Sakurai wanted to say "Oh hey, I'm not putting Ridley in" he could have shown footage of Pikachu fighting Ridley. Sakurai showed the tail, we've debunked that it's Other M Ridley so it's not that he wanted us to wonder what form he's appearing in.

Honestly, while my doubts that he's getting in are quite high, Ridley doesn't look that boss-like in this footage. Almost like Sakurai just put that caption there to mess with us.

Last edited:

Croco

Smash Lord
Did anyone else notice that Ridley actually picks up Pikachu? You can totally see Pikachu's hind legs and tail (it's very distinctive) in the shadow.
I did. Made multiple posts about it. but everyone was ignoring me or correcting me. So i gave up. i never wanted Ridley playable since melee. But i was convinced a bit after seeing his shadow.

Clearly it shows pikachu getting picked up.
If he is revealed as playable.. i will be rubbing my old posts in those who didn't listen to me. Lol

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I did. Made multiple posts about it. but everyone was ignoring me or correcting me. So i gave up. i never wanted Ridley playable since melee. But i was convinced a bit after seeing his shadow.

Clearly it shows pikachu getting picked up.
If he is revealed as playable.. i will be rubbing my old posts in those who didn't listen to me. Lol
Well, he doesn't have to playable in order to pick other characters up, does he?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well, he doesn't have to playable in order to pick other characters up, does he?
I think it makes him seem less likely. No other character can just swoop down and grab someone in midair and hoist them back up. That's reserved for bosses and stage hazards. :cool:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think it makes him seem less likely. No other character can just swoop down and grab someone in midair and hoist them back up. That's reserved for bosses and stage hazards. :cool:

it could be ridleys thing to fly around and move people, an opposite to little macs on the ground fighting...or maybe he's just a stage hazard that does that, this is cruel sakurai why must you tease us like this!?!?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Yeah, unless it's a Toon Link/Alfonzo deal. I think we need to consider him to be deconfirmed, even if it's not 100%.

Speaking of the Toon Link/Alfonzo deal... Did anyone else notice this?

The cage has a Mii in it...

The cage is empty... Hmmm...

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Regarding Ridley, here are a few things I've noticed...

1. If you look at how the shadow moves, it would be Ridley moving on the same axis as a normal fighter, left to right in the playable area. With Yellow Devil in mind, this could mean nothing. But it's something to keep in mind; He doesn't come up from the background, like Yellow Devil does, and he moves across the stage in a fluid motion, unlike Yellow Devil.

2. This is more a play on semantics, and sounds like a Sakurai move. But what if, by "Other boss characters may appear," he didn't necessarily mean stage bosses? Bowser, Ganondorf, and King Dedede are all "boss characters" in their respective franchises, and since Ridley is a "boss" in Metroid, this may be what he was referring to. And since Ridley is on Pyrosphere, yes, there is a "boss" on the stage. And the caption reads, "Other boss appearances," which doesn't restrict the definition to being a stage hazard. The whole thing could just be a giant play on words. Also, it sort of begs the question why he specifies "boss characters" rather than just "bosses," or "boss stage hazards," but that might be able to be attributed to the translation

3. Going off of that, stages in Smash Bros. tend to be unique in their own way. Wily's Castle gimmick appears to be Yellow Devil himself, and the idea of the stage is to "beat Yellow Devil" and get the bonus explosion. If multiple stages were to have similar boss battles, Wily's Castle would lose a lot of its uniqueness, which doesn't strike me as very likely. Also, I don't think Ridley would explode, so killing him would do basically nothing, meaning he probably isn't a "stage boss," but he might be a "stage hazard." However, refer to point 2 above and point 4 below as to why I think this isn't the case.

4. It makes absolutely no sense from a gameplay perspective how a stage background would pick a character up (Pikachu). The player would be punished and unable to play for a short duration, which is horrible gameplay design. Say what you will about tripping, but it didn't actively prevent a player from playing for 5 seconds. This would basically be free hits, which makes for a horrible stage hazard in and of itself.

Just an interesting new take on the information presented. I can't verify it so I don't know if point 2 still holds in its original Japanese context, but it's still an interesting thought. Also, quick question, but did anybody catch Cranky Kong's silhouette in the DK stage shack? I didn't happen to notice it, so it might be an indicator of a certain "old kong" appearing as a fighter or assist trophy, as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom