• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
This doesn't pertain to rumors per say but:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the official Nintendo SSB page for facebook which hadn't updated since E3, yes had not had a single update since E3, all of a sudden gave out a burst of updates just today. They added Rosalina and Little Mac trailers and artworks (which weren't added) and added all of the other confirmed veterans and are adding miiverse pics such as Pikachu on top of DK or Luigi's nose every couple of minutes.

There is no new info on the facebook page but the most important information is this: Why start upating today?

I have a big feeling tomorrow is going to be huge (Smash Brothers also opened its official twitter last friday) with the direct that is coming at all. I also strongly believe the game is much closer to release than many people expect.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the official Nintendo SSB page for facebook which hadn't updated since E3, yes had not had a single update since E3, all of a sudden gave out a burst of updates just today. They added Rosalina and Little Mac trailers and artworks (which weren't added) and added all of the other confirmed veterans and are adding miiverse pics such as Pikachu on top of DK or Luigi's nose every couple of minutes.

There is no new info on the facebook page but the most important information is this: Why start upating today?

I have a big feeling tomorrow is going to be huge (Smash Brothers also opened its official twitter last friday) with the direct that is coming at all. I also strongly believe the game is much closer to release than many people expect.
I guess they either genuinely forgot about it or didn't think it was worth paying someone to do it until attention got drawn to it.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I think it may be an arcade version, if not a delay.
Plenty of other fighters have updated arcade versions. With any extra content from those being DLC/updates for the console versions.

I would love this, personally.
Come to think of it, perhaps an arcade version could be used for tournament players. As it stands, the lack of wired controller support is an issue, but if they mass produce arcade cabinets with wired controllers attached, then perhaps TO's could just buy and use those.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, perhaps an arcade version could be used for tournament players. As it stands, the lack of wired controller support is an issue, but if they mass produce arcade cabinets with wired controllers attached, then perhaps TO's could just buy and use those.
While I think the idea is interesting I have high doubts. First off arcades are dead in america and waning in Japan. Next that concept would be incredibly expensive to try as well as having a low payout. Tournament organizers buying cabnets is a pipe dream and far to expensive.

Im not against the idea, I see it as unlikely.

Last edited:

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman

What's the twitter account name?

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
While I think the idea is interesting I have high doubts. First off arcades are dead in america and waning in Japan. Next that concept would be incredibly expensive to try as well as having a low payout. Tournament organizers buying cabnets is a pipe dream and far to expensive.

Im not against the idea, I see it as unlikely.
You're probably right, I was just trying to think of a reason Namco would want to make an arcade version. Like you said, arcades are a dying breed so I doubt they would make it for a casual purpose. Either way, I can't imagine the game will be delayed due to the Wii U struggles a regular update already planned when the game isn't out. I suppose it is possible that they are just planning a regular update if time restraints are forcing cut characters or planned newcomers couldn't make it in. I would be dumbfounded if this truly is a sequel coming out next year, I don't see that as remotely possible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm pretty sure it's DLC.

The WiiU is the first Nintendo home console that can utilize DLC, so adding back cut characters (since Sakurai has stated that he feels bad for the fans of each cut character) or newcomers that were planned but never finished seems likely.

Even if not characters, there's always stages and the like.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Anyone see this yet? Bandai Namco Leak.
Bandai Namco recently put up a rather interesting job posting for “Smash Bros. 6″. Although it was taken down after being discovered by various outlets, it mentioned that the game will be released next year on Wii U and 3DS.

Here’s what you should know about the job listing:

- Project currently being worked on by 120 staffers
- Number expected to increase to 200
- Team needs programmers for various roles
- They’ll be put into different teams to handle characters, stages, 3D programming, motion, game mode, mini-games, menu, UI, and more
- Message on the recruitment page:

“Social games are currently a big hit, but the current state of job opportunities for making retail games is critically low. In the midst of this, this will likely be your only chance to be part of a development project for the Smash Bros. [series], which has surpassed a total of 10 million in worldwide sales. And Bandai Namco believes that now is the best time to recruit programmers for retail games.”

- Only 3 Smash Bros. games thus far
- Wii U/3DS games would count as the fourth
- The two games have generally been thought of as “Smash Bros. 4″
- “6″ could be a typo
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS may have been delayed into 2015
- Another possibility is that Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are the fourth and fifth in the series, and Smash Bros. 6 is an entirely different/updated version of the game being released next year
- Tatsuya Matsumura, a consultant who uploaded the ad, seems to still have all of his other recruitment ads live on the website
- Matsumura appears to have been in the business of a career consultant to connect developers and software companies with programmers and engineers since 2011
He currently specializes in getting people in touch with gaming and software developers, and has successfully helped the recruitment of over 2,000 people thus far

Groose

Smash Champion
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS may have been delayed into 2015
Not gonna happen, pal. Nintendo just relaunched a Super Smash Bros. Facebook page. In the last couple of hours alone, they mentioned that the game will launch in 2014 multiple times. Why pull that stunt when you KNOW it's going to be delayed?

I'm half-and-half; part of me thinks they meant to say Soul Calibur 6, and part of me thinks Smash DLC.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna happen, pal. Nintendo just relaunched a Super Smash Bros. Facebook page. In the last couple of hours alone, they mentioned that the game will launch in 2014 multiple times. Why pull that stunt when you KNOW it's going to be delayed?

I'm half-and-half; part of me thinks they meant to say Soul Calibur 6, and part of me thinks Smash DLC.
I can't find the Facebook page, all I find are fan pages when I search for it, can you or someone else link me to it?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Melee being so big is exactly why there's no reason for a remake. The game already has a sizable and healthy following
I'm pretty sure it's DLC.

The WiiU is the first Nintendo home console that can utilize DLC, so adding back cut characters (since Sakurai has stated that he feels bad for the fans of each cut character) or newcomers that were planned but never finished seems likely.

Even if not characters, there's always stages and the like.
Almost certainly DLC. There's no way Nintendo would suddenly decide that they need to nearly double the size of the game's staff 2 years into development. They're probably releasing people to other projects to give them a break.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
There's also the small chance it's another crossover game with nintendo characters, with smash bros as a covert name for early development. Let's say they decide to made an adventure based game with nintendo characters, or other kind of game, it would certainly sell

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't think that's someone being legit.
That feels like a hilarious, satirical joke.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Yup, that effectively torpedoes any argument that Smash has been delayed.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Yup, that effectively torpedoes any argument that Smash has been delayed.
Glad that rumor is over and done with. Some moron on GAF keeps posting links to it though.

Anywho, looks like the wolves will be leaving Iwata's doorstep now. The most have been licking their chops this morning.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why are you still continuing this? Nothing better to do?
Come on, both of you stop, it takes two to tango. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did have that dream, sounds like one of my dreams lol! But yeah I doubt their post is meant to be taken seriously...

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
If Nintendo delayed the game, that would be a stupid move.

If you keep on talking about "Oh yea! This totally gonna release in 2014!" and suddenly be like "Sorry guys! We have to move it to 2015", then that means they are basically dog tensing us and Nintendo need to get their killer game out as soon as possible too!

We already got Mario Kart 8 which may boost the sales of the Wii U a bit and they can use Smash as a backup just in case Mario Kart doesn't sell well but if they delayed it, then Ninten won't get many sales.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If Nintendo delayed the game, that would be a stupid move.

If you keep on talking about "Oh yea! This totally gonna release in 2014!" and suddenly be like "Sorry guys! We have to move it to 2015", then that means they are basically dog tensing us and Nintendo need to get their killer game out as soon as possible too!

We already got Mario Kart 8 which may boost the sales of the Wii U a bit and they can use Smash as a backup just in case Mario Kart doesn't sell well but if they delayed it, then Ninten won't get many sales.
That's what they did with Brawl, so I wouldn't put it past them :/

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Why are you still continuing this? Nothing better to do?
It takes mere seconds to successfully insult you. Your life is sad if you don't have even a few seconds to spare for funsies. And also because you keep responding and playing into my hand! YOU CANNOT WIN!

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm just going to post this cause the first comment is hilarious.

Also, a lot of leaks show up in the form of this so they feel sly, etc.

Original source: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/238718132
I've had actually had this happen before to me. Apparently Palutena, Shulk, Yoshi, and Falco will be revealed during the direct. Take this with a grain of salt as my brain also told me Snake would be revealed months back and we all know that that didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom