• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I guess they're temporarily shutting down the site til after the direct, since everyone will be exploding from now until after the direct and after then will the system be able to handle it.
Wait, seriously?
Then I guess they'll come here, or IGN, or anywhere else. :dizzy:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
So, again if you don't mind me asking, how would one go snooping around for the Nintendo direct URL?

I understand it probably won't be live until 5 minutes prior to the direct but is there seriously any way at all of finding out unlisted Nintendo videos?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm gonna say we're gonna see 2 newcomer trailers. If I had to guess, one for Shulk and one for Mii. (Mii trailer will show Miyamoto, Iwata, and Regi Mii's fighting)

I also think we'll see veteran confirmations like Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Ness, Falco, etc without a big announcement as part of a bigger trailer. Sort of how we've seen Mario Kart characters confirmed.

And then maybe some gameplay stuff. I'm gonna place money on the game being released in July. I know that seems early. But Nintendo needs this game out the door. This and Mario Kart are the Wii U's last hope. Having the games out. Before the distractions of competition in the Holiday season may be a good idea.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
LOL
Let me be more specific, because I forgot you guys go crazy over what someone means when they're non-specific :p

I meant the unlisted YouTube video they stream the direct from. I'm almost positive there was a direct leak where someone found the URL shortly before the direct actually aired, which means any one of us could find out minutes before the direct as well.

So, once again to make it clear: I meant how could one snoop around for the already uploaded and unlisted YouTube video Nintendo has on their channel before the direct actually airs?

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Honestly I think this game will sell Wii U's like nobody's biznatch. Holiday release meh. Why bother honestly this game will sell like crazy up through the Xmas season. Nintendo doesn't need to compete in the Holiday market. They own that **** anyways. Really they just gotta get the wii u rolling. WORD!!!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
LOL
Let me be more specific, because I forgot you guys go crazy over what someone means when they're non-specific :p

I meant the unlisted YouTube video they stream the direct from. I'm almost positive there was a direct leak where someone found the URL shortly before the direct actually aired, which means any one of us could find out minutes before the direct as well.

So, once again to make it clear: I meant how could one snoop around for the already uploaded and unlisted YouTube video Nintendo has on their channel before the direct actually airs?
What you're thinking of is the Rosalina trailer. All of the trailers from that Direct were posted on Nintendo's official YouTube a little early on accident. I think it was towards the beginning of the direct that they were posted, but they were removed shortly after. So long story short, no one snooped around and was able to see the stream early. It's a live stream. No one is going to see it early.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I hope a lot of leaks get killed tomorrow with the character(s) revealed.
I know if Wolf got confirmed this early that would kill at least half of them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would think most leaks are dead based on the fact nobody predicted the Direct. That's a pretty big thing to miss.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Take the damn Betternet leak out back and castrate it.

Sorry.
I'm going to laugh at EVERYBODY if it gets even more support from the direct.
The 3 rows thing is basically it's kryptonite, but we'll see.
Personally, i'm sure it will be dead.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Gosh it's hard to sleep. A direct all about smash with character reveals… it feels I'm waiting for Christmas! :D

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
To be honest, three rows doesn't mean a lot.

Like it's possible that the creator meant 3 columns (people use row and column interchangeably), and that the four player select box thingys are on the four corners.

...(is it bad that I want Betternet to be true?)

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
"
1.) Shulk is the MC from a popular, critically acclaimed RPG released 4 years ago
2. A Xenoblade 'follow up' is in development for Wii U (clearly Nintendo want to expand on what Xenoblade offered)
3.) A Shulk 'look-a-like" was teased at the end of the first X teaser, which clearly demonstrates that Nintendo wants to keep the spirit of Shulk's character alive
4.) Monolith Soft have been a first-party Nintendo developer for 7 years
5.) Sakurai tweeted a picture of the Monado on his Twitter page which clearly show's he's aware of the game
6.) Shulk is one of the top requested characters in Japan
7.) Adding Shulk would help in promoting X, and help Monolith Soft become even more prolific within the Nintendo gaming community, thus helping Monolith Soft's games reel in bigger sales (I can see Nintendo wanting Monolith Soft's games to become bigger sellers seeing as they're first-party devs and will continue making more games on Nintendo systems down the line)
8. Nintendo released a Xenoblade Streetpass puzzle (Again, Nintendo clearly wants to expand on the Xeno brand, and it must be popular enough to warrant a Streetpass puzzle )
9. Fun fact: Nintendo was, from the very start, and regardless of Operation Rainfall, going to publish Xenoblade overseas, it was TLS and Pandora's Tower that was published by XSeed, NOT Nintendo. It just goes to show how more important Xenoblade is to Nintendo, seeing as it IS first-party.
10.) I tweeted Soraya Saga (the wife of the Xenoblade director) asking if Shulk will be in and she tweeted back saying "fingers crossed ;)"
"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68976227

Shulk is highly rumored as is, so he will likely be shown tomorrow/today.
Look at #8 and #10, what does this mean?

EDIT: Also-
"
I've seen plenty of posts discussing what and who they want to see in the Direct on Tuesday, but are we all forgetting the main idea here? It's aSuper Smash Bros focused Direct. We've gotten this for Pokemon X/Y, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101.

So, Pokemon X/Y got its direct on September 4th and the game released roughly a month later worldwide (October 12). Pikmin 3 got its direct on June 26th in Japan. The game released roughly a month later in Japan (July 13th). The Wonderful 101 got their direct on August 9th and the game released roughly a month later in North America (September 15).

This must mean that Super Smash Bros. will be releasing in roughly a month from the April 8. So possibly May 19th, the same day that the Brawl servers shut down? Ironically, May 19th is only 11 days from the release of Mario Kart 8, which will more than likely be a huge success, which releases on May 30th.
"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68969585

Sorry both are from Gamefaqs, but they put out amazing points.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Xenoblade is a Japanese game from a Japanese company, so forgive me for doubting that last one...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
"
1.) Shulk is the MC from a popular, critically acclaimed RPG released 4 years ago
2. A Xenoblade 'follow up' is in development for Wii U (clearly Nintendo want to expand on what Xenoblade offered)
3.) A Shulk 'look-a-like" was teased at the end of the first X teaser, which clearly demonstrates that Nintendo wants to keep the spirit of Shulk's character alive
4.) Monolith Soft have been a first-party Nintendo developer for 7 years
5.) Sakurai tweeted a picture of the Monado on his Twitter page which clearly show's he's aware of the game
6.) Shulk is one of the top requested characters in Japan
7.) Adding Shulk would help in promoting X, and help Monolith Soft become even more prolific within the Nintendo gaming community, thus helping Monolith Soft's games reel in bigger sales (I can see Nintendo wanting Monolith Soft's games to become bigger sellers seeing as they're first-party devs and will continue making more games on Nintendo systems down the line)
8. Nintendo released a Xenoblade Streetpass puzzle (Again, Nintendo clearly wants to expand on the Xeno brand, and it must be popular enough to warrant a Streetpass puzzle )
9. Fun fact: Nintendo was, from the very start, and regardless of Operation Rainfall, going to publish Xenoblade overseas, it was TLS and Pandora's Tower that was published by XSeed, NOT Nintendo. It just goes to show how more important Xenoblade is to Nintendo, seeing as it IS first-party.
10.) I tweeted Soraya Saga (the wife of the Xenoblade director) asking if Shulk will be in and she tweeted back saying "fingers crossed ;)"
"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68976227

Shulk is highly rumored as is, so he will likely be shown tomorrow/today.
Look at #8 and #10, what does this mean?
Nothing more then we didn't already know really, as those are points the character has always had. The only thing he mentions that is new is the tweet (apparently from some time ago), and for some reason he still hasn't given the link to that one.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Nothing more then we didn't already know really, as those are points the character has always had. The only thing he mentions that is new is the tweet (apparently from some time ago), and for some reason he still hasn't given the link to that one.
Apparently the tweet was back in 2013.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
So I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the general speculative opinion is that Shulk is to be revealed tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that that'll kill all the leaks we have except for the NotSakurai leak. Also why on earth is the Chrom leak listed as live? That was confirmed false by the leaker literally hours after it was posted.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
*crossses fingers* please let there be a release date please please please tonight let there be a release date

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The good new about the direct is we can almost guarantee the OP is going to be a lot neater.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Please just announce a character that will disprove all of our leaks it'll make our jobs easier
Tom Nook, Prince Fluff, Slime, Rayman, Nearly all of the EShop (Except Dillon)
I think we need a shocker right before E3 to keep us on our toes

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Gonna ask people to keep this kinda stuff in the Social thread/forums rather than here.
No fun allowed. You guys are waaaayyy too strict about "off topic" rules. The question shouldn't be, "Is there a place more suited for avatar bets?" but "Is this terribly off-topic?"
It's not. In here almost everyone knows about the Betternet leak. That post is directly applicable to this thread. It's the most appropriate place for the specific bet he made. If he said something that almost every Smash Fan is aware of like, "If Snake isn't shown in the direct then you guys can choose my avatar" then I'd be more inclined to agree since almost everyone on the board knows about the direct today and such a bet might be better suited in the general forum. Not everyone knows about the betternet leak. It would be less interesting and certainly less advantageous to make that same bet in a general social forum.

but even with that said, in my honest opinion avatar bets shouldn't be limited to the social forum no matter what the contents of said bet are. I think we (as in every thread/discussion forum here) all could lighten up just a bit, and those bets are very good ways to do so.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I hope a lot of leaks get killed tomorrow with the character(s) revealed.
I know if Wolf got confirmed this early that would kill at least half of them.
Man, I would love it if Wolf was announced, but I don't think he will be before Falco.
Please just announce a character that will disprove all of our leaks it'll make our jobs easier
Tom Nook, Prince Fluff, Slime, Rayman, Nearly all of the EShop (Except Dillon)
I think we need a shocker right before E3 to keep us on our toes
Prince Fluff would be such a great character.

As for Eshop characters, I'm so surprised that barely anyone seems to mention Pushmo. Especially considering it was developed by the team that makes Fire Emblem.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would think most leaks are dead based on the fact nobody predicted the Direct. That's a pretty big thing to miss.
Hmm... I wouldn't be entirely sure of that. It depends if the scheduling of the directs would come from the same source as the rest of the leak. It could very well be that the information didn't include the direct as the plans and time for it may not have been finalized at the time. So I don't know if it's enough on it's own.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I'm hearing rumours that Shulk is going to be revealed today because someone tweeted something (You know, like what happened with Little Mac)

But I can't remember the exact details of said rumour or Tweet, has it been discussed in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom