• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
No fun allowed. You guys are waaaayyy too strict about "off topic" rules. The question shouldn't be, "Is there a place more suited for avatar bets?" but "Is this terribly off-topic?"
It's not. In here almost everyone knows about the Betternet leak. That post is directly applicable to this thread. It's the most appropriate place for the specific bet he made. If he said something that almost every Smash Fan is aware of like, "If Snake isn't shown in the direct then you guys can choose my avatar" then I'd be more inclined to agree since almost everyone on the board knows about the direct today and such a bet might be better suited in the general forum. Not everyone knows about the betternet leak. It would be less interesting and certainly less advantageous to make that same bet in a general social forum.

but even with that said, in my honest opinion avatar bets shouldn't be limited to the social forum no matter what the contents of said bet are. I think we (as in every thread/discussion forum here) all could lighten up just a bit, and those bets are very good ways to do so.
We're not here to argue semantics. Light-hearted or not, off topic is off topic. Mind you most peoples' ideas of fun are completely ignoring the Global Rules, and that the majority of people follow this topic to keep up with leaks and rumors, not to see the users have fun.

I'm hearing rumours that Shulk is going to be revealed today because someone tweeted something (You know, like what happened with Little Mac)

But I can't remember the exact details of said rumour or Tweet, has it been discussed in here?
I believe this is what you're referring to.

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/452422712183386112

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm hearing rumours that Shulk is going to be revealed today because someone tweeted something (You know, like what happened with Little Mac)

But I can't remember the exact details of said rumour or Tweet, has it been discussed in here?
That sure would be amazing. Though Shulk is more requested in Japan, despite still being a popular request here, so I'm surprised they'd have the direct at the time most beneficial to Western viewers.

Unless they want to show TWO popular newcomers, and the non-Shulk one is kind of a big deal.

I can dream. I can dream...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Soraya Saga only tweets Directs when they have X-related content, as far as I know. Her tweeting the Direct seems to suggest that we may well see Shulk today.

That sure would be amazing. Though Shulk is more requested in Japan, despite still being a popular request here, so I'm surprised they'd have the direct at the time most beneficial to Western viewers.

Unless they want to show TWO popular newcomers, and the non-Shulk one is kind of a big deal.

I can dream. I can dream...
The Mac direct was also at a time better suited to the West, right? Maybe we'll get an Advance Wars newcompffffftaaaahahahahaha

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Am I the only one who can't stop reading "Shulk" as if it were an abbreviation of "She-Hulk"? Oy...

The leaks are standing, blindfolded, in front of their self-dug graves. Nothing left to do now but wait...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the general speculative opinion is that Shulk is to be revealed tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that that'll kill all the leaks we have except for the NotSakurai leak. Also why on earth is the Chrom leak listed as live? That was confirmed false by the leaker literally hours after it was posted.
I think "speculative opinion" is saying a lot of things right now. Like Palutena or Chrom or Miis or Ridley or Takamaru or Isaac.

It's not worth looking too much into....

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who can't stop reading "Shulk" as if it were an abbreviation of "She-Hulk"? Oy...

The leaks are standing, blindfolded, in front of their self-dug graves. Nothing left to do now but wait...
I never knew much about Xenoblade other than the existence of it and a big sword, so when I read "Shulk" for the first time, I seriously thought people were giving major thought into She-Hulk being a fighter lol.

Also, Shulk kills Betternet right? Betternet always sucked and I never believed it, sooooooooooooooooo that's a good thing.

fill

20EggsEggs
Am I the only one who keeps checking here for possibly leaked info or art?
i am, but i need to stop. I actually keep checking all the usual sites,lol. but i keep telling myself i need to stop until after the direct. What was the time frame on the rosalina leak, 1 hour?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe tonight is the night where out faith in Lady Palutena is rewarded or punished.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Prepare for a flood of rumors with the revealed newcomers from the Direct after the Direct. That is typically how it goes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm prepared for a rumour massacre. How amny mentioned specific gameplay mechanics?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No, but you're certainly the angriest one who does that. :troll:
I'm not angry :sadeyes:

Hell, I'll gladly say I was a prick last month based on the trade off we're getting. I figured there was SOMETHING coming after we didn't get any characters. Now I'm freaking PUMPED.

You still haven't finished that picture BTW. STAND AND DELIVER!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why does everyone seem to hate the Betternet leak?
Because it's a crap roster that looks like it was assembled by a GameFAQs user obsessed with "MOAR FEMALES" regardless of their merit, it cuts characters needlessly, and it's brought up every other damn day in this thread despite having holes as large, if not larger than the ones in "leaks" we've dismissed upon a glance.

Shulk would kill it, so I'm hoping those tweets about him hold some water.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Because it's a crap roster that looks like it was assembled by a GameFAQs user obsessed with "MOAR FEMALES" regardless of their merit, it cuts characters needlessly, and it's brought up every other damn day in this thread despite having holes as large, if not larger than the ones in "leaks" we've dismissed upon a glance.

Shulk would kill it, so I'm hoping those tweets about him hold some water.
It should already be dead.

Why in the world would they replace Pokémon Trainer with a new one? THAT ISN'T BELIEVABLE.

I HATE when people think that will happen. It's not going to happen. Just stop.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Why in the world would they replace Pokémon Trainer with a new one? THAT ISN'T BELIEVABLE.

On the bright side, there's a good chance it'll be killed a few hours. Personally, I'm hoping for a Lucas reveal to do that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Not to mention, "They're replacing Pokemon Trainer, but I'm not telling you what those Pokemon are."

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Only way I see that happening is to only 3rd parties if SEGA and Capcom want to screw up their financial cost.
Once they've signed off on them there's nothing they can do. Nintendo have full permission and rights to use Megaman and Sonic for this game.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
What's wrong with Pac Man? He's easily the most deserving 3rd Party...
I agree not a big fan of Pac-Man but with Namco co-producing the game he's a safe bet. Not to mention his iconic status in the industry.
I'm rather intrigued at his potential moveset (as long he's not controlling a machine it's all fine...)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
People love to ***** around Pac-Man being in the game, because apparently he is "boring" or something

Yet they ask for characters like Chrom, who are the definition boringness

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
People love to ***** around Pac-Man being in the game, because apparently he is "boring" or something

Chrom's saga was one hundred times more interesting and heartfelt than Ike's saga to me. To each his/her own, i guess.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I don't think he has any reason to be in Smash. I'm iffy on third parties in general, as they typically steal all the attention in what's supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo all-stars, but Sonic and Megaman at least make sense given their history with Nintendo. Pac-Man just makes no sense for Smash and thus holds no appeal for me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Yeah it's pretty ironic moronic.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Some of us ask for neither, because they're both boring.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

But Chrom shows more personality in one game than Pac-Man has in 30 years.

Your logic is flawed.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thinks Alph (Pikmin) still has a chance to be in the game? With the new Pikmin (rock + flying) from Pikmin 3...
People believed he'd be in for a long time, but then Olimar got revealed and now after some time nobody talks about the possibility of 2 Pikmin characters anymore.

I don't even think there's any recent rumor mentioning him. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom