• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
That's it. Shulk. Hopefully we get some veterans, too.
Right under it she said "Shouldn't I simply look forward to other companies' games? (the proper translation of 楽しみ is "I'm looking forward to".)". I think she's saying that she enjoys smash brothers and any form of her talking about it shouldn't be directly linked with her being involved in the game. Hedeki Kamiya has retweeted it too, so I wouldn't look into it too much. And when someone asked Hideki if PLATINUM fans should watch the direct he responded with "Ask your mom ".

I really hope smash 4/5 doesn't get delayed into 2015, and that smash 6 is some kind of expansion or deluxe edition of the game being worked on by a smaller group.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well that's a hint for shulk but he's so not the only one hinted

The pic of the day I woulden't get your hopes up but the metroid is the assist trophy again ONE DAY BEFORE THE DIRECT coincidence people are considering it a hint for ridley at the direct
We got Isabelle on Friday, and most people don't seem to consider that as a hint at Tom Nook. The Metroid AT has no impact on Ridley's chances.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
He said that the game was trending topic on the day of his announcement.
http://blog.fuzzfind.com/2013/06/11-jun-2013-hot-and-trending-topics.html
Those are the trending topics from June 11, 2013. The only games that were trending topics are: Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Kingdom Hearts 3.
Or Shulk voice actor is doing something for mario kart 8, or shulk is either a assist trophy or a playable character for Smash bros, or he is doing someting for KH3.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's probably best not to assume that just because other developers are talking about it doesn't mean they have some stake in the matter. It may just simply be like the rest of us some of them just may like Smash Bros too.

T

Trick or Treat

It really must be some type of expansion, if anything real at all. What's the point in investing so much time into SSB4 if a new game will just come out next year?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If Namco is hiring for Smash in 2015, couldn't that actually be pointing for prolonged support and perhaps some DLC?

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Namco is hiring for Smash in 2015, couldn't that actually be pointing for prolonged support and perhaps some DLC?
DLC seems to be the most likely explanation. Nintendo may well shower SSB4 with DLC given the success of their forays into the field.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo isn't going to do a Melee remake. There's no reason or demand for it. A Melee remake would only appeal to the niche competitive community, and those guys have no problems playing Melee right now.
I used to feel the same. But considering how big melee still is and how much attention it got last months/year, I think there would be a big market for a "meleeHD" with online capabilities. New HD-graphics, remastered soundtrack, ranking system, online play, balance patches and possibly added content (like characters and stages). I don't know man, I think a game like that would find a huge audience as long as it stayed true to the original game-play wise.

Ps: Don't forget that I said that I think it is extremly unlikely. All I said was that if the article was true, this could be one possible thing (more possible then another completly new Smash coming out 2015, one year after the previous one). And wind waker took what? 6months to remake? Hiring now and the timefram too 2015 should be more then enough to remake melee. Most likely though; The job add was a mistake/misunderstanding from the guy who put it up. Or it could just be DLC-stuff for Smash4 (but then why would he remove it? That he removed it tells me it has something to do with something that Nintendo wants to remain unknown to the public as of now).

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
What makes you say that?
It is ofcourse not a fact, just something that seems likely. I remember reading many articles of how he thought it was extremly exhausting making Smash and that he felt done with the series when Brawl would be finished. Then Iwata apperently talked him into making this version as well. During this development there has been alot of articles yet again where he talks about how stressful it is to make the game and so on. So I think it seems less and less likely that he will make another for every iteration that passes.

But ofcourse, I don't know how persuasive Iwata can be or how often Sakurai has a sudden change of heart ^^

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Most likely though; the article was fake/misunderstood or the job add was a mistake/misunderstanding from the guy who put it up. Or it could just be DLC-stuff for Smash4.
Since I managed to see it before it was taken down and some people may doubt it said what it did, I'll go on record here and state that the advertisement was real and it said what the article said it did. So no, the article is not fake/lying.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Well, only half a more day to go.

My unlikely predictions:

-Shulk reveal cause the of the studio tweeting the Direct + Gamestop lowering prices on Xenoblade.

-Chrom reveal

-Ridley confirmation or deconfirmation as a playable character (50/50).

-Snake confirmation or deconfirmation as a playable character (50/50).

-Gameplay

-Release date

-New stages

-Few veterans, maybe 3-5 reveals.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It is ofcourse not a fact, just something that seems likely. I remember reading many articles of how he thought it was extremly exhausting making Smash and that he felt done with the series when Brawl would be finished. Then Iwata apperently talked him into making this version as well. During this development there has been alot of articles yet again where he talks about how stressful it is to make the game and so on. So I think it seems less and less likely that he will make another for every iteration that passes.

But ofcourse, I don't know how good Iwata is as persuasion. Or how often Sakurai has a sudden change of heart ^^
"Please Understand,"
Not really a leak but Soraya Saga ( Xeno series ) has retweeted the direct announce : https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/452422712183386112
THE. HYPE. IS. REAL. All you Shulk haters need a Monado Shield right about now or Monado Speed to avoid the ****storm...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I found that as a slight hint. Like, Isabelle was in one game, Nook deserves more than her.
I wouldn't consider anything from Sakurai a "hint." Has he ever hinted at stuff before? Doesn't seen like it. He primarily keeps everything very secret and just spouts out random tidbits of information. We shouldn't read too much into today's or Friday's PotD.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Boxing Ring?
Even then, they made two specific versions of that stage just to hide Little Mac from being considered. And the boxing ring could even be thought of as a Kirby reference too, since King Dedede fights take place there.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Even then, they made two specific versions of that stage just to hide Little Mac from being considered. And the boxing ring could even be thought of as a Kirby reference too, since King Dedede fights take place there.
But Dedede's fights have Kirby enemies in the audience. This one had people.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not really a leak but Soraya Saga ( Xeno series ) has retweeted the direct announce : https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/452422712183386112
As mentioned above, she just tweeted about it and it was just her expressing her interest for the series.

Could be something, or it could be that she just loves the series and is getting just as annoyed as Sakurai was with all the overspeculation. :p

Right under it she said "Shouldn't I simply look forward to other companies' games? (the proper translation of 楽しみ is "I'm looking forward to".)". I think she's saying that she enjoys smash brothers and any form of her talking about it shouldn't be directly linked with her being involved in the game. Hedeki Kamiya has retweeted it too, so I wouldn't look into it too much. And when someone asked Hideki if PLATINUM fans should watch the direct he responded with "Ask your mom ".

I really hope smash 4/5 doesn't get delayed into 2015, and that smash 6 is some kind of expansion or deluxe edition of the game being worked on by a smaller group.
I've combed his and Platinum's entire Twitter page and haven't seen anything about that supposed (re)tweet, was it on someone else's page?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I wouldn't consider anything from Sakurai a "hint." Has he ever hinted at stuff before? Doesn't seen like it. He primarily keeps everything very secret and just spouts out random tidbits of information. We shouldn't read too much into today's or Friday's PotD.
I meant not a hint. Kinda more of an indication.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd say that there are a bunch of things that could be hints, especially in the way of stages.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is a troll dudes. If he thinks he can mess with the fans, he will, it's his thing. Take EVERYTHING he says with a grain of salt unless he's confirming something.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I've combed his and Platinum's entire Twitter page and haven't seen anything about that supposed (re)tweet, was it on someone else's page?
He might have deleted it or something. I remember seeing it (at least I'm pretty sure I did) and there are a few other people on different websites that made note of it. He really despises smash fans at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it so that they would stop bothering him about it. I think It was a little bit before he tweeted this.https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/452360797079883777
Smash fans annoy him a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it because people were bugging him too much.

Maybe I really didn't see it, and just heard it so much I believed it. I'm not even sure at this point.
From a discussion on NeoGAF
"-Is it true that Hideki Kamiya wrote about this on Twitter but deleted it shortly after?

If so, hype."

-"It's misunderstanding situation. Smash Fans need to stop taking other people's words as facts. Boss Doggie made mistake and thought that Kamiya retweeted the Direct but it was E3 2012 Wonderful 101 page."

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This Namco Smash Bros 6 thing is most likely an update along the lines of Ultra SF4. Nintendo has a lot hinging on Smash and Mario Kart for the Wii U, so it only makes sense that they'll put a ton of extra effort into them.

If you look at it objectively:
-It's not a typo, they wouldn't be hiring people for SSB4 at this point when development is reaching the end.
-If this game is released between September-November this year, then development time is coming to an end within the next few weeks or so, and the future of the game post-release would be being discussed.
-It's Smash related, a company wouldn't lure potential employees into working for them with the promise of working on something, only to have it be a lie.
- It's not a Smash Bros sequel, they wouldn't release a sequel to Smash only a year after SSB4. That's not Nintendo's style.
- They wouldn't split the fanbase by releasing a sequel or a Namco/Nintendo cross over.

My guess is that Nintendo will just use the Namco team to develop an update to it, with more characters, stages, songs etc with Sakurai overseeing everything.

Maybe Smash will act as a platform, and we'll see yearly updates to it. It does have a huge and dedicated fanbase that could easily support such a bold move.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I think it may be an arcade version, if not a delay.
Plenty of other fighters have updated arcade versions. With any extra content from those being DLC/updates for the console versions.

I would love this, personally.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He might have deleted it or something. I remember seeing it (at least I'm pretty sure I did) and there are a few other people on different websites that made note of it. He really despises smash fans at times, so I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it so that they would stop bothering him about it. I think It was a little bit before he tweeted this.https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/452360797079883777
Smash fans annoy him a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it because people were bugging him too much.

Maybe I really didn't see it, and just heard it so much I believed it. I'm not even sure at this point.
From a discussion on NeoGAF
"-Is it true that Hideki Kamiya wrote about this on Twitter but deleted it shortly after?

If so, hype."

-"It's misunderstanding situation. Smash Fans need to stop taking other people's words as facts. Boss Doggie made mistake and thought that Kamiya retweeted the Direct but it was E3 2012 Wonderful 101 page."
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it as he has many times before expressed his annoyance with the fanbase and he would want to avoid getting the fanbase on him for it. Having said that, reading that quote I'm much more inclined to believe that it was a mistake that went rampant considering that it would be easy to make and there's a lack of any other proof outside of word-of-mouth.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
What about Rosalina and Little Mac, both revealed after E3 with hints to their inclusion (stages), there is yet to be a character post E3 who is a newcomer to not be hinted in the PotD, so we can't dismiss it until we have an exception

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
What about Rosalina and Little Mac, both revealed after E3 with hints to their inclusion (stages), there is yet to be a character post E3 who is a newcomer to not be hinted in the PotD, so we can't dismiss it until we have an exception
Or Ridley and Palutena with their stages....*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom