• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)
Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Rumored:
Choir Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

This could very well be the newcomer list guys. If it is, then what do you guys think of it?
No heavy weights, no villains. It's laughable.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Actually im fine with all of those newcomers, even the chorus men. I love rhythm heaven, so im interested to know how they will play
honestly they will probably be like rosalina; when you hear about the character they dont seem that cool but when you see how the character plays it's really awesome.

imagine all the timing based moves or controlling 3 characters at once, could be very cool and unique.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Like I've said, it sure would be nice if a certain DK character was the one they were off by, just so we don't have to feel totally horrible about our prediction skills for popular characters.
I still think there's a chance that it's Ridley, just because Sakurai has been shoving it in our faces, and his other teases are either confirmed (ZSS) or all but confirmed (Palutena).

Shroob

Sup?
No heavy weights, no villains. It's laughable.
Who exactly would you consider a heavyweight outside of Ridley, who is most likely no more? I've seen strong, strong fan support for all these characters except WFT and the Chrous men.

The whole "More Villains!" is the same as "More Women!" Fan expectations.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who exactly would you consider a heavyweight outside of Ridley, who is most likely no more? I've seen strong, strong fan support for all these characters except WFT and the Chrous men.
Well...there's a certain crocodile...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd be okay with that newcomer list, but I still think that no Mewtwo is a glaring flaw. No DK newcomer is annoying given how impressive the resumes of Dixie, Cranky and K. Rool are, but I can deal with it. Given the source, I'm very likely to believe it. But since it oddly missed Rosalina, the possibility exists that it missed more characters.

We'll probably have a better idea of what's going on with the roster come E3, which is when the last info dump will happen. We actually have exactly 2 months until E3 starts too, so it's not going to be that long of a wait.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd be okay with that newcomer list, but I still think that no Mewtwo is a glaring flaw. No DK newcomer is annoying given how impressive the resumes of Dixie, Cranky and K. Rool are, but I can deal with it. Given the source, I'm very likely to believe it. But since it oddly missed Rosalina, the possibility exists that it missed more characters.

We'll probably have a better idea of what's going on with the roster come E3, which is when the last info dump will happen. We actually have exactly 2 months until E3 starts too, so it's not going to be that long of a wait.
If Solozard is considered a veteran, Mewtwo would be considered a veteran as well, thus not a newcomer, to be frank.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

This could very well be the newcomer list guys. If it is, then what do you guys think of it?
I don't mind the list. I think it's missing some of the heavy hitters we were expecting, but it seems to line up with what Sakurai would do. The choir men would be an amazing wtf character that I would love to play.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Yeah, I mean it doesn't mention that the list is all the remaining newcomers so I can keep holding out hope Sakurai hasn't ignored us Kremling fans.

Otherwise it's a pretty believable and excellent list given past trends. Greninja sort of filled my need for Takamaru, so I'm alright with him missing out, albeit disappointed fans over here won't get to know him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

Missing a few 'obvious' choices like K. Rool, Ridley, a bunch of characters that only I want and nobody else does, but other than that I'd be content enough.

Not perfectly happy, but just happy enough.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, I mean it doesn't mention that the list is all the remaining newcomers so I can keep holding out hope Sakurai hasn't ignored us Kremling fans.

Otherwise it's a pretty believable and excellent list given past trends. Greninja sort of filled my need for Takamaru, so I'm alright with him missing out, albeit disappointed fans over here won't get to know him.
no it doesnt mention this is all the remaining newcomers but if you do the Math from the MK8 leak of 48 characters 4 cuts, this is probably our list with MAYBE one unknown newcomer INSTEAD of Mewtwo returning...and thats only after cutting Ike, or Wolf, or Whoever.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If Solozard is considered a veteran, Mewtwo would be considered a veteran as well, thus not a newcomer, to be frank.
True, but the way the fanbase treats him he might as well be considering he'd reach the amount of hype one could get. So it is a bit odd he wouldn't mention who is probably the most wanted character in the game regardless of him not being technically a newcomer.

Having said that, I'm still holding out for Mewtwo as we could still get six Pokémon for the game.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

I really really hope that Takamaru makes it in. Chrom is a bit of a "eh" for me (he has too many parallels to both Marth and Ike but because "main character", he'll far and away be the most wanted FE newcomer), but if Takamaru and Palutena make it and this is what the roster looks like completely, I'd be content.

Shroob

Sup?
True, but the way the fanbase treats him he might as well be considering he'd reach the amount of hype one could get. So it is a bit odd he wouldn't mention who is probably the most wanted character in the game regardless of him not being technically a newcomer.

Having said that, I'm still holding out for Mewtwo as we could still get six Pokémon for the game.
If he knew who was on the roster, he could have mentioned the whole damn thing, but he only picked Newcomers. This Sal guy seems to only deal with Newcomers, and considering his lack of Rosalina knowledge, he may not know everything.

But still, Mewtwo is still a veteran, even with the hype surrounding him.

Last edited:

Starbound

no it doesnt mention this is all the remaining newcomers but if you do the Math from the MK8 leak of 48 characters 4 cuts, this is probably our list with MAYBE one unknown newcomer INSTEAD of Mewtwo returning...and thats only after cutting Ike, or Wolf, or Whoever.
The MK8 leak is most likely false considering the info he had about Mario Kart 8 is wrong as inside drift doesn't return at all.

Also the idea of "with Squirtle and Ivysaur cut, if we cut Snake and someone else, then add another character to Sal's list, we get the same leak as the MK8 leak" is very flawed logically.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The MK8 leak is most likely false considering the info he had about Mario Kart 8 is wrong as inside drift doesn't return at all.

Also the idea of "with Squirtle and Ivysaur cut, if we cut Snake and someone else, then add another character to Sal's list, we get the same leak as the MK8 leak" is very flawed logically.
So... No 48 character roster then?

And no 4 mandatory cuts?

THANK YOU PEACHY SEMPAI!

Starbound

Also before anyone asks, MK8 uses outside drift. So anyone thinking that "oh well MK8 just uses tweaked inside drifting" is... wrong.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If he knew who was on the roster, he could have mentioned the whole damn thing, but he only picked Newcomers. This Sal guy seems to only deal with Newcomers, and considering his lack of Rosalina knowledge, he may not know everything.

I keep playing around with the roster and "Mewtwo in / Ike out" just makes the most sense... I'm cool with mewtwo though I thought it would be Ridley...I can deal with losing Ike though i'd much rather lose wolf...

if we are right about this one, I can be happy with this roster.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Also before anyone asks, MK8 uses outside drift. So anyone thinking that "oh well MK8 just uses tweaked inside drifting" is... wrong.
I havent followed this MK8 stuff closely but what did he get RIGHT?

because being "wrong" about "inside drift tweeking" sounds like the equivalent of being wrong about getting the release of Pacman, Mii, and Little Mac wrong for E3...seems minor, did MK8 predict something big, where did the credibility come from?

I had just heard "some one predicted stuff for Mario Kart 8 correctly...oh and they had smash info: 48 spots 4 cuts" but never knew what was actually predicted.

Shroob

Sup?

because being "wrong" about "inside drift tweeking" sounds like the equivalent of being wrong about getting the release of Pacman, Mii, and Little Mac wrong for E3...seems minor, did MK8 predict something big, where did the credibility come from?

I had just heard "some one predicted stuff for Mario Kart 8 correctly...oh and they had smash info: 48 spots 4 cuts" but never knew what was actually predicted.
To my knowledge, he's "Credible" because he had over 10k posts on the forum and gold membership.

I never paid much credit to him until this entire discussion happened.

Last edited:

Starbound

That was the only thing he said would happen in MK8.

He gave a bunch of info that can't be proven (why blue shells, lightning and bombs weren't in the E3 demo), but the only thing that he actually put his neck out on the line for was what he got wrong.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What are inside drifting and outside drifting? I have played all Mario Kart games and I know how to drift... but I don't know what's the difference between the two.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

And again, a veteran with a lot of clout, do you think that is not worthy of being mentioned despite that?

Regardless, I'm just listing hypotheticals, and really we need to start considering them since we lost quite a few popular characters today and got cuts despite us clinging to the "best case scenario" for the roster. Possibilities must be considered, even if they're the ones that we hate the most.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And again, a veteran with a lot of clout, do you think that is not worthy of being mentioned?

I'm just listing hypotheticals, and really we need to start considering them since we lost quite a few popular characters today and got cuts despite us clinging to the "best case scenario" for the roster. Possibilities must be considered, even if they're the ones that we hate the most.
If a man sells fish, do you expect him to sell eggs too? If Sal only deals with newcomers, then he only deals with newcomers, that's pretty much it, and let's face it, he doesn't know everything. He didn't know about Rosalina, so there's obviously some holes in his 'information'. And if he was really 'all knowing', he could EASILY tell us all the remaining veterans, but he hasn't. Why? He may not know them, for one.

Last edited:

Starbound

What are inside drifting and outside drifting? I have played all Mario Kart games and I know how to drift... but I don't know what's the difference between the two.
It's only in Mario Kart Wii. If you have the game, load it up and compare how the Flame Runner (a inside drifting vehicle) and the Flame Flier (an outside drifting vehicle) turn. It's much more noticable if you go for the power slide, as you'll see that the Flame Runner takes the turn really sharp while the Flame Flier takes it wide. For another comparison, take the Shooting Star (an outside drifting vehicle) for a spin and compare it to the Flame Runner. The difference really is light and day.

So yeah, MK8 leak is dead. The only ones left standing are the ChaosZero, Jumpman, Sal Romano and Palutena leaks.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I am actually incredibly relieved.
But I hope the Sal leak is true, because I have actually started to look forward to the Chorus Kids. xD

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

Outside of Villager and Shulk (and maybe Little Mac) I'm not impressed. It would be much better if Isaac and Mewtwo were there. (I know Mewtwo isn't a newcomer but you know what I mean)

As it stands it's a little aggravating to look at.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
nothing disconfirming PacMan OR Mii's which mind you could EASILLY have been assists or stage stuff or items or ANYTHING and havent been yet.
I won't pretend there is no chance Miis will still be playable, but after this Direct there seems to be decent reasons to doubt that they are. The biggest reason, of course, is that the Find Mii stage uses a crown as its series logo instead of the Mii logo. It is very unlikely that Miis would use this as their series logo, and since this stage is clearly from a Mii-centric game, that raises a serious red flag. On top of that, a Mii was shown to reside in the cage in that stage, which means that they are in fact "stage stuff," at least to a small degree. On top of that, Miis were shown to once again be used in the online mode as avatars; while this does not mean they are not playable necessarily, it does give the impression that there's a good chance they are not. Not to mention the fact that the jet pack from Pilotwings Resort was shown, which seemed like the obvious choice for a Mii Up-Special. This is in addition to the bowling ball move of the Villager, boxing moves seen on two characters, yoga of the Wii Fit Trainer, baseball bat of Ness, and tennis racquet and golf club of Peach. Altogether, this leaves the Mii with relatively few obvious options for a unique moveset. Admittedly this is a pretty weak and highly arguable reason as to why they might not be playable, but the point still stands for what it is worth. Now, with all of that said, there is still a decent chance Miis are playable, especially since there is another Mii-centric game stage (whose series logo we haven't seen for that matter), two more if you see Pilotwings as a Mii game, and the Sal Romano leak to support their inclusion. For the record Miis are my most wanted character after Pac-Man, so I'm really hoping my paranoia turns out to be misguided! For now let's all try not to lose our minds too much over these new Direct-fueled mysteries, I imagine all will become clear soon enough.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If a man sells fish, do you expect him to sell eggs too? If Sal only deals with newcomers, then he only deals with newcomers, that's pretty much it, and let's face it, he doesn't know everything. He didn't know about Rosalina, so there's obviously some holes in his 'information'. And if he was really 'all knowing', he could EASILY tell us all the remaining veterans, but he hasn't. Why? He may not know them, for one.
What part of "listing hypotheticals" is slipping through at this point? Mewtwo has always been treated as a special circumstance in the fandom, so logically that could (key would being could) extend to him being leaked out with newcomers. I'm very aware of the scenario could be that he's just talking about newcomers and there's a possibility that he doesn't know everything, but there's also the possibility that he does at least know about the character and didn't reveal Mewtwo because he's not present.

Honestly, it's a hypothetical, a possibility, hell, even Devil's Advocate if you will, that's all.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I am actually incredibly relieved.
But I hope the Sal leak is true, because I have actually started to look forward to the Chorus Kids. xD
well the Sal leaks don't lose credibility at all, its just that we now are in the dark about roster size and cuts...tho HONESTLY i dont see many more newcomers (after adding up all the ones sal's leaked) and I dont see many cuts (breaking up pokemon trainer into just one character is still a big cut in a good way, as in more time to work on other characters without squirtle ivysaur so less other characters are likely to be cut).

soooo 48 slots with 4 cuts or not I still think the proposed rosters are very close to what we'll end up with.

honestly now it's just more likely an extra newcomer or two sal hasnt mentioned could still exist and maybe only ivysaur/squirtle/snake are cut, so raise your hopes back up.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
well the Sal leaks don't lose credibility at all, its just that we now are in the dark about roster size and cuts...tho HONESTLY i dont see many more newcomers (after adding up all the ones sal's leaked) and I dont see many cuts (breaking up pokemon trainer into just one character is still a big cut in a good way, as in more time to work on other characters without squirtle ivysaur so less other characters are likely to be cut).

soooo 48 slots with 4 cuts or not I still think the proposed rosters are very close to what we'll end up with.

honestly now it's just more likely an extra newcomer or two sal hasnt mentioned could still exist and maybe only ivysaur/squirtle/snake are cut, so raise your hopes back up.
S'what I'm hoping for. I said my goodbyes to Snake a while ago. Sheik just happened to pick up his grenades on the way out.

As long as Ike doesn't get cut (Like seriously, why Ike when the spacies are so much more similar?) and K. Rool were to get in. (I'm freakin' serious here Sakurai, I won't be too salty, but this opportunity is too good to pass up.) This roster would be literally perfect for me. (Oh, and Mewtwo over Puff, or with, either way. Seriously though, that roster of 5 perfect Pokemon reps brings tears of joy to my eyes.)

Just...just a couple more months, potentially. E3 can't come soon enough.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
You know what I was thinking? Sakurai said that he doesn't want to cut anyone, so assuming he lives up to that, no leaker could know who was cut until the game is done being worked on, because he could be trying his best to throw any "low priority" characters in after he's done with the newcomers. Also, I really hate the fact that Ivysaur + Squirtle are most likely cut. Not that I used them, but I just hate cuts. Also, I honestly don't see them cutting Jigglupuff/Not Adding Mewtwo, which would give Pokémon 6 slots. Are there any leaks that have 6 Mario and Pokémon slots? I feel like they would make them even... Idk... I just hope none of these leaks are real, because I want Sakurai to come through with no cuts/only Squirtle+Ivysaur cut...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I guess that after the Direct, there are already a load of leaks being debunked.
Pretty much all of them, except another from Salromano, which I believe came this morning before the direct. And of course the pre-E3 leak and Palutena.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Confirmed:
Greninja (Pokemon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man)

Rumored:
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Mii (Wii Series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Shulk (Xenoblade)

So these are the characters Sal Romano is being tipped off? If so then I will be at least happy with this.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I didn't want to go to the Ridley thread for my daily intake of salt, out of respect for their loss.... This will do.
it's not just ridley, it's the sal leak which is 100 percent legit, he got to much right. The final roster is garbage worse then betternet, he practically ignored fan favs and put random characters he wants. Before this I did not mind him putting random stuff in since I was sure he listen to the high demand for characters like ridley, king k rool, ect. Instead we get a frog, rosalina, CHORUS MAN(really), wii fit trainer which is character no one asked for.

I know I am going to get hate for this post, but can you really blame me I mean just the other day the maj was hating the betternet leak which is BETTER then what were prob ending up with. IK I am going to be written off as a crybaby but I can not help being upset about a game I am passionate about coming up short I just waited what 2 years for this. This is coming from the guy that defended sakurai and considered him to know what he was doing. After seeing this though I can clearly see he is out of touch with the fans and puts in characters that again no one asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom